Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

led_scholes

AWB was better tonight
He was not. Casemiro gave a defending masterclass yesterday. He did countless interceptions and was constantly breaking their game. It's no wonder that from their 3 chances, only one came from open play. Apart from two massive tackles, AWB overall game was below average. Many pointless runs, never did a good overlap, and 2-3 atrocious crosses. Take casemiro out of the game and we lose 100%. Take AWB out and we may win or we may lose. Simar with DDG. His saves were amazing but he was not MOTM.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It was just too obvious we were going to lose him for the Arsenal match.

Name Changed

weso26
I couldn't believe he wasn't rested knowing what was coming. I fully believe Arsenal will blow us out of the water in the midfield on Sunday. They have been performing brilliantly over the last few weeks. Casemiro was essential.

Rockets Redglare

I couldn't believe he wasn't rested knowing what was coming. I fully believe Arsenal will blow us out of the water in the midfield on Sunday. They have been performing brilliantly over the last few weeks. Casemiro was essential.
If he was rested yesterday we’d have lost comfortably.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Still don't understand why he felt to make that foul
Think he had a mind blank.

Was probably just determined not to let them score. You could see the look on his face after - Bruno was talking with him and probably said "now you miss the next game" and the look of regret washed over him instantly.

It's frustrating but that's just how it is sometimes. It's now up to Mctominay or Fred to step up.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What frustrates me most is that we wasted the risk that we took on him. If he's going to play and get booked we need to win that game last night to make it worth it.

Not having him against Arsenal isn't the end of the world, like ETH said we beat them before without him.

RuudTom83

I was in the camp to play him last night so I can’t do a 180 this morning.

But I wasn’t aware that last night was the last game he could of picked up a ban for 5 yellows, it jumped up to 10 now.

Gutted but that’s football, you get no easy games in the league.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

This. He seemed to be so careful all game. Didn’t leave a foot in on person and if someone beat him, made sure he kept hands down.

No idea what made him lose it and just do the tackle he did.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ah well... it was fun while it lasted.
people said the same about AWB.

I know it’s probably a long shot but if they want to continue here it’s games like this they need to show they can be called upon.

Mike Smalling

Just a brain fart. He know he fecked up just after.

It's a shame, but he will move on. Still one of our absolute best players this season. A minor silver lining is, that he gets a small break.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
people said the same about AWB.

I know it’s probably a long shot but if they want to continue here it’s games like this they need to show they can be called upon.
Yes, you are right in theory. I personally believe I have seen enough of both of them to know they will not rise to the occasion.

Couldn't be happier to be proven wrong though, obviously.

Big Andy

Bloke
Think he had a mind blank.

Was probably just determined not to let them score. You could see the look on his face after - Bruno was talking with him and probably said "now you miss the next game" and the look of regret washed over him instantly.

It's frustrating but that's just how it is sometimes. It's now up to Mctominay or Fred to step up.
I think that look was to Bruno to say "why the feck did you give the ball away and then not foul him yourself?" as it put Casemiro in the position that he felt he needed to make the foul.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel we need a good cover for him this summer just as much as cover/replacement for Eriksen.

erikcred

He was lucky he didn't see a straight red for that. Wild.
Exactly. With yesterday's VAR he was easily one scream and a bit of rolling around from the other player, away from a straight red.

Feel a bit let down by him, but he's been a revelation so far. Hope Arsenal underestimate us now and get countered on.

FriedClams

He was not. Casemiro gave a defending masterclass yesterday. He did countless interceptions and was constantly breaking their game. It's no wonder that from their 3 chances, only one came from open play. Apart from two massive tackles, AWB overall game was below average. Many pointless runs, never did a good overlap, and 2-3 atrocious crosses. Take casemiro out of the game and we lose 100%. Take AWB out and we may win or we may lose. Simar with DDG. His saves were amazing but he was not MOTM.
Casemiro is one of our best signins, and has been amazing, but people need to stop thinking he’s the second coming of the almighty. He got booked, stupidly, and missed a goal right on the line. Misplaced several passes too. 53% of people on here voted AWB man of the match, and de gea is in second place. This is one of those occasions where you’re just wrong.

youngrell

Brainless decision to go for the foul like that, but has instrumental in our second half defensive performance.

It is a massive loss for us, but Fred and Scott have stepped up to the plate in big games before so hopefully they can do so again.

poleglass red

it was his poor pass that led to the breakaway, no need to make that foul at all, Varane was behind him. Instinct maybe, but poor decision making that will cost us dearly. He had a great game yesterday, and shows 2 things, how much we rely on him and how poor our cover is in midfield. Palace came into that game I think with something like 4 defeats in 5 games. If we can't rotate midfield in a game like that, it shows how weak we are in that regard. The card, the free kick, and his miss right at the end really capped a poor last 10 mins by us

FriedClams

I think that look was to Bruno to say "why the feck did you give the ball away and then not foul him yourself?" as it put Casemiro in the position that he felt he needed to make the foul.
there wasn’t really an opportunity for Bruno to foul?

Chairman Steve

Regardless of that yellow, he was fecking everywhere. Sky commentary couldn’t believe how effective and efficient he was. We haven’t had a midfielder who has that level of awareness and the legs to carry it out since Carrick.

FriedClams

Regardless of that yellow, he was fecking everywhere. Sky commentary couldn’t believe how effective and efficient he was. We haven’t had a midfielder who has that level of awareness and the legs to carry it out since Carrick.
Skys first half commentary was so weird the first half I’m surprised they noticed how well casemiro was breaking things up in the second. They had the one good save from de gea and maybe 5 minutes of pressure but they would have had you believe it was an even game.

youngrell

Skys first half commentary was so weird the first half I’m surprised they noticed how well casemiro was breaking things up in the second. They had the one good save from de gea and maybe 5 minutes of pressure but they would have had you believe it was an even game.
Yeah it was bizarre coverage. We were in complete control albeit without being too threatening up front.

gza the genius

What frustrates me most is that we wasted the risk that we took on him. If he's going to play and get booked we need to win that game last night to make it worth it.
Yep this was the biggest disappointment. If we're going to play him (and the rest of our strongest available 11) knowing we have Arsenal in a few days then we have to win this game. Oh well.

Rossa

He's been brilliant, but how on earth did he not manage to score that chance near the end? If a goalie made a similar howler, it would be something along the lines of DDG letting it in between his legs or Lloris playing the ball is on fire before punching it into his own net. Cost us big time.

poleglass red

Not having him against Arsenal isn't the end of the world, like ETH said we beat them before without him.
if he doesn't somehow miss that open net he had, we win the game, fine margins.......Before these 2 games ie City and Palace, I'd of taken 4 points beforehand, thinking draw with City, beat Palace. The momentum we had though coming into Palace game, this draw almost feels like a loss now. Let's hope we can pull out some magic v Arsenal.

FriedClams

He's been brilliant, but how on earth did he not manage to score that chance near the end? If a goalie made a similar howler, it would be something along the lines of DDG letting it in between his legs or Lloris playing the ball is on fire before punching it into his own net. Cost us big time.
palace defender got the slightest touch that maybe put him off

led_scholes

Casemiro is one of our best signins, and has been amazing, but people need to stop thinking he’s the second coming of the almighty. He got booked, stupidly, and missed a goal right on the line. Misplaced several passes too. 53% of people on here voted AWB man of the match, and de gea is in second place. This is one of those occasions where you’re just wrong.
It wasn't a stupid yellow. It was a yellow to prevent a great opportunity for CP. We seem to have different opinions, but I just don't judge a player from 1 or 2 moments in a game. AWB was a 6.5/10 for me, due to doing absolutely nothing in attack, despite having tons of space. He was actually detrimental most of the times. Cas gave an 8 out of 10 for me. As I said, without Cas we would definitely lost yesterday. Without AWB we could have won. That's the difference for me.

I don't care if 53% voted for AWB. I also don't see the point of you mentioning it.

FriedClams

It wasn't a stupid yellow. It was a yellow to prevent a great opportunity for CP. We seem to have different opinions, but I just don't judge a player from 1 or 2 moments in a game. AWB was a 6.5/10 for me, due to doing absolutely nothing in attack, despite having tons of space. He was actually detrimental most of the times. Cas gave an 8 out of 10 for me. As I said, without Cas we would definitely lost yesterday. Without AWB we could have won. That's the difference for me.

I don't care if 53% voted for AWB. I also don't see the point of you mentioning it.
just to let you know that the forum feels differently than you.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His stats from last night are interesting. Defensively it was an unbelievable performance. 8 tackles and 3 interceptions. He was pretty slapdash with his passing though. Only 67% completion, which is unusually bad for a CM (Eriksen was 90%). Not really sure what to make of that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His stats from last night are interesting. Defensively it was an unbelievable performance. 8 tackles and 3 interceptions. He was pretty slapdash with his passing though. Only 67% completion, which is unusually bad for a CM (Eriksen was 90%). Not really sure what to make of that.
There isn't a breakdown of passing rates for each half is there? I thought it happened in the second half when the team started to look disjointed, not least after Weghorst was off, and our game resorted to trying to find that killer pass. Of course, at that point, there was no Bruno in the centre but wide right, so more onus on the two midfielders capable to bring the creativity, and Eriksen was clearly worn out.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Poor game from him yesterday. Sloppy on the ball, took the yellow card (he can share 'blame' with Bruno, started with a poor Casemiro pass), missed an absolute golden opportunity and his passing ranged from good to woeful.

In hindsight probably should've been rested for Arsenal but ETH was 10 minutes away from looking like he'd made the right decision.

Rockets Redglare

The difference I’ve noticed between Casemiro and our other midfielders is that a lot of the time when he makes a poor pass he manages to win the ball back quickly, so a lot of the time it isn’t the end of the world.

BerryBerryShrew

Cas was clearly trying to find Rashy with a killer pass over the top. He could have easily achieved 90-95% pass completion if he wanted to play it safe but that clearly wasn't the instruction: he was clearly under orders to try to hit Rashford over the top. Seems a bit unfair to throw his poor pass completion in his sexy Brazilian face when he was attempting difficult passes. It wasn't as though he was misplacing 5 yard passes like Fred at his worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.