6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

54% passing accuracy. It’s okay though because @roonster09 thinks he creates a lot in volume.

At some point we will have to be honest and discuss how his style of play is detrimental to our general play. For me it’s about the sum of all parts rather than his high efficiency.
he needs to improve certain aspects of his game and we surely need to rest him.

But to be honest, he almost single handedly carried the team since arriving. I might have misunderstood your comment, but if you’re suggesting he shouldn’t be in the team then that’s just wrong mate

The Oracle

I find that he is doing the same things over and over...

- loses the ball, usually a sloppy pass
- blames everyone else
- doesn't turn up in the big games

Compare him to someone like Pogba (who is World class), and Bruno is not near his level.

The ball literally sticks to Pogba's foot like a magnet, and he doesn't give the ball away needlessly time and time again.

I am sick and tired of the amount of times Bruno loses possession. If it wasn't for his workrate then I wouldn't want him in the starting eleven....

I would rather Lingard on his current form.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
54% passing accuracy. It’s okay though because @roonster09 thinks he creates a lot in volume.

At some point we will have to be honest and discuss how his style of play is detrimental to our general play. For me it’s about the sum of all parts rather than his high efficiency.
Eh? So players won't have bad games at all?

And why are you lying? He had around 75% pass completion percentage.

It's actually 77%. Guess which players had same completion %? Yes 2 of your best players, Pogba and Shaw.

I don't "think" he creates a lot. It's a fact. He created most chances in top 5 leagues. At least it was till last week.

Last edited:

Water Melon

Bruno does indeed loses the ball too much, which puts the whole team under pressure. Hopefully, it is just fatigue, cause I remember his performances from last season, when his passing allowed us to dominate and win games.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
OGS needs to take him out for a game, maybe two. Pogba is back now and rested. Hannibal and Donny fit too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bruno is highly energetic.

Compare Bruno's energy vs Pogba's energy. Compare the fact that you will see Bruno further up the pitch than the striker and yet also deeper than Pogba when the opposition attack.

Bruno's high energy gameplay makes him sloppy just as much as it makes him create in alot of positions and moments.

Marcus

Bruno is highly energetic.

Compare Bruno's energy vs Pogba's energy. Compare the fact that you will see Bruno further up the pitch than the striker and yet also deeper than Pogba when the opposition attack.

Bruno's high energy gameplay makes him sloppy just as much as it makes him create in alot of positions and moments.
Agree. There is always a trade-off. If you are a lazy player, you tend to be fresher when you need to make a crucial pass or shoot at goal. If you wait for everyone to do the work and just hang around the box, your conversion rate will be much higher.

zenith

Why do we always have to diss on a player to praise the other. Bruno has been brilliant for us and just be exhausted as well.

With pogba and VDB back, I hope there are more opportunities to rest him

Bebestation

Agree. There is always a trade-off. If you are a lazy player, you tend to be fresher when you need to make a crucial pass or shoot at goal. If you wait for everyone to do the work and just hang around the box, your conversion rate will be much higher.
Yeah I mean Pogba he generally plays in a certain area of the pitch or in a channel at a max like we saw yesterday. It allows Pogba to hold on to his area and pace, use his skill when it's only needed and for him to unleash some long distance passing with insane accuracy.

Bruno on the other hand is absolutely everywhere. His energy is completely crazy and he can be the player taking a shot on one end of the pitch only to be the player that stops the opposition counter attack that follows. It effects his accuracy more so than his decision making. He knows what pass needs to be made, how it needs to be done but it can turn sloppy depending on how calm or energetic he is.

I personally think the lack of a goalscorer (Greenwood, Martial, Cavani and Rashford) has made bruno even more energetic and involved further up the pitch than he used to be.

NK86

- blames everyone else

Compare him to someone like Pogba (who is World class), and Bruno is not near his level.

The ball literally sticks to Pogba's foot like a magnet, and he doesn't give the ball away needlessly time and time again.

I am sick and tired of the amount of times Bruno loses possession. If it wasn't for his workrate then I wouldn't want him in the starting eleven....

:lol: :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Why do we always have to diss on a player to praise the other. Bruno has been brilliant for us and just be exhausted as well.

With pogba and VDB back, I hope there are more opportunities to rest him
Exactly. We really have bunch of clowns who just can't wait to diss on our players.

This is the player who is second only to Kane in goals + assists in PL, maybe in top 6 in all competitions in top 5 leagues and also most chances created in top 5 leagues but some think he is some scrub who is a stat padder.

roonster09

Scout

- blames everyone else

:lol:

Terminator

- blames everyone else

Quality shitpost haha

CG1010

Its crazy how many times fans and media have repeated that "he looks tired" whereas he is always energetically pressing and and moving all over the pitch. And Ole and Bruno themselves have refuted multiple times that he is tired. But we continue to say it.

Edit: Its possibly because he runs so much that we expect him to have got tired by this point. :wenger:

LoneStar

Yeah I mean Pogba he generally plays in a certain area of the pitch or in a channel at a max like we saw yesterday. It allows Pogba to hold on to his area and pace, use his skill when it's only needed and for him to unleash some long distance passing with insane accuracy.

Bruno on the other hand is absolutely everywhere. His energy is completely crazy and he can be the player taking a shot on one end of the pitch only to be the player that stops the opposition counter attack that follows. It effects his accuracy more so than his decision making. He knows what pass needs to be made, how it needs to be done but it can turn sloppy depending on how calm or energetic he is.

I personally think the lack of a goalscorer (Greenwood, Martial, Cavani and Rashford) has made bruno even more energetic and involved further up the pitch than he used to be.
I think the coaching should consider this fact and set up our team so he doesn't have to do so much everywhere on the pitch. I mean, I admire that in a player always, but it shouldn't come at the cost of his creativity. Especially when he's our main source of creativity.

A rest would do him a lot of good. But I highly doubt Ole would do that anytime soon.

LoneStar

Its crazy how many times fans and media have repeated that "he looks tired" whereas he is always energetically pressing and and moving all over the pitch. And Ole and Bruno themselves have refuted multiple times that he is tired. But we continue to say it.

Edit: Its possibly because he runs so much that we expect him to have got tired by this point. :wenger:
I don't think rest applies in a purely physical sense (although I do think he needs that as well). It would help a lot mentally as well. Now that we have Pogba back, we should be able to rest him more.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

- blames everyone else

:lol: You don't need to bash one player in order to elevate another. Bruno is obviously very tired but Ole just plays him too much. Of course his performance levels were gonna get worse and worse with time. For a oracle, you can't see shit.

CG1010

I don't think rest applies in a purely physical sense (although I do think he needs that as well). It would help a lot mentally as well. Now that we have Pogba back, we should be able to rest him more.
But the manager and player have been insisting that they don't need to rest Bruno. Maybe that's just how his playing style is and we will have to get used to him being a bit hot and cold during a single game also.

Coops73

:lol:

- blames everyone else

:lol: That’s some funny stuff right there, do let us know when you’re on Live at the Apollo because I will definitely be tuning in for shits and giggles.

Roane

I think Bruno is a fantastic player.

However I do think the high energy and be every where is not always a good thing. Often my frustrations with him are than he has time but makes a flick or one touch pass that goes nowhere near it's intended target.

But what I want to focus on his desire/need to be everywhere. As I said I don't think it's a good thing and rooney used to get toldnoff for it at some points. As he needed to be at the danger end. Bruno needs to do similar. He can swap with players during the game but his wandering leaves us open at times.

A good example of a player who was very good but did similar was Stevie G. The man is known for taking the game by the scruff of the neck and having great games. But he also left space and was a detriment at times but that went unnoticed or basically no one said anything.

Now with SG this may have been down to have average players around him most times. And maybe that's the issue with Bruno too. He feels he has to be everywhere because the others simply don't measure up.

Also worth noting was that after yesterday's game when Pogba came on it improved Fred's game. And the main thing was Fred having an outlet. To pass a ball forward to someone who was moving. Remember back to Rooney's crossfield balls? Looked brilliant but it's the easiest pass when you know Valencia will always be there.

Bruno needs to be the man in the middle up front. But then needs to take his time and control and hold the ball. Give the forwards time to move and get into positions. Of he is always there and always doing similar it will add cohesion to our play.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Detrimental? Stop wumming.

Hes obviously fatigued and combined with his high risk style it means hes having more of those misplaced passes, but hes 100% been our most important player since he arrived

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His carelessness with the ball has nothing to do with fatigue. It's a flaw in his game. Even when he plays well, he still exhibits that flaw.

Bebestation

I think Bruno is a fantastic player.

However I do think the high energy and be every where is not always a good thing. Often my frustrations with him are than he has time but makes a flick or one touch pass that goes nowhere near it's intended target.

But what I want to focus on his desire/need to be everywhere. As I said I don't think it's a good thing and rooney used to get toldnoff for it at some points. As he needed to be at the danger end. Bruno needs to do similar. He can swap with players during the game but his wandering leaves us open at times.

A good example of a player who was very good but did similar was Stevie G. The man is known for taking the game by the scruff of the neck and having great games. But he also left space and was a detriment at times but that went unnoticed or basically no one said anything.

Now with SG this may have been down to have average players around him most times. And maybe that's the issue with Bruno too. He feels he has to be everywhere because the others simply don't measure up.

Also worth noting was that after yesterday's game when Pogba came on it improved Fred's game. And the main thing was Fred having an outlet. To pass a ball forward to someone who was moving. Remember back to Rooney's crossfield balls? Looked brilliant but it's the easiest pass when you know Valencia will always be there.

Bruno needs to be the man in the middle up front. But then needs to take his time and control and hold the ball. Give the forwards time to move and get into positions. Of he is always there and always doing similar it will add cohesion to our play.
Yeah I agree.

Bruno has a fantastic mentality to the point many of us view him as the captain of the team. However his mentality does have a slight 'egotistical' or 'overconfident' type effect that can try him to do other players work in other positions when he thinks the team is not good enough or maybe not controlling enough.

To me its because the team isnt still using it's best players and has many gaps which Bruno is finding himself attempting to conquer.

When Pogba isnt playing you see Bruno trying to make passes from deeper areas than making those simple passes from the half spaces that finds a forward. When our forwards are injured or off form we will see him in those spaces too.

We saw how he played differently when Pogba came, we became less reliant on Bruno and Milan had a another great player to contemplate their actions over.

I do think he is tired but honestly I think we are a CDM away from being able to play Pogba and Bruno more regularly together and a deadly striker away from making Bruno stick more in his best areas.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

This is the type of hyperbole that has to stop. You only need a set of eyes yesterday to see Pogba playing on the left when he first came on, next to Fred at times as DM, as a false nine for a short period, bursting into the box as the furthest forward on about three occasions when the ball was wide, out on the right wing creating an overload, winning headers and gaining possession on the edge of his own box.

Bruno was genuinely abysmal yesterday, but let’s play the game that he’s the only one who cares and that he’s everywhere and everybody else just plays there own position. Certain players would be absolutely hammered for that performance, especially given how poorly Bruno has played for most of the past three months.

Bebestation

His carelessness with the ball has nothing to do with fatigue. It's a flaw in his game. Even when he plays well, he still exhibits that flaw.
I do agree this too because when I was watching YouTube videos of him I thought he would not be good enough for us because of his quick passing being intercepted or hitting oppositions alot.

I was obviously wrong and he is fantastic - however I do think whilst he does make mistakes in his passing, when he is more balanced in terms of fatigue and attempting to play his own game rather than that of alot of his team mates; then you will see less of the passing mistakes. That does not mean he wont make it at all because as you said it is a flaw in his game but that flaw is happening more than usual did now.

Bebestation

This is the type of hyperbole that has to stop. You only need a set of eyes yesterday to see Pogba playing on the left when he first came on, next to Fred at times as DM, as a false nine for a short period, bursting into the box as the furthest forward on about three occasions when the ball was wide, out on the right wing creating an overload, winning headers and gaining possession on the edge of his own box.

Bruno was genuinely abysmal yesterday, but let’s play the game that he’s the only one who cares and that he’s everywhere and everybody else just plays there own position. Certain players would be absolutely hammered for that performance, especially given how poorly Bruno has played for most of the past three months.
You are bringing on a 45 min game when Pogba was bought on to help us score a goal. I felt I saw him down the left channel the most almost playing like Rashford at times. I'm not calling him lazy, I'm saying that Bruno Fernandes will be the furthest forward and the deepest back even if it holds his game back. You will see him left and right hand side of the pitch. I don't see that with Pogba because ultimately it doesnt suit his game.

Pogba has officially been used the closest thing to a deep lying playmaker here at United with his long distance passing for a lot of games. I think he is brilliant but if you think Pogba runs around like Bruno Fernandes whilst trying to play as a deep lying playmaker then you have a hyperbole in your head too.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You are bringing on a 45 min game when Pogba was bought on to help us score a goal. I felt I saw him down the left channel the most almost playing like Rashford at times. I'm not calling him lazy, I'm saying that Bruno Fernandes will be the furthest forward and the deepest back even if it holds his game back.

Pogba has officially been used the closest thing to a deep lying playmaker here at United with his long distance passing for a lot of games. I think he is brilliant but if you think Pogba runs around like Bruno Fernandes whilst trying to play as a deep lying playmaker then you have a hyperbole in your head too.
No you brought up yesterday’s game as an example, but one that didn’t reflect his performance at all. And yes of course Pogba is more disciplined positionally than Bruno. As a DM you absolutely have to be, but you still see Pogba bursting into the box at times or coming out to the left or right to create outlets. It’s probably why we have to play Bruno higher up the pitch with two DM’s behind him. You couldn’t play him anywhere else and expect it to work.

Bebestation

No you brought up yesterday’s game as an example, but one that didn’t reflect his performance at all. And yes of course Pogba is more disciplined positionally than Bruno. As a DM you absolutely have to be, but you still see Pogba bursting into the box at times or coming out to the left or right to create outlets. It’s probably why we have to play Bruno higher up the pitch with two DM’s behind him. You couldn’t play him anywhere else and expect it to work.
I said he was playing on a channel. You can still get forward whilst playing on a Channel. Pogba as a LCM can get to LM, CF and CDM.

Bruno never plays on a channel. He is absolutely everywhere to the point it effects his game. He ends up at LM, LCM, CDM, CAM, RCM, RM ST - he has 3 lungs and is attempting to do it all by himself.

It's what allows Pogba to play with a slower tempo in certain games whilst Bruno is consistently trying to make a quick decision - decisions that sometimes beats his opponent and sometimes doesn't.

Anyway atleast you agreed on the highlighted thing and I used yesterday's match because it seemed like the easier match in peoples head where I still saw Pogba more closer to the left hand side of the pitch than playing like he was absolutely everywhere like a free roamer which is how Bruno plays attacking and defensively.

Redlyn

He tries too hard to make killer passes. He needs to play it simple more. I know he has a great range and vision but I don't think can we can carry that kind of wastefulness at the top of league or latter stages of the CL.

Bristol_Red_87

Much like the rest of the midfield, bar possibly James, he settled down in the second half, and Pogba's introduction had a big influence on this.

I'm one of Bruno's biggest critics because we all know what he is capable of, but he can often flatter to deceive. It irritates me no end when commentators and pundits alike comment how unusual it is to see him wasteful in possession and in end product.

However, he is our focal point, so almost everything goes through him, particularly without Pogba.

Better players around him, or even just players who are playing to their potential/expected levels would see a more consistent Fernandes. It does strike me he doesn't trust many of his team mates.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I said he was playing on a channel. You can still get forward whilst playing on a Channel. Pogba as a LCM can get to LM, CF and CDM.

Bruno never plays on a channel. He is absolutely everywhere to the point it effects his game. He ends up at LM, LCM, CDM, CAM, RCM, RM ST - he has 3 lungs and is attempting to do it all by himself.

It's what allows Pogba to play with a slower tempo in certain games whilst Bruno is consistently trying to make a quick decision - decisions that sometimes beats his opponent and sometimes doesn't.

Anyway atleast you agreed on the highlighted thing and I used yesterday's match because it seemed like the easier match in peoples head where I still saw Pogba more closer to the left hand side of the pitch than playing like he was absolutely everywhere like a free roamer which is how Bruno plays attacking and defensively.
I do agree that Pogba is more disciplined, he has to be. The rest of your post is mass hyperbole.

Drizzle

He tries too hard to make killer passes. He needs to play it simple more. I know he has a great range and vision but I don't think can we can carry that kind of wastefulness at the top of league or latter stages of the CL.
I'm clearly going to get drummed out of town for this one, but - he was absolutely terrible last night. And he has been for ages.

Of course he's been utterly class for us. But at the moment he's getting the basics wrong - simple control and passing is off. And his insistence on always having to go for the killer ball, every. single. time. Feels really immature to me, and it's costing us possession and control in big games.

He did calm down a bit when Pogba came on. I suspect that when he's our only creative outlet then he feels too much pressure to make the difference and force things.

Reactions: Grinner

roonster09

Scout
Pogba didn't play as a DM and never played as one (maybe except very few times) and we don't play with 2 DMs.

Glorio

I think sometimes Bruno just rushes things too much in critical games and it causes him to lose the ball a lot. It's just that balance he needs in terms of when he needs to keep possession vs when he needs to create.
In my opinion this is probably borne out of pressure he puts on himself to be the creator in the team, probably because he doesn't trust a lot of his teammates to create much. So rather than take the sensible option to a teammate close to him in some instances, he'll almost always take a gamble to try and create something whether it's on or not.

I think it's interesting that when Pogba (another creator) came on, he didn't feel such a need to rush things a lot, he calmed down and started influencing the game a lot more. In fact, it had a similar impact on Fred who could stick to what he's good at and leave the burden of creativity to Bruno and Pogba.

Chief123

- blames everyone else

This is an absolutely brilliant post because it highlights exactly why football fans would be awful managers. Clueless.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

- blames everyone else

Go support West Ham than

Your opinion in football is shit.

united for life

- blames everyone else

That’s a real bad post there.

i’m sure he’s in the starting 11 for more than just work rate mate. Not sure you’ve heard, but he has 26 goal contributions in 29 league games this season.

Andersons Dietician

Had a very poor first half and 2nd half improved. He's just a weird player. Can play awful yet get 2 goals or an assist. His willingness to try things no matter the risk just works for him. I did like at times yesterday he was more present in midfield. Even if he does have a tendency to just pass it back when he’s in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.