6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

hubbuh

The unfortunate thing is some times our creative player and CFs are not on the same wavelegth.
That's for sure. I'd say the entire team is often not on the same wavelength. That doesn't change the fact that, despite Bruno's immense productivity, he does have momentary lapses. He's only human!

Guv77

He will get even better once he has a proper centre forward to link up with.

Arka_BleedingRed

Exactly. Here is it happening the opposite. A player is making manager look better than he is.
This guy has literally dragged the team to victory and given Ole a new life line so many times, he deserves a Pl/UCL medal when his Man United ends.

Tony247

That's for sure. I'd say the entire team is often not on the same wavelength. That doesn't change the fact that, despite Bruno's immense productivity, he does have momentary lapses. He's only human!
Totally agree. Nobody's perfect. It's the bigger picture that matters.

rhajdu

Did you read his latest interview?

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...am-performance-in-win-over-everton-7-november

“[Marcus] tells me he didn’t get a touch but it doesn’t matter if he did or didn’t, I’m here to serve my strikers,” the 26-year-old continued.

“If I have a chance to score a goal of course I want to score it, but I’m here to serve my strikers, or Juan, or Paul or if Edi is there."

“If the goal is for him, it doesn’t matter, it’s no problem. It’s three points for us and the points are for everyone."

“I think strikers need to score and have the confidence. A striker is confident when he scores. For [Cavani] it’s really important."

“Everyone knows Edi is a striker who’s done everything in the world of football. He really helps a lot and it will be much better for him after this first goal.”

The guy is just simply brilliant.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The major difference with Pogba is that even when Bruno isn't on top form, he'll still be a gamechanger.
And in a positive way, not giving pens away!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There are few things in football more aesthetically pleasing then a header into the top corner.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Cantona, RVP and Bruno

One revolutionised United, One won us our last league title and now Bruno although not as good as the other 2 can certainly be talked about in the same sentence.

Web of Bissaka

That's more like it.
He's playing with more calmness and composure, mixing it up well with good balance of safe and risk passes.

The Bruno we love, step-up when we need him to. Start of another purple patch? we can only wish and hope.

wr8_utd

:'(
Love the guy. Reminds me a lot of Rooney with his fighting spirit and the fact that no matter how poor a game he has, you just know that he's got a game winning contribution in him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some of the comments on here a few pages back are truly embarrassing .

Very unselfish pass for Cavani’s goal when he’s on a hat trick.

My man
This forum is filled with a bunch of ungrateful morons who expect perfection from certain players every game.
You can criticize if he doesn't plays well but some of the stuff said is disgraceful for people calling themselves "fans"

Last edited:

RedIan

He's lost all faith in Ole and some of his team mates by the look of it. Just looks completely dejected.
Were you watching the same game, he had lots of big smiles and ran his heart out for the team.. never stops trying to create, if it doesnt come off, he tries again... love Bruno.

surf

Reminds me Robbo in the eighties, a fighter, the leader and key player in an inconsistent team. Too often we won when he played, lost when he didn't. Getting the same feeling now with Bruno - when he has a poor game the whole team crashes and burns.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Bruno takes a lot of risks, that's why his numbers are so high. Criticising him for losing possession would be the same as criticising him for taking risks. He will always lose the ball more than anyone else on our team and while doing so will most of the time create a few good chances for our forwards. That is the kind of player he is.

When Bruno plays well, our team plays well. When he has an off-day, our teams can't create anything. Instead of criticising Bruno, we should be asking why our team can't create anything when he's not playing well.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Probably the only guy with balls on our team and wouldn't look out of place mentay playing right beside the likes of Roy keane

laughtersassassin

Reminds me Robbo in the eighties, a fighter, the leader and key player in an inconsistent team. Too often we won when he played, lost when he didn't. Getting the same feeling now with Bruno - when he has a poor game the whole team crashes and burns.
It really does and that to me that's a coaching issue. You can't be a one man team and we have good enough players now that we really shouldn't be.

Tony247

Ole on Bruno, "With his desire and determination he is everywhere on the pitch, sometimes that frustrates me. Because sometimes there are passes being played to where he should have been and he is not there."

Like Ole said, if Bruno is taking all the responsibility upon himself then it will harm the team and him in a long term. He should be more disciplined in his positioning, especially when opposition attack breaks and there is a chance of launching counter.

No point in burning himself down like this. We have a long season and many tournaments to play.

Mic

Ole on Bruno, "With his desire and determination he is everywhere on the pitch, sometimes that frustrates me. Because sometimes there are passes being played to where he should have been and he is not there."

Like Ole said, if Bruno is taking all the responsibility upon himself then it will harm the team and him in a long term. He should be more disciplined in his positioning, especially when opposition attack breaks and there is a chance of launching counter.

No point in burning himself down like this. We have a long season and many tournaments to play.
Exactly, Bruno should stay up front with the strikers except most of them time, almost always, no balls come to them and he constantly tracks back and also defends, that's why he's always tired.

If he just stayed up front, he would for sure do even better. Of course, then people will say then he doesn't defend, well the team has 4 defenders + DM and keeper for that, should be enough if you have any quality.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For an attacking player, he has a rare mix of loving to do the tracking back, tackling and general ugly side of the game.
Those types will always go down well with fans.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Like other said here, he's a player that will displease tactical purists, because he's a risk taker and even if the team is winning he wants more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I don’t think he will ever change. He just has a burning desire to win and do everything. Similarly to Rooney when he was younger actually, they play with the same fire.

it’s such a shame there’s no crowds to cheer him on doing it.

432JuanMata

Media: Bruno and Ole fall out and he doesn’t believe in Ole and won’t play for him.

Reality: Keeping Ole in the Job. 5 goals and 3 assists in 7 PL games this season.He has crazy stats per game for us

432JuanMata

Imagine he has world class, clinical strikers in front of him..
This. He will never be a 100 pass accuracy player as he tries to many forward/through balls but 5 goals and 3 assists in 7 PL games imagine he played for City with Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez and KDB around him ?? He is one of the few players we have that if we want to get back to the top he will not get near losing his place

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Another thing that I love about him is how much of a moaning prick he is. Argues everything with the ref. United players have been far too passive and nicey-nice for too long. Herrera was our last proper cnut.

Fred is improving too, the way he rolled and exaggerated a nothing foul today was excellent. More of the same!

Maureen-yo

Another thing that I love about him is how much of a moaning prick he is. Argues everything with the ref. United players have been far too passive and nicey-nice for too long. Herrera was our last proper cnut.

Fred is improving too, the way he rolled and exaggerated a nothing foul today was excellent. More of the same!
Isn't this exactly the type of thing that people slate Salah etc for and say there's no place for it in the English game?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Im sorry but I have to say my piece after hawking this thread for the last week or so.

"Careless passer" and all this stuff, listen Bruno could easily do all those safe things you guys want but thats what other players in the team are there for. He is not stupid and knows he misplaces a lot of passes but that is also because he tries passes or shots that others would not attempt. That is why when you look at his stats he is such a productive player, Bruno is a difference maker point blank period. Today he got 2 goals and 1 assist and United won 3-1.

Would you rather United lose 3-1 but Bruno has 95% pass accuracy? That is just a silly way to think of it and you cant compare every player equally. The truth of the matter is there is not one other player on this team who can do what Bruno does, especially not as consistently as he does.

When your in a closer game or against teams who sit deep those "risky" passes or shots are the ones that unlock those defenses. As I said above his statistics are not an accident he is an absurdly productive player. One who is and can be both the finisher and the assister.

Believe me if he wanted too he can do all the "right decisions" all game long because he is a very talented and technically gifted player and passer but thats simply not the way he likes to play. There are 9 other players on the pitch and if all are doing the same thing nothing will change, You need a player who attempts the passes and plays that he does and that is what Bruno does.

When United lose it seems easy to look at Bruno pass accuracy and say "just not good enough" but if the whole team is playing piss poor of course he is made out too look "bad".

The truth is he is by far and large the best player in this team and all you need to do is watch United before Bruno came and United after Bruno arrived on January.

Would United have won this game today if Bruno was not on the pitch? More than likely not.

So many knee jerk reactions on here when the team starts losing.

I am sure some will say "your a Sporting fan and Portuguese so of course you will say that" but the truth is I call out and judge harshly Portuguese players on this forum more then anyone.
Great post as usual post mate. Good to see some sanity in this thread!

Him suddenly turning into a safe passer would be akin to when people say a player had been “Van Gaal’d” or “Mourinho’d”, he still has a new signing smell on him and plays to his own beat, he clearly has so much confidence in his ability. Not many players in the world are like him.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I want to see more players like Bruno for us, in terms of effort that is, I think the midfield trio of him Fred and Scott works well because they all work so hard, I want us to have more hard working players, no more players looking like they’re so chill (shaw and AWB come to mind), I want mad intensity in this side and teams to know they’re about to get out worked and lose every second ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.