Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Natener

Then irony is it was only last year where all the pundits were lauding how well run City and Liverpool were as football clubs and that Utd need to learn from them to get back to the top in their recruitment and running of the club. Yeah, cheating is a pretty easy way to get to the top.
And the double irony to that is if United had their owners, we would actually be the best example of what they are pretending to be, a proper well run club with massive funds and the revenue to back it up. They have to cheat because they lack the prestige and earning power United has to back up their $$.

Irrational.

City are the Donald Trump of the Premier League clubs.

Overly arrogant, victim mentality, blames underhanded forces at work.

Genuinely hope they get the whole book thrown at them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Still can't see beyond any more than points deduction,whatever they have done it still feels their lawyers keep them in this league. Every chance they will get high court or even supreme court if required.
Maybe so. However if they get a significant points deduction and it costs them a CL place that's going to cost them nearly £70m quid. Not only that but their reputation is now also in tatters.

City won't be able to sweep all this under the carpet now. The cat is officially out of the bag now.

NiceGuyEddie

Enjoy :lol:

It's like Bob Mortimer on 'Would I Lie To You?'. You know his stories are so fantastical, so utterly outlandish that they can't possibly be true. But then you suddenly start doubting yourself and remember this is Bob we're dealing with here and anything is possible.

Although Bob is actually an intelligent, witty bloke and probably not a psycho.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Relegation out of the football league please and a transfer ban for 5 years, please. Time for the PL to take a stand.
That's an interesting FM2025 challenge. Taking City back to the Prem.

Chief123

Still can't see beyond any more than points deduction,whatever they have done it still feels their lawyers keep them in this league. Every chance they will get high court or even supreme court if required.
If they get found guilty, I think that will pretty significant in itself. The integrity and reputation of the owners will be in tatters. Pep has said he would walk if he found out they were lying to him. So that would be Pep gone. To continue operating amongst other teams in the premier league when everyone knows you cheated would be difficult for the owners and senior management. I genuinely think they’d sell up and get out of there. Their whole project isn’t feasible without cheating.

Tarrou

they had plenty of fans back then to be fair

I don't think they have that many more than they used to, though

like I know they have a few new glory hunters and wotnot but it didn't feel like how Arsenal got loads of new gloryhunters when Wenger made them sexy

in my eyes at least

I'm convinced the few hardcore city fans I know were happier when they were shit

mctrials23

I'm not quite sure why people have an issue with "gloryhunter" fans. United have millions of fans worldwide, largely because we were the biggest club around for a long time. People watch football to be entertained. Its lovely if your nearest club is a good club that plays good football but plenty of people don't have that luck. I'm from Essex and my local club is Colchester. I watched them a few times when I was younger and nearly slit my wrists. They were bloody awful and I grew up at a time when United were on the up and I liked their players and watching them when I could (which back then was very rare because of the lack of TV coverage). I loved football and wanted to support a team that was good and exciting. Thats why I support United. I imagine thats why a huge number of people support the team they do.

City will no doubt have plenty of new fans that only support them because they are one of the biggest teams in the country and because they are good to watch. Kids don't tend to worry about politics or silly rules about what team you should support.

Whats surprising is that they haven't got more fans to be honest.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm not quite sure why people have an issue with "gloryhunter" fans. United have millions of fans worldwide, largely because we were the biggest club around for a long time. People watch football to be entertained.
But people also (should) have morals. I don't see a big issue with the United ownership in that regard, but cheering for City means cheering for a despicable regime and ideology.

I get that it's hard for original fans to leave their club behind after such a takeover, which is why I tend to agree that at least some of them were happier when City were shit, but becoming a fan of such a business should not happen.

mctrials23

But people also (should) have morals. I don't see a big issue with the United ownership in that regard, but cheering for City means cheering for a despicable regime and ideology.

I get that it's hard for original fans to leave their club behind after such a takeover, which is why I tend to agree that at least some of them were happier when City were shit, but becoming a fan of such a business should not happen.
Kids don't really worry about that sort of thing and why should they. Do 99% of the population worry about worker conditions when they give amazon probably thousands a year. Do they care about the products they buy from Unilever that are made by a company responsible for mass death and destruction throughout its existence.

Basically anyone who is fantastically wealthy will have accumulated that wealth through really scummy behaviour. I'm sure there are exceptions but thats the reality of it.

I don't want oil money anywhere near United but I am just as much of a hypocrite as anyone else when it comes to caring enough to actually do something if it happened. Its easy to take the moral high ground when it doesn't impact your life.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Its easy to take the moral high ground when it doesn't impact your life.
I agree with most of your post, but this is the key for me - it doesn't affect your life which club you are a fan of (not much at least if you look at comparable successful clubs), so why willingly take the moral low ground here?

And your general observation how most people become rich is a big reason why I will always defend the German 50+1 rule, but that goes further than thr scope of this thread I think.

eire-red

If they get found guilty, I think that will pretty significant in itself. The integrity and reputation of the owners will be in tatters. Pep has said he would walk if he found out they were lying to him. So that would be Pep gone. To continue operating amongst other teams in the premier league when everyone knows you cheated would be difficult for the owners and senior management. I genuinely think they’d sell up and get out of there. Their whole project isn’t feasible without cheating.
Pep walking out would a massive loss for them. I think quite a few players will look to leave too. There's a possibility all of their accolades will be null and void in the most extreme scenario. That must be crushing and extremely frustrating for some of those players.

I know if I was an employee and my reputation in my field was shredded because the company I worked for was corrput, I'd be fuming and looking for a move.

Don't think it will come to that, but if the boss walks, it's an open invitation for the players to demand a swift exit.

OverratedOpinion

You kinda got to feel for them lot, specifically their authentic fans , they didn't sign up for this.
I do feel bad for the fans that supported them before 2009. I might even buy them all a drink, who cares if there isn't much change from a £50 note, they deserve it.

Counterfactual

"Independent commission" = "legal long grass, never to be seen again".

(By the way, Mr Government, look at the action we're taking, just before a white paper is published on having an independent football regulator!)

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'm not quite sure why people have an issue with "gloryhunter" fans. United have millions of fans worldwide, largely because we were the biggest club around for a long time.
Gloryhunter fans are those who support a team because they became successful, United had millions of fans worldwide long before the PL era and let's face it ,we were pretty shit in a lot of the time.

City had a lot of local support and they weren't shy about it either, older members of this forum will remember the days of Peter Swales and what the City fans got up to

There were plenty of gloryhunters at OT during the SAF years and a lot of us despised them then

RedRocket9908

Reading through the comments on Blue Moon it seems a lot of City fans genuinely believe there is a so called cartel out to get them and that the charges are nothing but a witch hunt led by Liverpool and Man Utd.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Reading through the comments on Blue Moon it seems a lot of City fans genuinely believe there is a so called cartel out to get them and that the charges are nothing but a witch hunt led by Liverpool and Man Utd.
Their insecurity stems from them knowing they won the oil lottery which created their success, yet they still had to cheat to achieve it.

Projection is often confession.

lex talionis

I just find it hilarious that all these new City fans are shocked, shocked to hear of corruption committed by their corrupt owners.

romufc

I just find it hilarious that all these new City fans are shocked, shocked to hear of corruption committed by their corrupt owners.
They turned a blind eye to it. I saw a City fan say, he would not want the owners out even if they were found guilty.

The desperation to overtake ManUtd reached levels that they did not care how the owners did it, just that they do.

RedRocket9908

Some of them believe its the Premier League thats corrupt rather thsn their owners because they wont allow them to spend as much money as the want.

Some of the City fans who are saying they should be able to spend as much as they want are probably the same ones who spent years complaining about Man Utd spending before their club won the lottery.

Stan Jefferson

Is it just me or are they starting to sound a whole lot like trump supporters these days?

I had absolutely no respect for any of them before but now I have even less somehow. Honestly, I kinda hope they just dissapear from football entirely and take their fans with them. I may despise the scousers but at least I have some begrudging respect for them, city can just feck off.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is it just me or are they starting to sound a whole lot like trump supporters these days?

I had absolutely no respect for any of them before but now I have even less somehow. Honestly, I kinda hope they just dissapear from football entirely and take their fans with them. I may despise the scousers but at least I have some begrudging respect for them, city can just feck off.
Absolutely. Said it earlier myself.

mctrials23

I agree with most of your post, but this is the key for me - it doesn't affect your life which club you are a fan of (not much at least if you look at comparable successful clubs), so why willingly take the moral low ground here?
Not buying things from Amazon wouldn't impact your life much either but most peoples bar for "amount of inconvenience I am willing to suffer for moralistic reasons" is non-existent. I would wager that for a lot of fans they would far quicker give up Amazon than the football club they support. Some people take their football very seriously.

Gloryhunter fans are those who support a team because they became successful, United had millions of fans worldwide long before the PL era and let's face it ,we were pretty shit in a lot of the time.
We did but the vast majority of our fans have never been to Manchester and would firmly fall into the gloryhunter category. I just find it a weird stick to beat people with. That a luck of birth means you are more of a fan that someone who lives abroad etc.

Yes if fans flip flop between teams based on the form of a team that is a bit silly but any fan who is a fan through good and bad times is a good fan in my books. The past decade or so is a good barometer.

Zoo

A quick thought for dealing with opposing fans. I had a Liverpool fan tell me I should admit some guilt. Of course in the Anglo-American justice system you are innocent until proven guilty. It is idiotic to tell somebody to admit guilt.

I responded with to him with City will have its day in court. He went quiet.

another response that I like as well:

I am confident City's good name will cleared in court.

My point being don't take any grief from opposing fans. Express confidence in public and ignore any bait they send your way. If you become disillusioned come on here and get some support from your fellow fan. We will ride out this storm together as a fanbase.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I would wager that for a lot of fans they would far quicker give up Amazon than the football club they support. Some people take their football very seriously.
Yes of course, but my point was more about becoming fan of a club, not being one, to speculate why City hasn't grown a massive fanbase by being successful.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Not buying things from Amazon wouldn't impact your life much either but most peoples bar for "amount of inconvenience I am willing to suffer for moralistic reasons" is non-existent. I would wager that for a lot of fans they would far quicker give up Amazon than the football club they support. Some people take their football very seriously.

We did but the vast majority of our fans have never been to Manchester and would firmly fall into the gloryhunter category. I just find it a weird stick to beat people with. That a luck of birth means you are more of a fan that someone who lives abroad etc.

Yes if fans flip flop between teams based on the form of a team that is a bit silly but any fan who is a fan through good and bad times is a good fan in my books. The past decade or so is a good barometer.
The vast majority of our fans may not have been to Manchester but a lot of them were fans when we were crap, I don't class those as gloryhunters, the ones that latched on afterwards is s different matter

JTW95

Gullible sausage
It's hilarious how they all genuinely believe there is a witch hunt against them and they are being stitched up by the Premier League and the 'cartel'.

I'm guessing the average bluemoon user sits posting with a tin foil hat on and also believes the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake and 9/11 was an inside job. I've never seen another fanbase like it!

justsomebloke

The vast majority of our fans may not have been to Manchester but a lot of them were fans when we were crap, I don't class those as gloryhunters, the ones that latched on afterwards is s different matter
Come on. If you're ten years old and living in a small town in Finland, or on a farm in Switzerland, or in the suburbs of Brussels, or in downtown Kuala Lumpur and you care enough, according to the reasons that matter to your typical ten-year old, about the Premier League to pick a favorite team, do you really actually think it's reasonable to expect the kid to pick a middling team like Wolves or Crystal Palace rather than a hugely successful one that is full of star players you admire? Why would anyone do that? The only ones who do that (unless there's a family connection or something) arethe ones to whom it is important in itself not to choose the same thing as everyone else. There are very few such 10-year olds.

Also, I'm pretty sure a fairly clear majority of our global fans came on board between 1990 and 2010. And why wouldn't they?