Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeanoMagicHat

Will be lots of overreacting here tonight but

Sevilla scored an early goal because De Gea and Maguire fecked up - then Sevilla could sit back the whole game and counter which suited them.
2 of the starting front 3 were absymal in front of him and not arsed.
All we had to bring on was Weghorst and injured Rashford.

Bad day at the office but hardly a longer-term problem comparing to other issues in the squad

G-manc

He’s been very average since the return from his second suspension and amongst his good work this season, he’s had way too many wayward passes to receive the kind of plaudits he’s been getting.

Stadjer

He is best when playing a lot. Every time he has been out it has taken him a few matches to get back to his best. Hopefully soon.
Seems like it. Started the season pretty bad too, so bad that people said Casemiro had to earn his place and McT deserved to stay in the team. Guess he needs to play himself in form.

Alcio77

His suspensions have been frustrating and it has ruined his rhythm. He looked dire tonight. Very disappointed with his performance.
Agree. it seems he lost the rhythm. the poor form of the whole team does not help him too

Matt851

Not sure if it was tactical but he was regularly caught up the pitch with eriksen playing deeper. If that was a purposeful thing it was a bizarre use of him, if not tactical it was bizarre from him to push forward when we were desperate for a defensive presence in the middle of the pitch

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He hasn't been the same since coming back from the choking ban. Looks like we need two midfielders this summer.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
His drop in form is unfortunately not surprising considering it happened to him at Real as well (but rarely in european games though). Can look godly and dominate the midfield, can miss a 2 yards pass, that's Casemiro.

Overall he was good for United though until his 2nd suspension, better than what I expected.

Vabelico

I think we should be looking for 2 midfield players. Casemiro and Eriksen are advanced in age and it can be seen that they often fail in terms of motor skills and speed. Modern football needs players who are 100% ready in terms of skill, physicality and commitment. If we want to fight for the highest goals, we must have the absolute best players possible in every way

chay chay okocha

One of my favourite players in the squad currently, but has to be said that he has looked poor for a good few games now. Not only some very careless use of the ball, but seems to be off the pace in both making challenges, and positioning himself to receive it. Hope he snaps out of his funk soon because he is absolutely crucial.

Marwood

He's been really good this season but anybody saying he can easily play to his mid 30's are dreaming.

If ever a midfielder was about to falll off a cliff its Casemiro.

I'm not saying this because of tonight. It's just obvious because of how he is physically.

If we get another top season from him and then maybe a lesser role season after I'd be happy.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He will be fine. Missed Bruno around him today. And next season we need a proper midfielder to play next to him and Bruno.

Lyng

Sevilla scored an early goal because De Gea and Maguire fecked up - then Sevilla could sit back the whole game and counter which suited them.

Bad day at the office but hardly a longer-term problem comparing to other issues in the squad
Spot on

Abraxas

Looked a bit lost in this situation where we had to make the game from the moment Maguire and DeGea conspired to give away the first goal. He really struggled to fill the very large gaps we were leaving, and he had one of those games where his passing becomes very inconsistent.

He needs to be in a more structured role going forward where he can focus on what he is good at. Games like this where he has to be everywhere offensively and defensively aren't going to be good for him or his shelflife.

Rake

Since he returned from the last suspension he has looked like an elderly person trying to mix it up with the young fellas. Slow to move, slow to react, opposition players are often gliding pass him and sloppy in possession. He looks like he needs a cane in some situations. Not showing even 50% of what he did earlier this season.

Some people thought he was tired but the absences seem to have hurt him rather than help.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Casemiro has been a excellent signing for us, but his form has dipped
Too early to judge whether he's an excellent signing for the outlay over 4 years. He had a very good mid season we can say that but recent performances aren't good enough.

Drizzle

He's been really good this season but anybody saying he can easily play to his mid 30's are dreaming.

If ever a midfielder was about to falll off a cliff its Casemiro.

I'm not saying this because of tonight. It's just obvious because of how he is physically.

If we get another top season from him and then maybe a lesser role season after I'd be happy.
Yes that's my thinking too. He's slow and ponderous which makes it hard for him to defend space. I also think he's quite shaken by the fact his stretching into tackles, an increasingly necessary situation, has backfired so spectacularly this season after his charmed life at Madrid.

I'm guessing the idea is to bring legs around him to cover up this weakness and bring out his positives, which are elite. But I'm guessing one more world class season from him at best, then steep decline. Still a good buy though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Since he returned from the last suspension he has looked like an elderly person trying to mix it up with the young fellas. Slow to move, slow to react, opposition players are often gliding pass him and sloppy in possession. He looks like he needs a cane in some situations. Not showing even 50% of what he did earlier this season.

Some people thought he was tired but the absences seem to have hurt him rather than help.
I think he’s similar to Rooney in that he needs a good few games to get going.

Chinchy98

Looks like a player who can’t miss games. Needs to be in a rhythm, since coming back he’s been miles off the pace

Sylar

I agree with this. Needs a run but obviously would help having better CBs behind him

Needs to sort out his discipline, it's let us down this season.
Think he's been unlucky as well. The yellow that made him miss arsenal was sloppy play but also agreed he didn't need to make the challenge.
The 'choke' could have been avoided.
The second red is ridiculous in the context of consistency
Todays he didn't seem to touch the player...

I'm mixed on this with regards to him

KanieKaned

100%. He has been fantastic for us since joining and although looking out of his rhythm since coming back from suspension he can't work miracles. Especially when what's in front of you is playing as abysmally as what we saw tonight.

croadyman

He hasn't been the same since coming back from the choking ban. Looks like we need two midfielders this summer.
Yeah without doubt we need someone who can be a backup DM and number 8 to partner him. I had hoped we could find someone to do both but that looks too much to ask.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yup. He looked incredibly slow and ponderous in his first few performances this season. Then got better and better the more games he played. Obviously it’s a flaw and it causes us problems but it didn’t cost us the game last night. Which was a slight improvement from some of his initial performances after coming back into the team and arguably the best out of our three central midfielders.

AFC NimbleThumb

Not sure how people can overreact to losing 3-0 to the worst Sevilla side in god knows how long but whatever you have to say to make you feel better.

Not sure why accepting disappointment is so hard for some of you. We shouldn’t be losing to teams like those. You can list as many squad excuses as you like, we were out fought fundamentally. This won’t change.

Eric_the_Red99

Yup. He looked incredibly slow and ponderous in his first few performances this season. Then got better and better the more games he played. Obviously it’s a flaw and it causes us problems but it didn’t cost us the game last night. Which was a slight improvement from some of his initial performances after coming back into the team and arguably the best out of our three central midfielders.
It’s especially a flaw when he’s managed to get himself suspended for so many games this season. I know there’s a debate to be had about both his red cards, but when you lose full match fitness so readily, it’s vitally important that you don’t have periods when you’re unavailable.

That’s the main reason why he’s not going to be my player of the season, sadly. When he has been at 100%, he’s been our best player in that role since Roy Keane, but he’s not been that nearly enough this season - either because of suspension or because he’s been getting his match sharpness back.

KeanoMagicHat

Not sure how people can overreact to losing 3-0 to the worst Sevilla side in god knows how long but whatever you have to say to make you feel better.

Not sure why accepting disappointment is so hard for some of you. We shouldn’t be losing to teams like those. You can list as many squad excuses as you like, we were out fought fundamentally. This won’t change.
This is an individual player thread. Of course I’m very disappointed. But not every player is shit and needs to be replaced because we lost a game. Especially Casemiro who has been very good for us and has credit in the bank. That’s what I mean by overreacting.

AFC NimbleThumb

This is an individual player thread. Of course I’m very disappointed. But not every player is shit and needs to be replaced because we lost a game. Especially Casemiro who has been very good for us and has credit in the bank. That’s what I mean by overreacting.
True.

I’m in that many threads currently.

I also agree not everyone needs selling, just 95%ish of them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does he miss our first CL group stage game next season then? (If we qualify for it).

IRN-BRUno

Does he miss our first CL group stage game next season then? (If we qualify for it).
Sounds like he won't be suspended.

" Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions from the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Europa League or the UEFA Europa Conference League expire at the end of the season. "

MegadrivePerson

It's worrying how much he's regressed in the second half of the season. It's a sign to me that he hasn't got very long left at the top level.

Next season we need to find a reliable backup for him as we'll need to manage his game time.

EireRed_GS

He had an off day last night.. hes one of the few player in the squad Id say we can reply on most days. World class player

Just needs to sort out the old disciplinary record :nervous:

poleglass red

agree but that's a problem. Rooney took time to adapt after missing games via injury, he's taking time to adapt after missing games via suspension. He'll need to be rested in certain games especially next season if we make the CL, as the games come just as quick but even more difficult. He's likely to miss games as well via suspension . Our problem is we have no cover for him at all. I've no doubt he'll regain his form, he's too good a player not to, but it's worrying it takes him a while to adapt after essentially a rest. What would he be like, god forbid, he got an injury that kept him out for 6-7 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.