Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Theonas

Scout

Bottlers ? :lol:
I usually think those tags are silly but when you look at how they lost to an average City side two years ago, the capitulation last year vs Barcelona and tonight, it's hard to not see a pattern there. Something seriously wrong there.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Not disagreeing it’s a pen but there was a very little pull no. I mean we know footballers get contact and they’ll make the most of it. Professional dive maybe would be a term, not sure how you’d class it.
Just thought in real life if there wasn’t a penalty reward system for that reaction as a human you;d have to be seriously weak to go down like he did.

I just thought it was funny, but yeah a foul by the new non contact version of the game.
I often like to imagine what would happen if a mate did that sort of thing in a 6-a side.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Horrendous display today, our biggest defeat at home in CL history was by two goals, today was five.
We completely collapsed after the two goals in short succession.
It was suicidal to play with a midfield of two, specially with Danilo out, lacking 3 starters (1 in each sector) was way too much to handle.
Liverpool scored 5 goals with just 6 shots on target :lol:

At least now we can concentrate in the League.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes he has improved somewhat but in return he has almost stopped scoring (service blah blah).

Please don't tell people they should be on suicide watch just because they don't think we're on the elite level.
They should be on suicide watch for constantly moaning about United in a thread about the CL games that are live that night.

There's ample threads on the forum to be negative and cry in, just stop subjecting everyone else to it in the wrong thread.

redshaw

Can't back against Ronaldo but PSG did well for most for the game.

Mbappe wasn't offside a few minutes before Ronaldo got the second. Looked like PSG could make it 2-1.

Jamie L

Supports
Liverpool
When we’re good, we’re really good.

Porto were hideous though. Mane’s first goal was so poor from their keeper and they left so many gaps after we scored the second.

It’s nice that we can already think about the quarter finals though. I really don’t want City.
5-0 away from home in the knockout stages is seriously impressive, even if Porto aren’t exactly great. Can hardly believe it, I’m so happy with that. Great to see Mane working hard to get his goals when he’s not been in his best form. Also, good to see Danny Ings getting ten minutes or so in the CL after the awful luck he’s had.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well done tonight, the big teams really know when to step up. Prepare to lose one of your players to PSG though
I officially want Rabiot from them. They can have Theo or Kovacic

el3mel

I usually think those tags are silly but when you look at how they lost to an average City side two years ago, the capitulation last year vs Barcelona and tonight, it's hard to not see a pattern there. Something seriously wrong there.
They don't have the personality and character any top team has in these kind of games.

Fenomeno9

The tie isn’t over by any stretch though, I don’t know why so many jump to conclusions. It happened yesterday as well when Juventus went up 2-0.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well that was a proper spanking. That third goal was something else . The beauty of it all is Liverpool are now heading to Malaga for a five days abd we can rest players in the return leg. Also. Andy Robertson is a great player. Nine million was he ? All day la' .
You still lost to Swansea the other week.

AlwaysRed66

Can't say I am surprised with the Liverpool result. That Benfica team Utd played, and were hideous, have only lost one game all season in their league.
I have just looked at the Portuguese league and see Porto, Benfica, & Sporting have incredibly have only lost two matches between them. Presumably against each other.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not disagreeing it’s a pen but there was a very little pull no. I mean we know footballers get contact and they’ll make the most of it. Professional dive maybe would be a term, not sure how you’d class it.
Just thought in real life if there wasn’t a penalty reward system for that reaction as a human you;d have to be seriously weak to go down like he did.

I just thought it was funny, but yeah a foul by the new non contact version of the game.
I know what you mean. I also don't like seeing players falling with some insignificant contact, but in this case, he was clearly pulled (as slightly as he did, but you could also argue that Kroos would be foolish to stay on his feet in such position).

Tbh I'm more shocked by the stupidity of PSG player. Absolutely necessary and Kroos would be closed in the next second by Alves.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
PSG's midfield isn't that great. I said in the summer they needed improving in that area but was giving a list of midfield players they have..

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
We're usually a bit shit away and Madrid were quite lucky with the result. I'm still confident for the second leg, it will be something else at the Parc des Princes.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I remember you predicted a 3-1 win for Porto. :lol:
That's ok. I'm a Sporting fan and hate Porto and didn't expect this kind of drubbing. Porto gk/defense and non existent midfield had a mare.

Trizy

Madrid were the much better team. PSG supposed to be this new super team, state backed and elite level througout. They ended up looking foolish tonight just like last year vs Barcelona.

The tie is far from over but it's an uphill battle and I don't think they have the bottle. Bunch of mercenaries. As soon as we see the end of City and PSG the better. Unfortunately for England though, City probably won't be going anywhere.

cyberman

@Ishdalar
I don't wanna blow my own trumpet but I'm on record here backing an easy Madrid win. I don't think PSG have an answer to adversity other than swarming and dominating opponents which you just can't do at this level.
Madrid are a historic win in waiting for those English clubs imo, and the media fallout will be sickenly biblical.

Bobski

I have just looked at the Portuguese league and see Porto, Benfica, & Sporting have incredibly have only lost two matches between them. Presumably against each other.
Yes, and they all get minced when they go up a level. European football is not, continent wide, in the best health.

Used to be that Portugal was the first staging area for some outstanding South America talent, they could keep them for a couple of years before they were snapped up. Can't even do that now, the best domestic talent gets cherry picked and they are left with second and third rate types. Moving the way of Holland.

Ban

Watching Liverpool would break your heart.

Gimme 3rd or 4th and scintillating attackers over the sewage we offer in 2nd.
I'd take 6th for their attackers. I want nice football, not trash they're serving us in 2nd. Hell I want nice, free flowing football over results.

deafepl

Yes and Benfica are 2 points behind Porto having only lost one league game all season. Indicative of the quality of their league.
Russian or Swiss teams defeated Benfica too. I think quality of the league have been ripped apart by top 5 league who are looking for cheap players, no wonder they are one of most profitable club when it come to sell players.

Moonred

Expected the Real win. More experienced and more winners. The away goal doesn’t count a lot as Real are guaranteed to score. It’s not over but Real favourites. Lot of strange overrating of Psg and how they are the only ones who could stop the other favourites pre match. Head scratcher from Emery though they were fine overall but they do miss something.

wr8_utd

:'(
The decisions that Madrid get in the CL are just something else. They're a great team anyway and then they get every dodgy decision go their way on top of that.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes, and they all get minced when they go up a level. European football is not, continent wide, in the best health.
Yep. And it reflects on the quality of the league. But it was a really bad night for Porto. I didn't expect it. I thought they would give Liverpool a good match, kinda like we did against Juventus and Barcelona this year. No excuses for that tactical setup and defensive performance though.