6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlyn

that’s the problem with stats. What’s better a player with a 95% pass completion rate when they mostly pass sideways, or a player who has a pass completion rate of 70% who takes risks and makes things happen?

using our eyes is important, rather than just stat analysis.
There's not really a problem with stats though. You just need to be looking a combination of the right ones. His productivity shines brightly when you look at assists, goals, key chances created. It would be ridiculous to evaluate a players performance based on % completion only. In a single game the stats might not reflect fully the performance but over a season it's pretty fair enough.

Lewnited

It's odd, I genuinely don't think it clicked for me just how good this guy is until yesterday! I've been aware that he's brilliant, but the transformation in our play when he came on, through quick thinking and intensity, was night and day! He's an absolute productivity machine as well, genuinely world class.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm just glad Ole doesn't seem to force him to play more conservatively. Why would you anyway, sounds like something Jose would do

It's odd, I genuinely don't think it clicked for me just how good this guy is until yesterday! I've been aware that he's brilliant, but the transformation in our play when he came on, through quick thinking and intensity, was night and day! He's an absolute productivity machine as well, genuinely world class.
I trust my eyes more than stats.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The guy is unreal. To spot that ball to Rashford and be able to play it well and with urgency despite not facing the right way.

As soon as he gets the ball and we have runners, you get excited because he always finds them.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
The guy is unreal. To spot that ball to Rashford and be able to play it well and with urgency despite not facing the right way.

As soon as he gets the ball and we have runners, you get excited because he always finds them.
Pogba and Bruno in the same balanced midfield and two speedy deadly players up top like one of Martial, Rashford, Greenwood seems like cheating.. really this should be the formation for us to go forward. We should upgrade Lindelof for Axel and train our fullbacks to form when we need them after losing a bit width in that kind of formation but looks mint when it goes well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
16 goals and 12 assists in 30 matches for us. 28 goal contributions is mental. Guy is a G/A animal

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I have never seen a sub make an impact like Bruno last night. I know Rashford gets and deserves the plaudits for the hat-trick but Bruno was just about unplayable when he came on. Clearly back to his best like many of his team mates after a poor start to the season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
16 goals and 12 assists in 30 matches for us. 28 goal contributions is mental. Guy is a G/A animal
I know he takes a lot of penalties but that's still ludicrous. We really do have a good track record with Portugese players. Compared to this time last year we had no Pogba so we were relying on Lingard and Pereira for creativity to go from those two to Fernandes is night and day.

On another note has any United signing in the last 10 years been so universally loved so quickly, van Persie maybe?

Skeezix

I know he takes a lot of penalties but that's still ludicrous. We really do have a good track record with Portugese players. Compared to this time last year we had no Pogba so we were relying on Lingard and Pereira for creativity to go from those two to Fernandes is night and day.
And Dan James on the wings.

Raw

Even if you're a dick that doesn't count penalty goals, it's 5 goals and 12 assists which is still bloody good and it can only keep getting better. He's adapted so well to the PL. It's amazing what a clear upgrade on a position can do for a team, makes you wonder how good we can be if we apply the same sort of improvement to that elusive RW position.

AltiUn

And Dan James on the wings.
I forgot about him, I thought he was alright for the first couple of months in all honesty. But yeah the team looked a lot better once we integrated Greenwood into the side.

Skeezix

I forgot about him, I thought he was alright for the first couple of months in all honesty. But yeah the team looked a lot better once we integrated Greenwood into the side.
That is true. But I am afraid that was the best he could do for United at this point.

Just the sheer lack of quality/options on the bench this time last season. I shudder to think. It is miracle we made top 3.
The likes of Rashford, Bruno, Cavani and Dan James (too) warming up on the touchline yesterday, while we were very much in control of the game was glorious.

Loving this squad and main man Bruno :D

AltiUn

That is true. But I am afraid that was the best he could do for United at this point.

Just the sheer lack of quality/options on the bench this time last season. I shudder to think. It is miracle we made top 3.
The likes of Rashford, Bruno, Cavani and Dan James (too) warming up on the touchline yesterday, while we were very much in control of the game was glorious.

Loving this squad and main man Bruno :D
Fully agree mate. Best our squad's looked in years, even if we have the occasional wobble here and there I know we'll bounce back, this team just has so much quality and potential.

NYAS

Also, if you count the actual amount of minutes played within those 30 appearances, it actually comes out to the equivalent of just over 26 appearances.

So he has 28 goal involvements in the equivalent of less than 27 games.

Simply the perfect playmaker.

romufc

Also, if you count the actual amount of minutes played within those 30 appearances, it actually comes out to the equivalent of just over 26 appearances.

So he has 28 goal involvements in the equivalent of less than 27 games.

Simply the perfect playmaker.
This is why I cannot believe how some people call him a stat padler.

I had a mate of mine send me a video and it had his penalties and passes into Martial when he smacked them in the top corner, and Rashford taking on 1/2 players before scoring.

When Kane does them passes and Son does what Rashford does, Kane's passing is lauded.

criticalanalysis

He is quite wasteful yet so productive. Brilliant assist for our second goal.
Apart from the free kick (chipped passed to Martial), that first 3-5 (?) minutes he was on pitch, he genuinely lost or overdid everything imo. Proper infuriating as we were doing well and conservative in possession prior to that. And then he pulls that no look first time pass to play Rashford in. Unreal assist but still, if I had to picky it would be nice to see more of a balance..

Mr PG

Wait till Cavani is match fit and putting away Bruno's crosses and instinctive lobs into the back post that Martial either never picks up or sail harmlessly over his head. Bruno is better for us than Ronaldo ever was. Ole wouldn't be in a job if not for Bruno. Jesus we were dead and buried last season before the man arrived on a chariot.

Eventually it will dawn on people that he is the best player in the league and all the top clubs would scrap over him if he was ever available.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wait till Cavani is match fit and putting away Bruno's crosses and instinctive lobs into the back post that Martial either never picks up or sail harmlessly over his head. Bruno is better for us than Ronaldo ever was. Ole wouldn't be in a job if not for Bruno. Jesus we were dead and buried last season before the man arrived on a chariot.

Eventually it will dawn on people that he is the best player in the league and all the top clubs would scrap over him if he was ever available.
Go to bed mate

RooneyLegend

:lol: talk about over rating a player.

MS4

I really appreciate how he tried to set up Cavani's first goal
Certainly if Cavani had already scored for us, he had gone for the goal himself and would have scored

Footy van de Geek

His end product is ridiculous.

Even when he’s having a bad game, he‘ll provide one or two moments that can decide a game.

He’s single handedly saved Ole. Had we not brought him in back in January, who knows where we would be right now. He could be what Cantona was to Ferguson.

Another few months of consistency and we can start to call him world class.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I didn't think he'd be able to produce similar numbers to what he could do at Sporting.

It's crazy - we've not had an attacking midfielder who can do this for a very, very long time.

SAFMUTD

He's a really strange player to be honest, he is extremely wasteful, he makes some passes youd think he shouldnt even be playing at a top league but then he put on some of the most beautiful passes youll see.

So long may it continue, a risk taker and a total threat.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
I swear some posters would sack Michelangelo if he let a drop of paint fall on the floor of the Sistine chapel.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He's a really strange player to be honest, he is extremely wasteful, he makes some passes youd think he shouldnt even be playing at a top league but then he put on some of the most beautiful passes youll see.

So long may it continue, a risk taker and a total threat.
What's so strange about it. That's most attacking/creative players. If it wasn't the case he'd have 10 goals per game.

Pace Abuser

People really need to watch De Bruyne more if they think top attacking players don't lose the ball a lot.

RooneyLegend

What's so strange about it. That's most attacking/creative players. If it wasn't the case he'd have 10 goals per game.
Nope, Rodriguez is easily as creative as him and doesn't misplace easy passes left right and centre.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Nope, Rodriguez is easily as creative as him and doesn't misplace easy passes left right and centre.
According to WhoScored, Bruno's passing success rate is 79.8 per cent and James' is 86.1 per cent. James' is better but its not so different.

As an aside Kevin De Bruyne's passing success rate is 80 per cent. So Bruno and De Bruyne are a rounding figure away from each other. Yet nobody acts as if DeBruyne is misplacing passes left, right and centre.

Bruno Fernandes brings so much to this team. It seems strange to me to put his appetite for risk under a microscope. Especially in a week when his willingness to try the things others wouldn't led to an assist for Rashford that was out of this world.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Are you talking about James Rodrigues? You probably haven't followed him enough then. Gets plenty of passes wrong. It's just how creative players work. Bruno also tries to be intricate sometimes and will get a simple pass wrong

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I swear some posters would sack Michelangelo if he let a drop of paint fall on the floor of the Sistine chapel.
Spot on. First of all top players fail passes, lose balls, trying ot make more difficult passes, dribbles. You´re not playing for 70% of possession these days. You can have 48% and win 5:0, same with Fred as a CDM and with Pogba.

Yes sometimes you can play it simple and have a bit more control or you can try 3 risky passes and have a goal instead. With players like Rashford, Greenwood, Martial up top it´s an easy choice in terms of tactics/instructions..

SAFMUTD

Whats strange is that he delivers some passes that are abismaly poor while having the quality to make some superb ones. I mean you could make a compilation of the greatest and poorest passes of the league in a single game by Bruno.

To be clear Im not talking about passing success percentaje, Im talking about quality in the pass itself. For example there are some through balls you see and know that eventhough it didnt find the player it was a close to it. While others are completely awful and had no chance of finding the player. Its hard to judge this because there is not stat about it.

If we had to grade his passes I'd say he makes a lot of 4's and 5's quality passes and suddenly a 10. While players with the quality to make the assists he makes are usually more consistent with around solid 7s and 8s. Anyway its great to have him, even when he plays poor he finds the way to score or assist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.