Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Ban

So many teams I want out in CL, City, Liverpool, Madrid (altho of course PSG still has a chance)..

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The Champions League is just Real home. They always do well here. P.S.G. were good, but lacked cojones in the key moments of the game.

What's up with all these Champions League from english clubs?

Fenomeno9

Taking out Cavani wasn’t the issue since PSG was dominating. I think he could of used Di Maria or even possibly bring in Diarra for Le Celso

marktan

5-0 won't watch football for a long time. Worst result ever in our stadium. Key players missing can't explain everything. Complete shambles. Joke of a club etc
It is a drubbing but nothing to be ashamed of, that Liverpool attack have been that good all season. If they had sorted out their defence in the summer they'd be up there challenging with Man City.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Great turnaround for Madrid. To think people wrote them and Ronaldo off!

What on earth is that from Liverpool as well! Teams get blown away by them!
When we’re good, we’re really good.

Porto were hideous though. Mane’s first goal was so poor from their keeper and they left so many gaps after we scored the second.

It’s nice that we can already think about the quarter finals though. I really don’t want City.

Rajma

We're still the best team in the world, but too many diva's on the team don't feel like trying when the game is not really important.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Real Madrid is the first favorite to win CL this season.
Yeah, that’s why if you scroll down to the pages leading up to the game, I said Real still should win it convincingly today and placed a nice bet too;)

deafepl

Can't say I am surprised with the Liverpool result. That Benfica team Utd played, and were hideous, have only lost one game all season in their league.
Are you confusing Benfica with Porto? Liverpool played Porto, we played Benfica.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Enjoyed that game. Can't wait for the return leg.
Emery should have probably taken off Mbappe instead of Cavani.

Aboutreika18

We're still the best team in the world, but too many diva's on the team don't feel like trying when the game is not really important.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Real Madrid is the first favorite to win CL this season.
Is your username a reference to Ronaldinho? Because I keep thinking you're a Barca fan but you're not.

cyberman

This Madrid side falls to City, Liverpool and Spurs imo. Leave those openings and they would get cut open.
PSG were too slow around Madrids box, they reminded me of Utd with the pass played half a stride too far or having shots crowded out.

Joe Cole Is Exhausted

Supports
Chelsea FC
Liverpool have put themselves in position to field a reserve team against Porto ahead of their league game at United 4 days later. Could be important in the top 4 race.

Theonas

Scout

Not sure if serious but that's just ridiculous. Individually maybe, you are only behind Barcelona and that's just because they have Messi but other than that? don't be daft.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I think his link up play has improved dramatically since moving to united. As has his first touch. Unsure why some can't see that.
Yes he has improved somewhat but in return he has almost stopped scoring (service blah blah).

Please don't tell people they should be on suicide watch just because they don't think we're on the elite level.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Well that was a proper spanking. That third goal was something else . The beauty of it all is Liverpool are now heading to Malaga for a five days abd we can rest players in the return leg. Also. Andy Robertson is a great player. Nine million was he ? All day la' .

marktan

Madrid definitely looked less fluid than they did last season, I think in large due to Carvajal missing (his ability to pick passes is huge) and Ronaldo and Benzema not looking great early on. Their usual suspects like Marcelo Kroos Modric etc still look good, and they still have solid depth on the bench. I wouldn't have them favourites ahead of Barca but on their day they have the quality to win.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@broccoli You have to take the positive there. Conceição would be foolish to keep insisting on José Sá in the crucial run in for the league. Casillas has to return.

Bobski

Are you confusing Benfica with Porto? Liverpool played Porto, we played Benfica.
Yes and Benfica are 2 points behind Porto having only lost one league game all season. Indicative of the quality of their league.

Bole Top

predicted 3-1 or 4-1 in other thread so this wasn't really surprising to me. this PSG team is very overrated and they just can't win tough and important matches, yet they don't play those kind of games in France.

Madrid will probably beat them in return leg too. 2-2 or 1-2.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
This Madrid side falls to City, Liverpool and Spurs imo. Leave those openings and they would get cut open.
PSG were too slow around Madrids box, they reminded me of Utd with the pass played half a stride too far or having shots crowded out.
Everyone was saying the same about PSG and look at the score.

I swear, lately it feels like I should be praying for Barcelona to get them in the UCL legs just so we can send them home or be gone with dignity, can't stand the double letdown of Real beating anyone else and we bottling it against teams that end up breaking down when they face Real Madrid.