6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackman2210

Best attribute - work rate. Never stops trying. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t but never sulks or hides. Favourite player even when he has a shite game.

Red00012

Some of the comments on here a few pages back are truly embarrassing .

Very unselfish pass for Cavani’s goal when he’s on a hat trick.

My man

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Great posts. In addition to his obvious ability to create something out of nothing he shows an aggression and defensive effort that puts the rest of our attacking players to shame. He left plenty of souvenirs on Everton shins today, that’s for damn sure!
That's very impressive. He puts effort every game, I watched one of his friendly game vs Liverpool where he made sprint from one end to other to block a shot.

He is just everywhere on the pitch.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He drags the team to victory through sheer will and determination. The captain on the pitch if ever there was one. I dread to think where we would be if he never came.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Well said mate. Tbh I find our level of knee jerk reaction is just amazing :lol:

But it's the caf and I'm now getting used to it. Last year basically entire the caf wanted to give the POTY to Martial, Rashford or Bruno. Now people call them with all names after one, two bad matches. It's fine to criticize them for a bad performance, but don't go with stuffs like he's some shitty player, or their atttitude. Shit player are the ones who has been playing really badly for the large part his entire career. It's just one, two matches ffs. Which player in this world doesn't have bad match? Even Messi, Ronaldo had. How about some gratitude and especially respect for what they've done to the clubs? to give us fan happy moments?
These are the type of players you have to build around.

I said this before but to me it’s clear he is the “captain” on the pitch. He is a leader and fighter. He has that like Roy keane level of fight in him and you need that in your leaders. They demand respect both from the team and the opposition especially if they can then back up there talk with quality.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Game of two halves. Brilliant in the first half, but second half he wasn't good in possession and could easily have been given a second yellow (perhaps should have been). Huge effort and never stopped trying but he was living life dangerously.

Mr PG

If Bruno played for any of our rivals, the same fans reducing him here would be raging at Woodward for not signing him.

Tony247

During the match whenever bruno goes down the floor injured, and the sheer panic that causes on the match-day thread like "season is over", "no not him", "bruno injured! ffs", "we are going to get relegated" .... those feelings are the true compliments for a player. No other player gets that.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's our captain. No doubt about it. Have not felt that way about any player since SAF's time.
Can put in a poor performance in sections of some matches, but that's down to the laws of sport - impossible to be great at all times.
His mentality is top notch. Really makes me happy:drool:

hubbuh

He was fantastic on the whole today. I find it bizarre he can be so productive, and yet a really simple 5 yard pass that was on for him to play into Martial on the edge of their box he mishits to a ridiculous degree. How does that happen?! I'm calling him up for things that all of our others play do on a regular basis, but I find the extreme swing he's capable of interesting. He's also a victim of his own success as he's set the bar so high!

If it was Rashford or Martial or Pogba in that 4 v 2 scenario instead of bruno it would have been a goal kick
Nonsense. How many goals has Rashford scored on the break? Plenty.

R77

Good posts @SportingCP96

I don't see how his value to us can be questioned. He runs himself into the ground every single game, and his entire skill set suffers due to being absolutely knackered. Often still makes a difference despite that. Extremely grateful and glad to have him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Our captain. Monstrous performance today.

As for the general discussion – he is a player who reminds me of Rooney a lot. His technique is very good, but if it was on par with his vision, he'd be a Ballon d'Or contender – spreading those Laudrup-esque through-balls and half-crosses. I'm more than happy to have him as he is though, he's clearly a world-class player, who consistently produces results over the season & always rises up to the challenge, even though on a bad day he can look quite horrible.

Velvet Revolver

He was fantastic on the whole today. I find it bizarre he can be so productive, and yet a really simple 5 yard pass that was on for him to play into Martial on the edge of their box he mishits to a ridiculous degree. How does that happen?! I'm calling him up for things that all of our others play do on a regular basis, but I find the extreme swing he's capable of interesting. He's also a victim of his own success as he's set the bar so high!

how many has he missed skied and or lost possession? Plenty

Mr PG

It’s crazy and an interesting phenomenon of psychology that a good deal of United fans subconsciously resent Fernandes because he’s come in and completely outperformed Pogba... therefore sucking all the oxygen.

Strelok

These are the type of players you have to build around.

I said this before but to me it’s clear he is the “captain” on the pitch. He is a leader and fighter. He has that like Roy keane level of fight in him and you need that in your leaders. They demand respect both from the team and the opposition especially if they can then back up there talk with quality.
Totally agreed.

Tbh I don't think us fans would be able to enjoy CL football this season without him. Even Europa League is unlikely I think. He's been massive for us, not only goals or assist. Tbh what I love the most about this man is his fighting, giving his all and winning mentality.

Mr PG

Today you won’t hear the lads who were claiming James Rodriguez was better the other day...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You have players with flawless technique, like Iniesta, and you have players that are capable of outstanding things on the ball, like Bruno. He'll always have this odd mistake in him, but in the end it's certainly worth it to let him try to do everything he wants.

Tony247

and yet a really simple 5 yard pass that was on for him to play into Martial on the edge of their box he mishits to a ridiculous degree.
Are you referring in today's match. If so - and hopefully we both are referring the same incident - it was a perfectly weighted pass to martial in free space in front of him. Martial was manned by not one but by two defenders left and right. A direct pass to him means high probability he would have got dispossessed. Bruno was hoping Martial to lose his two defenders, make quick run forward to get the pass. I was totally p!ssed at Martial why he just stood there. But that sums of our overall problem with center forwards. Neither Rashford or Martial or Greenwood capable of floating intelligently, losing markers in the box. They all expect the ball come to their feet directly. Although Rashford is slightly better than other two, and Greenwood is just a kid hopefully he will learn. But Martial is sometimes just so painstakingly stationary. All can learn it from Cavani.

UtdAgain08

I thought he had been poor for a while so absolutely delighted how class he was today.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It’s crazy and an interesting phenomenon of psychology that a good deal of United fans subconsciously resent Fernandes because he’s come in and completely outperformed Pogba... therefore sucking all the oxygen.
Get this bullshit out of here.

Bruno is an amazing player who can have a tendency at times to overdo things when the simple pass would be just as effective (or he'll go for the simple pass and somehow mess it up). Acknowledging that he's not perfect and the fact he goes overboard at times isn't resenting him.

The United

That pass looked ridiculous but I also wondered if he wanted Martial to free himself and go for that pass. It would have been a good chance to score.

Pav1878

Those criticising Bruno can't be serious. If anyone overplays or fecks up the simple things it's Pogba. We are so much better without him. He's nothing more than a 90mil super sub now.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Are you referring in today's match. If so - and hopefully we both are referring the same incident - it was a perfectly weighted pass to martial in free space in front of him. Martial was manned by not one but by two defenders left and right. A direct pass to him means high probability he would have got dispossessed. Bruno was hoping Martial to lose his two defenders, make quick run forward to get the pass. I was totally p!ssed at Martial why he just stood there. But that sums of our overall problem with center forwards. Neither Rashford or Martial or Greenwood capable of floating intelligently, losing markers in the box. They all expect the ball come to their feet directly. Although Rashford is slightly better than other two, and Greenwood is just a kid hopefully he will learn. But Martial is sometimes just so painstakingly stationary. All can learn it from Cavani.
Do you mean the one where he played it to the side of the Martial in the box? If so that’s correct he wanted martial to run into it and not just play it into feet.

Strelok

Guys, please keep Pogba away from this. It's just not constructive and imo we've already given him enough rants in many other threads.

The United

Yup this was what I thought he was doing when he made that pass.

hubbuh

That's extremely harsh on Martial. Bruno was literally a few yards away from him and he was coming at him sideways - there was no through ball on. Any movement Martial made would have been easily shepherded by the defender regardless.

You have players with flawless technique, like Iniesta, and you have players that are capable of outstanding things on the ball, like Bruno. He'll always have this odd mistake in him, but in the end it's certainly worth it to let him try to do everything he wants.
This makes a lot more sense and seems more on the nose. Often Bruno gets it bang on, sometimes it's a bit off. He's a wonderful player on the whole.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It also tells you about the role he plays, and the risks that come with it. Michael Cox wrote a useful article about it recently.

Generally speaking, if you play a #10 you force the play to go through them. You saw the bad side of that approach with Everton and James Rodriguez today, or Fernandes a week ago. You saw the good and bad with Mata at Chelsea too. Exceptionally productive but ultimately deemed an unnecessary luxury under a different approach.
It’s an interesting conundrum. I think the biggest thing is that Bruno’s numbers are so mental (basically a 1 G/A every game) that you can kind of get away with it.

The criticism he's got over the last week or two has been insane.

He's by far our most creative player - and there are definitely games when the balance isn't quite there between creativity and possession loss - but his staggering work-rate, defensive contribution and game intelligence means that even his lowest level makes him vitally important for us.

When Martial or Rashford, for example, have off days their bottom level is absolute rock bottom.

With Bruno, even on his worst passing days, I almost never come away thinking 'wow he had a terrible game today' because he just contributes in so many areas.

Irwin99

I don't know how anyone can prefer Pogba, at least in terms of what they've given the club in their respective careers so far. Bruno's stats are quite ridiculous even allowing for the inflation of a lot of penalties. He dragged this team to a third place finish last year and has arguably eased the pressure on Ole twice now.

Tony247

Yup this was what I thought he was doing when he made that pass.
The reason why we don't see tap in goals in this united squad. And I think VdB can fill that gap if Ole start partnering him with Bruno, instead of Mata. Bruno and VdB need to play together more often so that they start building that understanding. This cannot happen in just one or two matches. It is a process and it may take some time.

Tony247

That's extremely harsh on Martial. Bruno was literally a few yards away from him and he was coming at him sideways - there was no through ball on. Any movement Martial made would have been easily shepherded by the defender regardless.
The unfortunate thing is some times our creative player and CFs are not on the same wavelegth.

Status
Not open for further replies.