BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Would like to see him at Everton, if he does well there and behaves himself see about coming here in a few years.
So proving himself by winning multiple league titles and CL titles with different teams, in different countries has not convinced you?
But managing Everton will convince you?
Did you believe that Moyes would be a huge success?

:p

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
For the same reason as it is to imagine Pep managing city through the Europa league..
And i'm not sure he's capable (Mou i mean) :)
But who cares if he's capable of managing a midtable team on a tight budget? Moyes had that skill and spent £70m on shit like Fellaini and Mata when he came here while finishing 7th place

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Sadly I've become a total twitter troll, and I've been mercilessly abusing the official Man Utd twitter account for days now. Desperate times if even I've signed up for a social media account.

TBH, I have zero faith that the club will do what is right here. Instead I don't doubt they have some cockamamie plan that is going to fall flat on its face. We've only seen the beginning of how far this club is going to fall. It's going to be bad, very bad. If Van Gaal stays or Giggs takes over, I predict Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Leicester, Liverpool, West Ham, Everton, and one other surprise team, will all finish above us.

De Gea will leave, and we'll continue to struggle scoring goals in a useless passing system built around Wayen Rooney. 10th-12th place finish.

If Mourinho comes in - which he won't, because board - we'll challenge for the title.

Owngoalscorer

But who cares if he's capable of managing a midtable team on a tight budget? Moyes had that skill and spent £70m on shit like Fellaini and Mata when he came here while finishing 7th place
& Mou recruited Falcao after the fiasco here and ? Does my comment even mention Moyes ?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Would love to see the fekker at Everton - like that we can see if the twat really is better than Moyes without having to put up with his slimy persona here first :lol:
Would be great to see him maintaining a clubs mid-table status on a tight budget
& Mou recruited Falcao after the fiasco here and ? Does my comment even mention Moyes ?
Well you were comparing him with Moyes earlier so I took it as a continuation of that. Keeping a club at midtable on a tight budget is also what Moyes was known for.

Everton have new investment and the TV deal coming for next season will ensure clubs like Everton have decent money to spend anyway. An article in the Guardian yesterday said that Everton will have their biggest transfer budget ever for this summer

Owngoalscorer

Apart from the last comment these were also fairly obviously meant in a humorous way which you might get if you quoted my other comment tonight but nvm...

Bojan11

The Everton owner is worth 1.93 billion dollars. He'd be 9th in terms of richest owners in the league. Not sure why people seem to think he's going to throw crazy money around. He's not bought Everton for his personal gain like Roman or City owner has. He is going to want to make money.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Haven't Everton been taken over by a rich dude?
His net worth is around the same as John Henry and more than half of that of the Glazer family. All three are worth less than the Spurs' owner and same with Arsenal's. I'm sure he'll invest but can't see them having transfer windows with net spends of £70M+

Bojan11

Aware that the Portuguese’s preference is to resume his trophy-laden career at an English club, Everton have sought to exploit Manchester United’s hesitation in securing him as replacement for Louis van Gaal. P hone calls have been made both to Mourinho’s representative and directly to the coach to propose Everton as an alternative place of work.

According to close friends, Mourinho is unlikely to accept Everton’s offer. United’s executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, has asked him to wait until the end of the domestic season to begin formal talks about succeeding Van Gaal, and Mourinho remains confident that he will be offered that position.
The bottom bit is from Baldies article.

Bojan11

His net worth is around the same as John Henry and more than half of that of the Glazer family. All three are worth less than the Spurs' owner and same with Arsenal's. I'm sure he'll invest but can't see them having transfer windows with net spends of £70M+
They'd most likely sell Lukaku and invest all that money.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The Everton owner is worth 1.93 billion dollars. He'd be 9th in terms of richest owners in the league. Not sure why people seem to think he's going to throw crazy money around. He's not bought Everton for his personal gain like Roman or City owner has. He is going to want to make money.
Aye, "Everton's biggest ever transfer budget" doesn't have to mean wafting hundreds of millions about, their biggest net spend ever is 36.5m.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
One of the certified in the knows on Grand Old Team is claiming Mourinho has approached Everton. Probably for leverage mind you.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Ordinary Mourinho to Everton would be a ridiculous idea, with no chance of it actually happening, but he has indicated quite strongly and clearly that he wants to stay in the Premier League, which limits it down to twenty potential clubs right from the start.

Of the top Premier League clubs, how many of them are in for a manager? City have the best in the world coming-in, Wenger isn't going anywhere as long as he keeps the money rolling in, Spurs have Poch, Liverpool have Klopp, Ranieri can do whatever he wants at Leicester after the season he's just overseen, West Ham have just had their best season in ages, Chelsea just sacked him and have Conte coming, and United have another season of LVG.

With all of those ruled-out, he's stuck with choosing the best from the rest, which makes Everton suddenly look like the best available club with the most potential to build something of what is left. I still don't see him going there, but if he's definitely managing in the league next season and the top sides aren't in the market for managers, then... well, he's got to go somewhere...

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If United continue with LvG, why Mourinho won't choose Valencia over Everton? I know he likes in England etc but Valencia will offer him quicker route to getting back among big boys. At Everton it will take very long time, if at all, to be among top 4 when league is so competitive.

RRCE

I think there's more of a chance of Mourinho managing England (presuming they have another underwhelming tournament) than of him taking over at Everton. The former won't happen either, of course. Everton would be too big of a backward step for him.

Personally, I still believe he's destined for Old Trafford. Despite some indications that Van Gaal will stay, which largely stem from LVG himself, the bulk of the evidence suggests that it's only a matter of time until Jose arrives.

Rednotdead

Well, LVG has certainly been laying the foundations for his departure with his rants blaming Scholes if he gets sacked. He certainly doesn't have the air of a man who's secure in the knowledge he's staying.

As many have been saying all along, despite many "ITKs" claiming otherwise, it's clear that no decision has yet been taken and at this point we have no agreement with Mourinho.

I'm quite sure though, the end game will see Mourinho in post on 1st July. Whether that's a good or bad thing, only time will tell.

Stretford End Phil

The level of cash being pumped into the Epl by TV is now attracting owners who only see a potential cash cow. That doesn't bode well for any clubs and will be a further strain on clubs that are on the margins.

vidic blood & sand

Ive only seen the daily star talking about mourinho to everton. There's nothing but tits and arses in that paper, including the writers.

fallengt

Yep. Because becoming Manchester United manager is all about behaviour.

What is this rubbish? We're a football club, not a boarding school for the upper class
We have Giggs who fecked his brother's wife multiple times. Why the feck people even care how Mourinho would behave

Last edited:

Bojan11

The level of cash being pumped into the Epl by TV is now attracting owners who only see a potential cash cow. That doesn't bode well for any clubs and will be a further strain on clubs that are on the margins.
Exactly. He's going to be happy with just staying in the premier league and getting that TV money.

Don't know why there is excitement over this guy. He'd sell Lukaku and spend all that money. Whilst pocketing the tv money.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Mourinho himself has said that he can wait till 30th June. Patience people, he's not going to sign for Everton unless there's a clear indication that we don't want him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mourinho himself has said that he can wait till 30th June. Patience people, he's not going to sign for Everton unless there's a clear indication that we don't want him.
The fact he's waiting tells me everything I need to know. Real approached him before Zidane took the role. He could no doubt have had Valencia with Mendes' links. Inter would have taken him.

I just don't see any other job he might be waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.