Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I have gone from annoyed at him losing the ball at times to simply loving him. He also seems to have learned from the Liverpool game. He seems much more composed lately and man the passes he sprays. We desperately need a striker who is clinical and Brunos assists will skyrocket.
Goof man yourself. Refreshing to see someone revise their opinion on a player when so many others constantly double down instead (one of whom has been conspicuous by his absence from this thread over the last couple of weeks)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What a pass on the first goal. Not even sure Eriksen has that in him.
A genuinely brilliant pass which looks far easier than it actually was! To get that perfectly weighted into the path of martial first time is sublime.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A genuinely brilliant pass which looks far easier than it actually was! To get that perfectly weighted into the path of martial first time is sublime.
With his weaker foot as well, whilst slightly off balance.

redcucumber

He feels like a really rare player. Ridiculously dogged and determined, does not stop running from start to finish, available for basically every single game season on season, and matches all that with first rate ability on the ball, vision, and finesse. He's on 23 goal contributions this season so far (according to WhoScored) so will likely end with 30+ which is impressive given he's been shunted much deeper for large parts of the season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Loving the way Bruno is playing at the moment. I think Ten Hag has channelled his game for the better and he has been first and foremost, very good in midfield. He’s doing a lot more of the basics, linking play across the pitch, and even dropping a shoulder here and there when closed now! This hasn’t really come at the detriment of chance creation.

Definitely gone up a level of late for me.
Agreed. He has been excellent and his decision making has been at a different level. The first time I noticed a change was the first game against Barcelona.

romufc

With his weaker foot as well, whilst slightly off balance.
This is the reason I do not mind Bruno losing the ball time to time, most players who have a 90% pass accuracy there would recycle the ball

When the ball drops in the final third, Bruno only has 1 thing in his mind, put it through for someone. Ofcourse, as football fans, we know that they cant always come off, but when they do, its a goal scoring chance.

Even the goal Sabitzer scored, watching it live, most players would have played to Martial wide, safe easy option, but no, we have Bruno, he doesnt want the easy pass.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is the reason I do not mind Bruno losing the ball time to time, most players who have a 90% pass accuracy there would recycle the ball

When the ball drops in the final third, Bruno only has 1 thing in his mind, put it through for someone. Ofcourse, as football fans, we know that they cant always come off, but when they do, its a goal scoring chance.

Even the goal Sabitzer scored, watching it live, most players would have played to Martial wide, safe easy option, but no, we have Bruno, he doesnt want the easy pass.
Yep. He's one of few who knows at that moment he has to play that pass first time. And not only does he spot it but he executes it flawlessly.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He also made so many runs through the middle that just weren't seen because players were running looking at their feet. Must be very frustrating.

romufc

Just putting this here.
The funny thing about this is, Bruno is top 3 of that list in every season he been here with us, yet alot of our fans think he is super inconsistent and we cant win trophies with him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Loving the way Bruno is playing at the moment. I think Ten Hag has channelled his game for the better and he has been first and foremost, very good in midfield. He’s doing a lot more of the basics, linking play across the pitch, and even dropping a shoulder here and there when closed now! This hasn’t really come at the detriment of chance creation.

Definitely gone up a level of late for me.

Agreed. He has been excellent and his decision making has been at a different level. The first time I noticed a change was the first game against Barcelona.
Yeah, I'm one of the few who never had any issues with player losing the ball when they are trying to create, so i always defended the player/s who tries. But there is a good change in the player, he has retained almost all of his good qualities and added more, or at least showing it now.

He is measured in his approach, always helps when you have players like Eriksen and also Antony lately who has been very good in retaining, recycling possession with constant movement. EtH has done awesome job in general, even more so when it comes to elevating few players and their best qualities.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

What a weirdo you are @Martial :lol: You happen to be a certain poster's boyfriend by any chance?
A poster points out that you have been overly critical of a United player: 'OMG you're so obsessed with me!'
Another poster makes the same point: 'OMG you must be that poster's boyfriend!'

The rationale of a child. No wonder your player assessments are so wide off the mark.

youngrell

No surprise that he's looking better again with the re-introduction of Martial and Eriksen. Both help him immensely. Very enjoyable performance from him.

jem

Goof man yourself. Refreshing to see someone revise their opinion on a player when so many others constantly double down instead (one of whom has been conspicuous by his absence from this thread over the last couple of weeks)
More than one has been conspicuously absent in the last few weeks - I just don't get it: you're dealing with a bunch of people on the internet, most of whom you'll never meet. Why the reluctance to put your hands up and admit you're wrong? I did it with Rashford and am now well on the way to doing it with Wan Bissaka.

Anyway, I agree that it is indeed refreshing to see some revising their opinion on Bruno. He's flawed, but it's scary to think where we'd be without him.

Lyng

I think its very important to be fair. Ultimately any critique of a player should be based on us wanting him to do better / for United to do better. Its wholy weird to me to see posters seemingly getting annoyed when Bruno / De Gea / Maguire etc have a good game.

sifi36

That Opta tweet is interesting; I've normalised it for minutes played and surprise, surprise: Bruno is the best in the league.
  • Gross and Rodri stand out as the two deeper midfielders, with the majority of their involvements being in build-up rather than chances created or shots taken. They play in the two of the best systematic attacking units in the league, so not surprising to see those two make the list
  • Of the forwards in the list, Saka and March are very balanced, where Salah, Martinelli and Kane skew more towards shots
  • Bruno and KDB are well clear of everyone else, Odegaard isn't quite on either of their level, when looking solely at attacking midfielders

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
More than one has been conspicuously absent in the last few weeks - I just don't get it: you're dealing with a bunch of people on the internet, most of whom you'll never meet. Why the reluctance to put your hands up and admit you're wrong? I did it with Rashford and am now well on the way to doing it with Wan Bissaka.

Anyway, I agree that it is indeed refreshing to see some revising their opinion on Bruno. He's flawed, but it's scary to think where we'd be without him.
Same same.

And when you’re wrong to write off a player at a club you support, surely admitting the error of your ways is something to look forward to?

Dalot looking like my next slice of humble pie. Fingers crossed!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

How come KdB play ~400 minutes less than anyone in that list? Has he been injured a lot this season?
There was a spell in Jan/Feb where Pep was trying to be clever by dropping him. I remember them losing 1-0 to Spurs whilst he was sat on the bench. Hopefully if we reach the FA Cup final Pep does something similar.

Raw

How come KdB play ~400 minutes less than anyone in that list? Has he been injured a lot this season?
Not really, City have the luxury to not need him for 90 minutes every week. He was benched for 2 games so that's 180 minutes right there.

JuriM

He was a bit off before WC and after WC so he didn't play as much for City either. City had the luxury to not play him. Now Foden has been off form and injured, if he is coming back to form he is another one to count on. Their depth is just insane in the midfield and attacking department.

The United

Since some people are commenting about KDB, I read a few weeks ago that Pep stated that they wanted him to play a certain way. When I saw it, I thought it was funny because I thought he meant that KDB lost the ball too much. That's what we said when people complained about Bruno losing the ball. So if Pep started playing him again, it means KDB accepted Pep's way or that Pep had to swallow it and use him for his creativity.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Just imagine if he had someone like Haaland to create chances for.
Our finishing this season has been shocking at times. It's crazy to think what Bruno's assist count would be with a super clinical striker ahead of him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thanks for the thoughtful replies.

There was a spell in Jan/Feb where Pep was trying to be clever by dropping him. I remember them losing 1-0 to Spurs whilst he was sat on the bench. Hopefully if we reach the FA Cup final Pep does something similar.
I like your optimism of us getting to the Final. Although he's more than likely stick to that formation that beat us by 6-3.

Not really, City have the luxury to not need him for 90 minutes every week. He was benched for 2 games so that's 180 minutes right there.
He was a bit off before WC and after WC so he didn't play as much for City either. City had the luxury to not play him. Now Foden has been off form and injured, if he is coming back to form he is another one to count on. Their depth is just insane in the midfield and attacking department.
Since some people are commenting about KDB, I read a few weeks ago that Pep stated that they wanted him to play a certain way. When I saw it, I thought it was funny because I thought he meant that KDB lost the ball too much. That's what we said when people complained about Bruno losing the ball. So if Pep started playing him again, it means KDB accepted Pep's way or that Pep had to swallow it and use him for his creativity.
It seems like just KdB being off form for a while. RVP had that period with us, Carrick always started slowly, but they're all finish(-ed) the season strongly, when things reaching finale.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's absolutely fecking mint. By far one of our best and most important players. He's been different gravy the last 4/5 games especially. Will miss him a lot on Thursday.

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto

I’ve watched a LOT of football throughout the years and Bruno is the best I’ve seen at through balls. Quantity and quality.

I bought his shirt (Portugal version) a couple of weeks ago. Stud of a player

NotQuiteManc

When he in form and "in control" (as in maintaining his composure/focus), he is an outstanding player to watch. When his emotions get the better of him, and he loses focus, then he is very annoying to watch. Either way, he is absolutely a key player for this team. How much was it? 50 million? A steal!

Eddy_JukeZ

Some of his performances this season have been superb. He's not scoring as much, but he's put in the best performances of his United career IMO.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some of his performances of late - Nottingham Forest and the home game awhile back where he played deeper (Leicester?) - has seen him show a level of control and precision to his game that I don’t think I’ve seen before. He’s been an excellent player for us throughout but this improvement is what he needs to become truly top class.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This reminds of that season with Zlatan where those Pogba compilations were floating around. It's been too long we had a seriously prolific attack
It’s not really been seriously prolific since 2012 if it not mistaken

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It’s not really been seriously prolific since 2012 if it not mistaken
SGSGCGD
12/13864343
13/14644321
14/15623725
15/16493514
16/17542925
17/18682840
18/19655411
19/20663630
20/21734429
21/2257570
22/2346379
Average634023
Only once in the past 10 years did we score more than 70 goals if you exclude SAF's last title. Last season was mad :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.