Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Is he really that good? How many good seasons did he have? I for one didn't have any idea about him last year round.

Over 20 pages after a day, can't believe what's going on here. City are still shambles at the back, they still don't have a replacement for Yaya coming in. These things will come back to haunt Guardiola, just like what happenend last season.

City can't invest more than 200 mil., so spending 70 mil on another attacker isn't the best kind of business.

:cool:

prtk0811

Could be, but after the report last week from Canal+ that we were in advanced talks, would suggest we were more than only monitoring him. Maybe we got thumped by City or maybe we pulled out and City was his second choice, but i really think he was a possible target at some point
Players are buying into guardiola methods since 2013 ,it's not a coincidence every top players we are linked with us is hijacked by pep. He certainly is campaigning against us to join him because of the so called Philosophy.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
We were never in for this guy. It was as easy a deal as we could have done given Mendes links.
He doesn't work exclusively for United.
He was at City v West Brom match a couple of weeks ago to finalise business.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This is a shame.

I don't know how City will fit everyone in but fair play. Hell of a signing. A replacement for Silva perhaps?
Having him, De Bryune and Mane behind Aguero, with Jesus and Sterling able to come off the bench - scary.

el3mel

This is a shame.

I don't know how City will fit everyone in but fair play. Hell of a signing. A replacement for Silva perhaps?
Having him, De Bryune and Mane behind Aguero, with Jesus and Sterling able to come off the bench - scary.
Jesus will be starter next season. Aguero will be the one warming the bench.

They'll probably line-up with Sane, Jesus and B.Silva, with De Bruyne behind them.

RAVred

Honestly if this was the price it was probably determined too much for us. My guess is greizmann and another forward potent with goals comes in.

Greizmann and Sanchez look enticing but Sanchez actually does similar stuff in terms of his work rate, where he likes to be on the pitch etc. Not sure if those two together would be the best

tomaldinho1

Were we ever in for him or is it just caf wishes?

Still would rather Fabinho - think he much more in line with what we need

NoPace

Strongly linked with him, but when you look at it, is he really a Mourinho type player?

Very good dribbler, but he lacks the explosiveness that Jose likes in his attacking players. Willian, Di Maria, Hazard, etc all have that.

If Mourinho is going to buy a wide player, I think he'll want a player with more speed and directness than Silva. We've recently been linked with Moura. I'd be underwhelmed if we got Moura, however, I expect us to be targeting players of that ilk on the wing.
Yeah, I think he might have been a difficult fit here unless we'd committed to a 4-4-2 with Silva on the right and Griezmann in a front 2, which would mean Pogba in a 2, which isn't ideal for him, though it probably would be for Griezmann.

Whereas at City, he makes perfect sense. Guardiola will turn him into Iniesta. De Bruyne and both Silvas will compete for the 2 starting CM spots in Guardiola's 4-3-3. They'll stay fresh even with the CL games and pace of the Prem, and if Sterling or Sane go down, Bernardo (or De Bruyne) can be effective out wide.

After seeing that City have let Sagna and Clichy go and now bought a fine midfielder, I think I'm going to betray my fandom and put a bit of money on them to win the prem. They're obviously going to sign 2 fullbacks to replace those geriatric fellas and with Chelsea back in the CL, I think they'll have a bit more trouble in the Prem.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Relax? RELAX?! This is Muppet Season, nobody is relaxing any time soon! Don't you get it; we're shit. City are going to get Silva, Chelsea will get Ronaldo and Messi, Pele will join Stoke and Hitler will become a ball boy at Crystal Palace. Meanwhile we'll get relegated, and have to forfeit Transylvania to Hungary. It'll be a total mess.
:lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Didn't want him when he was linked to us and don't much care about him going to City now. I'd be quite upset if we missed fabinho though, and liked Mendy too.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Soon, be patient, it's happening.;)

They can have Silva for that kind of price. I'd be seriously pissed if we spunked 70m on him. He's good but not at that price, and I'm not sure how they can accommodate him, David Silva and KDB in the same team.
If City pay 70m Sterling that means that all the add-ons have been triggered, in which case he will have been a bargain.

Red4Life_#7

Are we not rumoured to be after Griezmann? Is he not of a higher standard than every player city currently have?

Why aren't they blocking us by buying him then?
Big statement, I would love for this to be true. So you think Griezy is better than KBH?

Aye, just because City are signing Silva let's not forget that Griezmann is the best player in the world outside of Madrid and Barca.
Another big statement... have you seen a lot of Griezmann? Because I would really like for this statement to be true and not media hyped.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I was amazed we had any interest in him. He's not suited to our system at all. Perfect signing for City though.

Haven't read this thread but I imagine the meltdown is epic.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Big statement, I would love for this to be true. So you think Griezy is better than KBH?

Another big statement... have you seen a lot of Griezmann? Because I would really like for this statement to be true and not media hyped.
Yeah plenty, Griezmann is an absolutely immense player. He's world class, easily a top 5 player these past 2 seasons.

Womp

idiot

Griezmann if he plays to his ability will be the best player in the league.

Tarrou

I didn't even particularly want him and I'm bordering in meltdown after reading this thread

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was amazed we had any interest in him. He's not suited to our system at all. Perfect signing for City though.

Haven't read this thread but I imagine the meltdown is epic.
I agree he's a great replacement for David Silva and suits Pep to the T.

There were so many posts here boning Silva but I trust Mourinho in recruiting the right players for his system. It was quite obvious that Silva wasn't a player we needed most ahead of a CB, striker and defensive midfielder. City clearly wanted him more and got him.

witchtrials

Seems like a great signing for them. We're going to need to reinforce very well this summer to catch up.

RuudTom83

Hehe at the reaction! wtf!

Where can I see the 17/18 medal ceremony? City have wrapped up next season by the way people are carrying on.

el3mel

Hehe at the reaction! wtf!

Where can I see the 17/18 medal ceremony? City have wrapped up next season by the way people are carrying on.
Remember the overreaction about City winning the league already after the first 10 matches this season ?

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
I really think we'd only go for James if Griezmann didn't work out.

It's a bummer but Silva wasn't a priority, as many have pointed out he suits City more. City are going to bring in good players this summer, we just have to get used to it, but so will United. We could do with a proper pacy wideman to be honest, wouldn't mind Willian from Chelsea myself but doubt they'll sell.

City are just going to try and overwhelm people in attack next season, force them to counter and try to smother that too with high pressing. It will work in the PL, especially against lesser sides, but it's risky against the top European sides in the CL imo.
Good accurate post.

MDFC Manager

Who is KBH?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Remember the one with Bebe? :(

Even for 43 mil. i'm not mad. City need defenders and i want more pace on the wings, so still a good day. ;)
Bebe? what has Silva got to do with Bebe? Nobody saw Bebe play while Silva has been amazing for almost 2 seasons now

Scholsey2004

Gutted. Thought he was company ng here. Terrific player. On another note city must be moving on some forwards. They've got a lot of forwards now.

Nero

Remember the overreaction about City winning the league already after the first 10 matches this season ?
If City win the league next season it will be their 3rd league title in a row. At least I assume it will. I've been assured for the previous two summers on here that City's summer signings were going to have them walking away with the league. Unstoppable force.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bebe? what has Silva got to do with Bebe? Nobody saw Bebe play while Silva has been amazing for almost 2 seasons now
All i'm saying is that i don't trust a compilation on Youtube. You as the GifLord yourself already know that such a video only shows the good moments, but for the audience it's mission impossible to find out how often the good moments really come to fruition.

Tearing up the Ligue 1 isn't a good enough indicator for me to state that City are having a very good player on their hands. I've seen a lot of players not living up to the hype, e.g. Otamendi, Mangala, Gomis (Barca) and there are so much more.

Fairplay to you for your assessement, but i'm not getting carried away. But if the judgement day comes along, i won't be afraid to eat my humble pie, we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.