Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peril

That pass was world class
It was a slow, lofted pass over the back line and into open space, it was basically what Burnley is trying to do every single game for 90 minutes. That pass looks rubbish if the defenders do their job and head it away, or if Diallo mistimes his run. Sure the pass needs to be weighted and sent at the right time, but let's cool it with the superlatives - this situation is 100% bad defending/goalkeeping. If Donnarumma makes an effort, he punches this away and the goal never happens. But hey, Milan's backline consists of our former reject, a Danish guy that has never played more than 66 games for a single team in his career as well a Chelsea youth player/reject - it's not like it's Baresi, Maldini and the lot. The memes on Instagram and Twitter really are true when it comes to Man Utd-fans and every little thing Bruno does, sorry to say.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The secret’s out. Man mark Bruno and we’re completely ineffectual in attack. In theory, this creates space for our other attackers to exploit but they’re all either injured or in absolutely diabolical form. None of this is on Bruno. It’s something for Ole to sort out.

Tony247

It was a slow, lofted pass over the back line and into open space, it was basically what Burnley is trying to do every single game for 90 minutes. That pass looks rubbish if the defenders do their job and head it away, or if Diallo mistimes his run. Sure the pass needs to be weighted and sent at the right time, but let's cool it with the superlatives - this situation is 100% bad defending/goalkeeping. If Donnarumma makes an effort, he punches this away and the goal never happens. But hey, Milan's backline consists of our former reject, a Danish guy that has never played more than 66 games for a single team in his career as well a Chelsea youth player/reject - it's not like it's Baresi, Maldini and the lot. The memes on Instagram and Twitter really are true when it comes to Man Utd-fans and every little thing Bruno does, sorry to say.
If you try hard you will always find if then else but. For me if the pass looks great, then it is a great pass. Rest all is mere hypothesis.

RashyForPM

For me, he’s absolutely world class, and my definition of that phrase is that a player has to be one of the top 3 players in the world in his position. More than that, since he arrived, I think he’s been one of the best players in the world. You can’t really get better than his statistics in what is largely a dysfunctional team where he gets man-marked every game. I mean, 36 goals and 20+ assists in just over a year. It’s sensational.

And if you look past his productivity, his work rate his unbelievable too. People slam his inconsistent passing, which I couldn’t care less about considering his number of assists, but look at the way he sprints back to reclaim the ball whenever he loses it.

Imo, he is way too underrated. Opposition fans think he is a penalty merchant, and even some of our own fans think he lacks technical ability (I’m always astounded when this is thrown at him). As I said, he is absolutely world class, and the crucial part of our team. Now, we need to back him up with a world class striker in the summer, or at least another world class attacker. Haaland or Sancho would be ideal.

RashyForPM

This is so unbelievably wrong man. At least from what I saw, he saw Amad making an excellent run, and got the timing, height and power right on his pass, and not just that, he lifted the ball into an area where both Donnarumma and Tomori were taken out of the game. Keeper couldn’t claim, defender couldn’t head away.

The fact that you relegated it to a regulation long ball played by Mee/Tarkowski to Wood/Barnes for Burnley every week is simply degrading to Bruno and a magnificent pass by him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Outrageous pass for the goal, and I think he was quite good in the second half in general.

The entire unit is just broken though. As a collective we are probably one of the poorer teams in the league I think. Milan ran rings around us for much of the game.

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he had a really good game. Not necessarily creatively, but more as a midfielder today and helped control a lot and always made the right decision imo.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Absolutely awful performance. Gave the ball away or picking the wrong option either in terms of the pass or the run.

lost7

No goal or assist today (the own goal doesn't count right?), but I thought his general play was a lot better than on many other occasions. Also, I lost count of how many times he made a key pass just for Rashford or others just for them to fumble the chance.

Where would we be without him?

Bruno Fernandes: 86% pass completion, 5 Key Passes, 3 Big Chances created, 2 shots on target, 100% dribbles completed, 2 tackles and interceptions, 12 ball recoveries.

You can add his usual pressing and work-rate.

Had a really polished game today. One of his best in recent weeks.

youngrell

Looked a bit leggy tonight. Played well though, a bit more controlled which I think was down to his energy levels more than anything.

HailtotheKing

Yeah, very good performance from Bruno today. Fewer missed passes and some absolute class balls into the box.

Adamsk7

Even when he’s not scoring or making an assist (which isn’t often) he still absolutely runs himself to utter exhaustion. Love him

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There was one sweeping pass out to the left which Greenwood took (I think there were two other players that would have been offside) that was just :drool:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fernandes is the only player in this squad I trust. Yes he sometimes f's up easy passes but, on the other hand, he's most often the guy who gets the ball and gets us playing. In that second half when he started buzzing about, dropping deep, drifting wide, everything good we did was going through him. If we lost him we'd be done.

dal

He was brilliant I thought. I love his confidence and awareness on the ball, it’s his biggest asset as I don’t think his execution would at the very top tier.

Watching Odegaard today though reminded me just how much I want Jack Grealish.

A player who can glide effortlessly with the ball across the pitch.

Jonno

Sprinting 60 yards in the 92nd minute is refreshing to watch. We’ve spent quite a few years recently not seeing the very basics done by a few of our players.

Brad2020

Excellent corner kick to set up the header for er....an own goal!

I understand there's injuries, but......I'm worried Ole is running him into the ground. The limp wasn't a good sign, should have subbed him after 75 min (What's wrong with Juan Mata?)

tomaldinho1

Decent tonight without being amazing. This kind of game, where it’s a lot of running and against a decent but limited physical team is where his work ethic versus most other 10’s is great.

Devil may care

Had a good game, used the ball well but looked frustrated at times with those around him that didn't want responsibility and just kept passing the ball straight back to him.

Idxomer

One of his better performances lately.

He helped a lot in midfield which is something I like to see more or more from him.

Brightonian

Much better again today. Still a low pass percentage, which is just a necessary part of the way he plays. But he was pulling off the big passes today. His vision is insane, sometimes. He sees passes from the pitch, in the middle of intense pressing, that take me by surprise watching an overhead view from my sofa.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I thought he looked far sharper on the ball tonight.

Arguably his best performance since Everton at home.

lex talionis

Actually, Bruno was quite good today. But my god he needs rest. Hard to see when he’s going to get it, however.

What’s going on with Euros? Is he going come back wrecked from that?

dal

He’s a class act, reminds me of Rooney with his work ethic but more productive.

Exceptional signing. The definition of value in the market.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Some people here seem to be criticizing using an old pre-recorded cassete tape.
Wasted too many passes? Low pass percentage? Did you even look at his game statistics?
Most of our chances were created by him, with passes that I don't see any other player even trying to do. Maybe Pogba and Mata, if in a good mood and not afraid to hear criticisms.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Imagine him feeding Haaland all day. You don't need wingers or any other strikers. Those two with their directness and relentless attacking would win games on their own.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Two things:

1. Surprisingly no Messi.
2. Wow, Grealish. Incredible player! He'll probably top it when Villa play their games in hand, and he still won't have played as much as a lot of them on there.

Redlyn

Two things:

1. Surprisingly no Messi.
2. Wow, Grealish. Incredible player! He'll probably top it when Villa play their games in hand, and he still won't have played as much as a lot of them on there.
Depay is the shocking one though. Let him go to early or he wasn't the right fit?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Depay is the shocking one though. Let him go to early or he wasn't the right fit?
He was frustrating but it did feel like José didn't even give him a chance. Still, at the time, it made sense as we had Rashford and Martial as our options on the left and Memphis just wasn't playing as well as either - even going back to the latter half of van Gaal's last season after Rashford came into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.