View full 2020-21 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of intelligence is baffling. You get a FK on a very promising position and you put that to defenders. 93 min, you are trying a long shot from a very awkward position.

When he is bad, he just stinks. Frustrated individual who absolutely have no idea what to do next. It would just be a very bad idea to make him the captain. When things don't work , he could just lose things completely.
If he'd shot that freekick inevitably over the bar (it's almost impossible to score from that close and that angle) everyone would be saying it's a bad decision as well. He was poor, but that freekick really had nothing to do with it.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not great today, but bailed us out yet once again. The only player who tried to make things happen.

Ole should be giving him his wage, this man is keeping in single handedly

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he'd shot that freekick inevitably over the bar (it's almost impossible to score from that close and that angle) everyone would be saying it's a bad decision as well. He was poor, but that freekick really had nothing to do with it.
You still give it a shot. No one would complain for not scoring it but he should be blamed for not even trying.

el3mel

Another class goal that should have been in a game that we won, but ultimately everyone will focus on our shit result.

Well shit, so unlucky. Feel for him.

Idxomer

He wasn't good at all and his decision making was terrible.

However, under a better manager he would look much better as he wouldn't be left to his own whims.

RedIan

Until he score Bruno was having a nightmare, terrible passing giving the ball away far to often. Better second half and his energy needs to rub off on a few others.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He was poor throughout I thought but, but he got a marvellous goal out of nothing really.
Sooner or later his form will dip and we're seeing that now.

Practically keeping Ole in a job.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Stunning goal. Very poor first half though, but did improve in the second.

I still don’t like the principle of a #10 or any midfielder for that matter having to score a goal to be considered to have had a good game, which happens too often for Bruno for my liking. Our team as a whole plays poor football in poor patterns and a 10 who turns games like that with a goal is cool, but I’m personally more keen for the team’s play to be knitted together and elevated up a level than a reliance on moments.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
When Fernandes doesn't have a good game, we look clueless. Still bagged a goal and got us a point. The rest of the players need to pull up their socks and we need to improve as a club otherwise he'll eventually want out.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Very ambitious and driven, but also likes to dive, playact, moan and pout a lot, doesn't he?
Excuse me for saying this, but he comes across as a bit of a Luis Suarez-type character.
Or am I only saying this because he has a bit of a Luis Suarez-type face?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Very ambitious and driven, but also likes to dive, playact, moan and pout a lot, doesn't he?
Excuse me for saying this, but he comes across as a bit of a Luis Suarez-type character.
Or am I only saying this because he has a bit of a Luis Suarez-type face?
Not really, he’s goofy & has a light beard I guess. That’s about it.

lost7

Great goal, just like against Everton. Is it just me though or has his general play gotten a lot worse compared to last year? Not that I'm criticising him (he's pretty much carrying us) but he just seemed so wasteful

MattofManchester

Great goal, just like against Everton. Is it just me though or has his general play gotten a lot worse compared to last year? Not that I'm criticising him (he's pretty much carrying us) but he just seemed so wasteful
There's nothing for him to play into ahead of him, so he just forces it.

Fact is, he's going to do everything in his power to play it forward instead of backwards and sideways.

We just don't have any kind of movement or space for him to do that.

Put him in that City team and he'll be just as destructive without the complaints, I imagine.

mu4c_20le

Not sure if it was some kind of bounce but yeah, he does seem more like a second striker these days than a playmaker. Dont get me wrong, I love Bruno the finisher, but sometimes I miss the creator.

SER19

Dont want to doom monger but how long do we keep him if we're like this?

Probably the only thing going for us is that few clubs have big money and I'm sure he wouldn't agitate for a move soon but if we're in this boat next February surely his eye will wander.

People can criticise some of his general play fine, but he would still start in almost every team in the world and of course then improve in a better team.

It would be a huge shame to have this transformative player for prime years, only for us to not win anything

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he needs to be our false 9 forward.

He is very creative at his best but he cant be the only creative player we have in the team.

Let him score goals and make assists upfront, let him drop deep when he wants and let him loose possesion near the opposition goalkeeper rather than ours.

We need to stick another creative player behind him, especially if we only ever use the 4231.

BlahRules

I don't get why did we not move Bruno as the 8 and get Greenwood on. Change the shape as 442.

The United

Actually, he kept the ball better now outside of the box.

Obviously, he will still lose it when he has to force the play into the box which will happen often against these type of teams and the form our forwards are in.

At times, you can't even find where Martial is nowadays.

Jam

No offense but that's what managers do, they try to sign players that will perform for them.

I mean I could say that if LVG had more Brunos and less Depays and Schneiderlins, he too would still be in a job.
You think LVG would tolerate Bruno’s adventurism?

LVG would take Bruno out back and beat him black and blue with how much he loses possession with trying to force things regardless of what does accomplish. Fernandes would not fit in LVG’s United system.

The United

Not sure if it was some kind of bounce but yeah, he does seem more like a second striker these days than a playmaker. Dont get me wrong, I love Bruno the finisher, but sometimes I miss the creator.
Can't create shite when your forward line is almost useless.

Last season was good because obviously the forwards were flying for a few games after the break.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The lack of intelligence is baffling. You get a FK on a very promising position and you put that to defenders. 93 min, you are trying a long shot from a very awkward position.

When he is bad, he just stinks. Frustrated individual who absolutely have no idea what to do next. It would just be a very bad idea to make him the captain. When things don't work , he could just lose things completely.
He was told to pass the freekick by Maguire. He could go against him, but it wouldn’t be a good look, especially when he’s pushing Maguire for the captaincy.

starman

He was told to pass the freekick by Maguire. He could go against him, but it wouldn’t be a good look, especially when he’s pushing Maguire for the captaincy.
Do you have the audio of this to confirm what you are saying?
How do you know he wasn't telling Maguire that he was going to pass it?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s like a World Class striker whose playing in midfield. I can count on my two hands the strikers who can score that goal he did today let alone another midfielder.

All and all he could of had a better game though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is our designated taker and I would be surprised if it wasn't his decision to send to Maguire. Whatever, if Maguire is also involved, he also deserves the stick.

criticalanalysis

He’s like a World Class striker whose playing in midfield. I can count on my two hands the strikers who can score that goal he did today let alone another midfielder.

I'm not sure about others but all in all, I would say you have nothing to worry about in regards to Bruno's performance. We're still grateful to Sporting :drool:

Of course he doesn't escape criticism but he is by far the least of our issues. I don't really post in this thread because there's between the outrageous producitivity and inconsistency, its simply not worth adding much more than 'he's absolutely class but could do better again (in a better coached team i.e something out of his control)'.

Park's Petrified Pooch

I counted five instances today of Bruno laying a ball off or laying a pass on to someone which resulted in a turnover. All of which caused an influx of abuse into the match day thread. By my reckoning none of those five instances were his fault. He expects people around him to be on the move, and our players pass and stop. Fred twice, McT, Martial, and Rashford all guilty of it today.
He hasn’t been at his best for a while, but he’s still by far our most important player, and if we could get the rest of the team playing as ‘badly’ as Bruno is then we would be in really good shape.

Geekie

Amazing goal but he seems to have constant problem weighing his passes

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I'm not sure about others but all in all, I would say you have nothing to worry about in regards to Bruno's performance. We're still grateful to Sporting :drool:

Of course he doesn't escape criticism but he is by far the least of our issues. I don't really post in this thread because there's between the outrageous producitivity and inconsistency, its simply not worth adding much more than 'he's absolutely class but could do better again (in a better coached team i.e something out of his control)'.
I’m happy with what he is doing at United.
The thing people need to realize is if he’s outputting this well BUT he still has more he can improve on....(which he does) that’s a scary prospect.

In other words, your telling me he can still get better? There is no other player like him with this kind of output in the league in his position.

RUCK4444

I counted five instances today of Bruno laying a ball off or laying a pass on to someone which resulted in a turnover. All of which caused an influx of abuse into the match day thread. By my reckoning none of those five instances were his fault. He expects people around him to be on the move, and our players pass and stop. Fred twice, McT, Martial, and Rashford all guilty of it today.
He hasn’t been at his best for a while, but he’s still by far our most important player, and if we could get the rest of the team playing as ‘badly’ as Bruno is then we would be in really good shape.
This. The team needs to raise their levels to his.

I don’t want him to lower his standards and attacking intent down to our lazy b@stards level.

The major thing Ole needs to focus on is quicker passing and movement within the team, it’s been an issue going all the way back to SAF’s last seasons. Every team we’ve had seems to lack top level movement off the ball.

Sylar

Stunning goal vs Everton and vs West Brom and we don't win either match
Annoying

DomM

Imagine where we would be without this guy.
I dread to think where we would be, even when he plays mediocre he is by far our best player.

We have so many faults, I can't work out if its the players or management, probably both. Our midfield doesn't seem to function correctly, our forwards appear lazy, our centre backs don't seem switched on, and the way we start games is awful.

I like what Ole is doing to the squad long-term but we don't seem to have a style of play, we are miles off being a top team yet are second, its so puzzling.

RedDevil250

Great goal, good energy, and I do like Bruno and agree without him we'd be in massive trouble.

With that said, there are a couple of things I do not like about his game. I do not like how often he just passes it to nobody. I know he is trying to look for that perfect pass or through ball, but so often it never comes off and it looks very poor. He does this a bit too often. I can excuse a couple of times a game, but in games like this, it feels like he is doing nothing with many passes like that.

Second, I do not like how easily he falls on the pitch sometimes. I have never enjoyed players of any team going down easily, and he goes down very easily at times. I get it, try to get a FK or PK. Sometimes, it may be worth it. But I feel like he does it too often. That instance in the first half before the goal he just laid down in the penalty area for a minute and then walked around "gingerly" for a few seconds and then was fine again. Sorry, but I will always call that out. I hate it. It is not football. He's too good IMO to be doing that so often.

Reactions: Sultan

criticalanalysis

I’m happy with what he is doing at United.
The thing people need to realize is if he’s outputting this well BUT he still has more he can improve on....(which he does) that’s a scary prospect.

In other words, your telling me he can still get better? There is no other player like him with this kind of output in the league in his position.
Yes I do. 'Better' in the sense that his own game can be more consistent and therefore he will be able choose his moments better.

In a perfect world, he would still be having the same impact (!) whilst playing more progressive passes, more ball recycling and perhaps more pre-assist type passes rather than being our main guy.

I think at the moment he is playing on pure ability, instinct and passion i.e not sustainable for him or our team.

Perhaps 'better' is not the word. Rather, I want less burden on him so he can play his game without needing to be our saviour every game. More a healthy balance.

Andersons Dietician

I mean it is a very easy thing to do, to think your average Sunday leaguer couldn’t score a similar goal under the circumstances never mind some of the best strikers in the world is a bit of a madness. No technique in it at all. The shot Fred took on the volley and controlled is a much harder skill to do.

Was pretty poor today, got a little better in the 2nd half when he actually started playing his role instead of masquerading as a striker which is something he does way too often. Honestly if he spent more time in and around the space between attack and midfield i feel his and our performances as a whole would massively improve. Always a gaping hole there with no one to pass to and today Martial kept filling in his position so we could maintain possesion and control of the ball better. That should be Bruno’s job.

Hopefully it’s something that will come because I felt in the last couple of games we played and looked better when he stepped in midfield and helped control the tempo with less of the trying to force something to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.