Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlPistacho

Sir Jim is quite old. I do wonder about his children and the Ineos group, what happens when Jim passes away, do we just get sold to Qatar anyway. Is there any interest or affiliation in United after Jim from his family or business? They could have zero interest in carrying United on, been born in London or Monaco I don't know, might want to back other sports/clubs or companies and sell us on in 5-10 years time?
I’m more concerned about “wallstreet backing” sounds like the “ US investors” we were all worried about a few months ago.

Dazzmondo

How anyone could possibly want Ratcliffe in after that statement is beyond me frankly. Has basically confirmed he won't be removing any debt with that won't add any "fresh debt" bs. Anyone hoping for an alternative to the Qataris should be looking elsewhere, with US investors probably being the only realistic alternatives. Otherwise we might as well just be keeping the Glazers

TheReligion

Abusive
Its called sportswashing. Foremost they are dictators and want to keep power by establishing good relations with the west. Investment in the west is the best for this. most recently we have seen gulf states invest in sport, spending big money to get the F1 to Saudi Arabia, competing with the PGA tour by having an alternate tour where the money is better.

Sure they will hang homosexuals in their home country and whip women who leave the house with their knees showing. But they will gladly invest in women's football and allow the vessel club to promote LGBTQ rights, even if it is disingenuous.

Money goes a long way in having someone forfeit their moral conviction. Although after City and Newcastle accepted got taken over by Arabian dictatorships, its pretty much cut the grass for other premier league clubs to have their own dictator.

As for me, never will I surrender to the taliban. Arsenal & British till I die. No shit 350m for Neymar would ever cause me to forget who I am.
What is this?!

Dread Devil

Personally, I thought the same when Robson was signed. :confused: :nervous:
That was the start in many ways, we had some great times with Robson and he was my favourite player as a youngster……he started to get injured quite often towards the end but from what I can remember he played as combative as Keane but a little more skillful at times, they both had the knack of being in the right place at the right time and they both also protected and encouraged our young talent on the field……Is Casemiro our Robson / Keane….possibly a little more subtle but he is becoming that midfield general who fans and players adore..

For me though Cantona was the key , he gave us that belief to get titles over the line…those few years were amazing…he worked with the youngsters showed them to play with passion and play with style, to believe in themselves…that transition was beautiful.

Rolaholic

Are you American? With that level of understanding of Geography where you mix Qatar and the Taliban, you have to be American.
All Arab countries or groups are the same and supposed to be painted with the same exact brush don't you know? Extremist/moderate or otherwise

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Its called sportswashing. Foremost they are dictators and want to keep power by establishing good relations with the west. Investment in the west is the best for this. most recently we have seen gulf states invest in sport, spending big money to get the F1 to Saudi Arabia, competing with the PGA tour by having an alternate tour where the money is better.

Sure they will hang homosexuals in their home country and whip women who leave the house with their knees showing. But they will gladly invest in women's football and allow the vessel club to promote LGBTQ rights, even if it is disingenuous.

Money goes a long way in having someone forfeit their moral conviction. Although after City and Newcastle accepted got taken over by Arabian dictatorships, its pretty much cut the grass for other premier league clubs to have their own dictator.

As for me, never will I surrender to the taliban. Arsenal & British till I die. No shit 350m for Neymar would ever cause me to forget who I am.
Also, you can't say the same of the USA and the UK

city-puma

Debt in the billions. No commitment to the stadium, he’ll be answering to Wallstreet ( us investment ). People didn’t want US investment to buy us, this is what the Ratcliff bid is.
Well, I think we have to at least acknowledge that he is trying even though the task could be too much. I respect what he tries here.

Rolaholic

What does it say on the front of your team's shirt?
That same lot have a Rwanda sponsorship which I'm sure that poster was similarly reprehensed over given their dictators presidents tremendous respect for human rights :lol: :rolleyes:

Castia

Absolutely shite statement from Jim isn't it

Almost like he doesn't want to say too much because he knows he's got no chance

Tiber

I find a British bid very appealing. Whilst its different to the Glazer approach, I still find the idea of being billions in debt to a foreign bank like goldman sachs somewhat less of a romantic ideal

redshaw

If Jim had the money in the 2000s he should've bought us then before Malcolm. The 2010s would've been a great time to redevelop the stadium and area for his businesses. In 2023 it's gone beyond the likes of Sir Jim, it's just more debt and banks.

devil in me

This genuinely made me laugh out loud. I mean, it's great that you won't surrender to the taliban, but I'm not sure that's entirely relevant to....well, anything? Also props to sticking by your values when Emirates sponsored your stadium for 200m.

Sanchez7

The fact that Ineos needs to partner with wall street for financing and is not committed to removing all debt from the capital structure puts me firmly on Qatari's side.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I cannot believe that even after almost 10 years of Brexit bullshit some people are so easily fooled. No wonder the country elected fecking Johnson and some people would still vote for him.

WPMUFC

Ratcliffe's PR team is the Liz Truss of PR. Appeals to nationalism with vague statements that ultimately say nothing.

I don't want the Qatari's or Saudi's but Ratcliffe's public campaign is a mess and already scares me of another owner that will mimic the glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.