Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm gonna say I think Liverpool have a real chance at winning this. They don't play in the same way as the majority of the rest of the teams and when their front 3 are on fire I can't see any team handling them.
I'd fancy or chances against City, Spurs, anyone of Sevilla/United/Shakhtar/Roma and maybe even Barca if those teams proceed. Yes, we can beat any team left in the competition on our day but in general, we leak too many goals to win over two legs against experienced teams like Real, Bayern or Juve.

City aren't even close to favourites imo. Real wil be for me if they go through, followed by Bayern and Barcelona. They're still on another level compared to the rest for me and the one team they usually all kind of struggle against is already eliminated.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Iam happy to be in the QF to be honest. If we perform to our very best in the QF against most teams that are left then we have a chance for the SF. It totally depends on who we get and howcwe perform. I'd love Sevilla to be honest as we owe them one.
True enough but that's not the main reason I'd want Sevilla next round :p

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Certainly is and major respect to Madrid agreeing to play two 1/4 final matches on the same night !
Edited anyways.

Poor Liverpool fan wanting respect and posts praising them when most are busy watching Madrid vs PSG, probably the tie of this round.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Fantastic results in both ties. Can’t stand PSG and our win gives us the chance to rest key players before our game against you. Happy days

Nickosaur

Well that was a proper spanking. That third goal was something else . The beauty of it all is Liverpool are now heading to Malaga for a five days abd we can rest players in the return leg. Also. Andy Robertson is a great player. Nine million was he ? All day la' .
You still won't achieve anything this season, la. Happy valentine's!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yes. No country solidarity in this rivalry. Always want to see Porto and Benfica lose.
Never understood that mentality...cheering on a team just because they represent your country or hoping they do well just for the coefficients and crap! Not a chance!

Irrational.

The Scousers on TalkSport are pretty unbearable tonight - you'd think they'd just trounced Barcelona 5-0. I don't blame them for being confident - I'm sure we'd be as well if we'd beaten Porto by that margin - but one of them was predicting a Liverpool-City CL final. Had to switch it off. :lol:

The presenter rightly retorted by stating they might want to try beating the likes of West Brom and Swansea easily before seeing CL dreams. A team with a half-decent attack will always give them problems.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'd fancy or chances against City, Spurs, anyone of Sevilla/United/Shakhtar/Roma and maybe even Barca if those teams proceed. Yes, we can beat any team left in the competition on our day but in general, we leak too many goals to win over two legs against experienced teams like Real, Bayern or Juve.

City aren't even close to favourites imo. Real wil be for me if they go through, followed by Bayern and Barcelona. They're still on another level compared to the rest for me and the one team they usually all kind of struggle against is already eliminated.
Iam happy to be in the QF to be honest. If we perform to our very best in the QF against most teams that are left then we have a chance for the SF. It totally depends on who we get and howcwe perform. I'd love Sevilla to be honest as we owe them one.
For me it's you are the only team that doesn't play the same old build up tappy, tappy stuff. With your front three you can happily concede the ball and simply wait for your chance to counter, and with the out and out pace you have there is very little teams can do about it. You don't play conventionally which I think is a massive benifit, especially in Europe.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
PSG are bottlers. Real didn't even play that well IMO, and they still won comfortably.

I see no way they lose by 2+ goals at the Parc Des Princes. They'll get a result there too IMO.
I don’t think its as simple as calling them bottlers. I just think they don’t have enough opportunities to play against quality teams or at that sort of intensity.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There was one hilarious bit of 'defending' from van Dijk in the second half where the Porto forward was in possession in the Liverpool box and put van Dijk on his arse without doing anything in particular. It was the weirdest piece of defending I've seen in many a month. :lol:
I’m pretty sure you just made that up. :lol:

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Thought the Madrid-PSG game was desperately low on quality for two sides supposedly stacked with it.

Marcelo was brilliant though. Had Mbappe in his pocket, set up goals, scored, played a pass to put Ronaldo in that would make De Bruyne weep. Superb full back.

You’ll go out to the first defensively competent side you face with a decent goalkeeper.

Same as in the other domestic cup competitions, and same as when you don’t win in the league.

Rafateria

The Scousers on TalkSport are pretty unbearable tonight - you'd think they'd just trounced Barcelona 5-0. I don't blame them for being confident - I'm sure we'd be as well if we'd beaten Porto by that margin - but one of them was predicting a Liverpool-City CL final. Had to switch it off. :lol:

The presenter rightly retorted by stating they might want to try beating the likes of West Brom and Swansea easily before seeing CL dreams. A team with a half-decent attack will always give them problems.
Haha I wonder if the presenter would say the same to RM - except mentioning Levante (2 draws) and their defeats to Betis, Girona and Villareal ;)

I'm not making any comparisons before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion !

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
Yes. No country solidarity in this rivalry. Always want to see Porto and Benfica lose.
As a supporter of the same team as you, I don't want them to lose always. When they play each other I can be happy with a draw in some occasions but only when they play each other.

Reactions: Sly

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Last year Madrid beat Atleti 3-0 at home and 10 minutes into the second leg they were losing 2-0. This is far from over.
In 2014 we beat dortmund 3-0 and then went one glorious mhkitaryan miss from total capitulation in the second leg

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Thought the Madrid-PSG game was desperately low on quality for two sides supposedly stacked with it.

Marcelo was brilliant though. Had Mbappe in his pocket, set up goals, scored, played a pass to put Ronaldo in that would make De Bruyne weep. Superb full back.

You’ll go out to the first defensively competent side you face with a decent goalkeeper.

Same as in the other domestic cup competitions, and same as when you don’t win in the league.
So Leicester and West Brom are defensively competent sides? Weird post considering our record in cup competitions under Klopp. Generally speaking we’ve gone out to poor sides that we should be beating.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I've got a really good friend from Porto. I texted him at 3 - 0 and I've heard nothing.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
For me it's you are the only team that doesn't play the same old build up tappy, tappy stuff. With your front three you can happily concede the ball and simply wait for your chance to counter, and with the out and out pace you have there is very little teams can do about it. You don't play conventionally which I think is a massive benifit, especially in Europe.
True but saying that ( without going into the ref stuff ) Spurs did boss the second half at Anfield and twatted us at their gaff this season. Hope Juventus beat them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
In 2014 we beat dortmund 3-0 and then went one glorious mhkitaryan miss from total capitulation in the second leg
Both times you still went through and I think it will be somewhat similar. Still think you'll have to suffer a lot before getting to the quarters. PSG will come out on fire in the second leg with the stadium behind them, it's not going to be easy.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Never understood that mentality...cheering on a team just because they represent your country or hoping they do well just for the coefficients and crap! Not a chance!
Same here. The only team I can remember cheering on was Norwich in the early / mid 90's.

RedStarUnited

Messi and Suarez against Liverpool? they will win it. If Liverpool can add a measure of control to their games that's what could take them to glory.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t think its as simple as calling them bottlers. I just think they don’t have enough opportunities to play against quality teams or at that sort of intensity.
They were just plain unlucky tonight

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
So Leicester and West Brom are defensively competent sides? Weird post considering our record in cup competitions under Klopp. Generally speaking we’ve gone out to poor sides that we should be beating.
It’s not just Leicester and West Brom who’ve got results. And the teams don’t have to be world beaters across the season or even defensively reknowned. Just need to have their shit together for one game. Liverpool can make teams look silly but more often than not these big results have been against shambolic defences with opposition keepers chucking them in, or naive teams who concede one then go out chasing the game leaving gaps all over the place.

Irrational.

Haha I wonder if the presenter would say the same to RM - except mentioning Levante (2 draws) and their defeats to Betis, Girona and Villareal ;)

I'm not making any comparisons before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion !
:lol:

Good point. They've been pretty shoddy in the league this season.

Either way if the ties in this round go the way we think, we are in for an absolute treat in the QFs. :drool:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
True but saying that ( without going into the ref stuff ) Spurs did boss the second half at Anfield and twatted us at their gaff this season. Hope Juventus beat them.
Yeah I wouldn’t fancy it against Spurs. I don’t really like the idea of playing City either. I think they’d beat us over two legs.

I wouldn’t mind seeing how we’d do against Barcelona.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
It’s not just Leicester and West Brom who’ve got results. And the teams don’t have to be world beaters across the season or even defensively reknowned. Just need to have their shit together for one game. Liverpool can make teams look silly but more often than not these big results have been against shambolic defences with opposition keepers chucking them in, or naive teams who concede one then go out chasing the game leaving gaps all over the place.
Like Man City.