Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Ainu

You have to be a special kind of childish to consistently use the word "rags". We often refer to Chelsea as Chelski or chavs, Liverpool as dippers, City as bitters, etc. However, more often than not, they are simply referred to as Chelsea, Liverpool and City. It's as if there's an autocorrect that changes every possible permutation of Man United, United, Man Utd or whatever to "rags". At least I hope that's the case.

Tyrion

You have to be a special kind of childish to consistently use the word "rags". We often refer to Chelsea as Chelski or chavs, Liverpool as dippers, City as bitters, etc. However, more often than not, they are simply referred to as Chelsea, Liverpool and City. It's as if there's an autocorrect that changes every possible permutation of Man United, United, Man Utd or whatever to "rags". At least I hope that's the case.
The post I quoted a while back:

On Good Friday 1915, the last season before the league ended for WWI, the rags were in serious danger of relegation when they went into the Good Friday game against Liverpool (whe were also in the bottom half of the table). The rags won 2-0 but there were a few suspicious incidents during the game, primarily when a Liverpool player hit the bar with a shot and some of his team-mates were clearly unhappy with him and when the rags were awarded a penalty, when 1-0 up and the penalty taker nearly hit the corner flag.

Afterwards, bookies complained about suspicious betting patterns on the result and the FA investigated. They found that players on both teams had conspired to arrange the result and a number were banned. Those two points enable the rags to finish 18th with 30 points, one place ahead of Chelsea with 29 while Spurs, with 28, were relegated.

Of course, we had to be dragged in, with City player Fred Howard found guilty of betting on the result. After the war, most of the players were pardoned apart from one, who fought the decision and lost. Billy Meredith was playing for the rags at this time, following his transfer there after our little financial scandal in 1906. That came about after allegations that he'd tried to bribe a Villa player to throw a crucial game but there's no evidence to suggest he was involved in this scandal.

Just proves that cheating is in their DNA.
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=311640&sid=b79e44288bbf9ed9b407997c0a1084f3

was by one of their mods. The thread title was something like "The centenary of the 1915 Rags v Liverpool betting scandal". Just after that, someone said "United". Though the next poster said rags again. I don't think it's auto correct.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=311640&sid=b79e44288bbf9ed9b407997c0a1084f3

was by one of their mods. The thread title was something like "The centenary of the 1915 Rags v Liverpool betting scandal". Just after that, someone said "United". Though the next poster said rags again. I don't think it's auto correct.
100 years ago some united players cheated, the rest were not even in on it. Same with the Liverpool players. fecking bluemoon, they got their trophies and they are still bitter about us.

Tyrion

100 years ago some united players cheated, the rest were not even in on it. Same with the Liverpool players. fecking bluemoon, they got their trophies and they are still bitter about us.
It's also ironic that they judge us by events from 100 years ago when you think of where they were until recently.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It's also ironic that they judge us by events from 100 years ago when you think of where they were until recently.
As much as match fixing is deplorable, there's not much worse than condoning racism and defending a racist and a person who has assaulted fellow professionals.

Winrar

So their chairman is from rags Arab Emirates?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Does anyone else ever sort of forget that City are champions?

I think it's a combination of them being garbage this season and last season more memorably being the season that Liverpool fecked up the title. Who won didn't matter as long as they fecked it up.

I always have to do a second take when someone refers to City as champions and think it through. Due to the circumstances, I'm just totally indifferent to it and it didn't seem to register at all.

Trizy

Cheating is in our DNA, don't you know when in recent years all RVN, Ronaldo, Rooney and RVPs goals were offside and all begin with 'R'? Just like the word 'rags'! .. fecking RAGS!

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante

I think it's a combination of them being garbage this season and last season more memorably being the season that Liverpool fecked up the title. Who won didn't matter as long as they fecked it up.

I always have to do a second take when someone refers to City as champions and think it through. Due to the circumstances, I'm just totally indifferent to it and it didn't seem to register at all.
Yup, same.

Nicely put, exactly how I feel.

Phurry

Furry Fecker

It's fecking brilliant IMO. If the dippers had won we'd have never heard the end of it, as it is, noone even mentions that City are the champions :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Funny you say that. I keep thinking Chelsea won it rather than just fecking up Liverpool's chances.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

No, but I've pretty much forgotten Inter Milan's treble in2009/10.

Brightonian

Except one might assume the remark about Utd preceding the poll quote to be ironic in the sense of implying the reverse...

Language eh?
Firstly, that would be sarcasm, not irony. Language eh?

Secondly, it's clearly not his intention. He is suggesting that having the aforementioned 'shits given' about your club isn't necessarily a good thing, because often the clubs that people give a shit about are the clubs people hate. As I said.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Same for me.

Feedingseagulls

Firstly, that would be sarcasm, not irony. Language eh?

Secondly, it's clearly not his intention. He is suggesting that having the aforementioned 'shits given' about your club isn't necessarily a good thing, because often the clubs that people give a shit about are the clubs people hate. As I said.
Irony is a complicated notion embracing different possibilities, but one of the standard elements is:

irony
ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
In addition, Ronetta has famously failed to clarify in what way the poll was meant to clarify her point, though your guess is certainly reasonable.

Last edited:

Red Comet

Now you have to be registered and logged in to view postings. They can't handle it :lol: