6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Once again a game we looked absolutely atrocious going forward without Bruno in the team. The haters in this thread need to put some respect on his name. You don’t know what you have till it’s gone.

Today reeked of the blunt attacks we used to have with Lingard, Mata and perraira before we signed Bruno.

simplyared

Without this guy in our team we're fecked. It was there to be seen today. We can talk about the absence of Casemiro, Rashford, Martinez, Varane etc but lose Bruno and we don't work as a team. He's as important to our current team as Erik was back then.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a very small sample size but we really tend to look useless whenever he isn't playing. Not perfect... But he's a quality player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Do people now understand why Ten Hag never rotates or rests Bruno?

The United

It's a very small sample size but we really tend to look useless whenever he isn't playing. Not perfect... But he's a quality player.
It is because he always plays.

But that small sample is enough to say that we need more creativity in the team and players with a better attitude. So for some fans to argue, "We should try to get rid of Burno to see how much better we will play," is absurd because he is the least of our problems even if our quality continues to improve in the coming years (provided he keeps his quality).

Sylar

The villa game came to mind immediately.

But then I thought, hold on, he got subbed last week and we saw what it was like without him. The one positive is that he will be 'fresher' against Brighton and we have a chance of seeing him, eriksen and casemiro as a three again

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

5 or 6 stinkers and a lot of really average ones. His performances are so incredibly inconsistent it really is hurting this team.
Yeah, that inconsistency has really been hurting us hasn't it. Let's take him out of the team and see how well we perform...

Irwin99

Feels like we need a massive massive performance from him at the weekend with our squad issues. A huge loss for us to be without him in that second leg defeat.

croadyman

Once again a game we looked absolutely atrocious going forward without Bruno in the team. The haters in this thread need to put some respect on his name. You don’t know what you have till it’s gone.

Today reeked of the blunt attacks we used to have with Lingard, Mata and perraira before we signed Bruno.
Yeah hands up he was monumental miss

Strelok

Of course we can't be sure if Bruno would have make things different but truth is we create feck all and look so clueless going forward without him. And there's basically no intensity, no desire. He's our true captain armband or not.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Of course we can't be sure if Bruno would have make things different but truth is we create feck all and look so clueless going forward without him. And there's basically no intensity, no desire. He's our true captain armband or not.
I think we can be sure it would be different without a doubt.

Cloud7

Regardless of how I feel about him, which I have made known in the past, we are fecking useless without him in the team. This is something that the manager needs to work on with hopefully some new players and more time. A team that can become better when Bruno isn't there will likely overall be better when he is there as well.

Glorio

Not saying we wouldn't had shipped some goals with the mood the chuckle brothers at the back were in, but we would have created a shedload more, I feel.

There's a decisiveness in the final third he possesses that others don't

zaafi

Yeah, that inconsistency has really been hurting us hasn't it. Let's take him out of the team and see how well we perform...
Did he not play when we lost 7-0 to Liverpool?

To be honest, I don't think even prime Messi would have helped us last night. It was such a shameful performance by literally every single player (bar Antony) that it has left me speechless. Even if Bruno had created 10 chances yesterday, there would be no one to finish them. Disgraceful performance by everyone and if it was up to me, I'd have them pay the away fans with their own money :lol:

Last edited:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Put some respect on this man’s name. I can’t believe people have been saying we’re better without him etc.

I’ve never seen our midfield look so ineffective as it was last night without him.

romufc

Still to this day, I cant figure out the fans who say, we wont win anything with Bruno... At the moment, we cant win a football game without him, let alone trophies.

Also, I get yesterday's performance was bad, Bruno wouldn't have changed it, but what I can guarantee is Bruno would have created 2/3 chances in the game for us to get back in it.

That is the difference, Bruno will still be effective regardless of how he plays in the game

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
People who don't like Bruno will have to move on to the next argument agains't him: we're too dependent on Bruno, we can't evolve as a team with him. Sell him!

El Jefe

Has anyone actually said we'd be better without him in the team?

I'm pretty sure the argument for those not in favour of Bruno would be constructing the team without him after this year or probably the year after. That is what I believe has been the main debate.

Let's also be real, Varane and Martinez were just as much of a miss yesterday if not more.

If there are posters that wanted Bruno dropped then by all means gloat but I haven't really seen that here, at least not in the recent past.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Like I’ve always said he is bad for us. We can’t function without him due to the fact our attack is built around his unique skill set.

If Eriksen or Casemiro had thumped the ball 3 or 4 times forward at specific times the dynamics of the whole game would have changed. The unpredictable/gung-ho nature of his decision making is a key relief point for this team as a whole.

We really need to move away from this dependency. This is not about selling or dropping him. It’s a matter of moving the attacking points away from him and let him be the cream instead of the coffee.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Like I’ve always said he is bad for us. We can’t function without him due to the fact our attack is built around his unique skill set.

If Eriksen or Casemiro had thumped the ball 3 or 4 times forward at specific times the dynamics of the whole game would have changed. The unpredictable/gung-ho nature of his decision making is a key relief point for this team as a whole.

We really need to move away from this dependency. This is not about selling or dropping him. It’s a matter of moving the attacking points away from him and let him be the cream instead of the coffee.
That isn't what Bruno does, he just had better vision and execution that both players

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

To be honest, I don't think even prime Messi would have helped us last night. It was such a shameful performance by literally every single player (bar Antony) that it has left me speechless. Even if Bruno had created 10 chances yesterday, there would be no one to finish them. Disgraceful performance by everyone and if it was up to me, I'd have them pay the away fans with their own money :lol:
Fair comment. I do however think that Bruno is one of those players who can galvanise others and raise the performance levels of his teammates. If he was there yesterday to create 10 chances, it might've forced Martial to get himself on the end of one of the chances, even if it likely results in him pulling his hamstring after 20 minutes!

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Roy Keane couldn’t have done anything about last night beyond getting himself sacked in the post match interview.

Lyng

Did he not play when we lost 7-0 to Liverpool?

The main reason Bruno would have made a difference is because of how our midfield functions.
It is actually extremely fragile but given the lack of quality here we are.

Eriksen is a AM. But he can work as a very effective 8 in a very specific setup where you have a world class 6 next to him and a player in front of him who reads the game as well as he does AND has a mix of high energy, movement and vision. I dont think there are any players better with that specific mix than Bruno.
Both Eriksen and Casemiro need Bruno to be there as a station to pass to, and as someone who will harass opponents.

Without Bruno that midfield crumbles due to both of them not being very press resistant.
This is also why the difference between us with those 3 together in midfield and without is almost night and day.

jackal&hyde

Some hipster journalists say we need to move away from Bruno because he loses the ball too much and is not always tactically disciplined. The state of football journalists these days is down there with modern film critics.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The main reason Bruno would have made a difference is because of how our midfield functions.

Eriksen is a AM. But he can work as a very effective 8 in a very specific setup where you have a world class 6 next to him and a player in front of him who reads the game as well as he does AND has a mix of high energy, movement and vision. I dont think there are any players better with that specific mix than Bruno.
Both Eriksen and Casemiro need Bruno to be there as a station to pass to, and as someone who will harass opponents.

Without Bruno that midfield crumbles due to both of them not being very press resistant.
This is also why the difference between us with those 3 together in midfield and without is almost night and day.
Yeah, agreed. Let’s also remember the great work Bruno does without the ball. In terms of his relentless pressing and unusually high number of tackles for the role he plays. Which compensates for Eriksen’s weakness in this regard. When he is missing the opposition is always a lot more comfortable in possession.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, agreed. Let’s also remember the great work Bruno does without the ball. In terms of his relentless pressing and unusually high number of tackles for the role he plays. Which compensates for Eriksen’s weakness in this regard. When he is missing the opposition is always a lot more comfortable in possession.
Also his off the ball movement when we have possession is exceptional, he is always an easy option for Eriksen or FBs to pass the ball to.

zaafi

Fair comment. I do however think that Bruno is one of those players who can galvanise others and raise the performance levels of his teammates. If he was there yesterday to create 10 chances, it might've forced Martial to get himself on the end of one of the chances, even if it likely results in him pulling his hamstring after 20 minutes!
Yup. In that sense, he actually reminds me of Keane in how his team mates didn't want to feck up and put in more effort because they knew he would be on to them if they didn't, so I think it's fair to give Bruno credit for that.

Martial, in the amateur performance he put out last night, probably wouldn't have scored but having Bruno would certainly improve his chances. Seems like Martial isn't capable of working in this team without him, similarly to other players in the team.
One thing is certain, and that is that he needs replacing, whether it's Kane, Osimhen, Højlund or Ferguson. A centre forward that actually has the instincts of a striker and someone that knows how to move in and around the box to be at the end of the chances we create would give us a lot more goals.

buckooo1978

Im hoping he put in a Forest standard performance

Not many times has he dominated and dictated a game like that. There's much more to his game than goals and assists and we need him to lead on Sunday

zaafi

I agree, but I just don't understand the difference in quality when it comes to Eriksen because we're missing Bruno. I didn't watch a lot of Brentford last season, but I was under the impression he did very well for them and he played in a similar position to how he does for us, so why is it that a player of his quality with his skillset and natural ability suddenly become so bad?

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Bruno is a magician. Our quarterback or point guard that kick starts just about everything we do offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.