6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I've noticed the last 4-5 weeks. You can't say he's good and leave it at that, it's always in spite of something. Just accept he's our best player, you were wrong and move on
I literally just said he was world class today you wet wipe.

He's a polarizing player at times (there are literally thousands of comments back and forth on him in threads on this forum), and me emphasizing why games like today are so much more notable than other performances is just explaining how probably many of the "haters" feel when they aren't convinced by him at the highest level. It's not about being right or wrong, all of us just want United to get back to competing at the highest level. If he plays more like he has today (or even recent weeks, it's been a much different style in general in which he's shown better composure) then there is 0 doubt we can compete with any team in the world. Sorry I'm not just going to come in and get on my knees for a player constantly just because they've "been our best player" (as if that protects them from any sort of criticism I guess?)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Games like today is why fans love him so much. He's been far more careful with the ball of late and it's made a huge difference to overall performance.

Superb today.

El Jefe

Put on a passing clinic today, deserved at least a goal and an assist.

Showed that his best role is still as the AM.

BelfastRed2021

Absolute nonsense some of the posts in this thread regarding Thursday we had much more control with Bruno on the field and its not Brunos fault for Mlacia and Maguire costing us the game some people havent got a clue just watch how he controlled todays match with another MOM performance swear the absolute state of people if we didnt have Bruno this season i can assure you we would be in mid table enough of the friggen agendas

kundalini

Had a lot of good moments and a couple of awful passes to Forest players. Surprised he didn't end up with a goal or an assist. Navas produced some super saves to prevent Bruno from scoring. Several dangerous crosses too. Might have done better with his header wide from Eriksen's cross.

arnie_ni

Top class today. I've been really impressed with him since ETH dropped him deeper. He's gained more control and he kept that control in the 10 role today and still had all the killer passes to go with it.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
We really are a grumpy bunch for him. His stat vs messi since joining underlines how important he is and doesnt get the gratitude. Ultimate grafter.

Pickle85

Brilliant today. He's been excellent slightly deeper and remains one of our most important players.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Bruno has shown several times that he's intelligent and hears the criticism and tries to do better. Well done, Bruno.

(except about the way he scores the penalties. he shouldn't had paid attention to those that criticized his peculiar way of scoring them. the only times he failed, was when he tried to do it differently)

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Much as I dislike his antics in past games I was very impressed with him today both for his undoubted soccer skills but also his leadership.

Sylar

This guy should have so many more assists than he already has. The amount of chances he creates. Once we get a top striker who likes to score, I think we will see Brunos numbers increase

I think he had only one bad pass I can remember (which somehow they managed to get a shot from after Dalots bad first touch.

MattofManchester

He's so unlucky. Maybe unlucky is not the right word, but the amount of times he's a mere centimeters away from the ball being in the net is ridiculous.

He's hit the post a fair few times recently as well.

So many of his chances would be worldies if they went in.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Pretty crazy that it will be only the 24th game of his United Career he won't have started in. So that means he's started 162 out of a possible 185 United games. Even more mental when you think that was through covid with the insane scheduling. He is a machine.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pretty crazy that it will be only the 24th game of his United Career he won't have started in. So that means he's started 162 out of a possible 185 United games. Even more mental when you think that was through covid with the insane scheduling. He is a machine.
And availability is such an underrated trait of a player. You would think after losing Eriksen and Casemiro people would learn to appreciate it. I would take 70% fit Casemiro over any other midfielder we have. In the case of Bruno yes he makes erratic passes (not been the case recently) but him being always available, even with those passes is still miles better than Fred/McTominay/Sabitzer. When you have something so easily available, your appreciation become less, it's the same with Evra back then.

NoPace

What a pass on the first goal. Not even sure Eriksen has that in him.

Martial

A performance that no one can possibly deny, although the same few tiresome likes of @zaafi have tried.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He didn't start 24 games? I thought it was less than 10.

Belisarius

This is such an under-rated but incredibly important characteristic. And he doesn't just start the games, most of the time he finishes them as well and runs hard while he's playing.

criticalanalysis

His appearance bonuses must be :drool:

Ludens the Red

Bruno has shown several times that he's intelligent and hears the criticism and tries to do better. Well done, Bruno.

(except about the way he scores the penalties. he shouldn't had paid attention to those that criticized his peculiar way of scoring them. the only times he failed, was when he tried to do it differently)
Yup, no doubt since the Liverpool game he’s gone up a level. He’s also definitely improved his general on pitch behaviour after the criticism. Far less whinging, diving and gesturing..

stoinz

Imagine we have someone like Haaland, this guy would be registering 2-3 x time the assists. Hopefully we get a proper striker next year.

Alemar

He's so unlucky. Maybe unlucky is not the right word, but the amount of times he's a mere centimeters away from the ball being in the net is ridiculous.
Absolutely, many shots hit the post, many shots result in fantastic GK saves, and sometimes shots also go a few centimetres wide. Also, we severely underperform in penalties awarded this year, so of course he could have got several more goals from the spot as well

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I told you after the last 2 games, this little bit of experience in deep midfield will be very beneficial for him. He seems totally unfazed by swithing from midfield to attacking role to wide right. He's fantastic and also I believe we can call him an actual "midfielder" now (I always thought of him like a pure attacker, be his game is much more all-round now without losing any threat).

Lyng

I have gone from annoyed at him losing the ball at times to simply loving him. He also seems to have learned from the Liverpool game. He seems much more composed lately and man the passes he sprays. We desperately need a striker who is clinical and Brunos assists will skyrocket.

zaafi

A performance that no one can possibly deny, although the same few tiresome likes of @zaafi have tried.
He absolutely was the best player on the pitch, but I don't think he controlled it in the sense of how Eriksen controlled it with his accuracy and calmness. But again, Bruno was the best player on the pitch and deservedly MotM!
Exactly this. If you don't want this Bruno playing every match in your team, then you've just made up your mind about him and nothing can convince you.
What a weirdo you are @Martial :lol: You happen to be a certain poster's boyfriend by any chance?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Always been class. People love to hate on one of the few good things we have.

redcucumber

Much as I dislike his antics in past games I was very impressed with him today both for his undoubted soccer skills but also his leadership.
Ah this gets so overblown with Bruno, moreso than with any other individual in football. Players, managers etc they mouth off, they get upset, they gesticulate. The bizarre singling out of Bruno is very silly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Loving the way Bruno is playing at the moment. I think Ten Hag has channelled his game for the better and he has been first and foremost, very good in midfield. He’s doing a lot more of the basics, linking play across the pitch, and even dropping a shoulder here and there when closed now! This hasn’t really come at the detriment of chance creation.

Definitely gone up a level of late for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.