Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasgow 21

There isn't ever going to be a point in time where this sentence is true.
Ever a time in this sentence (above) where there is a point that is true.

Nice of you to edit my post where I look like a clown. If you think its only the Glazers is the single problem at United crack on.

Lentwood

Cant help but feel Sheikh Jassim is massively misreading the room with his offer including additional cash for 'paying off the debt, upgrading facilities and invest in the playing staff'.

What's the purpose of making that public? Does he think the Glazers care what he does once he owns the club? I fear all they hear when he makes those kinds of statements is 'I have room to bid higher'.

Widow

Ever a time in this sentence (above) where there is a point that is true.

Nice of you to edit my post where I look like a clown. If you think its only the Glazers is the single problem at United crack on.
I simply took the first few words of your comment, grow up.

EDIT: I've just been back to read it again, It's your first bloody sentence so where is the editing? You silly sausage! Furthermore, I have zero idea what the first line of your reply is about.

Last edited:

Infra-red

Cant help but feel Sheikh Jassim is massively misreading the room with his offer including additional cash for 'paying off the debt, upgrading facilities and invest in the playing staff'.

What's the purpose of making that public? Does he think the Glazers care what he does once he owns the club? I fear all they hear when he makes those kinds of statements is 'I have room to bid higher'.
I assume it was designed to get public support behind their bid, to put pressure on the Glazers and, to a lesser extent Ineos. Basically, all part of the PR game that both prospective owners have been playing.

As you say, the Glazers wouldn't care in the slightest if OT burnt to the ground five minutes after they sold up. The future of the club does not matter to them.

Lentwood

I assume it was designed to get public support behind their bid, to put pressure on the Glazers and, to a lesser extent Ineos. Basically, all part of the PR game that both prospective owners have been playing.
I expect so...but its not going to work is it? The Glazers have shown they dont give a monkeys about anything besides nickels and dimes. I really cant see them caring who the public support, they'll choose the bid thats £1 higher

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
The pace of news is terrible. It would an insult to a snail to compare the speed of movement.
We should have a system where if the gossip journos fail to give us anything by like 11pm on any given Friday evening it triggers an amnesty where the maddest people in this thread can post any baseless two digit follower twitter insanity they want until like 9am the Saturday morning.

DownRiver

This is more and more likely to be a tactic to announce Ratcliff Glazer, Joel Glazer and Avram Glazer partnering at the end of the season to avoid fan backlash in games.

George The Best

As you say, the Glazers wouldn't care in the slightest if OT burnt to the ground five minutes after they sold up. The future of the club does not matter to them.
It should matter to Raine Group though. Their role should be to evaluate and advise on the merits of the bids in the best interests of the asset they are trying to sell. If they are just an auctioneer then they are a waste of money. Their advice should be open to scrutiny and that’s where the problem might be. If Raine say the SJ bid is in the best interests of the club, but Glazer’s say feck that just get the highest offer, then Raine would not like to be seen as giving bad advice.

DOTA

This is more and more likely to be a tactic to announce Ratcliff Glazer, Joel Glazer and Avram Glazer partnering at the end of the season to avoid fan backlash in games.
There wouldn't be any significant backlash to that. We'd only see a backlash if they've decided not to sell control of the club.

Herman Toothrot

Bringing onboard angry shills is part of the plan. Millions of useful idiots passionately fighting your corner for absolutely no reason. What do you think they're paying all this money for?

Steve Bruce

They’re going to wait until after the final aren’t they? So they can leave claiming another trophy in their tenure.
If they announced their preferred bidder now they'd still own the club after the FA Cup Final. If they made the announcement now, it'll likely be the end of June before that process is done and then the FA has to do their fit and proper test which can take a further 4 weeks or more unless that can be conducted while the Preferred bidder process is ongoing, I don't know. But for me it looks like end of July start of August before this is complete at best, but I'm certainly no authority on the process so I could be wrong.

dacore

But do they really have to announce a preferred bidder? Is it like a requirement? Couldn't they just announce in a couple of days that they have reached an agreement with one of the parties?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
And you know this how? How difficult is that to understand?
As difficult as it is to understand what a “minority shareholder” actually means when it comes to voting power.

Hint: No voting power whatsoever.

AlPistacho

And you know this how? How difficult is that to understand?
I think people who still prefer Ratcliffe don’t have logic or reason to justify their decision so they resort to snarky comments. Also who cares if the glazers do or don’t have power, do people think they’re going to keep a stake and not expect a yearly dividend? Even if they don’t, after 18 years of destroying the club some fans want them completely gone. Is that so difficult for Ratcliffe supporters to understand.

AlPistacho

They’re going to wait until after the final aren’t they? So they can leave claiming another trophy in their tenure.
I think the plan might be if we beat City to try and squeeze more. They’ll say United are in the CL, have beaten City in a final etc so the club is in a better state then people realise.

mu4c_20le

I think people who still prefer Ratcliffe don’t have logic or reason to justify their decision so they resort to snarky comments. Also who cares if the glazers do or don’t have power, do people think they’re going to keep a stake and not expect a yearly dividend? Even if they don’t, after 18 years of destroying the club some fans want them completely gone. Is that so difficult for Ratcliffe supporters to understand.
Believe me, we understand very well when you let your emotions cloud your judgment.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think people who still prefer Qatar don’t have logic or reason to justify their decision so they resort to dumb assumptions.

Furthermore, ALL United fans want the Glazers completely gone, just some of us can be pragmatic and realise that keeping the Glazers as minority shareholders is merely a means to an end. 3 years down the line they will be compelled by the contract put and call clause to sell the remaining stake.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How do you know they won’t still be getting yearly dividends?
Slightly different question to having power that isn't it.

I don't know. But as minority share holders would they have the choice to take them? Assuming by the name "minority shareholder" I doubt they'd have the chance to take them. Any business heads want to chip in here?

If they do, that's if they do. I doubt it would be anywhere near what they took.

Who's to say whoever takes over won't take them anyway?

Amarsdd

:lol:

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
The old maxim 'they know the price of everything and the value of nothing' springs to mind when I think of the Glazers. They are part of the history of the club now but I wonder what future historians will write of them in, say, 50 years time? What will be their legacy?
When they arrived in 2003, the club was the biggest football brand in the world and had won 7 of the last 10 leagues -treble included- while their neighbours didn't win any; when they leave the club will be 5th in brand value and the neighbor is now 2nd and have won 6 of the last 10 leagues, possibly with a treble included. So, not great.

Altough they were also pioneers in football financing: they somehow found a way to make the club get a huge debt in order to pay for the privilege of having them paying themselves huge dividends. One for the ages I'd say.

AlPistacho

Slightly different question to having power that isn't it.

I don't know. But as minority share holders would they have the choice to take them? Assuming by the name "minority shareholder" I doubt they'd have the chance to take them. Any business heads want to chip in here?

If they do, that's if they do. I doubt it would be anywhere near what they took.

Who's to say whoever takes over won't take them anyway?
So in which situation is it better for dividends to be paid out? One were the club is £500m in debt, and the new majority shareholder is billions in debt. Or one where the club is debt free?

Last edited:

johnnyteutonic

Moriarty said:
The old maxim 'they know the price of everything and the value of nothing' springs to mind when I think of the Glazers. They are part of the history of the club now but I wonder what future historians will write of them in, say, 50 years time? What will be their legacy?
They'll be remembered for playing a big part in shifting the balance of power at the top of the English football pyramid to clubs like City and Liverpool, as those clubs capitalised on our poor decision-making in the transfer market, and their failure to modernise the club was a major factor in our downfall in the post-SAF era.

- Tevez moving to City was a major factor in helping City establish themselves as a top 6 club, but more importantly, their refusal to replace key players like Ronaldo and Scholes, because there 'was no value in the market' led to players like Aguero and Silva going to the 'noisy neighbours' instead. If those players had ended up here, I think it would have taken them a lot longer to establish themselves as a top club. They also bungled the Haaland deal, so whatever City wins with him there in the future, along with whatever they end up winning this season can also be partly attributed to them.
- They bungled deals for Fabinho, Firmino, Mane and Thiago, so they played a significant part in Liverpool's rise. Certainly more importantly, Woodward referring to United as a 'disneyland for adults' put Klopp off joining us, so again, they played a big part in Liverpool's best period since the '80s.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I'm not sure that's true either. This narrative that the Glazers just wanted to leach and scrimp simply isn't supported by the embarrassingly indiscriminate levels of spending over many years.

I've long maintained one of the biggest get out of jail cards they hold is the fact fans can see the biggest criticism of them in relation to restrictions on our spending simply aren't true.
It's sad that after all this time people still come out with this idiocy. The amount is not the point. The point is how it was spent and why.

colombianmancunian

This thread would be much shorter, and much less fun admittedly, if people just admitted they want/hope for City levels of funding (which we have mainly had under the Glazers anyway).
That’s exactly what I want, never hided it.

But people defending Sir Jim Glazer as if he was a saint without sins is really insane. Both parties are sport washing, one to promote their country and distract for the lack of rights for women and LGBT, and the other to promote their company and distract their business seriously harms the environment. There’s no saint or moral superior here.

Raynaldo-dossantos

That’s exactly what I want, never hided it.

But people defending Sir Jim Glazer as if he was a saint without sins is really insane. Both parties are sport washing, one to promote their country and distract for the lack of rights for women and LGBT, and the other to promote their company and distract their business seriously harms the environment. There’s no saint or moral superior here.
The state of Qatar also affect the environment in a negative way. So SJR is better overall since he doesnt oppress women and put his political opponents in jail.

Last edited:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This sale process has been a farce from the very beginning. There’s no other way to the describe it.

Whatever the outcome will be there must be raised serious questions to the the Raine Group how they has handled their role when taking into consideration that both the club and their supporters has felt treated in a disrespectful way because of the the lack of clarity and public communication. United’s main sponsors and other business partners isn’t blind either. See what happened to Bud Light when their PR department misread their customers and took them for ignorant hillbillies.

The Glazers should also be careful. Their reputation has also been damaged.

Something tells me that someone has overplayed their cards and starting to realize that it comes with consequences. The silence creates speculations and right now that’s counterproductive for the value of the club. The Glazers should be careful with their next step because if both buyers starts to hesitate then this bidding process can fast go downhill with serious financial complications.

DOTA

This sale process has been a farce from the very beginning. There’s no other way to the describe it.

Whatever the outcome will be there must be raised serious questions to the the Raine Group how they has handled their role when taking into consideration that both the club and their supporters has felt treated in a disrespectful way because of the the lack of clarity and public communication. United’s main sponsors and other business partners isn’t blind either. See what happened to Bud Light when their PR department misread their customers and took them for ignorant hillbillies.

The Glazers should also be careful. Their reputation has also been damaged.

Something tells me that someone has overplayed their cards and starting to realize that it comes with consequences. The silence creates speculations and right now that’s counterproductive for the value of the club. The Glazers should be careful with their next step because if both buyers starts to hesitate then this bidding process can fast go downhill with serious financial complications.
Raine seem to have done their job pretty well, if the numbers being reported are somewhat accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.