6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

He got this knackered style of play at the end of the game which will annoy the shit out of you. But suddenly he will give that assist/goal in the end.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
As good as it gets, I think this is his peak performance level. He will always misplace some passes, people who watch football will see that it happens to every top player.

He needs to be more careful when on a yellow though, he was lucky to finish the game with single booking.

Tony247

He is actually a horrible passer....

.... he always seem to be unaware of what's going on around him ....

... He is just not supposed to be a midfielder. ...

... I think Fernandes is just another one who is technically, not good enough.
:nono:

RUCK4444

Just silly people who dont like attacking players taking chances and some coming off while others dont. The same people were all over Nani
Absolutely. I wonder if they would prefer him to pass sideways and backwards more like almost every other player we’ve had since Nani.

Rajma

It also tells you about the role he plays, and the risks that come with it. Michael Cox wrote a useful article about it recently.

Generally speaking, if you play a #10 you force the play to go through them. You saw the bad side of that approach with Everton and James Rodriguez today, or Fernandes a week ago. You saw the good and bad with Mata at Chelsea too. Exceptionally productive but ultimately deemed an unnecessary luxury under a different approach.
Bruno is nothing like James/Mata though in terms of grit and fight, he can easily be playing an advanced role in 433 for instance.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He’s steadily got worse and worse since joining. He came in like a whirlwind and looked a completely different class.

The more time he’s spent with Ole and his coaches the worse his performances have got.

When so many top players are underachieving week after week you know it’s a failure of the manager.
He has been the same the entire time. When he isn't scoring or assisting there's lots to pick holes with. He's an incredibly careless player. He was the same at Sporting too.

Arka_BleedingRed

What a Player! What have we done to deserve him? For just once, I would like to see him play under a world class manager, who I am sure would elevate him to a level even higher than KDB.

pascell

That header gave me Scholes vs City vibes, brilliant timing of his run and placement of header.

Also battled all game, never shyed away like some usually do.

Tony247

What a Player! What have we done to deserve him? For just once, I would like to see him play under a world class manager, who I am sure would elevate him to a level even higher than KDB.
Exactly. Here is it happening the opposite. A player is making manager look better than he is.

predator

Youth NITK
Hes deserved an 'untouchable' status already if you ask me. I dont see how anyone can criticise him, especially in games when the team is playing bad.

Mr PG

Plays ever minute of every game, still tops distance covered charts...ridiculous stats.

Holocene

His header was gorgeous even if he was completely unmarked. We don't score enough headers.

He clearly has the elite mentality. Pretty much bases his game on law of averages; he knows eventually his passes or shots will pay off since he has the ability.

Mr PG

There are no stats for football intelligence. That Cavani assist at the end. He waits and waits(drawing defenders away) when Cavani was too wide then releases ball to him just at the right time.

Strelok

This thread is ridiculous sometime :lol:

This should shut those haters off for a while I guess.

He's just fanstastic today :devil:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Im sorry but I have to say my piece after hawking this thread for the last week or so.

"Careless passer" and all this stuff, listen Bruno could easily do all those safe things you guys want but thats what other players in the team are there for. He is not stupid and knows he misplaces a lot of passes but that is also because he tries passes or shots that others would not attempt. That is why when you look at his stats he is such a productive player, Bruno is a difference maker point blank period. Today he got 2 goals and 1 assist and United won 3-1.

Would you rather United lose 3-1 but Bruno has 95% pass accuracy? That is just a silly way to think of it and you cant compare every player equally. The truth of the matter is there is not one other player on this team who can do what Bruno does, especially not as consistently as he does.

When your in a closer game or against teams who sit deep those "risky" passes or shots are the ones that unlock those defenses. As I said above his statistics are not an accident he is an absurdly productive player. One who is and can be both the finisher and the assister.

Believe me if he wanted too he can do all the "right decisions" all game long because he is a very talented and technically gifted player and passer but thats simply not the way he likes to play. There are 9 other players on the pitch and if all are doing the same thing nothing will change, You need a player who attempts the passes and plays that he does and that is what Bruno does.

When United lose it seems easy to look at Bruno pass accuracy and say "just not good enough" but if the whole team is playing piss poor of course he is made out too look "bad".

The truth is he is by far and large the best player in this team and all you need to do is watch United before Bruno came and United after Bruno arrived on January.

Would United have won this game today if Bruno was not on the pitch? More than likely not.

So many knee jerk reactions on here when the team starts losing.

I am sure some will say "your a Sporting fan and Portuguese so of course you will say that" but the truth is I call out and judge harshly Portuguese players on this forum more then anyone.

Reactions: Invictus

Raw

Im sorry but I have to say my piece after hawking this thread for the last week or so.

"Careless passer" and all this stuff, listen Bruno could easily do all those safe things you guys want but thats what other players in the team are there for. He is not stupid and knows he misplaces a lot of passes but that is also because he tries passes or shots that others would not attempt. That is why when you look at his stats he is such a productive player, Bruno is a difference maker point blank period. Today he got 2 goals and 1 assist and United won 3-1.

Would you rather United lose 3-1 but Bruno has 95% pass accuracy? That is just a silly way to think of it and you cant compare every player equally. The truth of the matter is there is not one other player on this team who can do what Bruno does, especially not as consistently as he does.

When your in a closer game or against teams who sit deep those "risky" passes or shots are the ones that unlock those defenses. As I said above his statistics are not an accident he is an absurdly productive player. One who is and can be both the finisher and the assister.

Believe me if he wanted too he can do all the "right decisions" all game long because he is a very talented and technically gifted player and passer but thats simply not the way he likes to play. There are 9 other players on the pitch and if all are doing the same thing nothing will change, You need a player who attempts the passes and plays that he does and that is what Bruno does.

When United lose it seems easy to look at Bruno pass accuracy and say "just not good enough" but if the whole team is playing piss poor of course he is made out too look "bad".

The truth is he is by far and large the best player in this team and all you need to do is watch United before Bruno came and United after Bruno arrived on January.

Would United have won this game today if Bruno was not on the pitch? More than likely not.

I am sure some will say "your a Sporting fan and Portuguese so of course you will say that" but the truth is I call out and judge harshly Portuguese players on this forum more then anyone.
Well said

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Was anyone else annoyed in the 93rd minute when he tried playing a through ball instead of straight to Pogba to run into the corner? Bruno in a nutshell :lol:

Arka_BleedingRed

There are no stats for football intelligence. That Cavani assist at the end. He waits and waits(drawing defenders away) when Cavani was too wide then releases ball to him just at the right time.
Even I was sure that he was going for the hat trick. That pass to Cavani was a delight. Shows how unselfish he is. Pogba needs to learn a lot from him.

el3mel

Still can't get enough of that header in the first goal. :drool: Hell of a header this one.

He's my captain with or without armband.

pascell

Thank you, people who aren't happy with his performances need to read this time and time again.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Spot on my friend

Sylar

Great post
People wanted lingard / Pereira out cos they were too safe and not taking chances

Bruno is a leader and a fighter too
This guy is what we needed for so long

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Good post and spot on.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Most non-pen goals in the league from midfield.

Pen merchant though apparently.. Mkhitaryan 2.0 apparently (yes some fans actually have been saying that)

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Look it’s clear sometimes he will have bad performances, sometimes he takes too many risks, but if you try to limit him to be only a player who makes safe passes or don’t shoot much because it annoys the guys of the statistics, well, you’re going to take his best attributes. Clearly the problems of this team goes well beyond player X or Y. Without wanting to explode the Forum I have watched 5 games of Rangers under Gerrard against Portuguese teams in the Europa League, and on what is influence of the coach I think it’s not shambolic to say in 2020 Gerrard is a better coach than Solskjaer. Perhaps Rangers fans can prove my point on that.

Strelok

Well said mate. Tbh I find our level of knee jerk reaction is just amazing :lol:

But it's the caf and I'm now getting used to it. Last year basically entire the caf wanted to give the POTY to Martial, Rashford or Bruno. Now people call them with all names after one, two bad matches. It's fine to criticize them for a bad performance, but don't go with stuffs like he's some shitty player, or their atttitude. Shit player are the ones who has been playing really badly for the large part his entire career. It's just one, two matches ffs. Which player in this world doesn't have bad match? Even Messi, Ronaldo had. How about some gratitude and especially respect for what they've done to the clubs? to give us fan happy moments?

jem

Far and away our best player. Didn't somebody recently saw that he was a Sanchez-level bad signing? Ridiculous!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His header was gorgeous even if he was completely unmarked. We don't score enough headers.

He clearly has the elite mentality. Pretty much bases his game on law of averages; he knows eventually his passes or shots will pay off since he has the ability.

Great posts. In addition to his obvious ability to create something out of nothing he shows an aggression and defensive effort that puts the rest of our attacking players to shame. He left plenty of souvenirs on Everton shins today, that’s for damn sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.