7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icemav

His lowest level reminds me of Rooney on his pub player-mode days. Can't even make the simplest of passes, just mistake after mistake.
The guy is so attacking minded it can occasionally hurt him. Even the simple passes to the wings were so close to being howlers. But he plays them so far in front of the man that if he gets it right it speeds up play and creates huge chances. As mentioned he does not seem to be able to dial it back a notch. Sometimes we need to retain the ball not go for the home run.

the chameleon

For all the people saying he's been poor. Fair enough. But he takes risks. The rewards of such a player are that he gets goals and assists. You take that away from him and we have a safety-first player with a fraction of the goals and assists that he has.

I'm happy for him to make some misplaced passes if it means that he gets a goal or assist every game.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
In fairness he played a peach of a ball to Rashers in the second half that would have had him through except for the Southampton player to handle it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
For all the people saying he's been poor. Fair enough. But he takes risks. The rewards of such a player are that he gets goals and assists. You take that away from him and we have a safety-first player with a fraction of the goals and assists that he has.

I'm happy for him to make some misplaced passes if it means that he gets a goal or assist every game.
Yeah by definition he will be streaky I think. But he has:

a) the ability to score and assist
b) the bottle to do so
c) absolute mad work rate, brilliant at pressing.

Great signing.

Alemar

So many people saying he was poor yesterday... Fair enough, but he still managed to make one assist. It’s actually not that dreadful to make one assist even on your bad days.

Baneofthegame

He wasn’t at his best yesterday, neither were a few players, some simple passes we’re going astray and sometimes we need the conservative pass.

Either way I feel he will have more great performances than ones like last night.

ash_86

Off day yesterday but maybe due to him overplaying. Still got an assist for the Martial goal. Shows how far he's raised the bar.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Off day yesterday but maybe due to him overplaying. Still got an assist for the Martial goal. Shows how far he's raised the bar.
Seeing that he got an ”assist” for that Martial goal keeps reminding me why i dont pay attention to assist stats. To much stats focusing nowadays.

ash_86

Seeing that he got an ”assist” for that Martial goal keeps reminding me why i dont pay attention to assist stats. To much stats focusing nowadays.
You must hate tap-in goals too then. Relax , not all excellent on the plate assist gets converted so these things even out over the course of season.

romufc

So many people saying he was poor yesterday... Fair enough, but he still managed to make one assist. It’s actually not that dreadful to make one assist even on your bad days.
Or you can have Lingard and Perreira who will play the safe pass and we won't create anything.

Criticise for making risky passes but will also be criticised for playing it safe.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't get the bad game thing, he did fine. Pogba had a bad game, Wan Bissaka had a bad game, Fernandes was fine.

E-mal

16 goals and assist in 16 games is an amazing return. For a while we have a signing that has hit the ground running. He needs to improve his passing though and help the double pivot more especially against decent opposition.

We are lucky to have him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't get the bad game thing, he did fine. Pogba had a bad game, Wan Bissaka had a bad game, Fernandes was fine.
That’s nonsense to be fair (in my humble opinion). Bruno was poor. He got an ‘assist’, which just shows the nonsense emphasis on stats in today’s game. A footballer should not get an assist without creating a goalscoring chance In my opinion. Getting an assist for a solo goal is ridiculous.

Obviously no need to throw the player away, but there is some serious hypocrisy with regards to other players if that performance was considered ‘fine’. If Lingard had turned that in, he would rightly be criticised. He needs to do better, and will do better.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I was listening to Gary Neville today, and he said something that's pretty interesting, Bruno might be one of the biggest impact signings in the club's history. Now I'm not as deep in United's story as most here, I became aware of the club when I was in France and Cantona joined them (as he was one of my favorite players as a kid), so I think a lot of people have Cantona as the big impact signing in the club's somewhat recent history, but Gary argued he came into a team that was already good and just a few steps away from being great, whereas Bruno came into a team that looked desperate and helped turn it into one that gives you hope to become a challenger.

Obviously, it's too early to make that kind of judgement, because there's also a few other factors beyond just the arrival of Bruno Fernandes that's turned United around (Martial & Greenwood for example), but if the team continues on its upward trend since his arrival (which has been a rare thing with any new arrival at the club in over half a decade), could Bruno Fernandes be seen as one of United's biggest impact signing in recent history?

SATA

That was more on Martial’s brilliance rather than his assist creating the goal. It was pretty much a square pass. Does that even count as an assist? He’s great but he needs to stop forcing the issue at times and keep recycling the ball instead if the pass is not on. Losing the ball needlessly also puts us on the back foot

Web of Bissaka

Bruno Fernandes has scored five goals in his last four Premier League away games, with his brace at Brighton & Hove Albion sandwiched between efforts against Everton, Tottenham and Aston Villa.

If he nets at Selhurst Park, he’ll be the first United player to score in five straight away games in the competition since Zlatan Ibrahimovic in January 2017, and the fourth to do so overall for the Reds, after Dutch strikers Ruud van Nistelrooy (twice) and Robin van Persie.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...and-more-pre-match-stats-for-palace-v-man-utd

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That’s nonsense to be fair (in my humble opinion). Bruno was poor. He got an ‘assist’, which just shows the nonsense emphasis on stats in today’s game. A footballer should not get an assist without creating a goalscoring chance In my opinion. Getting an assist for a solo goal is ridiculous.

Obviously no need to throw the player away, but there is some serious hypocrisy with regards to other players if that performance was considered ‘fine’. If Lingard had turned that in, he would rightly be criticised. He needs to do better, and will do better.
Please don't talk about Lingard in reference to Bruno, it's demeaning to yourself.

Crystal Palace 0:2 Man Utd

luisnani86

Little bit erratic at times and would have been rightly crucified had Palace goal stood as it was his awful pass that led to their attack. When he turns it on though he seems to lift the team almost singlehandedly. No way was he the MOTM - Rashford (surprisingly doesn't lead the poll, had my vote), Martial, DDG, AWB & Lindelof all better tonight

Donut

He's been really poor the last two games. Sure he's getting "assists", but he's losing balls too much, and he's being sloppy with simple stuff as well. He must be exhausted, but still...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hoddle naming him BT's MOTM just shows what an awful pundit he is

As for Bruno he was better when he cut out the rashness in his play, sometimes you need to keep it simple when you're under the cosh rather than trying the spectacular (that goes for Pogba as well)

mu4c_20le

Hope Woody kept the receipts. Looking like a shadow of his former self for awhile now

Squeaky Bumtime

Started poorly but grew as the game went on. Was a lot more composed and calm with his passes. Unlucky to not get a goal.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't mind him losing possession. He is that type of player. Played role in both goals, should have scored too. Took good set pieces. As usual he works his socks off.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He was definitely better as the game went on but honestly he was pretty shocking first half. He was a big reason why as could retain possession or get our attackers in the game. It does show how important his performance is to the team which is why I’d rest him against Chelsea.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Enigma of a player. Yet again gets a goal contribution whilst playing poorly.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Wasn't man of the match, but had his moment(s) when we needed him to.

Can't believe he hit the post.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He stepped it up in the last stages of both halves. Had a positive impact on the outcome. I’m still not the biggest fan of the shape of this midfield in general though.

Paul_Scholes18

Thought he was poor and this was top 3 worst games for us. Missed so many passes and one before they scored the offside goal.
Missed a great chance as well although it was a bit bad luck.
His pressing and movement was worse than normal.
Might be a bit tired.
Still had some good moments too like ahead of the second goal.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Stop attempting that first time passes from wrong positions. He did the exact thing two times back to back and the second one resulted in a goal. This is a coaching thing.

Boy , this guy can run . He was our best runner even at the end. Should have scored that sitter.

Hoddle naming him BT's MOTM just shows what an awful pundit he is

As for Bruno he was better when he cut out the rashness in his play, sometimes you need to keep it simple when you're under the cosh rather than trying the spectacular (that goes for Pogba as well)
Yeah Bruno and Pogba together can either be the best partnership you can wish for else if they both have "one of those days", it's tear your hair out stuff.

Bruno's dogshit rushed desperate pass caused the Palace goal, it was an awful bit of judgement from him. Luckily VAR saved him/us.

Class player, but as you say, at times, get control back first. MOTM was clearly Martial or Rashford.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Gave the ball away a lot, but I'd still happily take that over a player that doesn't attempt to make things happen - of which we have a few.

Did he get credited with the assist for Rashford's goal too? That and the pass leading up to Martial's goal. Even when playing below standards he makes things happen.

United58

I don't mind him losing possession. He is that type of player. Played role in both goals, should have scored too. Took good set pieces. As usual he works his socks off.
Yeah he's a bit like prime Sanchez - he won't hold onto the ball like Xavi or Scholes, but he will create an awful lot of chances. Just look at our goals per game ratio before and after his signing. Plus his work rate off the ball is sensational.

The fecking criticism he's getting already :lol:

Based Adnan

Don't care if he loses the ball as much as he does. His attacking input is clear to see. Important part in both goals once again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hope Woody kept the receipts. Looking like a shadow of his former self for awhile now
:lol:
Bruno's dogshit rushed desperate pass caused the Palace goal, it was an awful bit of judgement from him. Luckily VAR saved him/us.
He won the ball with a great tackle a second before the quick pass. I don't think it was as big a deal as you make it out to be here. Lets not get the pitchforks out like he did something similar to Pogba vs Southampton.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's a consistent spark in attack. It's ridiculous how easily people are already taking that for granted when just 6 months ago that's all we were crying out for.

The best part of his game has been quick, clever lay offs picking up space in the hole, but he's been getting much fewer of those balls in the last couple of games. Part of that's because he's ran himself into the ground every game and he's not picking up those spaces as often, but mostly he's just been less effective because we've found it much harder working it forward.

Matic made a big difference in that sense when he came on. Fred was doing that well pre lockdown but he's been knocked off his game since and McTominay isn't that great at it.

He's been essential even while running on fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.