Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

davidmichael

I think based on the fact it’s gone so quiet the parasites are selling up and negotiations are at a point that no one is allowed to leak anything, surely no one believes the parasites will except minor investment seeing as the other four want to be bought out yet the club also needs serious investment on and off the pitch but there’s so little money that even dividends can’t be taken now.

croadyman

I think based on the fact it’s gone so quiet the parasites are selling up and negotiations are at a point that no one is allowed to leak anything, surely no one believes the parasites will except minor investment seeing as the other four want to be bought out yet the club also needs serious investment on and off the pitch but there’s so little money that even dividends can’t be taken now.
Maybe the period of exclusivity could actually be the next stage,however who has that out of Ratcliffe/Jassim is a mystery

HarryP

Maybe the period of exclusivity could actually be the next stage,however who has that out of Ratcliffe/Jassim is a mystery
If anyone has exclusivity at this time, it's likely to be Elliott.

However I think there will be another sham stage to the 'sale' process to drag things out before the Glazers announce that they're staying.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

However I think there will be another sham stage to the 'sale' process to drag things out before the Glazers announce that they're staying.
Come on, mods, this is getting too obvious

cyberman

There’s a few wind ups on here that are blatant but are allowed under the guise of differing opinions but you’re giving yourself away here

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

It's one thing being pessimistic but you're basically talking nonsense just becuase you want to be pessimistic now.

HarryP

There’s a few wind ups on here that are blatant but are allowed under the guise of differing opinions but you’re giving yourself away here
I essentially think that the Glazers have effectively done a deal with Elliott and are waiting for the right time to announce it. The dragging out of the 'process', which was supposed to be completed in Q1 (we're past that), reaffirms that view.

I think it's weird that you consider this a wind up opinion. It's clearly the most likely outcome imo.

HarryP

I would like to be wrong btw. While I have misgivings about new owners and what direction they'd take us in, it's time for a line to be drawn under the Glazer's ownership. But I still fully expect them to be here next season, unfortunately.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not heard anything from Ratcliffe or the Sheikh recently so I assume that it’s one or more of the private bids still in the running.

dove

I essentially think that the Glazers have effectively done a deal with Elliott and are waiting for the right time to announce it. The dragging out of the 'process', which was supposed to be completed in Q1 (we're past that), reaffirms that view.

I think it's weird that you consider this a wind up opinion. It's clearly the most likely outcome imo.
It's clearly the most likely outcome according to you based on absolutely nothing apart from "was supposed to be completed in Q1" which never was a hard "deadline" or anything like that. The sale process is moving just fine so far considering it's only like what, 2 months since the process began? Patience.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If the Glazers end in bedwith Elliott then it would probably be the result of failed negotiations (fueled by greed) rather then their preferred bid

Yakuza_devils

We already have the leeches Glazers and I shudder to think with Elliott combo what will happen to the club.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Based on your 'feelings'?

Last edited:

Joseunited

Feckin hell give up already :lol:

LARulz

So cos it didn't finish in Q1 it's clear its Elliot? 2+2 = 89537

Random Precision

Supports
Newcastle

Q1 has just begun, its Q1 of the financial year which begins in April. You’re using the calendar year.

Alonzo

Everyone needs to be calm. 1000000% they’re leaving. Anyone suggesting they’re not is a wind up.

their entire ethos is greed. The greediest outcome is selling now. They will sell. I hate that they will sell to Qatar, but they would sell to Satan himself if he offered a few bucks more. They aren’t operating on morals, any more than they’re operating on ego/passion for the club. They are ONLY in it for greed.

be chill yall

devilish

News about Blanc joining INEOS first surfaced in December 2022 although he started working there in February this year. U think that his appointment has nothing to do with ineos bid for our club

devilish

Pleasantly? I hope.
Elliott ruthlessness is legendary. They were one of the very few to go toe to toe against an entire nation and win. Elliott's aggressiveness is at par to their brilliance in making money. Which is why talks of asset stripping United doesn't make sense at all. Manchester United is basically a brand name. Its name is worth far more then its assets. Strategies such as selling OT or not investing on the squad would hurt that big time. Which is why they did their very best at AC Milan to build a stadium something they failed in because no one, not even Elliott, can beat Italian bureaucracy

I'd expect that the Elliott's time with United will be divided in three Phases

Phase 1 - they will wrestle control over Manchester United. Elliott are obsessed with a lean and effective style of management. There's no way that Elliott will invest huge amounts of money in the club without having in place a well structured system in place which would see them making huge profits at a short period of time. Which of course is the exact opposite of what the Glazers are. Thus I believe that they will only invest money in the club if

a- the Glazers agree to a plan which will see them leave the club in 1-2 years time (ie by selling to Elliott)
b- the Glazers would relinquish control over Manchester United and would agree to invest as much money into the club as Elliott do.

Both agreements will be buried with so much small print that the Glazers will end up regretting such deal.

Phase 2 - maximising United's potential as quickly as possible but in a sustainable way. That would probably be achieved

a- sacking the people on top and bringing people who are in line to their mentality. At Milan they brought Gazidis, Maldini and Massara. Gazidis has ample experience in managing a club on a budget having managed Arsenal at a time when they building their stadium. Massara is a seasoned sporting director having worked his way from Palermo to Roma and then Milan. While Maldini's experience with Milan is unique. He's a second generation legend at the club (the Maldinis had involved since the 50s) with his son also playing with AC Milan. On top of that he was turned into a bit of an outcast by the Berlusconi admin as he was no yes man. Someone like him know exactly what is going on in AC Milan youth academy (ie one of the finest in Italy) something the other two do not. All of them has one thing in common. They believe in a club that is sustainable and they can make each euro count. If Elliott join us then I can see them bringing Gazidis in as CEO, Overmars/Rangnick/Mitchell as DOF and a possible return of Nicky Butt as technical director

b- get rid of high earners who are not delivering the goods. That means Sancho, Maguire, DDG and Martial would go with the likes of VDB and Fred following suit

c- United will invest heavily on kids. ETH will be expected to promote the likes of Pellistri and Diallo, Greenwood would return in the squad and they will buy a number of players who have a high ROI

d- they will invest in the stadium.

e- they will back a European super league

Phase 3 - selling the club

Once the club finances are in order and United's path to success is paved then I see Elliott trying to sell United. They will be less desperate to sell then the Glazers are and they might even entertain a structured fee (ex fee + majority stake in Newcastle/PSG) which in turn would free Saudi/Qatar to buy United.

Yakuza_devils

Elliott ruthlessness is legendary. They were one of the very few to go toe to toe against an entire nation and win. Elliott's aggressiveness is at par to their brilliance in making money. Which is why talks of asset stripping United doesn't make sense at all. Manchester United is basically a brand name. Its name is worth far more then its assets. Strategies such as selling OT or not investing on the squad would hurt that big time. Which is why they did their very best at AC Milan to build a stadium something they failed in because no one, not even Elliott, can beat Italian bureaucracy

I'd expect that the Elliott's time with United will be divided in three Phases

Phase 1 - they will wrestle control over Manchester United. Elliott are obsessed with a lean and effective style of management. There's no way that Elliott will invest huge amounts of money in the club without having in place a well structured system in place which would see them making huge profits at a short period of time. Which of course is the exact opposite of what the Glazers are. Thus I believe that they will only invest money in the club if

a- the Glazers agree to a plan which will see them leave the club in 1-2 years time (ie by selling to Elliott)
b- the Glazers would relinquish control over Manchester United and would agree to invest as much money into the club as Elliott do.

Both agreements will be buried with so much small print that the Glazers will end up regretting such deal.

Phase 2 - maximising United's potential as quickly as possible but in a sustainable way. That would probably be achieved

a- sacking the people on top and bringing people who are in line to their mentality. At Milan they brought Gazidis, Maldini and Massara. Gazidis has ample experience in managing a club on a budget having managed Arsenal at a time when they building their stadium. Massara is a seasoned sporting director having worked his way from Palermo to Roma and then Milan. While Maldini's experience with Milan is unique. He's a second generation legend at the club (the Maldinis had involved since the 50s) with his son also playing with AC Milan. On top of that he was turned into a bit of an outcast by the Berlusconi admin as he was no yes man. Someone like him know exactly what is going on in AC Milan youth academy (ie one of the finest in Italy) something the other two do not. All of them has one thing in common. They believe in a club that is sustainable and they can make each euro count. If Elliott join us then I can see them bringing Gazidis in as CEO, Overmars/Rangnick/Mitchell as DOF and a possible return of Nicky Butt as technical director

b- get rid of high earners who are not delivering the goods. That means Sancho, Maguire, DDG and Martial would go with the likes of VDB and Fred following suit

c- United will invest heavily on kids. ETH will be expected to promote the likes of Pellistri and Diallo, Greenwood would return in the squad and they will buy a number of players who have a high ROI

d- they will invest in the stadium.

e- they will back a European super league

Phase 3 - selling the club

Once the club finances are in order and United's path to success is paved then I see Elliott trying to sell United. They will be less desperate to sell then the Glazers are and they might even entertain a structured fee (ex fee + majority stake in Newcastle/PSG) which in turn would free Saudi/Qatar to buy United.

Excellent post.

It's great to know that Elliott actually know much more than the Glazers and SJR on running a football club. This is the only positive for their take over. But their ultimate aim is still making money and sell the club. No one can predict what will happen. These strategies could go very wrong or right no one knows. This makes them second favorite after Jassim's proposal.

Jassim's proposal includes investment in the squad and infrastructure with zero debts to the club. This is the much better way and risk free way for the club. Jassim also looks for long term investment which provide stability to the club. They are also known to invest in community projects and etc.

One way or another, hope this get resolved quickly for the team to get ready for next season. This is most important for the club.

croadyman

Excellent post.

It's great to know that Elliott actually know much more than the Glazers and SJR on running a football club. This is the only positive for their take over. But their ultimate aim is still making money and sell the club. No one can predict what will happen. These strategies could go very wrong or right no one knows. This makes them second favorite after Jassim's proposal.

Jassim's proposal includes investment in the squad and infrastructure with zero debts to the club. This is the much better way and risk free way for the club. Jassim also looks for long term investment which provide stability to the club. They are also known to invest in community projects and etc.

One way or another, hope this get resolved quickly for the team to get ready for next season. This is most important for the club.
Still want the full sale whatever positive posts there might be about Elliott as not buying it

Yakuza_devils

Still want the full sale whatever positive posts there might be about Elliott as not buying it
Agree. But it's good to know that we will not end up disastrously even if Glazers decided to stay and work together with Elliott. At the very least, Elliott know how to run a football club and build a proper football structure while also very good in financial matters. This is already 10X better than the leeches.

Blood Mage

It wouldn't be armageddon if Elliot took control of the club but it still wouldn't make sense for the Glazers to pick them over Qatar. They must be pretty clueless businessmen if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.