Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

What? Not getting the best deal for THEM?

Just because it’s not as fast as you want doesn’t mean it’s not being done “right”. What is right? Right for them or right for the club? What do you think in their minds is right?
Might have been taking the piss but who knows?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Vast majority at least two weeks to a month ago.
It's about 227 in the last two weeks and 1006 in the last month, so really dropping off this last fortnight, yeah. I think Plant's ban hit you hard, to be honest, you need that competition to reach the top of your game.

jm99

But overall we have to admit that we have spent more than enough to be competitive for the league.

We have been awful spending money ultimately
True, but I think as with almost anything in life prevention is much cheaper than the cure. Firstly, because teams often know they have us over a barrel, that plus the United tax adds a fair bit onto the cost of most transfers, plus we've had to implement wholesale changes since 2013, we don't ever really have a settled team, with the age profile of players we've had to sign because we don't have time to sign younger and bed them in, we need an instant impact, this has required further changes under new managers

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's about 227 in the last two weeks and 1006 in the last month, so really dropping off this last fortnight, yeah. I think Plant's ban hit you hard, to be honest, you need that competition to reach the top of your game.
:lol:

Im just sick of it like everyone else after being pretty emotionally invested at first

bludsucker

He's full of shit. FFP restricts us to roughly £100m before sales this summer, but player sales can increase that amount significantly (e.g., a £20m sale can potentially unlock up to £100m in additional permitted spending).
I wouldn’t be too sure about that £100m figure. We usually amortize the amount spent on players over the whole contract period of the player. So that £100m can potentially be stretched to like £200-250m as only 15 to 20% of the total figure needs to be paid now.

Yorke to Cole

I have waited a while to express to opinion of this sale process to see if something may yet develop.

It has not and I now honestly believe this sale is nothing short of shambolic. I feel that three out of the four main parties involved have been incompetent and cumbersome in their actions.

The Glazer's-most people knew or anticipated that they were going to drag this out and slime ball the club even further. They were hoping for 5-6 major buyers to be be involved when the November announcement was made ( Bezos, Apple, Musk, Saudi/Dubai/ Bahrain groups on top of Ineos/ Qatar) to creat an unprecedented auction.

That did not come to fruition so they are scraping every last part to get everything they can.

Raine- Supposed to serve the needs and requirements of the Glazer's but also place the interests of the club in the best possible way. They aimed to achieve a sale by the end of March to mid April. They have failed. They have by ( reading a lot accounts) been slow in their communication to the prospective parties involved, thus creating a breakdown in communication with Jassim.

They have acted in an ambiguous or "cloak and dagger" manner with their lack of communication and although the process is meant to be confidential, it has been handled with no respect to the club, it's employees and of course the supporters. They need to start asserting themselves and show their financial expertise of getting decision from the Glazers.

Sheikh Jassim- I just wish some advisors of his (in metaphorical sense) would get hold a black board, a piece of chalk and him to emphasise that the Glazer's do not give toss about your plans once you have acquired the club. Stop concentrating on 100% the club. Instead focus on the Glazer share of 69% and then purchase the remaining stock exchange shares later!

His relationship with Raine has broken down and he is now resorted to increasing his bids by a small margin each time, potentially re writing business plans and going beyond the deadlines. He is now a major reason for the hold with his indecision.

Ineos-Now I am not saying that I want Ratcliffe to become the next custodian of Manchester United, but I have to say this. He is the only party to have demonstrated any sort of business acumen in terms of purchasing the club. He has tapped into what the Glazer's want and has flexible with his variety of offers. (A full purchase of the 69%, or buying 51 % and maintaining the Glazer presence, knowing full well he will have the power to make decisions and with the agreement to kick out Glazer's in 2 years time).

Yes, we do not know what his plans are in the immediate post take over or indeed how he will finance the the renovation to the stadium and the new training ground in the longer term. But he is clearly focused on acquiring the club and getting out of the Glazer's hands. Ratcliffe must have anticipated that this was going to be arduous and gruelling in itself.

Obviously, I do not know the ins and outs of this, but this process has lost it's logical flow and this has impacted on Ten Hag plans for next season. Also, the employees and supporters do not know where we stand.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I don't like the silence. Feel like the calm before the storm.
Hello Avram, my old friend
Jim’s come to talk with you again
Selling a vision of owners creeping
Taking dividends as fans are weeping
And the vision that was planted in Avram’s brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

From the Theatre Of Dreams, Jassim walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
Turned his kaffiyeh to the cold and damp
As his bids were beaten by the plans of Brexit Jim
Who kept Joel in
And created this sound of silence

And in the Emptyhad, I saw
Two thousand people, but no more
People Poznaning without bouncing
People cheering on blatant cheating
People singing chants that voices never shared
For no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools" said Jassim, "You do not know
The debt just like Luke Shaw grows
Hear my bids that I might buy you,
Take off that rainbow shirt or I’ll fine you"
But his words, like ‘silent domination’ fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the Brexit Rat they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
Then the sign said, "The words of the Glazers are written on the twitter walls
and message boards"

And Jim ushered in the sound of silence

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Hello Avram, my old friend
Jim’s come to talk with you again
Selling a vision of owners creeping
Taking dividends as fans are weeping
And the vision that was planted in Avram’s brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

From the Theatre Of Dreams, Jassim walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
Turned his kaffiyeh to the cold and damp
As his bids were beaten by the plans of Brexit Jim
Who kept Joel in
And created this sound of silence

And in the Emptyhad, I saw
Two thousand people, but no more
People Poznaning without bouncing
People cheering on blatant cheating
People singing chants that voices never shared
For no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools" said Jassim, "You do not know
The debt just like Luke Shaw grows
Hear my bids that I might buy you,
Take off that rainbow shirt or I’ll fine you"
But his words, like ‘silent domination’ fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the Brexit Rat they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
Then the sign said, "The words of the Glazers are written on the twitter walls
In tenement halls"

And Jim ushered in the sound of silence
:lol: Excellent again. Keep it up. You are a shining light amongst the murk of this thread.

davidmichael

He's full of shit. FFP restricts us to roughly £100m before sales this summer, but player sales can increase that amount significantly (e.g., a £20m sale can potentially unlock up to £100m in additional permitted spending).
Yeah I saw something along those lines a few days ago that said if we made £60 million in player sales we’d have £300 million to spend this summer window.

Surely moving on Henderson, Williams, Maguire, Bailly, Telles, McTominay, VDB and Elanga alone would make that kind of amount ? Saving at the very least 50% in wages in regards to De Gea then Jones and Tuanzebe off the wage bill too also helps out.

Rhyme Animal

fecking hell, even on the caf there's no escaping the AI
Great, true or not, now you've spoilt it for everyone.
:lol: It’s not fecking AI!

It’s a very famous song I changed the words to, for fun!

I’m not sure AI can do satire / sarcasm, I might be wrong, but trust me, it’s not fecking AI.

C'est Moi Cantona

:lol: It’s not fecking AI!

It’s a very famous song I changed the words to, for fun!

I’m not sure AI can do satire / sarcasm, I might be wrong, but trust me, it’s not fecking AI.
Never even crossed my mind tbh, fecking AI is going to take the credit for everything soon enough.

Rhyme Animal

Never even crossed my mind tbh, fecking AI is going to take the credit for everything soon enough.
It’s genuinely quite weird to be living in a day and age where you make a (very human) joke and it’s immediately claimed it’s AI!

Especially when you’re a bit of a technophobe and not a fan of AI etc.

Could an AI know to make the jokes I made in there - Luke Shaw, the empty City ground, Poznaning etc? Scary if so.

Whenever I’ve read examples of AI ‘humour’ it’s been very lacking - even compared to my lyric butchering!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me or making a different point. The Ronaldo spend was what typified the Glazer rule. It gave fans a short term buzz, pushed up share prices and did nothing at all for the football. It was badly spent money from a football perspeective but well spent from a marketing point of view. They turned us into a footballing joke. One worry about the Qataris is that they did the same to PSG but on a bigger scale. City may be plastic cheats but they are also incredibly well run plastic cheats.
Good and thoughtful post in my view

KnowNowt

Yeah I saw something along those lines a few days ago that said if we made £60 million in player sales we’d have £300 million to spend this summer window.

Surely moving on Henderson, Williams, Maguire, Bailly, Telles, McTominay, VDB and Elanga alone would make that kind of amount ? Saving at the very least 50% in wages in regards to De Gea then Jones and Tuanzebe off the wage bill too also helps out.

I think it's like this:

The key word above is ‘potentially’.

You need to make £60m book profits (NOT £60m sales) to get the £300m permitted spending.

(Book profit = Sale proceeds – Balance of unamortised costs at the time of sale)

Stinkypete

I wouldn’t be too sure about that £100m figure. We usually amortize the amount spent on players over the whole contract period of the player. So that £100m can potentially be stretched to like £200-250m as only 15 to 20% of the total figure needs to be paid now.
It's an even better outlook than that in theory.

You buy a player at £100m on a 5 year contract. In the first year, your £100m is unaffected, the player is an asset. Each year that asset depreciates in value.

Year 1 @ 20m

Year 2 @ 40m etc

Obviously this will affect future FFP budgets so sales will need to be made. But these huge fee moves for Rice, Kane, Osimhen etc are far far from the fantasy that the doomsayers and Quatari in crowd would have you believe, especially if sales are done. The 100m was also BEFORE we qualified for the CL and it was reported early in the season that CL qualification would affect out FFP budget.

spwd

I have waited a while to express to opinion of this sale process to see if something may yet develop.

It has not and I now honestly believe this sale is nothing short of shambolic. I feel that three out of the four main parties involved have been incompetent and cumbersome in their actions.

The Glazer's-most people knew or anticipated that they were going to drag this out and slime ball the club even further. They were hoping for 5-6 major buyers to be be involved when the November announcement was made ( Bezos, Apple, Musk, Saudi/Dubai/ Bahrain groups on top of Ineos/ Qatar) to creat an unprecedented auction.

That did not come to fruition so they are scraping every last part to get everything they can.

Raine- Supposed to serve the needs and requirements of the Glazer's but also place the interests of the club in the best possible way. They aimed to achieve a sale by the end of March to mid April. They have failed. They have by ( reading a lot accounts) been slow in their communication to the prospective parties involved, thus creating a breakdown in communication with Jassim.

They have acted in an ambiguous or "cloak and dagger" manner with their lack of communication and although the process is meant to be confidential, it has been handled with no respect to the club, it's employees and of course the supporters. They need to start asserting themselves and show their financial expertise of getting decision from the Glazers.

Sheikh Jassim- I just wish some advisors of his (in metaphorical sense) would get hold a black board, a piece of chalk and him to emphasise that the Glazer's do not give toss about your plans once you have acquired the club. Stop concentrating on 100% the club. Instead focus on the Glazer share of 69% and then purchase the remaining stock exchange shares later!

His relationship with Raine has broken down and he is now resorted to increasing his bids by a small margin each time, potentially re writing business plans and going beyond the deadlines. He is now a major reason for the hold with his indecision.

Ineos-Now I am not saying that I want Ratcliffe to become the next custodian of Manchester United, but I have to say this. He is the only party to have demonstrated any sort of business acumen in terms of purchasing the club. He has tapped into what the Glazer's want and has flexible with his variety of offers. (A full purchase of the 69%, or buying 51 % and maintaining the Glazer presence, knowing full well he will have the power to make decisions and with the agreement to kick out Glazer's in 2 years time).

Yes, we do not know what his plans are in the immediate post take over or indeed how he will finance the the renovation to the stadium and the new training ground in the longer term. But he is clearly focused on acquiring the club and getting out of the Glazer's hands. Ratcliffe must have anticipated that this was going to be arduous and gruelling in itself.

Obviously, I do not know the ins and outs of this, but this process has lost it's logical flow and this has impacted on Ten Hag plans for next season. Also, the employees and supporters do not know where we stand.
Where has the second part of the highlighted bit been said?

Someone

Something

Nothing is shambolic about this imo. The assumption that this shouldn't take long is one only true in our imagination. Nobody here has the slightest clue on how a multi billion dollar deal looks like. Clubs spend months negotiating the sale of a player and we expect the sale of the club to be a straight transaction. The Glazers are parasites, but they don't have to sell if they can't get what they want, and obviously nobody offered the asking price, so this will take as long as it takes. They're entitled to ask for what they want, and the bidders are entitled to offer what they're willing to offer. Nobody is in the wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.