Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

prateik

That was shocking poor defending as a team for the free kick..
What were they doing?

Deleted member 101472

I’d like to retract my previous statement. What a finish

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Chris Smalling marks set pieces better than that.

Deleted member 101472

You cannot criticize the goalkeeper there, other worldly technique to hit a volley like that

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Christ what a start. This plays right to Juve's gameplay. They will be hard to break now.

Cloud7

and someone in the football forums asking why we'd want to finish in the top four. Crazy.
Crazy indeed. The seasons when we were below par, one of the worst parts of them was that we weren’t in the CL. I will argue this until my dying day, CL is the epitome of club football. It is the be all and end all.

Yagami

Good post resistant
When you see two of Europe’s top teams standing out there and that CL anthem begins to play, it beggars belief that there are people who would really prefer to win a domestic league than this magical competition
To me, it doesn't feel right winning this competition without winning your league. Champions of Europe but not of England/wherever?

GM K

The champions league is a different animal. History weighs in this competition. Spurs are novices here. Same for City. Lucky they got paired with Basel but we'll see what happens when the competition gets to the gritty parts.

bebeanderson

The offside line in set pieces is a modern tactic that every team uses that I just cannot understand. It seems like every ball is dangerous and the linesmen is too prone to feck up. I'm all for man marking in set pieces.