Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
Pre pandemic I owned a travel agency and worked directly with corporate hospitality with several PL clubs.
Most regulars in the ticketing thread know this already.

You do you though (talk shite).
Doesn’t understand how money buys things, doesn’t understand how preposterous it is that a billionaire would jump through hoops for a 2k season ticket when they can pay 5k for an executive one now.

And most of all he clearly has no understanding of Occam's razor.
:lol:

alexthelion

Not gonna lie it does feel like sometimes there's a double standard for wumminator. He's had a lot of shockers in this thread alone - generalizing people from ME, baiting people to get angry, arguing and that is on top of wumming in other threads, sometimes he does it blatantly to get reactions (key point, why is this allowed?) but he never seems to get warning points? surely wumming is frowned upon in this forum? there's a point where it stops being funny. I think if other poster did it they would have gotten warning points because some have received them for a lot less.
Exactly. It's almost like he's untouchable for some reason.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You don't understand money. If SJR says that he has split loyalties and that HE (not INEOS but himself) has a Chelsea season ticket then its evident that he's not a Chelsea fan, that INEOS actually own that season ticket and that season ticket is used for business purposes.

Chief123

No need to act the moron here. The Premier League is the most popular league in the World and the most popular sport, entertaining clients is massive business for Premier League teams. City, Spurs & Arsenal have invested absolute shit loads in their hospitality offerings due to this. City’s hospitality is so far advanced of United I know a fair few companies that switched from United hospitality to City for entertaining despite being owned by United fans.

And yes, during Arsenal’s wank years, Chelsea have been the number one place for entertaining clients in London.

Rarely does anyone conduct a fecking meeting during a PL match so it appears you lack a complete understanding of hospitality within football.
Nothing wrong with a bit of selective insulting. The mods turn a blind eye when they have the same narrative right? I’d no doubt get a warning for calling you a moron though.

Why are you always foaming at the mouth when you type?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If INEOS buys the club, of course they would take out loans for buying the club, improving the stadium, playing facilities and removing the club's debt and any major liabilities.
The cost of servicing the loans will be run as a cost in NEOS books.
These will be reflected as cost for acquiring an investment which INEO would expect will increase in value in years to come.

The big plus would be the revenue that exceeds the running cost of the club will be directly reinvested into the club.

AlPistacho

How do 99.9% of clubs pay for new shit? How are Madrid funding their new stadium? How did Spurs? Arsenal?
Why shouldn’t we pay for our own shit? Especially if a new owner wipes the old debt from the club’s books :confused:
Real Madrid are/were basically state backed. First through Franco, then basically the council who obviously answer to the government. Not sure about the present day, but the council backing was as recent as a decade or so ago. So people can decide for themselves if it still exists or if even if stoped to what extent.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
I’ll take that as a clear win in this stupidly dumbed down debate.
It’s clear that you are wound up.

I would just stop it here to make sure you don’t get too invested emotionally in this.

Or like what Jose once said, if I speak I’m in big trouble.

In any case, if winning an internet debate makes you happy, then yes you’ve won big time. :lol: :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Psg and mancity actually are the real examples how their revenue can explosively increase even though they have some degree of inflation as everyone believes. But, the real, not inflated portion must be significant as well by common sense.
Revenue is directly tied to how many trophies you've won in the 80s and 90s, so there is nothing City or PSG can do to increase legitimate income. Nope, not even win trophies in the modern era.

Nothing wrong with a bit of selective insulting. The mods turn a blind eye when they have the same narrative right? I’d no doubt get a warning for calling you a moron though.

Why are you always foaming at the mouth when you type?
What? I didn’t call you a moron man.

I said your sarcastic piss taking post was “acting the moron”.

But you’re right, I’m frothing here, spitting all over my phone like a rabid dog.

Abdullah7

Is there any news in Qatar about United being bought by Sheikh Jassim? What is the impression there about the guy?

Here everybody think it's done and dusted. They think it's a separate project and have no connections to state of Qatar. He comes with the reputation of his father Hamad Al Thani who bought harrods in the city of London. He's a quiet guy who barely speaks in meetings and follows in his fathers steps to be one of the smartest investors in the world. Everybody's looking out for this take over with great excitement. Something big is happening.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Here everybody think it's done and dusted. They think it's a separate project and have no connections to state of Qatar. He comes with the reputation of his father Hamad Al Thani who bought harrods in the city of London. He's a quiet guy who barely speaks in meetings and follows in his fathers steps to be one of the smartest investors in the world. Everybody's looking out for this take over with great excitement. Something big is happening.
Is there any rumours of QSI buying a minority stake? Such investment would help them buy United and is perfectly legal. Thanks for the info BTW. It must exciting for you that one of your own is buying Manchester United.

Last edited:

alexthelion

He never tried to buy Chelsea. He’s clearly not an idiot, so if he was ever serious about Chelsea he would have bid on time.
He knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew his bid would be rejected out of hand.
Makes him even worse, then.

Wow, that only throws up a million questions then.
The post above gives me Malaga feelings.

stevoc

I really try to stay away from posting in this thread, but I have seen this point mentioned many times about stadium investment by owners making us a sugar daddy club.
Is it not true that the original OT was also funded by our owner way back in the early 1900s. So by that definition were we always a "sugar daddy" owned club?
Not sure what relevance something that happened over a century ago would have on United being a self-sufficient club going forward into the future. Seeing as we've been a self-sufficient club for a very long time.

So during the SAF era I suppose you thought all that success and the stadium upgrades/renovations etc. was down to finanncial doping by a sugar daddy to the tune of £90k back in 1909?

American and british, even some of the lefty british media were advocating the war on Iraq. I have zero respect to those two countries media. They were dancing to the tone of war that ruined the lives of millions.
Yes some of the journalists/media in both countries were but not all. But the point was it still wasnt journalists over in the middle east shooting/bombing.

No, Manchester United is a self sufficient club, one of the very few, the club generated top 3 revenues every year without any problems, our handicap was the Glazers Ownership which saddled the club with a huge debt from their leveraged buyout debt plus them taking dividends, had the Glazers not owned us we wouldn't need huge investment to re-build the ailing infrastructure .
Yes we have been self-sufficient for a long time. My point was we wouldn't be if an outside entity is pumping in billions though.

stevoc

How on earth will the club be able to pay for a new stadium/Carrington upgrade from it's own resources? We'd never be able to pay back any loans.
How did we do it in the 90's and 2000's. How did Arsenal do it? How are Spurs and Real Madrid doing it?

NK86

Not sure what relevance something that happened over a century ago would have on United being a self-sufficient club going forward into the future. Seeing as we've been a self-sufficient club for a very long time.

So during the SAF era I suppose you thought all that success and the stadium upgrades/renovations etc. was down to finanncial doping by a sugar daddy to the tune of £90k back in 1909?
No, but the point is clear even if you want to walk around it. We have had the stadium benefit handed out to us before which immensely favored us due to bigger revenue advantage. If that was not considered as "financial doping" by our fans, why would it now be considered so.

NK86

How did we do it in the 90's and 2000's. How did Arsenal do it? How are Spurs and Real Madrid doing it?
Did we rebuild OT in 2000's?

Were Arsenal, Spurs, Madrid (laughable example seeing how the Spanish govt have helped them over the years) exploited like we have been with over 1.5B leaving the club to sponsor the Glazers taking us over? You cannot just say "shit happens" and then at the same time condemn an owner trying to help us with infrastructure rebuild as financial doping. That's justice as far as I am concerned and I am sure for many others too.

red thru&thru

Honestly, trying to point score is hilarious.

I have never said anything to the contrary about INEOs wanting to make money from United, I just think it's important to note that Qatar will also do the same.

Nice are one of the form teams in France right now, they are on the right path, but of course let's not let facts get in the way of things, because of course you are trying to point score and prove a point that doesn't exist.

Carry on.
Points score? If I recall correctly, you jumped on my post when I was talking to someone else. Haha.

You pointed out about "Qatar" wanting to make money but nothing about INEOS. So, I thought I'd point it out, just incase you didn't know.

Fact are, Nice have not been anywhere near PSG since INEOS takeover. The facts are, they have regressed.

But as you're a facts guy, like that Spanish waiter, I'm sure you're well aware of the facts! Haha

Telsim

Now that there aren't any matches for two weeks, this thread will really take off! :devil:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Good news. Have you read anything in the local news about their business plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.