Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

AlexUTD

Yes, that report is pretty damning.

The bizarre sequence of events is remarkable, because the people high up in the club knew that the additional payments had to be done in secret and without any paper or email trail, yet on six occasions, the club had to ask them for the extra money and even detailed the shortfall. And on each occasion they dropped themselves in it.

You would think that they would have kept it under the radar, but no, they made the club chase them for the money, and as a result the cheating is beyond any doubt. Even Ferran Soriano was copied into those mails.

So everybody knows that they are guilty, and City fans are hoping that the PL will back down. Or that the government will step in an quash the charges, following pressure from the UAE.

But it is too late for that. The PL will look pretty stupid if they back down after making such an emphatic statement. And the rest of the clubs won't let them get away with it. Especially Everton or Forest.
PL cannot turn back after giving Everton 10 points deduction for 1 breach mate.

padzilla

Hipster
PL cannot turn back after giving Everton 10 points deduction for 1 breach mate.
There's no way the PL is going to get the better of a nation state in a legal dispute sadly, the UAE is worth billions annually to the UK in tourism alone, the fact that meetings with the government and City have taken place behind closed doors suggests a deal is being cooked up to make this go away.

When I say go away there'll be another fine like the last time when drugs cheat Pep demanded an apology from UEFA for accusing the club of breaching FFP rules.

Of course, the fact the club paid a 9 million quid fine at the time for "doing nothing wrong" is neither here nor there... cough, cough, nudge, nudge.

pacifictheme

I would guess if there is a deal it will be something like a points deduction for a few charges, meaning they miss Europe for a season but are not relegated.

JuriM

There's no way the PL is going to get the better of a nation state in a legal dispute sadly, the UAE is worth billions annually to the UK in tourism alone, the fact that meetings with the government and City have taken place behind closed doors suggests a deal is being cooked up to make this go away.

When I say go away there'll be another fine like the last time when drugs cheat Pep demanded an apology from UEFA for accusing the club of breaching FFP rules.

Of course, the fact the club paid a 9 million quid fine at the time for "doing nothing wrong" is neither here nor there... cough, cough, nudge, nudge.
Wait do you think that Premier League cares about who owns ManCity? If they are found to be guilty, they will get the hammer. Premier League as an entity cares about their #1 League title much much more than maybe UAE is going to be "mad". Legit nothing to them.

thisisnottaken1

They must be the most bitter fanbase in English football. I know scousers call Everton fans the bitter but they can't come close to City's lot, surely.
It’s funny because I’ve had them calling us bitter because of their fake success. A prime example of the pot calling the kettle black

padzilla

Hipster
Wait do you think that Premier League cares about who owns ManCity? If they are found to be guilty, they will get the hammer. Premier League as an entity cares about their #1 League title much much more than maybe UAE is going to be "mad". Legit nothing to them.
I am sure the Premier League would gladfully hand out a serious sanction unfortunately they won't be able to do so if instructed to do otherwise by their own government.

The same Premier League turned down Saudi's bid for Newcastle but had to then accept it later when instructed to do so by the UK government.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Boringly slow in the office...

Sam Lee saying it was presumed he would replace txiki.
Wasn't he in a more senior role than txiki so that should have been a step down.
Lee has gotten confused and thought Sorriano presumably.

Txiki is Director of Football, Berrada is a commercial guy.
He was never going to replace Tkiki he’s not a football man he’s an administrator possibly Ferran but I doubt he’s going anywhere which is more than likely why Omar as defected
Sam Lee knows feck all. Big nosed c*nt
Berrada is both. He works with Txiki on the football side, especially with transfers and contracts.
Yeah Omar go and sign player x ok Txiki
Jokes aside, but if charges are proven he would be culpable like others and possibly get a ban from football. So actually the fact United are taking him may mean they don’t think there will be any issues?
As the rags always do due diligence?
Hopefully, but they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, they probably look no further than they have contributed to another empty seat at our stadium
I wouldn’t read too much into it - especially when it relies on assuming that shower would make sensible decisions ;)
Thought that myself.
I'll worry about this in 10 years when the rags have caught up
No different to how leading executives switch jobs in large chunks of big business. These are ambitious guys who want to better themselves and earn more dosh - if it means going to work for a rival then so be it. For many, the only loyalty they have is to their wallets and egos.
Some people are responding as if he’d grown up a City fan and graduated through the academy or if Haaland had gone to the rags. Need to detach all this from the lads who wear the shirt on match days.
All that's fair enough - but I bet Pep, Txiki and Ferran are fecking furious with him.
I think the opposite, all three probably thinking good luck but you won’t change anything at old toilet
This is hugely concerning and potentially has huge ramifications.

Omar was viewed within the club as a natural successor to Ferran Soriano as CFG’s CEO and played a huge part (In everything) that went on at the club and the wider City football group.

Omar has knowledge and information on absolutely every detail of City’s and CFG’s operation. Something really, really fishy about this.

I have no doubt Khaldoon will have tried to intervene to retain him.
So my dear. How do you know all this club boardroom info
. ...
Meh. He will be easily replaced.
He will know what confidentiality clauses and penalties mean. And not that concerned about what Utd will gain. It is like hiring a high end pilot to drive a skoda.
I don't get the move though, he might get more money or climb to a higher role, but with the CFG as a whole, far more scope there long term.
Ah well, cheers for whatever part he had in signing Haaland, and all cheerio.
Never heard of him until 20 minutes ago, likely I'll never hear of him again. A big Meh for me.
He's a number cruncher who used to sit with txiki on transfers. Everyone is acting like khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour has upped sticks.
Piss funny to see how many posters with low post counts have come on this thread acting all shocked and spouting their bollocks.
Yep a strange move but I'm saying to myself so what!

But this thread will weed out the non city fans on here, stick out like sore thumbs.
Well it’s not all bad news. Would the rags employ someone who could be facing time. And he will have signed an NDA. So I’m sure the club won’t fret
What a fecking snake .
Maybe he didn't fancy York away next season! ;-)
I hear that he knows where the bodies are buried with regard to our charges and RATcliffe has brought him in to spill the beans ;-)
He'll be sending us the rags full accounts via email shortly.

#DoubleAgent
This is disappointing as it will elevate them in the coming years. With close links however, maybe he can quash any underhand tactics by Gill et al.

If anything, this may well push City on even more….
Look - they’re poaching our lesser execs. He wasn’t good enough to hold that position in our club

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Such weird reactions. There's a single post in the above which is true, about how it's very normal for these C suite guys to move around. These aren't players who would never go to a rival, they're just highly ambitious guys and United for all our ills are one of the biggest clubs in the world who can pay big money. He's a French/Moroccan dude, has no allegiance to either club and it's a step up in title. It's only news because it's United and Sir Jim/the sale has been a big media talking point.

Woodward to City announced imminently.

No Idea For Nickname

I have no doubt Khaldoon will have tried to intervene to retain him.
Bingo. Do you not think we could have matched or exceeded whatever financial offer they made him. Even with a position/title do you not think we couldn't offer him progress or opportunities within the group?

If he is leaving, the club will be totally ok with it.
What does this tell us about the 115 charges? They are going to be quashed.
The rags will NOT appoint someone who, according to the world, social media and red cartel softarses, is part of a conspiracy, fraud and everything else the media are throwing at us.

If anything this rubber stamps us being not guilty at all.
There’s a couple of scenarios to consider here:
Worst case, there’s a shit storm coming, extremely unlikely.
He’s had an offer he couldn’t refuse, it’s all about the money.
We’ve found someone better, he was about to be released, so resigned, which I’m going with
It’s a promotion as well isn’t it? A lot of people hoping it’s the 115 charges though….
If this was a player transfer, it's equivalent to us losing Gabriel Jesus
Can't wait for the rags to offer their support in our case against the PL - after all, their own CEO stands accused.

He'll have signed an NDA, so how's that going to work? No comments all the way?
Alexis Sanchez. Ronaldo. Maguire. Casemiro. Varane. Etc. Etc.
Berrada.
Get the piano ready.
They‘ve turned more corners than Scalextric
Smart long game move by the rags. Hiring Berrada with the brief to build a 3-5 year strategy based on the City blueprint. They will hope that will start to pay dividends as Pep's era comes to and end.

They might be assuming that we will stand still whilst that happens. Which of course we won't.
They're 10 years behind.
By the time they've implemented the City blueprint, we'll have developed a whole new blueprint to lead world football on.
They're 20 years behind.

By the time they've implemented the City blueprint..
United pick up their first trophy of the season
The we nicked your commercial manager cup
Omar Betrada :)
feck him. Hes a now a rag **** at a rag **** club at least 12 years behind us.

Rag. ****.
Going heavy here …….
Forget the football!
INEOS are possibly our owners main competitor in the oil industry ?
Rags give INEOS 25% stake .
Rags poach our main business man .

Wholly feck !
Here we go rags already mouthing off about him jumping before ship sinks regarding the bogus charges. Great
That’s because deep down they hate to admit that they need our cast offs. We’re so above them in every way
Of course he might be on a mission to destroy from within
"After considering his age, health and workload, Omar has decided with a heavy heart to retire from top level football and join Manchester United"
Heard he was the one who wanted Kalvin Phillips and Sergio gomez
Business is business.
He gets a promotion and I bet the money he is getting from them is astronomical.
Fair play to him.

I have a feeling we’ll be ok. Ha.
It’ll be nothing to do with money - City will have matched any offer.

It’s a great opportunity though to run ‘his’ team.
What are the odds as soon as he’s stepped through the door at that shit hole they’ll be telling him to bad mouth us about the charges
He will have been heavily involved if not overseeing all that we’ve been accused of
its funny seeing people mention the charges for him leaving, if omar was about to be done for fraud united would be going nowhere near him, in fact it shows the opposite that theres nothing in them
Maybe they realised he couldn't make the step up, he's certainly taking a step down moving to that circus.

feck him!
Hope his fingers fall off the feckin Judas snake rat (and now rag scum) ****

Rojofiam

Such weird reactions. There's a single post in the above which is true, about how it's very normal for these C suite guys to move around. These aren't players who would never go to a rival, they're just highly ambitious guys and United for all our ills are one of the biggest clubs in the world who can pay big money. He's a French/Moroccan dude, has no allegiance to either club and it's a step up in title. It's only news because it's United and Sir Jim/the sale has been a big media talking point.

Woodward to City announced imminently.
Classic case of insecurity + echo chamber.

Anything happens that could be bad for them or reflect bad on them, and the whole thread is basically them making up imaginary scenarios where everyone is evil and stupid, except them, always innocent and saints, and of course the smartest ever. And it's just 50 pages of this whilst patting each other's backs.

No Idea For Nickname

Players and staff come and go. That’s the nature of football. And Pep always says if people want to go they can go.

Apart from the owner (no reason to think he will leave!) the only departure that will matter is Pep. That will be momentous and a pivotal moment in our history.

Then we can start worrying!
Obviously a bit of a blow to lose him, but not like it’s Pep or Txiki going. I’m sure he’ll be replaced by someone similarly competent and we’ll continue on an upward trajectory.
Plus it's not as if he's jumped ship to join one of our rivals.
If you look at the leadership team at City, link above, he’s way down the pecking order.
Negotiates sponsorship deals across The City Group.
He’s irrelevant, somebody better will arrive, he’s reached his pinnacle at City, nowhere further to go with us.
So, The Rags have done us a favour, overpaid as usual, bought an also ran.
All the big stuff affecting our success is still part of the team.
As ever, we continue to improve, move people on to unsuspecting clubs.
Don’t be daft, he’s played a huge part in getting the club to where it is. He’s earned the right to have a go at the top job elsewhere.
Jesus rags getting excited about employing some bloke from little citie , just shows how low their bar is !
No idea who he is ! But to go from the City campus to the swamp he isnt going for better working conditions ! So it must be for the money.
it's going to take more than one new appointment at the rags to change anything
So they’re hiring a ceo who’s been involved in fraud on a massive scale for over a decade?
Omar dosent really have any loyalty to city this is bussiness and how the big CEOs roll and its brutal but thats how the top earners get to the top you dont stay complacent. It pains me to say it but the Rags are still a massive draw he will be on mega money! One of the top dogs, and will have massive bonuses if he can get the rags back competing, it's a massive challenge.
You can have all the front office fancy titles you want: Chief pioneering officer of Milky Way astronomical football particles but there’s one thing you will never have: Pep Guardiola.
If you think HRH and Khaldoon will be pleased to see Omar Berrada depart for United then you sir haven’t got a clue.

He was the most senior executive in CFG after Khaldoon and Ferran and was in line to become our group CEO after Ferran calls it a day.
He's certainly very senior and has worked with Soriano & Begiristain for many years, both here and at Barcelona.

When City Matters started he was the lead from the City side so I know him. A very nice guy, quite quiet but thoughtful. He moved to be COO of Global Football Operations during lockdown and Roel De Vries came from Nissan to take over the Global COO role. I'm not sure I'd see him as a natural replacement for Soriano though.

I doubt very much whether he'd be considered as tainted if we were to be found guilty of all the PL charges though. He'll have played little part in high-level finance or legal decisions. i like him and I just hope he knows what he's doing.

Anyway, I'm told we're getting Ed Woodward in to take over his role so that's a step up for us.

Gazautd18

They‘ve turned more corners than Scalextric
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s because deep down they hate to admit that they need our cast offs. We’re so above them in every way

:lol::lol::lol:

RedRocket9908

They line that they'd never be able to afford what we offered him is at unbelievable levels of delusion :lol: :lol:
They litterally showed the highest wage bill in Football history at £423m (more than £60m more than Utd paid) on their official accounts for 22/23 becoming the first club to break the £400m mark and pay some of the biggest wages in the world so to claim they cant afford what we we offered is ridiculous and its clearly not about the money.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/ma...all-history-treble-season/blt29c222a0d9df96f9

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...become-first-british-club-post-400m-wage-bill

Matriac

All this about an NDA.

What's he going to say to the PL tribunal, or whatever they call it? Sorry guys, my NDA forbids me from telling you anything about the shenanigans going on at City.
NDA's usually have a paragraph about being compelled by authorities to divulge information. Usually that's referring to governmental bodies, but I'm sure if the PL officially demands him to answer they would be considered a legal authority in matters relating to following PL rules and regulations.

The paragraph acknowledges that the other party can't hinder the individual that signed the NDA from complying with official requests, but asks that if requested then the individual should inform the other party asap so that they can potentially file an injunction to prevent him divulging the information. Won't always work, but gives the other party an opportunity to block the authority from making a deal with the individual behind the company's back.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Boringly slow in the office...
I'll worry about this in 10 years when the rags have caught up
Oh how on earth will we catch up with their 9 league titles and 1 champions league?!
I think the opposite, all three probably thinking good luck but you won’t change anything at old toilet
Mad how so many of them have the mental age of a 4 year old.

Wheato

The UAE and the British Government do not own the Premier League. And the Premier League have deep pockets as well. Deeper than people can fathom. The most important thing for the PL is maintaining the reputation of their brand, and keeping that annual return of 13 billion dollars of revenue flowing. They need to keep the majority of clubs sweet. And they know the clubs that bring in the biggest television audience globally, and they all want City charged with these breaches of the rules.

So don't think that the government is going to come knocking on their door to give them a warning, when they have a solid case, which clearly identifies wrong doing. The PL have the support of everybody, including the FA, Uefa, and all of the PL clubs.

If they backed off, it would be suicide.

Last edited:

Withnail

The UAE and the British Government do not own the Premier League. And the Premier League have deep pockets as well. Deeper than people can fathom. The most important thing for the PL is maintaining the reputation of their brand, and keeping that annual return 13 billion dollars of revenue flowing. They need to keep the majority of clubs sweet. And they know the clubs that bring in the biggest television audience globally, and they all want City charged with these breaches of the rules.

So don't think that the government is going to come knocking on their door to give them a warning, when they have a solid case, which clearly identifies wrong doing. The PL have the support of everybody, including the FA, Uefa, and all of the PL clubs.

And yet... I'm not convinced they won't get away with it.

Waynne

Poaching Pep as well would tank that place. I hope it happens just to feck with them even more.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Some people on do use cringeworthy nicknames on here but I'm not sure you've picked any there. Isn't that just City spelled phonetically in a Manc accent and Emptyhad as a pun on Etihad, because they never fill the place?
Yep. Citeh is just manc dialect. Certainly not as cringe as "old toilet".

padzilla

Hipster
The UAE and the British Government do not own the Premier League. And the Premier League have deep pockets as well. Deeper than people can fathom. The most important thing for the PL is maintaining the reputation of their brand, and keeping that annual return of 13 billion dollars of revenue flowing. They need to keep the majority of clubs sweet. And they know the clubs that bring in the biggest television audience globally, and they all want City charged with these breaches of the rules.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with how this ends up. A fine plus a 15 to 20 point penalty at most would be my guess.
The reality is if they are guilty of what they are charged of they should be kicked out of the league but we all know that's never going to happen.

Gazautd18

Yep. Citeh is just manc dialect. Certainly not as cringe as "old toilet".
That always seemed a bit weird to me.
Us taking the piss out of Manc dialect as they take the piss cos we're not from Manchester :houllier:
They do have some genius names though.
Loved "family man" " pig farmer" and "Govan Piss Can"
:lol::lol::lol:

RedRocket9908

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with how this ends up. A fine plus a 15 to 20 point penalty at most would be my guess.
The reality is if they are guilty of what they are charged of they should be kicked out of the league but we all know that's never going to happen.
Ive just watched the documentery and given the level of corruption they are alledgedly involved in there is no way its going to be only a fine and small points deduction if they are found guilty, if guilty they will face an unprecedented punishment and rightly so.

croadyman

Poaching Pep as well would tank that place. I hope it happens just to feck with them even more.
Fully expect him to go on another sabbatical before taking an international job. Our chance to get him was definitely back in late 2012 but Bayern got there first

the_cliff

Let's get this straight. The UK does not depend on the UAE. In fact, as someone who's lived in the UAE it's quite the opposite. Not just in terms of tourism and money but also military wise and key ally. The UK could tell the UAE we're taking the club of you and forcing you to sell and the UAE wouldn't be able to do a single thing to have any effect other than a minor blip in the grand scheme of the UK economy. That is a myth that needs to die.

The UK government literally took in the Sheikh of Dubai's wife and her children despite outrage from the UAE and the royal family asking for their return. Guess what ? The royal family of Dubai still come to the UK on holiday every summer, including the sheikh himself who was recently pictured here in his mansion.

I think you should be more worried about the government officials, or higher up members of the FA/Manchester council that are trying to save their asses because it will affect their own pockets and their own positions.

Orion.

*allegedly* another 25 charges on the way for the Arabian proxy club from 2018 onwards. They’re going to end up playing in the Power League