BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
probably doesn't want his eye poked out
He'll certainly get a real eye opener with Giggs in charge!

But I can just imagine Mourinho meeting Charlton, and really wanting to impress him. The two hit it off, begin to make jokes, and then Mourinho makes a kind of "boop" gesture with his hand and accidentally pokes him in the eye, sitcom style.

Dobba

I wonder why Sir Bobby can't just sit down with Mourinho and tell him about the United way and how a representative of the club should carry himself.
"Hi Jose. I know you're currently in a court battle with an employee you fell out with, because she believed one of your players was hurt, while counting your enormous severance package for getting sacked from your previous job after winning 9 games in 25 and losing the dressing room you had put together. But, if you promise you won't do it again, we'll have you replace our current manager who we're sacking for only winning 8 of his last 25 games and losing the dressing room he has put together. Don't make a promise you can't keep either, or we'll have to sack you and give you an even bigger amount of money than the one you're struggling to count as it is."

clarkydaz

"Hi Jose. I know you're currently in a court battle with an employee you fell out with, because she believed one of your players was hurt, while counting your enormous severance package for getting sacked from your previous job after winning 9 games in 25 and losing the dressing room you had put together. But, if you promise you won't do it again, we'll have you replace our current manager who we're sacking for only winning 8 of his last 25 games and losing the dressing room he has put together. Don't make a promise you can't keep either, or we'll have to sack you and give you an even bigger amount of money than the one you're struggling to count as it is."
ya know, the Charlton stand off came because of the eye poke, but that was years ago and maybe If that was the sticking point time might have eased his resistance. But then this season happened with Eva etc...:lol:

Member 5225

Mourinho ain't coming. We've pissed around with this for far too long that I wouldn't be surprised if he has the hump.

It's absolutely ridiculous it's gotten this far. We'll end up with Giggs and Scholes and then things will go from bad to worse. The threads on here will be entertaining as hell though
Yeah agreed witht this.

Infra-red

Mourinho ain't coming. We've pissed around with this for far too long that I wouldn't be surprised if he has the hump.

It's absolutely ridiculous it's gotten this far. We'll end up with Giggs and Scholes and then things will go from bad to worse. The threads on here will be entertaining as hell though
Doomsday scenarios are popular at the moment, and with good reason given our utter abysmal form and generally shambolic existence since Fergie stepped down.

I can't see any prospect of this particular nightmare coming to fruition though. Giggs doesn't want another interim role; if we were willing to give him the job full time LVG would have been canned by now. We are obviously holding out for something/someone better. Things are bad but Woodward & co are not at the seppuku stage quite yet.

Fully Fledged

Doomsday scenarios are popular at the moment, and with good reason given our utter abysmal form and generally shambolic existence since Fergie stepped down.

I can't see any prospect of this particular nightmare coming to fruition though. Giggs doesn't want another interim role; if we were willing to give him the job full time LVG would have been canned by now. We are obviously holding out for something/someone better. Things are bad but Woodward & co are not at the seppuku stage quite yet.
Yeah he is close friends with LVG and I can see him wanting to wait until he finally goes before accepting the post.

entropy

Can't help but laugh at the shite position our club and Jose are in. He has no other club to look to and we have no managerial options either. Like a borderline alcoholic wanting just one swig.

Loon

:lol:
I have absolutely no basis in reason for this, but I think he's coming in the summer and is just taking the piss. (kiss of death).

Brophs

The One and Only
Wayne 'Royston' Veysey. He's a bit of a big deal in the reporting of fictional transfer dealings.

Brophs

The One and Only
Is he a local?
Think of him like the bloke in Sympathy for the Devil (or Di Marzio). He's local to everywhere. He's in every boardroom, on every call, waiting beside every fax machine. He knows before there's anything to know.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I do hope they find a role for Terry Cooke.

Butt has the Academy, Beckham has his own career and Neville is at Valencia but Terry seems to be left out.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If the players are saying they want Jose, it will be that they have been watching Giggs in close proximity as well as LvG and do not think he is up to taking over as manager. They might be turning to the bench during games when they are struggling and will have noticed Giggs just sat there looking a clueless as the manager. These players want to win trophies. Yes it is nice being paid a lot to play for us, but it is even nicer to get paid a lot and win medals for us. A lot have played under good managers at previous clubs and will know when things are not being run correctly.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If the players are saying they want Jose, it will be that they have been watching Giggs in close proximity as well as LvG and do not think he is up to taking over as manager. They might be turning to the bench during games when they are struggling and will have noticed Giggs just sat there looking a clueless as the manager. These players want to win trophies. Yes it is nice being paid a lot to play for us, but it is even nicer to get paid a lot and win medals for us. A lot have played under good managers at previous clubs and will know when things are not being run correctly.
Exactly right. Surprised no one on the Caf picked up on this as yet. Was interesting to me to hear that coming from the players. Makes me fear if Giggs gets the job we definitely won't be able to lure any top talent as well. Why would they place their careers in the hands of a rookie? Other teams will have experienced coaches and the money to pay them as well.

Needham

If Mourinho's reported wages are true I'll give him till half time in his first match in charge to turn us into Brazil 82.

Mainoldo

I cant talk about it.

I think he knows that he will be the next manager and is just waiting for lvg to be sacked tbh
He's our manager for the summer. But it's what we do with this 'fool' now!! We need someone to get us to the summer.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think its a done deal for the summer.

I think we don't wont to throw him in a mess mid season where he would be full of pressure to get us in the top four when it is unlikely with our current squad.

Hammerfell

I think its a done deal for the summer.

I think we don't wont to throw him in a mess mid season where he would be full of pressure to get us in the top four when it is unlikely with our current squad.
I'd rather he came in and we finish 5th than stick with LVG and possibly end up 7th or 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.