Chain Draft (Main Thread)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Fair enough but Suárez for me is an all-time great who took part in two of the greatest team of the 50-60s.
:lol: I thought you were talking about our Luisito, thus the "then anyone who has played for Uruguay and understands what that means".

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
:lol: I thought you were talking about our Luisito, thus the "then anyone who has played for Uruguay and understands what that means".
Oh :lol:. Edited it later into the post and forgot to mention it earlier on. That was probably the fourth time I've listed out the Spaniard's accomplishments in detail :lol:. Just annoys me to no end how he tends to be criminally underrated.

Btw is it a common name or just a coincidence or did the Uruguayan's parents name him after the Spanish player?

antohan

Oh :lol:. Edited it later into the post and forgot to mention it earlier on. That was probably the fourth time I've listed out the Spaniard's accomplishments in detail :lol:. Just annoys me to no end how he tends to be criminally underrated.

Btw is it a common name or just a coincidence or did the Uruguayan's parents name him after the Spanish player?
It's a common name and surname, I know another two actually and I doubt it has anything to do with the Spaniard's exploits.

antohan

Hmm...I've thought about this. There are quite a number of options for this one. Here's what I've come up with off the top of my mind:

Looking at Krol, Arie Haan instantly springs to mind.

Agree, truckloads of players who fit the malleable/selfless tag. The problem is putting them into a compelling side.

BTW, Chilavert must have one of the most giant egos in football.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I'm not sure even Schuster's mother would call him selfless! Wonderful player but a bit of an all round prick by most accounts!
It's tough this one because you really need to have watched players at decent length to form such an opinion of them. I'll go for:

Keeper
Irwin Adams Kohler De Boer
Nedved Seedorf Gattusso Pires
Bergkamp Benzema
Love the Irwin, Seedorf and Nedved picks. Perhaps a more traditional and complete centre-forward like Lewandowski to partner Bergkamp would be more ideal though. Also echo Annah's thoughts in that perhaps there is a more suitable alternative to Pires.

antohan

Anyhow @Cutch, what the hell are you up to? Woudl be great if we could have the draaw today and line up the games for next week.

I'm off on holidays on Friday so would love to get the next game out of the way by Thursday. Can't do Tuesday so Monday/Wednesday for me.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Since my next pick isn't linked to Cafu or Cannavaro i'll just go ahead and post..

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Hmm...I've thought about this. There are quite a number of options for this one. Here's what I've come up with off the top of my mind:

Nice team, can see it working very well. The pre-injury del Piero and Raul would be a pain against anyone's defense although there is a bit of physicality missing up front. Midfield would be an absolute nightmare to be up against too.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
BTW, Chilavert must have one of the most giant egos in football.
As I said earlier, off the top of my head. Keepers are tough to get anyways, and Chilavert was flashing in my head for some reason. :lol:

Here's an improved 11 after a bit more digging around:

Neuer can play in pretty much any side. He can play in a counterattacking, ultra-attacking team, ultra-defensive team, possession-based, fast-paced attacking, etc., teams. He can comfortably be a sweeper keeper (Bayern) or someone who stays in goal to make saves and keep the ball out of his net (Schalke).

Pessotto was an extremely flexible player who could play on either flank, as a winger, or even in midfield.

The Stain

@Šjor Bepo :D

mazhar13
: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV) 12. Nielsen (PSV) 13. Puyol (Rivaldo-Barca) 14. Eto'o (Barcelona)

antohan: 1. Facchetti 2. Boninsegna (Inter) 3. Scirea (Juve) 4. Altafini (Juve) 5. L. Buffon (Milan) 6. Julio César Abbadie (Genoa) 7. O. Varela (Peñarol) 8. V. R. Andrade (NT) 9. Juan Eduardo Hohberg (Peñarol) 10. Néstor Gonçalves (Peñarol) 11. Elías Ricardo Figueroa (Peñarol) 12. T. Cubillas (Ft. Lauderdale Strikers) 13. J.A. Schiaffino (Andrade-Peñarol) 14. Nordahl (AC Milan)

MJJ (crappy)
: 1. Romario 2. Guardiola (Barca) 3. Figo (Barca) 4. Vieira (Inter) 5. Henry (Arsenal) 6. Deschamps (Juve) 7. Kohler (Juve) 8. Sammer (Dortmund) 9. Kahn (NT) 10. Kroos (Bayern) 11. Marcelo (Real) 12. Thiago Silva 13. Lahm (Kahn-Bayern) 14. Neuer (Bayern)

diarm
: 1. R. Baggio 2. Tacconi (Juve) 3. Tardelli (Juve) 4. G. Baresi (Inter) 5. Klinsmann (Inter) 6. Campbell (Spurs) 7. Scholes (NT) 8. Cantona (United) 9. Amoros (Marseille) 10. Bokšić (Marseille) 11. Veron (Lazio) 12. Gary Neville (United) 13. Völler (Amoros-OM) 14. Schuster (Leverkusen)

Cutch
: 1. Passarella 2. Bergomi (Inter) 3. Bergkamp (Inter) 4. Davids (Ajax) 5. Vierchowod (Juve) 6. Conti (Roma) 7. P. Rossi (NT) 8. Evani (Milan) 9. Donadoni (Milan) 10. Panucci (Milan) 11. De Rossi (Roma) 12. Morgan De Sanctis (Roma) 13. Cafu (Panucci-Roma)

Skizzo
: 1. J. Charles 2. O. Sivori (Juve) 3. Del Sol (Juve) 4. Santamaria (Real) 5. Pirri (Real) 6. Camacho (Real) 7. Chendo (Real) 8. Hierro (Real) 9. L. Enrique (NT) 10. Riquelme (Barcelona) 11. Tevez (Boca) 12. Buffon (Juve) 13. Cannavaro (Buffon-Juve)

The Stain
: 1. Robson 2. Giggs (United) 3. Stam (United) 4. Kaka (Milan) 5. Essien (Real) 6. A. Cole (Chelsea) 7. Beckham (NT) 8. Van Nistelrooy (United) 9. Iwan (PSV) 10. Koeman (Feyenoord) 11. Gerets (PSV) 12. Preud'homme (Standard) 13. Robben (RvN-Real) 14. Schweinsteiger (Bayern)

Tuppet (VivaJ)
: 1. Van Hanegem 2. Gullit (Feyenoord) 3. Costacurta (Milan) 4. Nesta (Milan) 5. Nedved (Lazio) 6. Del Piero (Juve) 7. Peruzzi (Juve) 8. Reuter (Juve) 9. Kopke (Nurnberg) 10. Makelele (Marseille) 11. Benzema (France) 12. Arbeloa (Real Madrid) 13. Augenthaler (Reuter-Bayern)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Nice team, can see it working very well. The pre-injury del Piero and Raul would be a pain against anyone's defense although there is a bit of physicality missing up front. Midfield would be an absolute nightmare to be up against too.
Yeah, the physicality argument can be made, but with the intelligence and all-rounded nature of the attacking players, I believe it can work out well in the end. The midfield also seems a bit strange, even after I've stuck with it in my second iteration :lol:. To me, it still seems too defensive, but I think Stielike going forward and Essien's all-rounded ability can make up for it all.

P.S. I think we should move this over to a new thread to keep things better organised. I'll let you do the honours. :angel:

Annahnomoss

Thinking about Boniek led to T.Müller and then to another thing. What would be your all time selfless/accommodating/team elevating etc (for want of a better word) XI be. The term water-carrier crept into my mind but that's too degrading a label for some of the attacking players, anyway you get the point - no Cruyff, Garrinha, Platini Maradona etc and no top-tier GOATs who'd otherwise qualify for the team - Charlton etc. Doesn't mean the players in this XI aren't greats but it's just to dissuade the shoe-horning of certain contestable greats.

It's obviously subjective. For instance, Xavi can be construed as a selfless playmaker etc but he has far too much tactical baggage for me (need the system to be built around them to excel etc) and won't get into my XI (also a top tier great to boot). On the other hand the Spanish L.Suárez was a bloody good playmaker but also much more tactically versatile and would be more in line with the requirements of this particular XI.

Law and Laudrup popped up into my minds straight away but decided to try something else and felt like I was cheating with them. Cheating with most of these players too (esp Suárez, Boniek and Schuster) but no absolute top-tier GOATs (disputable of course and Suárez belongs there imo but just couldn't leave him out).

Goalie

Bossis.......Hansen......CB........LB

Schuster......v.Hanegem

Müller......L.Suárez.......Boniek

Seeler

Couldn't think of any other defenders. Thought of Scirea (not complementary with Hansen) and Brehme but they are top 3 players in their positions. Perhaps Deschamps instead of v.Hanegem would be more suitable but feck it.

What would be yours?
He's probably not good enough for the XI's but while we're on the topic I just had to mention the remarkable Larsson.

Henrik Larsson was the definition of a player who could make a team better beyond his individual level. The type of striker partner that just clicked with everybody more or less and he seemed to be so well respected by his peers in this particular regard too. The list of strikers with completely different style who he created partnerships is endless, some very target strikers, some goal scorers, some off the ball runners, some playmaking strikers but it didn't really matter as somehow Larsson found a way to play with them.

Ronaldinho - "When he came to Barcelona, Henrik said nice things about me but by the time he left he was my idol," said Ronaldinho. "In fact, he was my idol even before that. I remember him playing for Sweden in the 1994 World Cup. Henrik taught me a lot about football and I learned even more from him as a person. I was disappointed that he left for Sweden because I would have loved to have played with him for longer. Now United will benefit from his experience and knowledge. They are incredibly lucky. He is still in incredibly good shape and could carry on playing at the highest level for a long time."

With Henrik leaving us at the end of the season this club is losing a great scorer, no question. But I am also losing a great friend. Henrik was my idol and now that I am playing next to him it is fantastic. He is a real friend and that is a pleasure. I just want to enjoy the remaining time he has with us rather than dwell on what we will be missing when he's gone. I haven't tried to convince Henrik to stay at Barcelona. I respect him so much that I can't try to influence his decision. It's something he has thought about for a long time. I'm not happy he's leaving but I'm not going to pressure him at all. At Henrik's age many players announce their retirement from international football but no one I know his age is at the great physical level Henrik is at right now. He could play at the highest level for a long time."

Henry - "People always talk about Ronaldinho, and everything but I didn't see him today - I saw Henrik Larsson. Two times he came on - he changed the game, that is what killed the game - sometimes you talk about Ronaldinho and Eto'o and people like that, you need to talk about the proper footballer who made the difference and that was Henrik Larsson tonight "

Buffon “Over my career I have played against some of the best strikers there has ever been. Both Ronaldos, Roberto Baggio, Zlatan Ibrahimovic – and I can honestly say Larsson is not out of place in those names. I faced him against Celtic and Sweden and he was a player to fear, he was very special. Celtic got his best years and I am sure the fans will always remember how fantastic it was to have one of the best players in the world for so many seasons.”

Xavi "Henrik used to talk about Celtic & it's easy to see why. He could've played at any club but I can see why he didn’t want to leave.”

antohan

As I said earlier, off the top of my head. Keepers are tough to get anyways, and Chilavert was flashing in my head for some reason. :lol:

Here's an improved 11 after a bit more digging around:

Neuer can play in pretty much any side. He can play in a counterattacking, ultra-attacking team, ultra-defensive team, possession-based, fast-paced attacking, etc., teams. He can comfortably be a sweeper keeper (Bayern) or someone who stays in goal to make saves and keep the ball out of his net (Schalke).

Pessotto was an extremely flexible player who could play on either flank, as a winger, or even in midfield.
Now you mention Pessotto... Montero is worthy of a spot, everyone who ever played with him absolutely adores him. When a retired Pessotto tried to kill himself by jumping off Juve's HQs (may have had something to do with calciopoli?), it was Montero that flew all the way from South America to be at his bedside throughout the recovery.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's probably not good enough for the XI's but while we're on the topic I just had to mention the remarkable Larsson.

Henrik Larsson was the definition of a player who could make a team better beyond his individual level. The type of striker partner that just clicked with everybody more or less and he seemed to be so well respected by his peers in this particular regard too. The list of strikers with completely different style who he created partnerships is endless, some very target strikers, some goal scorers, some off the ball runners, some playmaking strikers but it didn't really matter as somehow Larsson found a way to play with them.

Ronaldinho - "When he came to Barcelona, Henrik said nice things about me but by the time he left he was my idol," said Ronaldinho. "In fact, he was my idol even before that. I remember him playing for Sweden in the 1994 World Cup. Henrik taught me a lot about football and I learned even more from him as a person. I was disappointed that he left for Sweden because I would have loved to have played with him for longer. Now United will benefit from his experience and knowledge. They are incredibly lucky. He is still in incredibly good shape and could carry on playing at the highest level for a long time."

With Henrik leaving us at the end of the season this club is losing a great scorer, no question. But I am also losing a great friend. Henrik was my idol and now that I am playing next to him it is fantastic. He is a real friend and that is a pleasure. I just want to enjoy the remaining time he has with us rather than dwell on what we will be missing when he's gone. I haven't tried to convince Henrik to stay at Barcelona. I respect him so much that I can't try to influence his decision. It's something he has thought about for a long time. I'm not happy he's leaving but I'm not going to pressure him at all. At Henrik's age many players announce their retirement from international football but no one I know his age is at the great physical level Henrik is at right now. He could play at the highest level for a long time."

Henry - "People always talk about Ronaldinho, and everything but I didn't see him today - I saw Henrik Larsson. Two times he came on - he changed the game, that is what killed the game - sometimes you talk about Ronaldinho and Eto'o and people like that, you need to talk about the proper footballer who made the difference and that was Henrik Larsson tonight "

Buffon “Over my career I have played against some of the best strikers there has ever been. Both Ronaldos, Roberto Baggio, Zlatan Ibrahimovic – and I can honestly say Larsson is not out of place in those names. I faced him against Celtic and Sweden and he was a player to fear, he was very special. Celtic got his best years and I am sure the fans will always remember how fantastic it was to have one of the best players in the world for so many seasons.”

Xavi "Henrik used to talk about Celtic & it's easy to see why. He could've played at any club but I can see why he didn’t want to leave.”
I was definitely thinking about picking him. He was one of the most flexible strikers around who could work anyone and in any system, but I wanted to go for players with more in their locker than Larsson.

Who knows, I may put him in my 3rd or 4th iteration. :angel:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Now you mention Pessotto... Montero is worthy of a spot, everyone who ever played with him absolutely adores him. When a retired Pessotto tried to kill himself by jumping off Juve's HQs (may have had something to do with calciopoli?), it was Montero that flew all the way from South America to be at his bedside throughout the recovery.
Well, you're going over personalities now. I was also thinking about picking players who were also great people, but I wanted to keep this strictly about the football, hence why I avoided Larsson initially as well as other players like him.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Good shout with Larsson, wished he stayed longer at United. Quite the intelligent player with good team ethic.

Also your post just reminded me of Liedholm, who I frankly don't know much about in detail, but by all accounts was a magnificent playmaker who was also a brilliant team player with great work ethic.

antohan

Well, you're going over personalities now. I was also thinking about picking players who were also great people, but I wanted to keep this strictly about the football, hence why I avoided Larsson initially as well as other players like him.
Not personalities but selflessness, which usually translates to being good people/teammates.

The Stain

Henke was awesome, Annah. Such a brilliant footballing mind. He could have excelled as a trequartista or even as a regista running the game from deep. That quote from Henry is from the 06' CL final where he came on as a sub and assisted both goals. The cutback to Belletti :drool:. Barca goals start at 3:05.

antohan

Good shout with Larsson, wished he stayed longer at United. Quite the intelligent player with good team ethic.

Also your post just reminded me of Liedholm, who I frankly don't know much about in detail, but by all accounts was a magnificent playmaker who was also a brilliant team player with great work ethic.
Go on @Annahnomoss, tell us

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Anyhow @Cutch, what the hell are you up to? Woudl be great if we could have the draaw today and line up the games for next week.

I'm off on holidays on Friday so would love to get the next game out of the way by Thursday. Can't do Tuesday so Monday/Wednesday for me.
Was lookin a second opinion there but seeings there's no takers i'll just pick Leonardo (Milan) @Skizzo

antohan

mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV) 12. Nielsen (PSV) 13. Puyol (Rivaldo-Barca) 14. Eto'o (Barcelona)

antohan: 1. Facchetti 2. Boninsegna (Inter) 3. Scirea (Juve) 4. Altafini (Juve) 5. L. Buffon (Milan) 6. Julio César Abbadie (Genoa) 7. O. Varela (Peñarol) 8. V. R. Andrade (NT) 9. Juan Eduardo Hohberg (Peñarol) 10. Néstor Gonçalves (Peñarol) 11. Elías Ricardo Figueroa (Peñarol) 12. T. Cubillas (Ft. Lauderdale Strikers) 13. J.A. Schiaffino (Andrade-Peñarol) 14. Nordahl (AC Milan)

MJJ (crappy)
: 1. Romario 2. Guardiola (Barca) 3. Figo (Barca) 4. Vieira (Inter) 5. Henry (Arsenal) 6. Deschamps (Juve) 7. Kohler (Juve) 8. Sammer (Dortmund) 9. Kahn (NT) 10. Kroos (Bayern) 11. Marcelo (Real) 12. Thiago Silva 13. Lahm (Kahn-Bayern) 14. Neuer (Bayern)

diarm
: 1. R. Baggio 2. Tacconi (Juve) 3. Tardelli (Juve) 4. G. Baresi (Inter) 5. Klinsmann (Inter) 6. Campbell (Spurs) 7. Scholes (NT) 8. Cantona (United) 9. Amoros (Marseille) 10. Bokšić (Marseille) 11. Veron (Lazio) 12. Gary Neville (United) 13. Völler (Amoros-OM) 14. Schuster (Leverkusen)

Cutch
: 1. Passarella 2. Bergomi (Inter) 3. Bergkamp (Inter) 4. Davids (Ajax) 5. Vierchowod (Juve) 6. Conti (Roma) 7. P. Rossi (NT) 8. Evani (Milan) 9. Donadoni (Milan) 10. Panucci (Milan) 11. De Rossi (Roma) 12. Morgan De Sanctis (Roma) 13. Cafu (Panucci-Roma) 14. Leonardo (São Paulo)

Skizzo
: 1. J. Charles 2. O. Sivori (Juve) 3. Del Sol (Juve) 4. Santamaria (Real) 5. Pirri (Real) 6. Camacho (Real) 7. Chendo (Real) 8. Hierro (Real) 9. L. Enrique (NT) 10. Riquelme (Barcelona) 11. Tevez (Boca) 12. Buffon (Juve) 13. Cannavaro (Buffon-Juve)

The Stain
: 1. Robson 2. Giggs (United) 3. Stam (United) 4. Kaka (Milan) 5. Essien (Real) 6. A. Cole (Chelsea) 7. Beckham (NT) 8. Van Nistelrooy (United) 9. Iwan (PSV) 10. Koeman (Feyenoord) 11. Gerets (PSV) 12. Preud'homme (Standard) 13. Robben (RvN-Real) 14. Schweinsteiger (Bayern)

Tuppet (VivaJ)
: 1. Van Hanegem 2. Gullit (Feyenoord) 3. Costacurta (Milan) 4. Nesta (Milan) 5. Nedved (Lazio) 6. Del Piero (Juve) 7. Peruzzi (Juve) 8. Reuter (Juve) 9. Kopke (Nurnberg) 10. Makelele (Marseille) 11. Benzema (France) 12. Arbeloa (Real Madrid) 13. Augenthaler (Reuter-Bayern)

@Skizzo

Annahnomoss

Henke was awesome, Annah. Such a brilliant footballing mind. He could have excelled as a trequartista or even as a regista running the game from deep. That quote from Henry is from the 06' CL final where he came on as a sub and assisted both goals. The cutback to Belletti :drool:. Barca goals start at 3:10.

Sad for football that he was so loyal to Celtic as nobody really gives him the respect he deserves for the achievements and goalscoring ratio he had there. The impact he made after his peak speaks for itself both for Barcelona as a 33-34 year old no longer in his peak then more or less semi retiring until he was brought to United as a 36 year old. One loveable character.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Goalie

Bossis.......Hansen......CB........LB

Schuster......v.Hanegem

Müller......L.Suárez.......Boniek

Seeler​
Not sure van Hanegem should be in it to be honest. He was the star in an European Cup winning team. Just because he accepted playing second fiddle to Cruyff in one tournament doesn't really change that I see him as a fantastic individual. Arie Haan would be the ultimate Dutch 'watercarrier' midfielder in my opinion.

When it comes to centerbacks, Costacurta and Schwarzenbeck stand out as the ever reliable, individually still great, covering centerbacks for Baresi and Beckenbauer.

The Stain

Sad for football that he was so loyal to Celtic as nobody really gives him the respect he deserves for the achievements and goalscoring ratio he had there. The impact he made after his peak speaks for itself both for Barcelona as a 33-34 year old no longer in his peak then more or less semi retiring until he was brought to United as a 36 year old. One loveable character.
I remember watching all Celtic games that were available on TV. He scored some great goals there. The chip against Rangers one that springs to mind, quite obvious you know but it was so memorable. Ghod.

Didn't he say he wanted to stay longer at Utd but said he had made a commitment with HIF to come back? Think i remember him saying he regretted that.

Skizzo

A World Cup winner. Two European Championships. A few La Liga's, Copa del rey's, and a Champions League.

Youngest European player to reach 100 caps for their country. Only the third player to win 100 international matches.

He'll divide some opinion, but as a player he's a fantastic athlete, and gives what we need on that right flank.

Defensively he's tough in the tackle, tenacious, and will hound the attacking players. Offensively, he has the pace and stamina to drive up and down the flank, tidy passer, and can deliver a good ball into the box for our forwards.

He's solid aerially, which benefits us with an added goal threat from set pieces, and another leader at the back to fit in with the rest.

The man who picked up the number 4 jersey from his teammate here, Fernando Hierro...

I have adapted and feel comfortable in the middle, but I am a World and European champion at right-back

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Just remembered Giresse. Great team player and plenty of individual quality too. Really Iniesta-esque. Anyway any followers of the French ligue in the 80s? His goalscoring exploits for Bordeaux is quite excellent in several seasons and you don't win three French player of the Year awards by just being a great team player. Perhaps he is a bit underrated on an individual basis given that he was in the shadow of Platini, but still, it takes nothing away from his all-round game and his fantastic team ethic that was frequently on display for France.

Not sure van Hanegem should be in it to be honest. He was the star in an European Cup winning team. Just because he accepted playing second fiddle to Cruyff in one tournament doesn't really change that I see him as a fantastic individual. Arie Haan would be the ultimate Dutch 'watercarrier' midfielder in my opinion.

When it comes to centerbacks, Costacurta and Schwarzenbeck stand out as the ever reliable, individually still great, covering centerbacks for Baresi and Beckenbauer.
Aye, that pick had too much individual quality but his tactical malleability and all-round game was impressive nonetheless. I think he was the best Dutch player in the 1974 WC final with Cruyff pretty much being taken out by Vogts.

Tbf, most of the players in my team are just down to me cheating as I just couldn't leave them out :lol:. Hmmm, how about Overath instead? Perfect blend of quality and team ethic too.

Tuppet

mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV) 12. Nielsen (PSV) 13. Puyol (Rivaldo-Barca) 14. Eto'o (Barcelona)

MJJ (crappy)

diarm

Cutch
: 1. Passarella 2. Bergomi (Inter) 3. Bergkamp (Inter) 4. Davids (Ajax) 5. Vierchowod (Juve) 6. Conti (Roma) 7. P. Rossi (NT) 8. Evani (Milan) 9. Donadoni (Milan) 10. Panucci (Milan) 11. De Rossi (Roma) 12. Morgan De Sanctis (Roma) 13. Cafu (Panucci-Roma) 14. Leonardo (São Paulo)

Skizzo
: 1. J. Charles 2. O. Sivori (Juve) 3. Del Sol (Juve) 4. Santamaria (Real) 5. Pirri (Real) 6. Camacho (Real) 7. Chendo (Real) 8. Hierro (Real) 9. L. Enrique (NT) 10. Riquelme (Barcelona) 11. Tevez (Boca) 12. Buffon (Juve) 13. Cannavaro (Buffon-Juve) 14. Ramos (Real)

The Stain

Tuppet (VivaJ)
: 1. Van Hanegem 2. Gullit (Feyenoord) 3. Costacurta (Milan) 4. Nesta (Milan) 5. Nedved (Lazio) 6. Del Piero (Juve) 7. Peruzzi (Juve) 8. Reuter (Juve) 9. Kopke (Nurnberg) 10. Makelele (Marseille) 11. Benzema (France) 12. Arbeloa (Real Madrid) 13. Augenthaler (Reuter-Bayern) 14. Rummenigge (Bayern)

@Edgar Allan Pillow

The Stain

Just read the OP for the upcoming CL game against PSV. Nice to see that 5 of my players are getting decent exposure. :devil:

diarm

Love the Irwin, Seedorf and Nedved picks. Perhaps a more traditional and complete centre-forward like Lewandowski to partner Bergkamp would be more ideal though. Also echo Annah's thoughts in that perhaps there is a more suitable alternative to Pires.
Yeah I picked Benzema and Pires because I see them as facilitators rather than glory men if you know what I mean. Annah's point on Pires was a good one though.