5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

His chance conversion or lack thereof is embarrassing.

He's scored 9 goals this season but his xG is probably about 25. So many 1v1s, open goals and absolute sitters missed.

Litch

Anyone who knows about about basketball, Bruno reminds me of Westbrook.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
His finishing has been horrid in the last few weeks. Just lacks composure when he used to have it in spades.

NoPace

He plays for himself. A terrible habit for a midfielder. Not just about refusing to square the ball but taking needless shots and wasting the ball in advanced positions. The entire team has to retreat just because he wants to scratch his back. The worst part is the moaning. He's not my teammate but I get the uncontrollable urge to punch him in the face when I see him moaning. He behaves like a twat.
I can't see Erik Ten Hag standing for him. A selfish player.
He plays Berghuis centrally to great success even though he's often anonymous apart from brilliant switches of play. I could see Ten Hag using him on the left and Sancho on the right though, or even as our 9. He'll find a role for him. He and Sancho are the building blocks of our attack the next few years, though the roles are unclear and depend on the manager.

united for life

What he expects from himself is whats important and he wants to be the best. I predicted him "a flop" before he came, purely on the basis of his style. It was easy to see that in a world where the standard of what a nr.10 should be was David Silva, that his erratic forceful style would be misunderstood. What I didn't know was his character and I'd have to say he has completely won me over. I'd say his performances has been average compared to his initial impact, but not by much if we just see numbers.

However, what he brings is such determination and fight to a team that frankly lack so much of it from talented first teamers like Shaw, Rashford, Pogba that I wouldn't even doubt how far we'd been down the table without him. In a lot of games he has carried the offensive line not only creatively but in workrate.He is a proper all round team player and how this seems to gets overlooked by many fans when watching this team is beyond me. I want him to be more confident in others, not just himself but lately he has gotten a better understanding with Elanga. Hopefully we can get a striker in that complements his style. I feel like he tries a lot of those lofted balls because the attackers ask for it when they run in behind but their timing and runs is just terribly poor and by nature Bruno falls into the trap of doing something spectacular when it's not on. He has many qualities but is prone to repeat things, which is amazing when the idea behind it is a good one, however it's quite insane to repeat stuff that never works. Get it sorted, captain.
thank you for this post. Better than the nonsense some fans write over here.

united for life

He plays for himself. A terrible habit for a midfielder. Not just about refusing to square the ball but taking needless shots and wasting the ball in advanced positions. The entire team has to retreat just because he wants to scratch his back. The worst part is the moaning. He's not my teammate but I get the uncontrollable urge to punch him in the face when I see him moaning. He behaves like a twat.
I can't see Erik Ten Hag standing for him. A selfish player.
“ I set up Edinson Cavani because for a striker it is important to score for his confidence, he will be important for us and the first goal will give him confidence.”

This is what he said when he passed the ball to cavani to score despite him being free to score. So NO, he does not play for himself. He always looks for players’ runs to pass the ball. He has created the most chances this season in the premier league and overall has more than 25 assists since joining. NO he is not selfish.

i don’t mind him taking these shots, taking shots from outside the box is normal when you have a team defending with 11 players against you. I would actually like to see Paul, Sancho and others take more attempts from outside the box.

he does not behave like a twat. He is passionate and has a winner’s mentality. I’d also like to see more players show passion on the pitch rather than an indifferent body language.

is bruno perfect? Also no. He is sometimes sloppy on the ball and this needs to improve. I feel this is largely because this man needs a break. His work rate is high and to do this for a full season is impossible. He needs to be rested every now and then, this isn’t happening.

ten hag or any other incoming manager should recognise the talent and leadership in bruno and work with him on improving areas for development. We are lucky to have a player like him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I was thinking what kind of players we need to sign to complement Bruno.

• In midfield I'd prioritize ball retention and playmaking a but as you can't be a team full of risk taking revolutionaries. Someone needs to have a big of composure and known how to keep the ball. And given Bruno under different managers it's hard to see him toning down his 100 miles an hour style.
  • Upfront is more tricky as we lack players who can head the ball (if Ronaldo leaves) but then again with Bruno's pace not being anything great i I womder if thr striker needs to be quick and able to run in behind to make use of the through passes too as a big pre requisite? Ronaldo and Bruno is a very one paced combo which doesn't gel imo.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Also on his mentality, I urge people to watch his post match interview from yesterday. He says it was just one of those days , like 5 times. Says if we played for another 30 minutes probably wouldn't score.

Is that a winners mentality? Takes very little personal responsibility. The way he is always on the ground, rolling around, asking for decisions has already cost us in the past. The shit press he does after losing the ball etc

He's used a bunch of his credit in the bank for me.

hmchan

His lack of composure (not just in front of goal, but throughout the game) is what stopping him from becoming a true world class player.

Terminator

His lack of composure (not just in front of goal, but throughout the game) is what stopping him from becoming a true world class player.
He usually has great composure in front of goal and is a good finisher. I have no clue what has happened over the last 1 month.

hmchan

He usually has great composure in front of goal and is a good finisher. I have no clue what has happened over the last 1 month.
His mentality is a huge problem. When things go against him/the team, he starts to get annoyed and lose composure, and tries to do those silly pressing/meaningless long ball/rush throwin which do the team no good. When you saw how he reacted when he missed those chances yesterday, you knew the game was over.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Also on his mentality, I urge people to watch his post match interview from yesterday. He says it was just one of those days , like 5 times. Says if we played for another 30 minutes probably wouldn't score.

Is that a winners mentality? Takes very little personal responsibility. The way he is always on the ground, rolling around, asking for decisions has already cost us in the past. The shit press he does after losing the ball etc

He's used a bunch of his credit in the bank for me.
Those are the things I find the most pathetic about him, like what he did vs Leeds when they scored, pretended to be seriously injured. He is a bit of a drama queen Bruno

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Chances against City will be much harder to come by. If he maintains his current level of composure then we will score diddly squat. That goes for Ronaldo too

youmeletsfly

I was speaking with a few of my friends, mostly LFC supporters and they were insisting Bruno is kind of done here, he looks mentally shot and frustrated with everyone, especially Cristiano.

While that's not far from the truth, I just want to point a few things:
- First of all, he needs to shut his fecking mouth, he's a 1.70 and 65kg minion. Someone, even one of his teammates, will eventually fecking slap him. He speaks, complains and rolls on the floor like he's some fecking bad ass mf when, like most of our team, he's just a decent player, nothing special. I seriously wanted Lukaku to feck off from United just because he was pointing left and right when he was making a shit ton of mistakes. I'm now growing the same sentiment about Bruno. If you can't man up, admit when you make a mistake and shut up, get the feck out of here and go to Spain where everyone rolls 100 times after a foul.

- Second of all, someone needs to teach him how to press, especially after losing the ball. He just has a weird habit of running around after losing the ball, causing us more problems than we already have. After he does this run about shit, he looks at his teammates and starts complaining.

- Third of all, our attackers need to somehow grow a brain. Half of the passes Bruno fecks up would be successful if we'd have decent forwards with good movement. (I actually think that most of the issue with our attackers and our game play is actually Bruno/Pogba dropping too deep because our CM's are utter shit and can't carry the ball forward and then, instead of combination play with our strikers they just need to find the clever over the top pass to get out of trouble).

- Fourth of all, he needs benching. We literally drew yesterday because, instead of passing to Ronaldo for an open goal, he decided to shoot and it's not the first time he does it. He wants to be the big cojones guy in the team but he doesn't have the presence or the talent to do it.

El Jefe

He shouldn't ever have the captains armband, he's a terrible choice of captain. He's the opposite of a cool head, if anything he's the one that needs to be calmed down and guided on the pitch. It always make me laugh when he berates the younger players for their decision making when he is the biggest culprit of poor decision making in the team. Keane and Cantona would hold you to high standards because you got a certain level of consistence and excellence from them. Bruno just comes off as a moaner with zero self awareness.

There were times yesterday when he got frustrated and in usual Bruno fashion when for a lone press and of course we got opened up because he abandoned his position. The armband puts even more pressure on him to be the hero.

I would be incredibly surprised if he hasn't been twatted across the face by a few of our players in training. His whinging and moaning annoys the hell out of me and I'm not in the pitch.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Probably the most frustrating United player I’ve seen. He goes from brilliant to shit, to brilliant to shit at least ten times a game.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I was thinking what kind of players we need to sign to complement Bruno.

• In midfield I'd prioritize ball retention and playmaking a but as you can't be a team full of risk taking revolutionaries. Someone needs to have a big of composure and known how to keep the ball. And given Bruno under different managers it's hard to see him toning down his 100 miles an hour style.
  • Upfront is more tricky as we lack players who can head the ball (if Ronaldo leaves) but then again with Bruno's pace not being anything great i I womder if thr striker needs to be quick and able to run in behind to make use of the through passes too as a big pre requisite? Ronaldo and Bruno is a very one paced combo which doesn't gel imo.
Will obviously depend on our tactics too but we need new midfielders because the muscle and running combination of McFred, while kind of fitting with Bruno, is very limiting when facing different opponents. I'd say you are spot on. A couple of press resistant quick passers behind him would suit us. Should probably buy two, both capable playing deep as we already have the box to box physical type and running type backup ready.

I think some of his best combination play has come with Cavani up front, but I think Bruno can adapt his creative efforts to suit most strikers. But yeah he needs someone who'll be on the move. I think he would be perfect partner for Haaland particularly who has the will, strength and speed to reach clever speculative passes to a degree that others just can't. If him and Bruno connected, you'd have a few goals between them I'd imagine, no matter opponent.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
If the question is would we be better or worse off without him then many comments on this thread are pointless.
So what's it to be?

1) Better?
2) Worse?

Atheist

He has a tendency to get flustered very easily by mistakes, and I get the sense that it affects him mentally through the rest of the game. That seemed evident in the Watford game.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
By far the least of our problems and hopefully with a functioning attack around him we see the best of him. His work rate is absolutely out of this world. Brilliant footballer.

Lentwood

I heard Neil Warnock say recently he used to fine Adel Taraabt every time he was in his own half, because he was so effective in the opponents half and such a massive liability in his own.

Feel this might apply well to Bruno....

James Peril

By far the least of our problems and hopefully with a functioning attack around him we see the best of him. His work rate is absolutely out of this world. Brilliant footballer.
Bruno Fernandes has scored in 6 out of 26 games this season in the Premier League - that means he has failed to score in 20 out of 26 games. He has assisted in 5 games, he has thus failed to register an assist in 21 out of 26 games. He has assisted and scored at the same time in only one game, which was last week against Leeds. For a very attacking and very involved player dictating most things by default, these are not brilliant numbers at all.

You are not able to see both sides here it seems. Certainly not our biggest problem, but also difficult to know if he is the reason for our other attackers not shining as much as they can. Is he taking up too much space/their space and/or not involving them as much as he could? If so, it is not for certain that better attackers would love to play with him, that chemistry isn't created because he refuses to give up the ball when he should at times, which is very often. His work rate is very good, seemingly, but how successful is his constant chasing, does he leave his own position too often and could it create defensive trouble because he takes on the tasks of other players, who then fall into no man's land? He is in my eyes very unstructured in his work, he needs to be controlled better. Brilliant footballer? In some games yes, in many others not so much. To summarize, he is not consistent, his form goes up and down, we cannot rely on him like City can on de Bruyne, or Liverpool with Salah or Mane, he is far from having their stability. If a player is brilliant or missing in every other game and which has been the case with him this season, he is not a brilliant player period. Consistency and ability to perform against different types of teams = key, his output against better teams is very bad. Both in terms of goals/assists and the eye test.

Good luck to the one having to work with him to become a better player for the team, to raise his lower level, so contain his positioning and so forth. In the end, it might just be very clear that he is our "best" player, but also perhaps out biggest problem when trying to go from good to great as a team.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Bruno Fernandes has scored in 6 out of 26 games this season in the Premier League - that means he has failed to score in 20 out of 26 games. He has assisted in 5 games, he has thus failed to register an assist in 21 out of 26 games. He has assisted and scored at the same time in only one game, which was last week against Leeds. For a very attacking and very involved player dictating most things by default, these are not brilliant numbers at all.

You are not able to see both sides here it seems. Certainly not our biggest problem, but also difficult to know if he is the reason for our other attackers not shining as much as they can. Is he taking up too much space/their space and/or not involving them as much as he could? If so, it is not for certain that better attackers would love to play with him, that chemistry isn't created because he refuses to give up the ball when he should at times, which is very often. His work rate is very good, seemingly, but how successful is his constant chasing, does he leave his own position too often and could it create defensive trouble because he takes on the tasks of other players, who then fall into no man's land? He is in my eyes very unstructured in his work, he needs to be controlled better. Brilliant footballer? In some games yes, in many others not so much. To summarize, he is not consistent, his form goes up and down, we cannot rely on him like City can on de Bruyne, or Liverpool with Salah or Mane, he is far from having their stability. If a player is brilliant or missing in every other game and which has been the case with him this season, he is not a brilliant player period. Consistency and ability to perform against different types of teams = key, his output against better teams is very bad. Both in terms of goals/assists and the eye test.

Good luck to the one having to work with him to become a better player for the team, to raise his lower level, so contain his positioning and so forth. In the end, it might just be very clear that he is our "best" player, but also perhaps out biggest problem when trying to go from good to great as a team.
Not sure why my single comment about him got such a long response, interesting you can confidently tell me what I can and can’t see though. :lol:

Fair enough though, I don’t think he’s perfect but he is one of our best players.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's just few thinking dribbling past players is be all and end all in football and think they are some cool guys who knows this magic formula, rest don't.
Exactly, the fans that believe that Maradona's goal vs England has and will never been done before (whilst it happens quite often).

DeGea’sFeet

Completely agree. Was brilliant the first 4months or so. I think he has generally been poor since and genuinely wonder how long it takes for fans to forget the honeymoon period and turn o nhim a bit (not as an agenda).

Whenever I criticise him I get slaugtered or bombarded with stats bloody stats. Feels like politics of parties using stats to fit there agenda, regardless of what people see with there own eyes.

His desire is great but his attitude recently as been a bit prima donna for me, he has had some great passes still and moments but for most of the games he seems to be so often doing sloppy first touches, so often going for the hollywood ball when it is on or passing it badly when it is.

I like him but I dont love him like so many seem to and you allude to his having to adjust his style, I completely agree, really needs to simplify a lot of his game on the ball and be a tad more disciplined off the ball, gret he presses hard but he does run all over the place.

Dont know if any truth in it, but I did read somewhere that the scouts were a bti split on him as a signing as some felt he was wasteful and gace the ball away a lot. By no means am I sayign we shouldnt have signed him, been a good signing, but I do think he needs to adapt and I genuinely believe he needs competition like everyone else for his spot.
I’ve heard the thing about scouts too. Not just ours but also over clubs.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

I do think his style is a bit domineering so timid players like Sancho fall into his shadow and big egos like Rashford tend to ignore him even more often to establish their prominence. Our attacking chemistry is appalling and Bruno as our central playmaker has to shoulder a lot of blame for that.

But let’s remember what the team was like before he came. It wasn’t free flowing football with all of the attackers spreading their wings. Lingard was a lot more selfless in his movement and use of the ball but feck me we struggled to pick a difficult pass before Bruno came.

I think he has a lot of faults and the idolisation is a bit weird, but it’s easy to be grateful for the good things that he brings because we were shocking at them before. I think we have a hard time accepting that as a team we’ve just been in a very bad state for a long time. So we’re taking it out mostly on the players who can clearly play at a higher level.

Greck

Everyone wants patterns of play till it's their favourite being asked to change his game. You just want it to fall from the sky? There's nothing controversial about asking your 10 to play in a way that conforms with high percentage chance creation, cos that's the point of organised play. Spending all game playing diagonals to the furthest man forward isn't winning jack. We're just supposed to set up to help Bruno pad his stats?

Let's take a leaf from the others in those stats, getting high chance creation without compromising their team's possession style. Shouldn't be a pick one situation for us. We absolutely shouldn't build our attack around him while he plays like Nani 2.0. This isn't sustainable for success. Our results will be as erratic as his passing. He must be the one to adjust to the system of the next manager, especially if it's Ten Haag. No one should be built around, not Ronaldo, not Bruno, not Rashford, not Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.