Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

But if two Glazers didn't want to sell, then technically that bid is pointless no? Genuine question because if there's a way that a majority shareholder can be forced to sell so that minority shareholders can cash in, then I am completely wrong and would be surprised Jassim isn't our owner already.
Joel and Avram will sell if they get the full £6bn they have demanded, otherwise they won’t sell, it’s that simple!

Woziak

Ohh…what’s going on now. Is Sir Brexit now in lead! I can’t keep up with it all.
I doubt that, it’s very much status quo, Glazers want more money, no one has given them what they want so everything remains the same, irrespective of what twitters says, fans try and guess, right now it’s clear no decision has been made.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Ohh…what’s going on now. Is Sir Brexit now in lead! I can’t keep up with it all.
Nothing's happened, as far as I know. Hopes of putting the Man back in Manchester (that was it right?) remain unchanged.

Infra-red

Nobody knows who is in the lead. Both Qatar and Ineos are seemingly confident - in the fullness of time, obviously one (or possibly both) of them will ultimately be proven to have been wrong (we may be many months away from that yet). It's probable at this stage that there are splits within the Glazer family regarding the preferred outcome.

Woziak

Nobody knows who is in the lead. Both Qatar and Ineos are seemingly confident - obviously one (or possibly both) of them will ultimately be proven to have been wrong in the fullness of time (which may be many months yet). It's probable at this stage that there are splits within the Glazer family regarding the preferred outcome.
That’s absolutely the correct way to view this Jimmy is not in the lead, no one is because if he was 75% nailed on right now, the shares would have dropped to $18 overnight and they’ve stayed constantly between $24 and $25 all week.

SJ team and INEOS team are both confident because they’ve been strung along for 7/8 months now, this will take a £6.5/7bn bid from SJ 92 Foundation to break Joel and Avram’s resolve, I genuinely think the other 4 siblings might actually sue their brothers if they failed to accept a bid that high?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
That’s absolutely the correct way to view this Jimmy is not in the lead, no one is because if he was 75% nailed on right now, the shares would have dropped to $18 overnight and they’ve stayed constantly between $24 and $25 all week.

SJ team and INEOS team are both confident because they’ve been strung along for 7/8 months now, this will take a £6.5/7bn bid from SJ 92 Foundation to break Joel and Avram’s resolve, I genuinely think the other 4 siblings might actually sue their brothers if they failed to accept a bid that high?
Like father, like sons

Woziak

Be cheaper to have them whacked.
Now, Now we don’t condone that however the level of embarrassment that Qatar might experience if they fail will make flights for Joel and Avram very uncomfortable around the Middle East, I can definitely see a few visas failing and entrance being declined?

George The Best

The only way I can see this, possibly, working for Ineos is if they buy out the 4 siblings that want to sell and make the same price per share offer to the listed shareholders. They would then need J&A to relinquish their voting rights on their B class shares so that they keep a stake but Ineos has control. Not sure if they would agree but I think it would be legal. The other problem is that should mean J&A contribute towards future investment in the same ratio as their percentage shareholding, which they are unlikely to agree to since they’ve not invested a penny since inheriting the club. Ineos have not made any public statements with regard to investment either, so this looks like it won’t go anywhere.

Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

Now, Now we don’t condone that however the level of embarrassment that Qatar might experience if they fail will make flights for Joel and Avram very uncomfortable around the Middle East, I can definitely see a few visas failing and entrance being declined?
Qatar, although super wealthy, isn't as influential in the ME as Saudi or UAE, they can hold their own as proven during the blockade but they won't be able to block the Glazers from anything major in the region, they can cause them some headaches or interfere with them a little bit but that's about it.

Woziak

I don’t know where to start with this post but I will try.

Also, I get that a lot of us are pessimistic but you only need to listen to any financial expert talking about this takeover to realise that there are many moving parts and it’s not as simple as getting a player transfer over the line.

Signing Mason Mount and him getting the #7 shirt doesn’t mean the Glazers are staying :lol:

They probably don’t even know we’ve bought him. Murtough and the other suits will be given a budget to work with and be left to it. If anything, the Glazers would probably prefer a world class player who’s known all over the world to market the 7 shirt, not Mason fecking Mount!

I think we’re all so damaged by the Glazers now that we let our anxious minds take over and produce nonsense like the post I’ve quoted. And I mean no disrespect with saying that as I do exactly the same thing myself!

The takeover will happen but will probably take another few weeks or months until we hear some concrete news. It’s the Glazers, remember; they drag everything out and they want as much cash as they can possibly get.

Deciding to not sell just isn’t going to be feasible now. They’re too far down the road and the fans will go absolutely ballistic. They will get every game called off, they are already approaching sponsors. The Glazers might be cnuts but they’re not stupid. And they don’t love Man Utd, they love money. So why would they stay? They can’t take dividends any longer.

They are cnuts, they could easily stay one/two more years if ETH does a good job, Record revenue this year at £640m, still £60m behind City who have questionably sponsorships having won a treble, when we are not even in the CL.

Let’s say Joel and Avram roll the dice with the other 4’s blessing for 12 months. They decide to use some of the £260m of the rolling credit card and some deals are on terms rather than paying up front.

They then sell D Henderson, A Ellanga, B williams, Fred, DVB and Maguire for £80-90m which changes the amount we spend under FFP/FSP.

They sign this Summer ; A Onana, E Miliato, S Amrabat, M Mount, R Hojlund, J Felix(Loan) for about £230-240m
Squad improves to an 80 point PL team and QF/SF CL team.

it will only get more difficult to spend huge transfer fees as FSP reduces to 70% in 2025/26, they also know this year
CL qualification is top 5.

An ETH united team that is competitive, maybe wins another cup like the Fa Cup this season and competes top 3 plus gets to last 4/8 CL makes £700m turnover minimum without fake sponsorship deals and probably starts making a profit again, allowing them to repeat the cycle for the next 2/3 years.

Everything changed with regard to the ownership after those third quarter financial results, no there not good in terms of P&L but revenue growth is what they will be banking on

Woziak

Qatar, although super wealthy, isn't as influential in the ME as Saudi or UAE, they can hold their own as proven during the blockade but they won't be able to block the Glazers from anything major in the region, they can cause them some headaches or interfere with them a little bit but that's about it.
I said it more tongue and cheek but maybe that’s what Glazers are waiting for a Saudi Bid just like this with a Private Saudi investor wink wink

George The Best

Not sure the remaining Glazer’s have any interest in the ME. They are not clever enough to pull a stunt out there. If/When they get out of United they will stay at home, it’s where they are safest. Besides, they don’t seem to like travelling much.

mu4c_20le

What? They can't even make people disappear?

JagUTD

I said it more tongue and cheek but maybe that’s what Glazers are waiting for a Saudi Bid just like this with a Private Saudi investor wink wink
If I had to list the preferred owners over Saudi ownership then every single State, business and random billionaire on the planet go above them.

I'd take a consortium of Liverpool legends over them. I'd even take the Glazers, though they'd be one place above Saudi.

Nightmare scenario that. I'd probably stop just short of losing my shit though.

JagUTD

Not sure the remaining Glazer’s have any interest in the ME. They are not clever enough to pull a stunt out there. If/When they get out of United they will stay at home, it’s where they are safest. Besides, they don’t seem to like travelling much.
Yeh, this argument has not basis in reality (ME opportunities for the Glazers).

There isn't a market or interest in the region for NFL at all and even football, with City and the World cup has failed to ignite any real passion.

The only asset they have that would potentially bring them benefits in the ME is United, and that disappears once sold.

Qatar would have more success trying to tempt Ratcliffe with potential opportunities in Qatar given the nature of his core business. Though they already have several links.

Woziak

If I had to list the preferred owners over Saudi ownership then every single State, business and random billionaire on the planet go above them.

I'd take a consortium of Liverpool legends over them. I'd even take the Glazers, though they'd be one place above Saudi.

Nightmare scenario that. I'd probably stop just short of losing my shit though.
It was a joke and yes all of a sudden Qatar seems like a good move yes ?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I said something about this and got ridiculed so I’m staying quiet on the all subject but it’s there for future references
I first heard about the is about 6 months ago and then I saw Webby and O’Neil two legends of the fan base made a you tube video about it too, so nothing from me for now.
Apologies for the tag bud! and no stress, thanks.

dacore

I get it. A&J are grumpy since Darcie didn´t invite them to the family x-mas dinner. So this is their "goes around, comes around".

croadyman

There is some towels being thrown in and white flags being waved. So if anyone can provide some positivity that would be great

AndySmith1990

I keep seeing mentions in this thread of the scum bags deciding to stay. But there's no news anywhere stating this. The last major news im aware of is the Ruters & Bloomberg articles.

Another case of people getting paranoid after a week of silence?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We can probably thank Joel mainly for the length of this thread- (Avram just seems to follow him).
Just wish Jim hadn’t planted the idea of joint ownership into their heads in the first place.
that was my main reason for not wanting Ineos to be successful... (and the fact that being a Brexiter doesn't equate with much intelligence, in my opinion)

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I get it. A&J are grumpy since Darcie didn´t invite them to the family x-mas dinner. So this is their "goes around, comes around".
Apparently the other 4 sibling all wanted pudding but Avy and Joey could not decide between pudding and trifle. They wanted to know finer details and would only accept Waitrose pudding at Darcies expense. In the end the day passed without agreement but they are all hopeful of agreement by next Christmas.

Fanta Stick

Apparently the other 4 sibling all wanted pudding but Avy and Joey could not decide between pudding and trifle. They wanted to know finer details and would only accept Waitrose pudding at Darcies expense. In the end the day passed without agreement but they are all hopeful of agreement by next Christmas.
Pudding is not a trifling matter.

croadyman

The only way I can see this, possibly, working for Ineos is if they buy out the 4 siblings that want to sell and make the same price per share offer to the listed shareholders. They would then need J&A to relinquish their voting rights on their B class shares so that they keep a stake but Ineos has control. Not sure if they would agree but I think it would be legal. The other problem is that should mean J&A contribute towards future investment in the same ratio as their percentage shareholding, which they are unlikely to agree to since they’ve not invested a penny since inheriting the club. Ineos have not made any public statements with regard to investment either, so this looks like it won’t go anywhere.
Christ don't put ideas in Ratcliffe's head

croadyman

Fecks me off so much Erik can't go all in for Kane right now due to sale not sorted

Tarrou

I keep seeing mentions in this thread of the scum bags deciding to stay. But there's no news anywhere stating this. The last major news im aware of is the Ruters & Bloomberg articles.

Another case of people getting paranoid after a week of silence?
most of it is pure wumming I reckon

Infra-red

There is some towels being thrown in and white flags being waved. So if anyone can provide some positivity that would be great
I'm definitely not ready to throw the towel in, but the longer this goes on, the more my mind goes to what Richard Arnold said at the last fans' forum about this process (fans and the media have fallen in to calling it "the sale" or "the takeover", but is in fact a "strategic review" commissioned by the Board of Directors and, at least internally, it is fundamentally about raising capital).

Richard Arnold, from the fans' forum minutes:

"We believe we’re making progress towards the winning culture, on and off the pitch, which we’ve been talking about around this table for the past year."

"The strategic review is part of that. I know that it’s been portrayed in a certain way in the media, but to us internally, it’s all about finding the right capital structure for this club to deliver on our strategy and goals. And whatever the outcome of the review, those goals will remain the same."

"There are capital needs behind all those objectives, and the review is looking at the best way to achieve the funding we need. The process is well under way. But, as you know, as a publicly listed company we cannot say any more until such as a time as we’re ready to update the market. And we’re not there yet."

"So, bear with us, and be assured that the club, the owners and our advisers are working diligently to come up with the best solution for the long-term success of Manchester United."

Status
Not open for further replies.