Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

Is it just me or he's more timid in his challenges.
Yeap.

There were quite a few tackles that he went in very conservatively that he either didn’t manage to clear the ball, or the rebound fell into the path of the attacker again. It’ll take some time for him to work it out I guess.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He wasn't at his brilliant best but he was still very good I thought. Solid. Maybe thinking about those reds a wee bit but still think we look far better with him and Eriksen. Will be huge for the end of the season keeping them fit and together.

mav_9me

I don't remember a single action of his from yesterday really. That's not a bad thing though, does mean we controlled the game completely.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looked afraid to get stuck in. Feel like the reds have made him overly cautious.

lex talionis

Did the job brilliantly. There are days when you want your world class players to just put in a brilliant shift while others steal the show and get the post match interviews.

He’s absolutely transformative and no, we shouldn’t be replacing him with Caicedo as we’d instantly be a much lesser side.
Casemiro will have at least a couple of years at a level Caicedo will likely never come close to reaching, so for now, we concentrate on our problem areas, not our strongest position.

julianfr

He’s absolutely transformative and no, we shouldn’t be replacing him with Caicedo as we’d instantly be a much lesser side.
Casemiro will have at least a couple of years at a level Caicedo will likely never come close to reaching, so for now, we concentrate on our problem areas, not our strongest position.
The problem is that when he ISN'T available the drop off in quality is shocking. Also he's no spring chicken so we should start looking at a decent young understudy to start grooming.

Although the same could be said about many other positions in our 1st team...

DON’T PANIC ™

I don't remember a single action of his from yesterday really. That's not a bad thing though, does mean we controlled the game completely.
Apart from those two sliding tackles in the last 15 mins that had me convinced he was looking for another holiday. Giving me angina!

Blood Mage

Even when he's not in top form his defensive positioning is so important for freeing up Bruno and Eriksen to do their thing.

Marcelinho87

Even when he's not in top form his defensive positioning is so important for freeing up Bruno and Eriksen to do their thing.
This is what people seem to be missing.

His mere presence enables our other players to do their thing.

This day and age if he isn't taking on 7 players and rainbow flicking it over the keeper it's a 1 out of 10 performance.

berbasloth4

I will put my hand up. I didn’t pay attention to him as much when he was at madrid. When he signed my initial thought was getting bit old but he’s a winner varane and Ronaldos ex mate. Obv better than Mcfred but wasn’t expecting much. But as an all round centre midfielder he is the best in the league clearly.

his two reds were harsh and we seen how much he means to us when not there.I’d give him varane or de gea the armband from the summer and let them lead

croadyman

I will put my hand up. I didn’t pay attention to him as much when he was at madrid. When he signed my initial thought was getting bit old but he’s a winner varane and Ronaldos ex mate. Obv better than Mcfred but wasn’t expecting much. But as an all round centre midfielder he is the best in the league clearly.

his two reds were harsh and we seen how much he means to us when not there.I’d give him varane or de gea the armband from the summer and let them lead
Varane may not be able to stay fit and not keen on keepers as captains either. I actually wouldn't take it off Bruno as stepped up in that deeper role

berbasloth4

Varane may not be able to stay fit and not keen on keepers as captains either. I actually wouldn't take it off Bruno as stepped up in that deeper role
mate Bruno has proved when things aren’t going to well you can’t depend on him. Bruno is amazing when things are going well. A captain shines when things are going shite. Robbo Bruce keano - a bit Rooney and Neville for us when men need to be counted they first ones to jump up. Painful to but they were majority shite at time anyway but gerrard done same at Liverpool.

Sevilla 3:0 Man Utd

BerryBerryShrew

Carrying an injury I reckon. There were several occasions where he allowed overlaps to happen because he physically couldn't move out to help the full back quickly enough. As with the Liverpool match, we chose to play him crocked instead of picking a fully fit deputy (Fred tonight) and it was stupid.

NickJ

As much as it pains me to say it, his legs are gone. He needs cover around him and sabitzer and Erikson offered zero tonight.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Casemiro's level has dropped massively. He's been suspended for most of the last two months. He should not be that tired. However, he is playing terribly. Some of his passing today was awful. Decision making too. That dummy to Fred. :houllier:

Idxomer

When he is bad, he's bad.

Passing becomes shit though it's usually not that good anyway, mistimes almost every tackle and looks to be chasing shadows all the time. The problem is his bad games are starting to be almost as many as his good games this season.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Carrying an injury I reckon. There were several occasions where he allowed overlaps to happen because he physically couldn't move out to help the full back quickly enough. As with the Liverpool match, we chose to play him crocked instead of picking a fully fit deputy (Fred tonight) and it was stupid.
His passing was terrible as well. It has been for a long while.

Roboc7

Legs have gone for the season, have to accept reality that he’s 31 and is only a short term fix.

The Uncle of All Uncles

I'm really worried that this guy will go through a Matic-style decline. Matic was brilliant for his first six months, then patchy and finally a passenger. And he was 29 when that started. Casemiro is 31, I hope he doesn't do the same.

Baxquux

looked leggy as hell - passing and mobility was just so sluggish, and not for the first time after an absence (a little bit like Rooney used to be, maybe it's the similar body shape) - but exacerbated by the stuttering machine, with other players being so jaded (or technically bad with the stand-ins). Level of the squad needs to be raised by 4 key players at least, not including investment in keeper to challenge and take over from De Gea who's better with their feet.

Lyng

He is best when playing a lot. Every time he has been out it has taken him a few matches to get back to his best. Hopefully soon.

Superunknown

His suspensions have been frustrating and it has ruined his rhythm. He looked dire tonight. Very disappointed with his performance.

redcafe_reader

Casemiro is obviously world class and the best CM we have in years, but I think next time fan should hold their word a bit before overpraising players (or managers).

He has around half great season and he's already the new Roy Keane? No way these kind of over praise help any players.

RedIan

Had a stinker tonight. Passing was awful. He looks scared to make a tackle after his two red cards.
We need him to get some form quickly.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I love him but he's been poor this side of the League Cup final.

Seems to be sucked into the Man United trap of capitulation once it starts to go wrong. You never felt like he was in the game tonight until he got a yellow card and yet another suspension.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think he’s one of those that needs games to get up to speed. Playing similar to how he was in his first few games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.