Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He doesn't know how to retain the ball / do midfield play. He's a final final third player only. One of those players I can never fully trust in the buildup. Keeps trying flicks and passes to Ronaldo which aren't on, or over / hitting relatively easy passes.

Mindhunter

He was basically running on fumes. Desperately needs rest which he will hopefully get next week as he will be suspended.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
With Bruno missing the next game, I’d imagine it be eriksen, Fred and Casemiro.

Castia

He must lose the ball about 20 times a game he’s shocking on the ball and that shouldn’t be acceptable for a player in his position.

He needs to get back to what he’s good at - getting in the box and being a goal threat

Tony247

Stank up the place today. Especially last 20 seconds he found the ball and instead of simply retaining he tried trademark hollywood pass. Can be such a dumb player. Almost cost us the game there.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Played 1454 minutes this season out of 1530 possible - 95%. It's madness we don't even try to field a team without him despite him being very hot and cold week in week out.

Takes 5 yellow cards for him NOT to start a game. Next week setup will be very interesting.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In the last min his decision to pass the ball central when he had easy option next to him must be the dumbest decision this season, luckily didn't cost the game.

BerryBerryShrew

In the last min his decision to pass the ball central when he had easy option next to him must be the dumbest decision this season, luckily didn't cost the game.
I was livid with that. For a clever player, he doesn't half make some stupid decisions.

CloneMC16

Played 1454 minutes this season out of 1530 possible - 95%. It's madness we don't even try to field a team without him despite him being very hot and cold week in week out.

Takes 5 yellow cards for him NOT to start a game. Next week setup will be very interesting.
Yeah, him and Dalot have played too many minutes this season. I think the break will probably do him good. VDB is back and will probably get a game.

Dominos

Some of our play in those last 10 minutes was just unbelievable really, it was like our players had a bet on West Ham to score. So many utterly brainless players in this team.

BarryWinks

He's a strange player, Bruno. I'm not one of those who want him out of the club/team because I think he has a unique skillset that is useful to this team - to most team. BUT I have never seen a player make so much rushed decision on the ball in my life. Many times today when the easy option was the better option, especially when Westham had grown into it in that second half and we needed to control the tempo and take the sting out, he kept passing towards the center or crossfield towards a wingback, the worst options everytime!

I also think us misplacing square passes in the final third is partly due to Bruno always being too far forward creating a big void between midfield and attack where you'd naturally expect Bruno to occupy. We do it so often in games that I'm thinking that is a planned passing move that he lets break due to his indiscipline keeping his position. Weird player.

atkar83

Was he the one who gave the ball away at around the midfield in the dying seconds by passing the ball back into the middle of the field? It cost us two chances against. He can't be on the field when defending a lead

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yeah, him and Dalot have played too many minutes this season. I think the break will probably do him good. VDB is back and will probably get a game.
Dalot I can understand. We don't have anyone else. But we could EASILY field a Bruno-free team. Just play 3 man midfield with Eriksen and Fred. We just never choose to drop Bruno.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Best thing he did was nod the ball to Eriksen in the build up to Rashford's goal. Worst he's played for United this season.

kundalini

1 shot blocked, 1 key pass, numerous terrible decisions when in possession, especially in the 2nd half.

The decision to take Elanga off then use Fernandes on the right, doesn't work if Bruno plays too centrally, as we have no-one on the right touch-line, given that our full-backs seem to be instructed to play inside.

Djemba-Djemba

He looked exhausted.

I love Bruno but he was sending me mental at the end with how fecking sloppy he was on the ball.

Was screaming just keep the ball and he was just casually giving it back to West Ham, we really got away with it.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Had a bad game. It happens. Don't understand why he gets the hate that he does.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Best thing he did was nod the ball to Eriksen in the build up to Rashford's goal. Worst he's played for United this season.
There was an other when that led to a chance on the left side. I really like him when he focuses on being a short range distributor things get weird when he tries to be more expensive which is a bit ironic since he has a good shot and good technique when it comes to long passes but he has no clue about how to make good use of it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
1 shot blocked, 1 key pass, numerous terrible decisions when in possession, especially in the 2nd half.

The decision to take Elanga off then use Fernandes on the right, doesn't work if Bruno plays too centrally, as we have no-one on the right touch-line.
Not only that, he is also no threat on the counter, can't dribble, and is not good defensively. I struggle to understand the idea behind keeping him in the team just for the sake of it.
He assisted nicely vs Sheriff but we were totally dominant then.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There was an other when that led to a chance on the left side. I really like him when he focuses on being a short range distributor things get weird when he tries to be more expensive which is a bit ironic since he has a good shot and good technique when it comes to long passes but he has no clue about how to make good use of it.
I actually thought his short passing was pretty bad today too. It's not like they all went wrong. Just that he seemed to make some very odd choices in some good positions. I am not sure he's at his best when Ronaldo comes hunting the ball deep either. All gets very congested.

We need an rvn

He looked exhausted.

I love Bruno but he was sending me mental at the end with how fecking sloppy he was on the ball.

Was screaming just keep the ball and he was just casually giving it back to West Ham, we really got away with it.
I swear i could feel my hair follicles die when I saw that pass into the centre circle to a West Ham player on 92.5 minutes instead of playing to rashford (I believe who was bombing down the left wing)

amazingly bad decision that could have cost us

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I actually thought his short passing was pretty bad today too. It's not like they all went wrong. Just that he seemed to make some very odd choices in some good positions. I am not sure he's at his best when Ronaldo comes hunting the ball deep either. All gets very congested.
He will always take weird decisions, he is more instinctive than calculative. I didn't really had issues with his passing or his decisions on the ball, I had bigger issues with the positions that he generally took or didn't took.

Djemba-Djemba

I swear i could feel my hair follicles die when I saw that pass into the centre circle to a West Ham player on 92.5 minutes instead of playing to rashford (I believe who was bombing down the left wing)

amazingly bad decision that could have cost us
Yeah exactly.

And even if he doesn't pass to Rashford, just keep it. Hold onto it, there's 30 seconds left.

Passing it blind back into the centre of the pitch is just incredible stupidity. And we almost paid for it.

criticalanalysis

He was basically running on fumes. Desperately needs rest which he will hopefully get next week as he will be suspended.
This. It's fair to be critical of Bruno but I think the overriding factor for a lot of players, who were performing below par today is just fatigue. Even Martinez and Casemiro was a bit sloppy with the ball today.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I expected he would struggle today. Declan Rice is usually good at snuffing out the spaces between the lines where the creative midfielders operate into. As it is often the case, when things don't go his way, Bruno began moving into areas and occupying spaces that made little to no sense in the context of what we try to do as a team. I agree that he looked knackered, though. It doesn't help, either, that when Ronaldo starts, we're basically playing with ten men.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sloppy as feck today, though I'll give him a pass as he's been on his best run of form in a long time. Will miss next weekend so I'm curious to see what we do without him.

EtH

I hope Eriksen starts in the hole with Fred and Casemiro behind him and we look as good as I think we could with that midfield.

Would give the manager something to think about at the very least.

Robaldo

He's a very different player with Ronaldo in the team: constantly playing like his friend in the year above has joined him on the playground. Not sure why he's not been dropped/why it feels like he's untouchable.

Bar the Arsenal game he's been bad this season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, he’s more of a final third medium/short passer. He’s definitely not got the long ball like an Eriksen or a PP has in their locker

dal

I can’t blame Bruno really its our strikers, he always has a stinker when ronaldo plays. His front men keep changing its hard for him to adjust his play.

NoPace

He will always take weird decisions, he is more instinctive than calculative. I didn't really had issues with his passing or his decisions on the ball, I had bigger issues with the positions that he generally took or didn't took.
I think Ten Hag might just try to work on him keeping it simple far more often. He puts in a shift for the team and can create goals and assists, and while Bruno is way more of an all or nothing player than one who helps control the game like all the Ten Hag signings are good at, he's got the aggression and quality Ten Hag wants.

I think it's possible he's a calmer player next year in a team where he starts to realize he doesn't need to do everything himself, which to be fair he has had to do at Sporting and for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.