Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So am I the only utd fan rooting for spurs?
Probably. I have always liked them tbh but I'd rather face Juve than Spurs. Not that I underestimate Juve, it's just proper CL night and Spurs are just, well, Spurs.

kps88

What is this song that started playing the second the ref blew his whistle for FT?

Greck

Good showing by Spurs but their backline showed inexperience over the course of the tie. Repeatedly shat themselves with all the needless fouls in the box and constant switching off. Their attack is great but the game is played on two ends

Imran Mamdani

So, will the Kane looking for a trophy winning club transfer rumours start again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That was a monstrous performance. The balls on this Juve team...

One of the best CL comebacks I've ever seen and full credit to Allegri

Giggs86

Told you all that Spurs gonna Spurs :lol:

What were you thinking, it's Spurs after all.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Spurs were naive. Should have sat back like what Simone or Conte or Mourinho do, once you have a goal. Same stuff as in the Europa last year. If you are doing the pressing game, you have to go at 90% for the whole match and even then it is not a certainty.

Traub

Juventus did well to get through, but they've had a poor CL campaign in all honesty. Not a team to be feared.
Reminds me of Barca against PSG last season. Experience only got them so far but eventually it fell apart.

Classical Mechanic

Got to give it to Juve, that was a classic smash and grab. 3 shots on target, 2 goals. Once they had the lead they could settle into the game they excel at i.e. camped in their own half and defending. Spurs didn't look like scoring after that happened.

Dolf

How did they feck this up? I would almost say Spurs deserved to win this but it's spurs so.... :lol::lol::lol:
Won't be long till Kane realises his career won't be going anywhere at Spurs and moves to Real Madrid. After that they can't hold on to their players and that my friends will be the end of Spurs as a top 3 club

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Unlucky Spurs.
Unlucky? Outclassed! The Italians knew what they were doing, almost like a clock. They did two substitutions and score twice in the next five minutes! Luck!

mu4c_20le

But they "played well".....so how so?

Surely it's purely on Juventus being more clinical, and a bit more lucky on the day.
They were completely on top in the first half, juve did not have a single shot until half time. I feel like Poch failed to adapt to the subtle changes from juve and at the end of the day, experience won.

Member 90887

The best team at what? At the attacking spirit of football? Maybe…
Peoplr don't understand that there's more to football than playing well. It's a naïf way to see things for me. But yeah, what can you do.

marktan

Spurs' big weakness are their full backs and it shows. Bad mistakes by Aurier and Davies for the 2 goals in the last match, and in this match Davies and Trippier offered nothing from full back. There's a darth of top quality full backs atm and Spurs sold one of those to City in the summer (imo the £50m wasn't even that expensive for what Walker offers since there's not many on a similar level to him).