Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nottingham Forest 0:2 Man Utd

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Seemed to have McTominied his way through the game, it was a bit disappointing. I'd rather have him more involved and making more mistakes than avoid action, hopefully it's a one off.

The United

Probably the weakest link, or close to it.

He seems to be on the ground while tackling a lot and not winning much of the ball lately. I didn't notice that much from him before. A sign of getting too slow to be positioning himself properly? It kind of concerns me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

He seems to be on the ground while tackling a lot and not winning much of the ball lately. I didn't notice that much from him before. A sign of getting too slow to be positioning himself properly? It kind of concerns me.
I think he's hesitating slightly to not get sent off before big games because refs seem to be on edge for him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Dont summon @Yagami

nemanjaa

Similar to start of this season, I think the more games he plays the more "in-tune" he will get. One of the few positives with this busy program.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I recognise he’s a good player and has played well but I’ve seen a lot of performances like this as well. Seems to take time to get back into rhythm

RuudTom83

Even in his short spell with United its easy to see that he needs a few games to get up to speed.

Red Rash

Definitely wasn't his best performance and wonder if it was due to the time off or maybe a knock however I thought he got better as the match went on. The last 20 mins or so he made some good tackles, interceptions and played some good passes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's form is a little worrying at the moment, seems to still have an Anfield hangover

With dumb and slightly less dumber behind him for the rest of the season he needs to be bang at it quickly

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Reminded me of "bad Bruno" in a way he was just launching long passes forward. Not great today and seemed like the game was passing him by.

We definitely need him to do better if we are to challenge for anything more than top4 this season. The bar is set high tbh.

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s just the way he runs I think but he looked like a Sunday league footballer after a night out, heavy legs and like it’s hard work to get back into position.

Still can’t get my head around the tendency to dive into tackles, seems odd.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No secret he needs to get into his groove. Plenty of matches to come for that to happen.

zaafi

Should we maybe consider bringing in Caicedo to replace him already this summer? Absolutely still world class, but he's 31 and will only get progressively worse. His pass completion is a bit worry as well. I'd rather wait replacing him, but if we don't get Caicedo this summer, someone else will and we'll end up regretting that.

jem

Hasn't been the same since Liverpool, for a variety of reasons no doubt. Still love him.

OrcaFat

No secret he needs to get into his groove. Plenty of matches to come for that to happen.
Exactly so. He’s class but he does rust up a bit. He has to ease that machine back to full throttle (no pun intended).

Wheato

As the others have said, he needs 3 or 4 games to get up to speed. But when he does, he stays at that level for as long as he is playing in the team. He'll be back to full power for next weekend.

youngrell

Similar to start of this season, I think the more games he plays the more "in-tune" he will get. One of the few positives with this busy program.
Yep, he’s been slow to get into his groove pretty much every time he’s had a little break. Few games and he’ll be motoring again.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Bit strange that Eriksen looks more match fit than him. Hopefully he will play a blinder in the midweek because we will need it

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Should we maybe consider bringing in Caicedo to replace him already this summer? Absolutely still world class, but he's 31 and will only get progressively worse. His pass completion is a bit worry as well. I'd rather wait replacing him, but if we don't get Caicedo this summer, someone else will and we'll end up regretting that.
I disagree with almost everything you say about Bruno but I do agree that we need a Casemiro replacement to come in over the summer, even if just for competition in the short time.

zaafi

I disagree with almost everything you say about Bruno but I do agree that we need a Casemiro replacement to come in over the summer, even if just for competition in the short time.
:lol: :lol: But I said he was deservedly Man of the Match! Can't disagree with that, but I guess that's where the "almost" comes in :D

Sviken

Bit strange that Eriksen looks more match fit than him. Hopefully he will play a blinder in the midweek because we will need it
I think the back to back red cards seems to have taken a toll on his confidence which is what I feared. Madrid fans always said he starts very slow. His form was average in the first few games too. Hopefully he quickly bounces back because we desperately need him for the next few games.

eire-red

Hopefully he's just shaking off the cobwebs right on time for Sevilla and another Wembley masterclass.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I know he’s set his bar extremely high, but I think some are going a bit over the top here.

I thought he quietly went about his business quite well, held his position.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think the back to back red cards seems to have taken a toll on his confidence which is what I feared. Madrid fans always said he starts very slow. His form was average in the first few games too. Hopefully he quickly bounces back because we desperately need him for the next few games.
I had the same thought when he seemed to pull out of a 50:50 with Felipe in the second half. Very unlike him.

Ole'sattheWheel

he took a few games to regain his full form after his last suspension, and also when he first came into the team. Must be a rooney type who needs a couple of 90 mins under his belt to get into his full swing. No concerns atall for me

Sylar

The other two midfielders were better than him. But he did seem to get across well and make a few good recoveries of the ball for us.
We know he can do better with the ball, so hopefully that will come over the next few games.

He was OK today. I shat myself when he went in for that studs up tackle, though.
Yeah the action was not good. I really thought it was gonna be over the top of the ball scissor take out.

Roboc7

We have to start to think about it, that is the reality of signing him at this stage if his career. This may be best season we get out of him and we need to bring someone in over the summer to ease our reliance on him even if just a backup. Caceido is someone should could play with and instead of him.

He does seem to need games to get up to speed but he wasn’t looking great before his suspension so it could be season has caught up with him. Hopefully it’s the former and form will pick up soon.

NoPace

I know he’s set his bar extremely high, but I think some are going a bit over the top here.

I thought he quietly went about his business quite well, held his position.
I didn't notice him having trouble. We dominated the midfield. Thought he played well, just a bit invisible, but that was more due to Forest's tactics. They let the fullbacks have the ball and space instead of Casemiro and couldn't do both because they were 5 at the back proper.

criticalanalysis

If you judge him on his bad passes then yes he's been very inconsistent since he's come back but if you're actually paying attention, he's made a lot of good passes too. His first time balls freed up Antony and Bruno quite a few times, which could have had been assists or pre-assists. Also it was his cross for Martial's header, which he should have done much better with; on a separate note, Casemiro's crossing has been very clutch this season as he's delivered quite a few clear cut chances, which should have ended with goals.

For the way we play, which is very transitional and about exploiting the space after we've counter pressed etc, Casemiro is playing his part. He's very high risk and for sure we could do with more consistency on the passing front (in terms of his choices) but for the most part he's been decent.

Until we get another proper midfielder, we'll have take the (plenty of) good with the bad.

PaulScholes99

The criticism seems a bit over the top for me. He was solid in the defense, a bit sloppy on the ball but still very quick with his actions, he never holds on too long on the ball. And he created a big, big chance for Martial with a perfect cross (right before Martial was subbed).

Status
Not open for further replies.