g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
In midfield ? You were raped. And you were trash as the stats show Sevilla (25-8) United 6 (1). Sevilla were shite at both ends though whereas United created virtually nothing all game. As I've said above .. I can't see Sevilla not scoring if they continue in that vein which will make it an interesting game however I still expect United to go through now.
Well done on using the word rape to WUM on here. Sums up the kind of poster you are.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In midfield ? You were raped. And you were trash as the stats show Sevilla (25-8) United 6 (1). Sevilla were shite at both ends though whereas United created virtually nothing all game. As I've said above .. I can't see Sevilla not scoring if they continue in that vein which will make it an interesting game however I still expect United to go through now.
:lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The major issue about Fonseca is getting a good assistant to help him to keep the discipline in the squad. If he gets some Everton legend ex-capitain on the coaching staff to help on the hair-dryer treatments, things will go smooth.

Porto fans can't really complain about his time at the club, to be honest. He had to assemble a team with players like Licá, Josué, Carlos Eduardo, Varela, etc, and most of those players were released at the end of the season.
Agree. Someone like Unsworth or Duncan Ferguson. They know the club obviously and can help instill discipline and the club's values and identity.

Fonseca's time at Porto can't be used as a real barometer for his work. The club was in turmoil and like you said, the players he had at his disposal were mediocre at best. It would take a miracle to win something with that squad.

LuenerLinguist

that's what I initially thought but statistically and by quite a margin, it isn't
Statistic doesnt matter. If you play 0:0 at home and 1:1 away you go through. This fact alone showes you that 0:0 is the better result.

It is the better result even if 80% of the teams playing 1:1 at home make the next round and only 40% of the teams that played 0:0 at home. There is no causal connection.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Is it not bad enough that RedCafe has become an all-day adult creche for this guy, but we have to listen to his creepy rape abuse too.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
United should still go through ... but if Sevilla score first it will get twitchy.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If - IF - Sevilla should somehow score, they are likely to go through. I don't believe they can do it though. They didn't manage at home while being absolutely in charge of the match, they won't at OT.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
We changed managers in the meantime. After that, we beat PSG 3-1. proper enough team?
Already said you guys were a great team if you read my post. Just think it’s a bit premature to crown you best in the world.

PSG got the result they needed to win the group in that game. Bayern played much better than they did compared to the first PSG match obviously

Rafateria

Well done on using the word rape to WUM on here. Sums up the kind of poster you are.
Yes it was inappropriate and I shouldn't have used pub banter. I should have realised that with such a large mixed sex poster-base, and especially so in light of recent revelations and today's climate, it may upset some people.

Apologies to anyone upset by my insensitive use of such language.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Already said you guys were a great team if you read my post. Just think it’s a bit premature to crown you best in the world.
don't think anyone did. I certainly don't think so. That team is skill-wise on par with the 2013 winners, but the situation has changed and other teams have an even deeper squadand even more quality throughout.

PSG got the result they needed to win the group in that game. Bayern played much better than they did compared to the first PSG match obviously
Rating anyone -at least those poised to reach the QF at least - on CL group matches performance is a bit silly anyways

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
don't think anyone did. I certainly don't think so. That team is skill-wise on par with the 2013 winners, but the situation has changed and other teams have an even deeper squadand even more quality throughout.

Rating anyone -at least those poised to reach the QF at least - on CL group matches performance is a bit silly anyways

I agree, however someone a page or two ago was saying Man City and Bayern are the comfortable favorites to win CL. I don't think there is a favorite at all. This is probably the most open CL has been in years.

Gonçalo Motta

I honestly can't see Real losing this. CL is the only thing that can save their season atm and no matter how bad they are playing in the league, they always seem like a completely different beast in the CL.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I honestly can't see Real losing this. CL is the only thing that can save their season atm and no matter how bad they are playing in the league, they always seem like a completely different beast in the CL.
This. I just don't see PSG having the mental fortitude to overtake that bad scoreline in the first leg. Certainly cannot see PSG keep a clean sheet. It still won't prevent me from betting on them though.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid usually make it hard for themselves, last year they beat Napoli 3-1 at home and a few minutes into the second leg they were 1-0 down. They beat Atleti 3-0 in the first leg at home and in the second leg they were 2-0 down after 10 minutes.

I think they'll pull through but I doubt it will be easy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Salah and VVD out. Annoying they're in a position to rest their best players. Luckily for us we don't have any best players to rest anyway.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Very surprised Firmino isn’t being rested. Hopefully he’ll be replaced at half time. On another note, come on Real! Feel dirty now..

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Hope it's not another beating. We are playing with a very secondary team. I barely know this Bruno Costa because he's from the B team. Haven't seen Waris much either and the midfield is ultra soft.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Hope it's not another beating. We are playing with a very secondary team. I barely know this Bruno Costa because he's from the B team. Haven't seen Waris much either and the midfield is ultra soft.
Hopefully you don't lose 12-1 on aggregate. That would be embarassing.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It won't be, it's not a particularly cohesive side we've picked. Mane is the main goal threat. Hopefully Lallana comes through it, really need him fit.

Jayus20

Supports
Liverpool
Bar Salah and Van Dijk it's basically the same quality as our first 11 the team we've put out tonight, if yours is a B team then yeah not going to be a good result for you guys tonight I doubt. Think we should have played Ings over Firmino with Salah on the right and rotated our midfield a little more playing Lallana in there but ahh well, should be a fun game regardless.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Hopefully you don't lose 12-1 on aggregate. That would be embarassing.
:lol: i can see it happening although it wouldn't be a fair indicator of the difference between the two teams. It's not like Liverpool is on Bayern's level and we are doing a good season despite being injury plagued!

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Not really good at keeping a minutes silence in Paris.

Eriku

What the feck is wrong with the people who can’t observe a minute’s silence for Astori? Really gets my fecking goat, that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Name the Ex Cheltenham Town player in the PSG-Madrid game. :D