Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think if the EU backed down on the free movement of people, the British public would vote to remain in the EU. It's as simple as that.
I think if you ran a second referendum tomorrow you'd see a huge swing towards remain as people realise the Leave campaign were dishonest in their fear mongering propaganda while the industry experts were proven correct in their predictions.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Is Cameron the biggest political fool of this time ?

Leaving such a major decosion that will have rimple effects on the world economy to a referendum where more than half of the people will vote with emotion instead of their head and most dont have a clue about the consequences of their decision.

This is a shoolbook example of why pure democracy is a bad idea.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Fair fecks to Scotland who want to stay in the EU, hope they get their independence and are allowed to join back.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I think all points are mentioned there are pretty realistic. Pound falling and companies reallocating is pretty much dead cert. Which will almost surely make the unemployment higher and the wages lower.

EU will be a tough negotiator and won't give to UK better deals than they gave to Norway and Switzerland (bar the Schenghen part). There are already voices on Scotland about a new referendum, and Spain has already mentioned Gibraltar.

The worst case scenario is a global recession and a domino-effect in EU with other countries leaving.
Every point itself is pretty realistic, true. But it's not realistic to expect that all of them will actually happen. It's not like the new UK government will be totally clueless. They'll try their best to make things as smooth as possible.

Revan

Assumptionman
The EU can't be seen to grease the wheels of Brexit if they have any hope of keeping the Union.
UK had already the best deal in EU. EU won't give something even better, otherwise it is a plea for other countries to leave EU.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I think if you ran a second referendum tomorrow you'd see a huge swing towards remain as people realise the Leave campaign were dishonest in their fear mongering propaganda while the industry experts were proven correct in their predictions.
You'd also have all the non votes who wanted to remain as well...

Hammerfell

I'm seeing a lot of people who voted Leave asking what this actually means now. Jesus (and I) wept.

Miscemayl

The greatest example in a long time why you don't do full blown democracy. Average person is dumb and then half them are even dumber.
Precisely.
Democracy simply doesn't work when the majority are not educated enough to make the decision.

This is worse than Trump winning the Presidency!

Sylar

Not sure if anyones posted this.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

But sign this.
EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum
Over 80k within 5 hours is astonishing. Seeing that guy on BBC saying he voted to leave without realising what he had done was crazy too.
I agree with the one poster who said if there was a 2nd EU referendum, it might be a different result.

Saying that apart from cities like London, Liverpool, Manchester (and obviously Scotland) the majority went with Leave. Even Wales which was a shock.

Xeno

i'm going to start a leave campaign to free myself of old people and people with iq's lower than 75.
There absolutely should be some sort of entry test to be allowed to vote on matters of such importance. Or a participatory democracy where your voting power is equal to the amount the vote affects you.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Donald Tusk and Holland's have said UK must leave.
That's code for saying we aren't going to give you single market without free movement.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
facts, facts, facts....boring, boring, boring
Polish people complaining about immigration :lol:
you couldn't make this up!
Incredible really. This is surreal. Feels like a Monty Python sketch.

Xeno

No It is done. We are leaving the EU.

Over 65s voted overwhelming in favour of leaving the EU while the younger generation, who will live with the consequences, voted stronger to remain but it wasn't enough.
If the same turnout and same % as voted remain, voted for a new 'Stay in EU' party, it would win a landslide.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I don't think that's quite true, we are only in day one - everyone knew that the markets would react poorly and the pound would weaken. This isn't news to anyone. Let's see where we are in 5 years and measure that against the predictions of the Remain campaign.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Someone at work - I said I still haven't heard a reasonable reason to leave, and he said he just doesn't like the 'all the daft laws they make us abide by'. I asked which those were and he had no answer, but he did say the other day how mad he was about a fisherman that had to repackage all his fish because of an EU regulation.

Fantastic reason.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
A comment on a status on Facebook. Every leave status/comment apart from one person has been similarly put together on my Facebook. I'm not saying that says it all, but it sure is a trend.
Some moron on my Facebook stream just wrote "Stop moaning were (sic) out and be thankful you've woken up today and get to live another day!".

Surely not how to win friends and influence people.

Adisa

That's just the FTSE 100. Over £500bn has been wiped off the FTSE already.
And in other news, Sturgeon is about to throw her own curveball.

Siorac

They (Korwin people) are often citing Hungary as their brothers and are happy about huge right win liberals there - I can only imagine what cretins you hide there mate when Korwinists have been pointing at them as their example.
Right wing liberals here? They really are clueless then. Our parties on the right are about as liberal as Franco.

Green_Red

I don't need to claim it, it's a fact.

in -http://www.cso.ie/multiquicktables/quickTables.aspx?id=pea18_1 - 860k
out
- http://www.cso.ie/multiquicktables/quickTables.aspx?id=pea18_2 - 651k

Maybe you should actually use facts when trying to prove a point, unlike those leave twats from the Brexit side.
You didnt read the statement I made... people WITH third level education!! I had to exercise some serious self control here because I could get banned for the things I want to say to you right now. You have proved the fact that immigration is a huge issue because of the European Union. Honestly, how many people going to Ireland would go there for it's thriving economy and jobs market over the last decade?

By the way the numbers in those ALL COUNTRIES are bigger for Emigrants than Immigrants since 2009... haha way to go proving your point, you proved mine you feckwit!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Someone at work - I said I still haven't heard a reasonable reason to leave, and he said he just doesn't like the 'all the daft laws they make us abide by'. I asked which those were and he had no answer, but he did say the other day how mad he was about a fisherman that had to repackage all his fish because of an EU regulation.

Fantastic reason.
I think it's safe to say that a lot of people voted blindly.

Adisa

My neighbour(75) voted leave, just asked me what I think will happen to the economy now. Since I'm an economist.