Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Answer the question what control does Mbappé have? And is PSG different to pretty much any other big club, they haven't had more managers than the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona or Real Madrid, big players don't have more or less power.

I don't mind the idea of calling any big club a circus, my question is how is PSG somehow different? And what is the ridiculous amount of control that Mbappé possesses?
I've answered it. His stupid salary makes him empowered to work less on the pitch and ultimately not answer to anyone.

This is reminiscent of when staunch Pogba defenders, perhaps yourself, kept probing for hard evidence on why Pogba has a poor attitude when it was so obvious. And you're doing the same with the PSG dynamic. They change their DoFs, they actually hire shit ones and then re hire them in Leonardo.

They have a stupid wage structure and the petulance of their players on the pitch shows how broken the system is there. Their CEO threatens to kill journalists, they only perform in a one horse league and they underperformed in most CL campaigns.

Pick any one or combination of reasons and move on, happy to discuss in an alternative thread but you won't change my mind which by the way is in the majority, that PSG are poorly run. We have been a circus under Woodward too and Barcelona have been a circus. But I want our new ownership to bring back our old ethos, not one that PSG adopts.

Bratt

Honestly. Im sad about this.

Im Manchester born and bread and season ticket holder for over a decade before moving abroad. I honestly feel the club is a part of me and my identity.

Don’t get me wrong, The Glazer era has been a nightmare, but from a on field perspective I never felt we were doing in an illegitimate way. I almost felt more proud of the team because we were competing despite being weighed down by Glazer debt.

I always felt when Abramovic came into Chelsea that their success was completely hollow. Same for City.

I can’t help but feel that if Qatar come in, clear out debt, buy us a stadium and pump crazy money, then I feel that our success will feel hollow.

Ten Hag has made me feel great about the team in the last few months. If he gets absolutely crazy money and spends it, I think it will feel artificial.

United have developed their success and popularity organically via legendary players, teams and managers. I just don’t wanna feel our success is gonna be down to one man/nations wealth.

It’s been heading in this direction since we floated in 1991, so what can we do?
Take away the Manchester born and bred part, and this is exactly how I feel too.
I’m surprised by the massive positivity over a qatar takeover here, but good for y’all I guess, I feel sad.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Why would a known United fan undermine ETH it’s already been reported by Keegan that they would back ETH and wouldn’t recklessly spend.

I swear people are just wilfully ignorant and ignoring what’s in front of them in this thread for the local Manc, not you specifically but just seems bizarre.

In case anyone else missed it (from Keegan)

Qatar bid:

- Private bid from QIB CEO
- Also a royal family member
- Promised to BACK ETH
- Not spend recklessly and implement a sporting strategy
- Has personal, banking and family wealth
- Has been a lifelong United fan
- Studied and grew up in the UK
- 39 years old (grew up with class of 92)
- Nine Two Foundation would Own United
- Management and hierarchy is not that of PSG
- Even if links can’t be run by the same people
- Had commuted to investment in the women’s team
- Rebuild/new stadium
- Youth at the centre of the strategy
- Redevelop the area

Other notes to consider :

- PSG part of the QIA / QSI has run many pro LGBT+ campaigns
- Qatar have large investments in Barclays and Sainsburys , your weekly shop funds Qatar more than wholesale large investment to MUFC

Some extremely selective thinking going on in here.

SJR may be a good owner but there are enough red flags to suggest it’s not enough wealth to get us to where we want to be as a club and compete with the rest.

Do not forget whoever doesn’t get us likely goes for Spurs or Liverpool.
Are you throwing in a few bob yourself?

Tarrou

i liked the Ineos statement up until the manchester back in manchester united bit.. cringe!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
But you have no issue with whatever Qatar do as long as they are loaded?

What does that say about you?

You're happy to be bought to be used as a political tool for a country because thats exactly what will be happening?

Sad how sections of our fanbase can't see past all that oil money.
Yes, i don't give a flying feck about what owners do outside football. I have literally zero issues with that.
Also all this outrage regarding ME ownership is highly amusing for me. Because level of hypocrisy is astonishing.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Why would a known United fan undermine ETH it’s already been reported by Keegan that they would back ETH and wouldn’t recklessly spend.

I swear people are just wilfully ignorant and ignoring what’s in front of them in this thread for the local Manc, not you specifically but just seems bizarre.

Qatar bid:

- Promised to BACK ETH
- Rebuild/new stadium
- Redevelop the area

- Qatar have large investments in Barclays and Sainsburys , your weekly shop funds Qatar more than wholesale large investment to MUFC

SJR may be a good owner but there are enough red flags to suggest it’s not enough wealth to get us to where we want to be as a club and compete with the rest.

Fantastic post.

Yik

Apologies for misunderstanding your view on Ronaldo. I don't think there are many who think the Glazers have run the club well.
Its alright, I'm just trying to convince myself that when we buy Mbappe it's justice for what happened with Ronaldo :lol:

Castia

The minute Qatar entered the race it was over. Even if somebody else matches their bid they’ll just up it.

Glazers have been spotted in Qatar a number of times in recent months it’s pretty much a done deal I think.

Shirt sponsor up as well so we’ll soon see Qatar Airways on the front of the kit everything is falling into place for them.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
1. Season ticket owner at Stamford Bridge.
2. Already tried to buy Chelsea.
3. Cooperating with JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.
4. No intention to clear the debt, probably the opposite.
5. Can't even declare his intentions with owning United in an understandable way.
6. Is owner of a company that seriously pollutes the environment.
7. Lives and pays zero taxes in Monaco but declares himself as a local Manchester boy.

Absolutely nothing is appealing when looking at the everything surrounding Ratcliffe and his bid.

From what we learn so far is that he’s ownership would probably be worse than the Glazers. Compared to the other bid from Qatar there’s only one winner. I understand the women’s team and HBQT community and their concerns but I truly believe that they have nothing to fear. Maybe I’m naive but I think that the women’s team will benefit more from being owned by a group who want to gain some world wide goodwill and show that they want to be part of the modern world.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
Ineos wants a “majority ownership” of the club, as opposed to the “100%” ownership by the Qatari. I think this means that Ineos would only buy whatever shares that’s held by the Glazers, while the 30 odd percent shares currently floated in NYSE would still be there, held by minority share holders.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I've answered it. His stupid salary makes him empowered to work less on the pitch and ultimately not answer to anyone.

This is reminiscent of when staunch Pogba defenders, perhaps yourself, kept probing for hard evidence on why Pogba has a poor attitude when it was so obvious. And you're doing the same with the PSG dynamic. They change their DoFs, they actually hire shit ones and then re hire them in Leonardo.

They have a stupid wage structure and the petulance of their players on the pitch shows how broken the system is there. Their CEO threatens to kill journalists, they only perform in a one horse league and they underperformed in most CL campaigns.

Pick any one or combination of reasons and move on, happy to discuss in an alternative thread but you won't change my mind which by the way is in the majority, that PSG are poorly run. We have been a circus under Woodward too and Barcelona have been a circus. But I want our new ownership to bring back our old ethos, not one that PSG adopts.
So you are basically in the business of making things up. I get it now.

Amir

If psg is such a circus act then why Nice not exploiting the situation to at least win something?
Because its still a multi billion euro squad that has a huge amount of talent. It will take a huge investment.

Does every rich owner of a club has to pump money into it and try to turn it into City/PSG?

Yik

Does anyone seriously think these manifestos are gonna make a jot of difference to the Raine Group/Glazers evaluation of the bids? I know why these are being pushed out by the Ineos/Qataris but I feel like fan sentiments on who we want as owners will not matter a jot to Raine/Glazers.

Tarrou

Does anyone seriously think these manifestos are gonna make a jot of difference to the Raine Group/Glazers evaluation of the bids? I know why these are being pushed out by the Ineos/Qataris but I feel like fan sentiments on who we want as owners will not matter a jot to Raine/Glazers.
I don't think it will matter at all. I think they're just for the fans, in the event that the bid is successful.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Hmmm.., unless I've missed any updates regarding the ineos bid it reads like they won't wipe the debt

Vapor trail

Qatar bid:

- Promised to BACK ETH
- Rebuild/new stadium
- Redevelop the area

Very true. Outside of preferences if you weigh up what the individual owners are proposing Ratcliffe is coming up woefully short.

Even in his official statement "we would want to invest". That line alone is filled skepticism. Nothing about INEOS breeds confidence they seem to assume that being British is something an average fan desires. If fans could support a team that has been gazumped financially by the Glazers who in the world cares for a British owner. Owner sentiments starts and ends on the pitch in this regard. Nothing more nothing less.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
1. Season ticket owner at Stamford Bridge.
2. Already tried to buy Chelsea.
3. Cooperating with JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.
4. No intention to clear the debt, probably the opposite.
5. Can't even declare his intentions with owning United in an understandable way.
6. Is owner of a company that seriously pollutes the environment.
7. Lives and pays zero taxes in Monaco but declares himself as a local Manchester boy.

Absolutely nothing is appealing when looking at the everything surrounding Ratcliffe and his bid.

From what we learn so far is that he’s ownership would probably be worse than the Glazers. Compared to the other bid from Qatar there’s only one winner. I understand the women’s team and HBQT community and their concerns but I truly believe that they have nothing to fear. Maybe I’m naive but I think that the women’s team will benefit more from being owned by a group who want to gain some world wide goodwill and show that they want to be part of the modern world.
Tagline checks out

stw2022

There will have been more bidders who aren't releasing statements about it.

lostcauz

Ineos wants a “majority ownership” of the club, as opposed to the “100%” ownership by the Qatari. I think this means that Ineos would only buy whatever shares that’s held by the Glazers, while the 30 odd percent shares currently floated in NYSE would still be there, held by minority share holders.
So does this means the Ineos majority (66%) bid of £4B is bigger than the Qatar 100% offer.
Qatar would have to up their offer to £6B to complete the purchase

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@UnitedSofa
@golden_blunder

Got a spare cloth to wipe this egg off my face? :lol:
To be fair that line is so silly that your initial take was sensible. I don't know what to think about Ineos owning United.

Also United's wealth and success is largely due to international support, so the tone of the communicate is a bit dubious for someone like myself.

Castia

What’s not to love about that?
Majority ownership is a red flag and we all know he’s taking loans out to secure the club. Feck that.

His French side is apparently a complete farce as well. No thanks.

Anybody wanting this over Qatar must be absolutely mental.

JohnnyKills

You can tell why these states engage in sportswashing reading the last couple of paragraphs on that City piece.
Indeed.

David Conn has written some good stuff about City but generally the Guardian have ignored the ownership and fawned over the football.

For a paper of their political slant, it's been disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.