6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorio

Did he say "mood" leader or "mute" leader? Thought it was the latter when I listened to it live, especially in context with his comments just before, however, in the BT studio and all the related press, folks are saying "mood".

Betson

And to think that we walked away from signing him last summer and left him to Spurs to do the deal but they decided to go another route and we almost pulled out of the deal in January as well as we were not quite sure but were desperate, lucky break.

His goal contributions were superb, but I’m just as happy that his overall performance was very good for the first time in a while. Looked a bit deflated lately but was back to being the tenacious leader he is today.

KW2006

Imagine what its like if he plays with our 1998-2003 / 2005-2009 teams. No sure he will be a starter in either team though.

jem

Another thing that I love about him is how much of a moaning prick he is. Argues everything with the ref. United players have been far too passive and nicey-nice for too long. Herrera was our last proper cnut.

Fred is improving too, the way he rolled and exaggerated a nothing foul today was excellent. More of the same!
I agree - it's something I also appreciate about McTominay. Works his ass off and isn't above a bit of shithousery when the situation calls for it.

jem

It was a valid observation during the Istanbul match, so get off your high horse mate
It wasn't particularly valid, as lack of effort isn't really something you can accuse Bruno of, in my opinion.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He and Fred (also sometimes Rashford) are the type that would give back as hard as they took. No hiding from them, and I fecking love it.

devil99

It fecking works for them, doesn't it?

Nice guys finish last.
I too noticed the same. E.g. against Arsenal - Matic penalty incident, Holding getting away with multiple fouls without cards, Our players seems never bothered about it.

We don't have a single player like Suarez, Ramos who are prime examples of win at all costs mentality, except Bruno upto some extent. I hardly see anybody remotely showing this kind of attitude.

If similar fouls committed against Read Madrid or Barcelona, they would be killing the refree's for freekicks, yellow cards and penalties.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Im sorry but I have to say my piece after hawking this thread for the last week or so.

"Careless passer" and all this stuff, listen Bruno could easily do all those safe things you guys want but thats what other players in the team are there for. He is not stupid and knows he misplaces a lot of passes but that is also because he tries passes or shots that others would not attempt. That is why when you look at his stats he is such a productive player, Bruno is a difference maker point blank period. Today he got 2 goals and 1 assist and United won 3-1.

Would you rather United lose 3-1 but Bruno has 95% pass accuracy? That is just a silly way to think of it and you cant compare every player equally. The truth of the matter is there is not one other player on this team who can do what Bruno does, especially not as consistently as he does.

When your in a closer game or against teams who sit deep those "risky" passes or shots are the ones that unlock those defenses. As I said above his statistics are not an accident he is an absurdly productive player. One who is and can be both the finisher and the assister.

Believe me if he wanted too he can do all the "right decisions" all game long because he is a very talented and technically gifted player and passer but thats simply not the way he likes to play. There are 9 other players on the pitch and if all are doing the same thing nothing will change, You need a player who attempts the passes and plays that he does and that is what Bruno does.

When United lose it seems easy to look at Bruno pass accuracy and say "just not good enough" but if the whole team is playing piss poor of course he is made out too look "bad".

The truth is he is by far and large the best player in this team and all you need to do is watch United before Bruno came and United after Bruno arrived on January.

Would United have won this game today if Bruno was not on the pitch? More than likely not.

So many knee jerk reactions on here when the team starts losing.

I am sure some will say "your a Sporting fan and Portuguese so of course you will say that" but the truth is I call out and judge harshly Portuguese players on this forum more then anyone.
Spot on.

Hes putting his teammates to shame really. Besides Rashford we dont have a single player that is even close in terms of impact or importance

Borys

Statistics Wizard
With current midfield base (Fred-McTominay), I don't think Bruno losing the ball occasionally is that big of a deal. I mean it very rarely leads to dangerous situation for opposition. Might bite us from time to time but considering numbers he's on since joining us, it's worth it.

Jeffthered

We would be nowhere without him.
Exactly. He came on and helped change the game against RB Leipzig. An today he was the difference between the two sides, that was so obvious. Two moments of inspiration won us that game today.

He is absolutely, absolutely essential for us. Essential.

Coops73

Great game from him again today, was getting stuck in all over the pitch, even when he isn’t playing very well it’s so difficult to drop him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
@SportingCP96 Great post man. Bruno has been performing long enough for Utd for fans to trust him to come back to good form after a little period of trouble. We shouldn't even need to resort to look at his career in general to know and accept the type of player he is. It's just we have a portion of stupid fans who expect and want perfection or something close to it from certain players in every game.
His output is ridiculious, just that alone he deserves our support and patience whenever he isn't playing as well as he could.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Isn't this exactly the type of thing that people slate Salah etc for and say there's no place for it in the English game?
Exactly. Rashford is starting to go down with a minimal touch, Bruno constantly does it and even big hard McT rolls over far too easily. I don't know whether it's something that's being coached or they're taking it upon themselves to do it but I wish they'd cut it the feck out.

Andersons Dietician

I really don’t know what to make of his performance yesterday. He had a mix of everything. At times watching him I was shaking my head at how poor he was then I was like wow, then back to what the hell Bruno to convincing myself maybe we would be a better team without him back to Nah he is the spark In the team.

I think I just have to come to terms with at times his wondering about is going to cause us problems in the build up and defending. Martial is just going to have to get better at knowing where Bruno is and when he should drop in to the space vacated by Bruno.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Did he say "mood" leader or "mute" leader? Thought it was the latter when I listened to it live, especially in context with his comments just before, however, in the BT studio and all the related press, folks are saying "mood".
I’m 99% sure he said ‘ mute leader’ as in you just have to lead by example but as usual BT completely misheard and chatted shite.

Bobski

One of the reasons why Mata has been so underwhelming at Utd is his preference for the safe, sideways pass. Key to why he has never made the 10/attacking midfield role his own because you need someone trying to force an opening rather than just retain the ball.

Andersons Dietician

I’m 99% sure he said ‘ mute leader’ as in you just have to lead by example but as usual BT completely misheard and chatted shite.
I thought he said Mood myself but I think BT immediately tried to spin it in to something it wasn’t. I think he was merely saying their are vocal leaders and trying to say their are people who lead just by their attitude and performances on the pitch.

Maybe I’m completely wrong and he meant someone in the dressing room that is the social leader as in builds the team unity and so on. But the way the BT pundits interpreted it was disgusting. Rio as well. Like what the hell man.

arnie_ni

I thought he said Mood myself but I think BT immediately tried to spin it in to something it wasn’t. I think he was merely saying their are vocal leaders and trying to say their are people who lead just by their attitude and performances on the pitch.

Maybe I’m completely wrong and he meant someone in the dressing room that is the social leader as in builds the team unity and so on. But the way the BT pundits interpreted it was disgusting. Rio as well. Like what the hell man.
Has anyone a clip to what was said and what bt sport said after?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Can't wait for him to be moved on.

Haven't liked him since he arrived, fake player who covers up his deficiencies by scoring and assisting.
Wow, this was a real post, I guess. There you go, sometimes you drop a bollock every now and then.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I just don't think mood leader makes sense whereas in the context of what he said next, mute definitely did.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Im sorry but I have to say my piece after hawking this thread for the last week or so.

"Careless passer" and all this stuff, listen Bruno could easily do all those safe things you guys want but thats what other players in the team are there for. He is not stupid and knows he misplaces a lot of passes but that is also because he tries passes or shots that others would not attempt. That is why when you look at his stats he is such a productive player, Bruno is a difference maker point blank period. Today he got 2 goals and 1 assist and United won 3-1.

Would you rather United lose 3-1 but Bruno has 95% pass accuracy? That is just a silly way to think of it and you cant compare every player equally. The truth of the matter is there is not one other player on this team who can do what Bruno does, especially not as consistently as he does.

When your in a closer game or against teams who sit deep those "risky" passes or shots are the ones that unlock those defenses. As I said above his statistics are not an accident he is an absurdly productive player. One who is and can be both the finisher and the assister.

Believe me if he wanted too he can do all the "right decisions" all game long because he is a very talented and technically gifted player and passer but thats simply not the way he likes to play. There are 9 other players on the pitch and if all are doing the same thing nothing will change, You need a player who attempts the passes and plays that he does and that is what Bruno does.

When United lose it seems easy to look at Bruno pass accuracy and say "just not good enough" but if the whole team is playing piss poor of course he is made out too look "bad".

The truth is he is by far and large the best player in this team and all you need to do is watch United before Bruno came and United after Bruno arrived on January.

Would United have won this game today if Bruno was not on the pitch? More than likely not.

So many knee jerk reactions on here when the team starts losing.

I am sure some will say "your a Sporting fan and Portuguese so of course you will say that" but the truth is I call out and judge harshly Portuguese players on this forum more then anyone.
Great post.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exactly. Rashford is starting to go down with a minimal touch, Bruno constantly does it and even big hard McT rolls over far too easily. I don't know whether it's something that's being coached or they're taking it upon themselves to do it but I wish they'd cut it the feck out.
Old school mentality. We lost to Arsenal because they went down easily and Martial got a red card because he didn't go down when we got hit first, then retaliated.

Being big and brave is nothing to be proud of anymore, it's just putting yourself at a disadvantage.

tomaldinho1

I'm just amazed he scored a header from a cross - been so long since I remember a midfielder making runs between the CBs. Maybe when we came back against City Pogba made that run from Alexis' cross

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm just amazed he scored a header from a cross - been so long since I remember a midfielder making runs between the CBs. Maybe when we came back against City Pogba made that run from Alexis' cross
We just never seem to cross it, last two games we've suddenly discovered it's a viable strategy for breaking teams down.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Old school mentality. We lost to Arsenal because they went down easily and Martial got a red card because he didn't go down when we got hit first, then retaliated.

Being big and brave is nothing to be proud of anymore, it's just putting yourself at a disadvantage.
Maybe but I'd rather be big and brave than basically cheating. We knock other clubs for it which basically makes us hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.