BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I disagree, at this point we are a project and further down the pecking order of preferred destinations of top tier players than some of us we would care to admit
That doesn't make us a project. It means we have work to do, but the term itself is thrown around as though managers are mere contractors caring little about the long term value of the club. Mourinho certainly wouldn't be hired on that basis, and going by his interviews, he wants a long term run. Hence, my problem with the term "project".

SirAF

Ageist
That doesn't make us a project. It means we have work to do, but the term itself is thrown around as though managers are mere contractors caring little about the long term value of the club. Mourinho certainly wouldn't be hired on that basis, and going by his interviews, he wants a long term run. Hence, my problem with the term "project".
What about a long term project? ;)

fanutd

Looks like it is all but confirmed. French journalists connected with PSG and the french league are tweeting that we have offered Zlatan a one year deal. No way would Zlatan play with LvG. It appears this is curtains for LvG.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Looks like it is all but confirmed. French journalists connected with PSG and the french league are tweeting that we have offered Zlatan a one year deal. No way would Zlatan play with LvG. It appears this is curtains for LvG.
In fairness, it doesn't say he's accepted said deal.

fanutd

I am gonna go ahead and assume that an offer is not made unless the indication from the said player is a positive one. This is a pretty huge hint about what might the future hold for the manchester united managerial position.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
RMC precise that he will only answer when the name of the manager is confirmed.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
But, if LVG was to be manager next sesaon, we would not even bother making an offer. LVG does not get along with Ibra and would not sanction the purchase.
LVG wants robots who will do exactly as he programs them to do. And Ibra is the complete opposite of a robot.
Within reason, Ibra does as he pleases.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I dunno what it is but thread chances like this make everyone come over all funny, it's infectious.

fanutd

RMC precise that he will only answer when the name of the manager is confirmed.
Yes, completely agreed. Fairly certain club won't be waisting their time and Zlatan's time. I think all the roads are leading to one destination.

acrebo

But, if LVG was to be manager next sesaon, we would not even bother making an offer. LVG does not get along with Ibra and would not sanction the purchase.
LVG wants robots who will do exactly as he programs them to do. And Ibra is the complete opposite of a robot.
Within reason, Ibra does as he pleases.
Unless Ed has told LVG that the only way he keeps his job is to agree to a marquee signing in Ibra... /conspiracy

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Unless Ed has told LVG that the only way he keeps his job is to agree to a marquee signing in Ibra... /conspiracy
Keeping LVG will cause a lot of hatred for woodward from fans
Signing Zlatan for LVg would cause hatred from lvg
LVG being a bitch to zlatan would cause dressing room problems to United.

All that trouble to keep LVG? Mourinho hhas to be close. I hope LVG announces tomorrow or in friday press conference that he is retiring.

JoaquinJoaquin

Keeping LVG will cause a lot of hatred for woodward from fans
Signing Zlatan for LVg would cause hatred from lvg
LVG being a bitch to zlatan would cause dressing room problems to United.

All that trouble to keep LVG? Mourinho hhas to be close. I hope LVG announces tomorrow or in friday press conference that he is retiring.
Yeah I keep hoping that at the end of the time in his final message of the season he announces that he is stepping down after the final.

Anustart89

I can't think of many worse ideas than freshing up our devastatingly slow and ponderous attack with a 35 year old who has never played in the Premier League.
Much better to freshen it up with a big Belgian fella with an afro who has played in the Premier League.

PL experience means feck all, some players fail and some players succeed. I think that Zlatan would be a success if we got Mourinho, regardless of whether he's played in the league before or not.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I can't think of many worse ideas than freshing up our devastatingly slow and ponderous attack with a 35 year old who has never played in the Premier League.
I think he'd score goals in England even at the age he's at now. Do you not think United need a character like that in the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.