g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Bruno Fernandes image 8

Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Jesus. You’ve slated other players for 80% pass completion never mind 74% topped with costly, repeated, senseless, useless flicks giving away possession in his own half leading to our best player by a mile being banned for the Arsenal game.
a) Bullshit. I haven’t. b) Positions matter, 74% for an AM is absolutely fine. c) I don’t know why I’m replying. You’re a lost cause. No wonder you ignored the rest of those stats.

Side note. Bruno made 5 tackles against Palace. Can you find one game from Paul Pogba’s entire United career where he made that many tackles, playing in central midfield?

Last edited:

Mr.Hik

Liability.
Can keep the ball to save his life. We would be miles better with someone who can take a take a breath. He is like my kids on sugar, no composure at all.

Canagel

Just back from a weeks ban from mods for not thinking Bruno has been great for the last two years.

Perhaps I should toe the party line more :lol:
The level of protection he is given on this board for serving up abysmal performances is astonishing. Never seen a more protected player in my life.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
a) Bullshit. I haven’t. b) Positions matter, 74% for an AM is absolutely fine. c) I don’t know why I’m replying. You’re a lost cause. No wonder you ignored the rest of those stats.

Side note. Bruno made 5 tackles against Palace. Can you find one game from Paul Pogba’s entire United career where he made that many tackles, playing in central midfield?
Sorry you’re correct. It was 89% pass completion that you were critical of.

Probably if I spent time looking but what is your point? It’s ok to cost the team on a regular basis with ridiculous flicks in your own half if you meet a threshold for tackles?

Anyway...Mods win. I’m out of this thread. I’ll only post on Bruno’s good games in future. Hopefully on a regular basis.

Gottabekiddingme

I want the best for this club. Meaning, players that can play at the highest of highest levels. Can you imagine how Bruno will fair against the likes of Kroos & Modric in a high pressure CL final? They'll run circles around him. There's a certain composure required with the elite. OK, this season it's not possible, but Bruno should be a bench player at best next season and out of the club in 2-3 years.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
I want the best for this club. Meaning, players that can play at the highest of highest levels. Can you imagine how Bruno will fair against the likes of Kroos & Modric in a high pressure CL final? They'll run circles around him. There's a certain composure required with the elite. OK, this season it's not possible, but Bruno should be a bench player at best next season and out of the club in 2-3 years.
You gotta be kidding?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing to say here that hasn’t been said a billion times over. Especially in big games

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Worked hard and played some good passes in behind to Rashford, but not as good as last week vs City. Always tougher away from home.

Should've tried to score rather than look for the pen in the 1st half

BerryBerryShrew

Not great, not terrible. Very hard to be harsh on a player playing in a midfield two (McTominay doesn't count) against a midfield four (Zinchenko tucking in).

lex talionis

Like Eriksen, Bruno looked fatigued today. We all accept the bad in exchange for the good, but he was running on fumes in the second half.

Rockets Redglare

Weirdly quiet which isn’t good for him. Usually even when he plays crap he’s still all over the pitch and heavily involved.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Like Eriksen, Bruno looked fatigued today. We all accept the bad in exchange for the good, but he was running on fumes in the second half.
Do we have to though? Odegaard just put on a masterclass compared to Bruno in how to actually play as a 10, yet every United fan here just shrugs there shoulders and waits for the next goal/assist to go "I told you so! He's world class!"

Bruno is a great player if all you want to do is hit people on the counter, but he's fecking terrible to exerting any sort of control on the game or picking the lock. He literally can't dribble a ball (the main issue of our entire midfield honestly since none of them can), and is a lose cannon in possession.

NZT-One

Do we have to though? Odegaard just put on a masterclass compared to Bruno in how to actually play as a 10, yet every United fan here just shrugs there shoulders and waits for the next goal/assist to go "I told you so! He's world class!"

Bruno is a great player if all you want to do is hit people on the counter, but he's fecking terrible to exerting any sort of control on the game or picking the lock. He literally can't dribble a ball (the main issue of our entire midfield honestly since none of them can), and is a lose cannon in possession.
My thoughts completely.

DarkXaero

Spot on.

Someone

Something
He works hard but can really be a liability sometimes, and I don't remember a player that annoyed me with his body language as much as Bruno does. Every times he makes a mistake just watch him moaning and pointing at someone.

Someone started a thread before saying that we won't win anything with Bruno, I won't go that far, but teams that do win things have better players in that department.

pascell

Completely agree.

Even out of possession he's a huge liability tactically, something which we could ill afford in such a tactical game tonight and it showed. This pressing like a headless chicken leaves gaping holes behind him and Arsenal picked them brilliantly and stretched us.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Bored of saying it, but useless yet again.

Odegaard is on another level to him altogether.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Ødegaard had all the time in the world because McTominay is a coward and our midfield is on its last legs. Bruno has put in plenty of world class performances for us. He’s run himself into the ground the last weeks.

arnie_ni

Listened to the 2nd half on the radio and genuinely can't recall his name mentioned except when the change was made and he was shifted wide again. Howd he do?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

That's why he was so good under Ole because all we did is counter. He is not good enough to play in a team that want to have possession and dictate a match, which is why he will never be good enough for a top team.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think I'm coming around to the idea that you can't win any of the top cups with him as a key player.

Makes me sad, the guy is a fighter and loves the club. I fear it will take a lot for ETH to see it, it won't happen any time soon; clearly likes and rates him highly for his work-rate.

Name Changed

weso26
Not really in the game. Got an assist on paper but it's not a real assist. It was all Rashford. Xhaka's assist was a real assist.

I think his attitude needs to improve. You can see him bitching at players for losing the ball when he is the biggest culprit generally. Always moaning
And too much diving. Whining for a peno in the first half for a tiny collision with Ramsdale was embarrassing.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Where’s @Jeppers7 & co. to tell us he’s shite?

The busiest poster in the thread does a great vanishing act when it suits.
Sorry just saw this. Not sure what this was about. Wasn’t this during the World Cup and not United games ?

As an aside I’ve just looked at Bruno’s thread from last season, where I’m not allowed to say how he performed, but you didn’t post once in Bruno’s thread all last season, despite posting lots in other threads and posting lots in Bruno’s the season before that too.

Whoops :lol:

Vapor trail

He loses the ball too much and this isn't in relation to the game today it's a genuine concern for a player in the midfield. If a box to box midfielder comes in along with a forward and when the teams overall quality improves Bruno will either have to adapt or resign to being a rotational player. Can't see a manager with shades of the typical Dutch footballing philosophy keep putting up with midfielders who lose possession too frequently and often time even with no pressure.

sirAlexsglasses

Here you go. 74% pass completion. Better than Casemiro, Fred and Weghorst (almost the same as Rashford, at 75%)

You’ll also see that he took much riskier passes than any of them. Higher total distance and “Progressive Distance” not far off twice as much as the next best midfielder. xAG of 1.4. Next best was 0.2! (Eriksen)
it just goes to show that the eyes can deceive, I suppose it’s a case of if the trade off works, I,e the risky pass helps to create chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.