Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

RedDevil@84

Sturridge, Wilshere, almost all our defenders should visit Pep's witch doctor who seems to have magic potions

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
City have over £100m in centrebacks sitting on the bench.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea v Spurs in the FA Youth Cup tonight. I'm sure you are all struggling to find streams as we speak.

Kinda strange that they put this on the same time as the Spurs full side, you think there'd be some effort (maybe even kicking off 2 hours before).

Canagel

Sane on the bench. What a miraculous recovery. Man City have the best doctors in the world.

Blind

No Son is bizarre, alright he would be an ideal sub against a tired defence but he's the spark in that Spurs attack.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Not sure I like this line-up from Juve. Pjanic is better in a 3.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

Quite fortunate for Spurs that they face a weakened Juve side due to injuries.
So who would normally play - and in place of whom - for Juventus that aren't in the starting XI tonight? I ask because I'm not that familiar with Juve, although I assume that Dybala would be one of the players that'd normally start.

Deleted member 101472

I have feeling that tottenham are about to absolutely batter Juventus.

Deleted member 101472

So who would normally play - and in place of whom - for Juventus that aren't in the starting XI tonight? I ask because I'm not that familiar with Juve, although I assume that Dybala would be one of the players that'd normally start.
Marchisio, Matuidi and Dybala are 3 big losses

Edit:Not Marchisio, he's on the bench

Deleted member 101472

@GlastonSpur

Aurier getting the nod ahead of Trippier is strange to me, I think he's been one of your better players in recent weeks.

matador

Basel - Man City
Juventus - Tottenham
Porto - Liverpool
Real Madrid
- PSG
Chelsea - Barcelona
Bayern
- Besiktas
Sevilla - Man United
Shakhtar - Roma

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
@GlastonSpur

Aurier getting the nod ahead of Trippier is strange to me, I think he's been one of your better players in recent weeks.
Well, maybe Poch thinks that Trippier needs a rest, or perhaps he thinks the greater pace of Aurier is the better option for tonight - who knows. We'll miss Trippier's crossing ability for sure.

Deleted member 101472

Well, maybe Poch thinks that Trippier needs a rest, or perhaps he thinks the greater pace of Aurier is the better option for tonight - who knows. We'll miss Trippier's crossing ability for sure.
It's not that much of a difference is it?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Dybala, Barzagli, Matuidi, Lichtsteiner and Cuadrado are the notable names missing. Not sure which of those would be starting - or in place of who - but would probably be Lichtsteiner or Cuadrado in place of De Sciglio plus Dybala and Matuidi in there somewhere.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
It's not that much of a difference is it?
I think there's a fair bit of difference pace-wise ... not massive, but definitely some. He's more athletic and he has more ability than Trippier (when playing as wing-back) to beat his man and get to the byline. However, he's not done that much so far at Spurs it has to be said.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Ok Harry Kane. Let’s see if it’s justified to call you “best striker in the world”.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
@GlastonSpur

Probably trying to fight Mandzukic, Aurier is more of a physical presence and it feels like a better match up for Spurs.

Tottenham won't batter Juve, Juve are incredible at home and they've conceded like 1 goal for 2 months. Tottenham would do very well to get 1 goal in this match, I'm expecting it to be a pretty boring game and for it to end with everything still to play for.

Cloud7

Have a strong feeling Spurs are gonna do it to Juventus tonight

Poch

Supports
Spurs
2-1 spurs tonight, Juve won’t know what’s hit them.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Not really true as you play four at the back. Looks to me like Laporte and Otamendi are the starters with Stones and Kompany being the backups.
There's a difference between being a back-up and not starting a game.

Say you start your game against Sevilla with a mind on the weekend fixtures, so you rest Martial. Rasford, Mata and Sanchez behind Lukaku. Does that suddenly make Martial a back-up? Of course it doesn't.