Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

padr81

Supports
Man City
they had plenty of fans back then to be fair

I don't think they have that many more than they used to, though

like I know they have a few new glory hunters and wotnot but it didn't feel like how Arsenal got loads of new gloryhunters when Wenger made them sexy

in my eyes at least

I'm convinced the few hardcore city fans I know were happier when they were shit
That's the truest take, the same 40k or so with only a minor increase (at least in adults) since the takeover. No idea globally but I would say it's noticeable our fanbase among teenage plus age groups hasn't grown nearly as exponentially as expected

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
That's the truest take, the same 40k or so with only a minor increase (at least in adults) since the takeover. No idea globally but I would say it's noticeable our fanbase among teenage plus age groups hasn't grown nearly as exponentially as expected
Most young fans follow their parents team and will do for the rest of their lives. I don’t see anyone gaining massive amounts of fans in the UK. Newcastle, if they ever become dominant, will also mostly be that very same core group of fans. They will continue to be less popular everywhere but Newcastle.

kentafuji

Someone is trying to sound smarter than they are using big fancy words. Reckon they must be a bluemooner with a thesaurus

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Someone is trying to sound smarter than they are using big fancy words. Reckon they must be a bluemooner with a thesaurus
Doubt it. That would require them to know what a thesaurus is.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

:lol:

No self awareness. "Sir, we are better than Utd because we have built this city. And built this City. We should be allowed to do whatever the feck we want outside of the rules of the governing body, or anyone else's rules, with our blood stained oil money. Because, sir, money is king".

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Someone posted this over on bluemoon. It’s clear as day they know the club is guilty here.

tomaldinho1

You can't pick and choose which parts of FFP you like - the uncapped owner investment into infrastructure is a great thing - and then dodge the ones you don't.

Fluctuation0161

Reading through the comments on Blue Moon it seems a lot of City fans genuinely believe there is a so called cartel out to get them and that the charges are nothing but a witch hunt led by Liverpool and Man Utd.
They are totally deluded.

I guess they have to double down or they look stupid for defending their club. But I think they genuinely believe the cartel of big clubs are targeting them.

They don't even realise that City is the real Cartel. How many football clubs do City Group own now? :lol:

JackRowley

Most young fans follow their parents team and will do for the rest of their lives. I don’t see anyone gaining massive amounts of fans in the UK. Newcastle, if they ever become dominant, will also mostly be that very same core group of fans. They will continue to be less popular everywhere but Newcastle.

you only have to look at the average home attendance over last 70 years to see that United have had the seasons highest home average for over 60:years, and for the other 10 a close 2/3/4 th. Newcastle before keegan arrived we’re getting gates of Less than 20k, so much for their fans saying they always fill their ground.

The Purley King

Agree with this.
My son is a Utd fan and it was never even an option for anything else. Was the same for me when I was little, not a decision I was permitted to make.
Might be different for overseas fans I don’t know…..

I’m loving my life

They are totally deluded.

I guess they have to double down or they look stupid for defending their club. But I think they genuinely believe the cartel of big clubs are targeting them.

They don't even realise that City is the real Cartel. How many football clubs do City Group own now? :lol:
The bellends at my old place of work used to talk about ‘world domination’ in their early title days, and quadruples. That is what City fans really want after decades of being a non existent joke of a club in our shadow.

The fact they have now been pulled up over the means of their owners trying to achieve ‘world domination’ has sent them into a blind panic. Years of mediocrity and then sudden artificial success has sent them neurotic.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
you only have to look at the average home attendance over last 70 years to see that United have had the seasons highest home average for over 60:years, and for the other 10 a close 2/3/4 th. Newcastle before keegan arrived we’re getting gates of Less than 20k, so much for their fans saying they always fill their ground.
Are you sure about that?

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I love all the imaginary rag mate tales. Of all the things that have never happened, those tales have never happened the most.

Herman Toothrot

The truth of this is that Manchester City Council sold off huge parts of the city on the cheap. The deal was criticised by Amnesty at the time and investigations since found it to have been an incredibly poor deal for the city of Manchester. So while vast areas of around Ancoats and toward the stadium have been transformed, the real beneficiary are forgein investors and not the people of Manchester.

The city has some of the highest levels of investment in Europe but they sit alongside some of the most deprived areas and a housing crisis. While the city has been strangled by cuts and the council sought external funding, this particular deal is an example of a city selling off its silverware on the cheap.

It was not a good deal for the city and the investigation should not stop with football. Why was a city so keen to celebrate its radical history jumping in bed with these investors? Why didn't they even get a good price? Why did Sir Howard Bernstein retire from the council early and take up a roll working for the City football group?

Fluctuation0161

The truth of this is that Manchester City Council sold off huge parts of the city on the cheap. The deal was criticised by Amnesty at the time and investigations since found it to have been an incredibly poor deal for the city of Manchester. So while vast areas of around Ancoats and toward the stadium have been transformed, the real beneficiary are forgein investors and not the people of Manchester.

The city has some of the highest levels of investment in Europe but they sit alongside some of the most deprived areas and a housing crisis. While the city has been strangled by cuts and the council sought external funding, this particular deal is an example of a city selling off its silverware on the cheap.

It was not a good deal for the city and the investigation should not stop with football. Why was a city so keen to celebrate its radical history jumping in bed with these investors? Why didn't they even get a good price? Why did Sir Howard Bernstein retire from the council early and take up a roll working for the City football group?
Absolutely.

Zen86

Yep. F**ks me off when they bang on about the area investment as if it's an altruistic crusade. City were a vessel for them to exploit the local property market and, while it may look a bit prettier now, there aren't many in the city who benefit from it in the long term.

JohnnyKills

Gloryhunter fans are those who support a team because they became successful, United had millions of fans worldwide long before the PL era and let's face it ,we were pretty shit in a lot of the time.

City had a lot of local support and they weren't shy about it either, older members of this forum will remember the days of Peter Swales and what the City fans got up to

There were plenty of gloryhunters at OT during the SAF years and a lot of us despised them then
Indeed.

City have always been a big club, probably the 9th or 10th biggest in the country in terms of fanbase, with a decent ground. Some of United's best nights have come from winning semi-finals at Maine Road.

Their success is still massively artificial, though. If all football clubs performed to their natural level then they'd probably be a mid-table PL team with the odd good cup run.

I’m loving my life

Excellent post.

The purchase of City is icing on a very murky cake for them. Nothing in this saga can be seen as positive for the club, city and the people.

JohnnyKills

Excellent post.

The purchase of City is icing on a very murky cake for them. Nothing in this saga can be seen as positive for the club, city and the people.
Especially as they sold a stadium built with public money to a privately-run football club, without consulting anyone who didn't support said club, for next to nothing.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yep. F**ks me off when they bang on about the area investment as if it's an altruistic crusade. City were a vessel for them to exploit the local property market and, while it may look a bit prettier now, there aren't many in the city who benefit from it in the long term.
Did you ever see what the area looked like before? It was a derelict wasteland of a long gone industrial past, the whole area looked like a huge bombsite and probably still would be if the council hadn't sold it off cheap

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Especially as they sold a stadium built with public money to a privately-run football club, without consulting anyone who didn't support said club, for next to nothing.
Especially as they didn't, City do not own their stadium, they rent it from the council

Fts 74

They didn't sell the stadium to City, City pay £4m a year rent and pay for maintenance/refurbishment etc.

But the council have been falling overthemselves to give ADUG whatever they want.I was told years ago by a solicitor who is very good friends with Howard Bernstein and Richard Leese and Graham Stringer MP their policy was/is whatever they want they get.

Fitchett

Well said

Gazautd18

This is the problem with social media. People read it and believe it. I’ve got 4 young lads working at my place. Unfortunately they are all plastic rags but I thought I’d give them the benefit of the doubt as they are new out of university. Unfortunately as I walked in yesterday it was “city cheating” this and “FFP” that. I quickly brought them back down a peg or two and got them to pipe down but that’s the problem. They read a tweet or a FB post and believe it. This is where the damage is done. We are suffering reputation damage
Back on topic please.
The imaginary rags are at it again...

Gazautd18

@padr81
Shots fired!!!
Save this cat!!
An alleged City fan on RedCafe using the pseudonym of padr 81 is a disgrace to the club. A complete psychophant. See attached. Unbelievable.
If he’s a city fan I’ll go to the foot of our stairs and wank the cat
:nono:
All Fergie's fault apparently...
Take it from me , and I’m just a passionate City fan , the slur started from Ferguson, he knows absolutely feck all about City , even a prick like him will have googled “Manchester City” before he brought his whiskey down to that desperate shower of shit he managed - he’s know idea who was the bigger club in the early years - and nor does he accept that our club -City , pulled that shower of shit out of the mire when OT got bombed. That absolute weapon - endorsed the “ ticking time banner” at our expense. Liverpool are as bad , and Spurs ? Who the feck do they think they are ? We have no friends- Pep , what a man. Get fecked you so called big six , we always have been a big club , go feck yourselves.

RedRocket9908

It was the same when Swansea came up, their season ticket holders were written to asking them not to wear United shirts to games any more, they said it was fine when they were in different divisions but now they were 'rivals' it was a bit of a no-no.
Is this claim from Blue Moon actually true? its the first ive heard of this happening

Ottawa MLS Fan

Blue Moon is pure gold ….

"This is the problem with social media. People read it and believe it. I’ve got 4 young lads working at my place. Unfortunately they are all plastic rags but I thought I’d give them the benefit of the doubt as they are new out of university. Unfortunately as I walked in yesterday it was “city cheating” this and “FFP” that. I quickly brought them back down a peg or two and got them to pipe down but that’s the problem. They read a tweet or a FB post and believe it. This is where the damage is done. We are suffering reputation damage."

Gotta love how in their stories they always "take the United fans down a peg or two", but they never address the allegations.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Did you ever see what the area looked like before? It was a derelict wasteland of a long gone industrial past, the whole area looked like a huge bombsite and probably still would be if the council hadn't sold it off cheap
What’s your point? That this was a good deal for Manchester?