View full 2020-21 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He was everywhere, fighting for every ball, making sure we scored the goals we needed.

That was a Captain's performance up there with any i saw from Robson, Cantona or Keane. 10/10. He just needs the armband now.

el3mel

Great comeback after last game. Absolutely majestic today.

The header for the first goal was absolutely fantastic.

We're 100% reliant on him. When he's shit, we're, and when he's at his best, we score.

dal

Out of form.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but he is.

What a player because he still keeps on producing.

I like pogba on that left side in fairness, even the right he’d be good.

We are rusty and I’m sure we are going to batter someone soon in the league :D.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ah I love this guy. This interview here when asked about if it's his goal:

"I don't care, if Marcus touched it it's his goal. The most important thing as a number 10 is to feed my teammates"

Walters_19_MuFc

Absolutely fantastic today, especially in the first half. Not only on the ball, but off the ball the guy is everywhere. Top performance.

Tormentor

Bruno is a true leader of this club, he is absolutely a beast on the pitch. The effort, desire and consistency he shows is remarkable. He was easily the MOTM!!!!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bizarre and brilliant.

In the space of one game he can channel the gods of either Dennis Bergkamp or Kleberson.

Love him to bits though

Raw

I'm so bloody happy we have him playing for us. Only just turned 26 so he's still got his best years ahead of him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The difference between his first half and second half performances was staggering.

First half, he was incredible and carried us and the second half he was a brain-dead idiot flying into tackles while on a yellow and the team carried him.

fergosaurus

His mentality is on par with his talent. He says all the right things in interviews and comes across as a natural leader.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Was less wasteful today. Scored 2 fantastic goal. Worked his ass off.

POF

What a fantastic player. He's the talisman of this team. When the team is struggling he's invariably the one to step up.

When he knew he had Cavani with him late on, I don't think the chance of getting a hattrick even entered his head. Where would this team be without him.

Ekeke

Shows how odd our fanbase are that some have been calling him shite etc.

He was everywhere, fighting every player on the pitch, two goals and an assist.

Only leader in this side. World class.

Edit: he’s saying in his interview that others need to be leaders. This is what we are missing with the consistency.
Just silly people who dont like attacking players taking chances and some coming off while others dont. The same people were all over Nani

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a player.

Could you imagine if he never gave the ball away too? it would be cheating :lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Made James look analogue to his digital. Stunning display.

spiriticon

Hes carrying the team at the moment. Must be frustrating to see his team mates not even managing to hit a 5 yard pass
To be fair some games Bruno can't hit a 5 yard pass either but the difference is he just keeps trying and running until something works

Mentality.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That’s how reliant we’re on him, tells you about the class of the player if the whole team depends on him.
It also tells you about the role he plays, and the risks that come with it. Michael Cox wrote a useful article about it recently.

In the eternal debate about whether or not a manager should field a No 10, Manchester United and Arsenal are — in the context of the Premier League’s apparent “big six” — at opposing ends of the spectrum.

The other four managers are somewhere in the middle. Jurgen Klopp is a sceptic, often implying that gegenpressing is his equivalent of a No 10, and generally using 4-3-3. However, Liverpool do sometimes use a 4-2-3-1, with Roberto Firmino behind a proper striker.

Pep Guardiola also prefers 4-3-3, but this season has increasingly used Kevin De Bruyne in a No 10 role behind a striker, effectively illustrating that Manchester City are increasingly reliant on his brilliance.

Elsewhere, Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard sometimes uses a player in that role, and seems likely to switch between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3 this season. Jose Mourinho does something similar at Tottenham Hotspur. Those sides chop and change systems.

Manchester United and Arsenal do as well, in different ways, but there’s effectively one constant. United have completely committed to playing a No 10 — Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has unashamedly based his side around Bruno Fernandes. Arsenal have totally turned away from using a No 10, with Mikel Arteta omitting Mesut Ozil from their Premier League squad.

To simplify things: United are trying to create through individual brilliance, Arsenal are trying to create through their structure. Sunday’s game between them at Old Trafford showed both sides of that approach.
Generally speaking, if you play a #10 you force the play to go through them. You saw the bad side of that approach with Everton and James Rodriguez today, or Fernandes a week ago. You saw the good and bad with Mata at Chelsea too. Exceptionally productive but ultimately deemed an unnecessary luxury under a different approach.

The Viper

Monster performance from Bruno today. Absolutely class, he was everywhere on the pitch. Coleman tried his best to put him off but our boy was on it today. Hope he keeps going like this bcz if we want to continue winning Bruno has to be at the top of his game. He has been brilliant signing.

Woodzy

Most frustrating player on the planet but still the best player on the pitch and match winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.