Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

Even if the Forbes valuation is undervalued, it would have to be ridiculously so to even take him to the level of Jim’s personal wealth, let alone Ineos.

It is a difficult discussion to have because it is easy to generalise, whereas everyone has their own reasonings. Personally I don’t really like any options, and definitely have reservations about Ineos’ ability to run a club, but it’s overshadowed by the state ownership question.

I can understand people being fine with Qatar and wanting that investment, it’s more the people in denial about state funding that bothers me. I was originally replying to someone who claimed that the concerns about the net wealth of his dad had been disproven, it’s just horse shit and mental gymnastics.
Why? Forbes have a specific set of criterias they use and someone who's high up in a GCC country, which are notoriously known for lack of financial disclosure, and someone who has been outed as having a fecktonne of shell comps spread around the world, will not have a realistic representation of his net worth from Forbes. AS FT allures to with "sources say it's many multiples of that". It's hard to disprove it firmly but what we do know is that there's a strong possibility that HBJ is worth around the same as Sir Jim by looking at his history, assets and possible investment involvements.

That being said, I don't think it necessary means state backing the investment capital-wise straight away, but they probably will be involved one way or the other due the brand name in question and their visions for the country.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I’m glad you feel so strongly. What you describe, the organised trafficking and work management of migrants to fulfil an essential role sounds familiar.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...rs-flown-uk-crisis-farming-sector-coronavirus

Below the hostel where the workers had to pay £57 out of their salary. Shared with 3-6 others. So… yeah. Your outrage, assuming it’s real, doesn’t have to be directed 1000s of miles away. You can make a change here.

https://jcjphotographer.photoshelter.com/image/I0000qdmoUjQIkJ4
Its everywhere not just Qatar I'm not outraged by Qatari ownership FYI.

The West buys products that are made by exploited workers so I don't take moral highground.

I actually prefer Qatar to SJR

DownRiver

If Jim wins the bid, can we all refer to him as Sir Jim Glazer? Can we start a movement until he clears the Glazers from this club?

Flying high

Its everywhere not just Qatar I'm not outraged by Qatari ownership FYI.

The West buys products that are made by exploited workers so I don't take moral highground.

I actually prefer Qatar to SJR
What a daft argument.

Should we never strive to improve things? Because there will always be someone, somewhere that's doing something immoral.

Chief123

Before the home game against Fulham. Glazers rumoured to be attending the last home game. Yep, they defo going. Big Jass it is. Unless Glazers have a keen tendency on getting some serious hostility at the match.

Dazzmondo

Before the home game against Fulham. Glazers rumoured to be attending the last home game. Yep, they defo going. Big Jass it is. Unless Glazers have a keen tendency on getting some serious hostility at the match.

Praise be it's nearly over

Loon

:lol:

I would not expect them to attend if they’re pissing off….

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

The drama when Todd Boehly takes off his Chelsea scarf and dons a Utd one during our match v Chelsea.

Que wild scenes in the away end.

Chief123

I would expect them to attend if they were leaving more than if they were staying. They probably know it’ll be a happy atmosphere if there is news they are going. I’m certain one of the reasons they hardly attend our matches now is because of the hostility towards them.

Crickus

I have stayed out of this thread but have been reading for ages.

My thoughts. I prefer the Sheikh bid . Clearing the club of all debt and investing in the ground and training ground is very important. The sports washing. Its going to happen anyways and you can look at the history of every nation and see some kinda sport washing or cultural washing. The money the Sheikh can offer will see Utd get back to challenging titles and for me i am fed up now of watching City win the league over and over again. With Newcastle now also on the horizon Utd need the help

As for Sir Jim. Never going to be a fan of a Brexiter . I would be disappointed if took over the club . I feel that you only have to look at Nice to see that he and Ienos have not really delivered . I also dont like the fact that there will be a Debt and payments will need to be made. For every sports washing comment made at Qatar . Ienos and Sir Jim are using sports to wash there environmental damages aswell. But if it ment the end of the Glazers and Ienos actually got it right for the first time at a football club that would mean again Utd would challenge for Titles .

RedDevilRoshi

Planning a farewell speech to the fans on the pitch at FT.

Thanking the fans for all the money they’ve put into the club for the last 18 years that’s helped the family become even more richer than they are and that they’re really going to miss their regular dividend payments that they took out of the club.

Traub

I would expect them to attend if they were leaving more than if they were staying. They probably know it’ll be a happy atmosphere if there is news they are going. I’m certain one of the reasons they hardly attend our matches now is because of the hostility towards them.
You're underestimating their ego. In their mind, they've probably been great owners - I mean they spearheaded the super league and were in shock that it was opposed.

Raynaldo-dossantos

Why would they attend at all?

Chief123

You're underestimating their ego. In their mind, they've probably been great owners - I mean they spearheaded the super league and were in shock that it was opposed.
As stubborn and as selfish as they are I’m sure they are under no illusions that they’ve not been regarded as good owners by the vast majority. However they’ve never been interested in being seen as the good guy. As long as it makes them money that’s all they’ve been concerned about.

RedDevilRoshi

Take this with a pinch of salt and shit all over my post if you wish as it may be complete bollocks…there’s a guy on tiktok who’s been doing videos in the last couple of weeks on the sale. He claims to have a contact who’s very closely involved in the takeover.

Anyway, long story short he’s made a few ITK claims recently, in particular the fact Sheikh Jassim was going to put a 4th bid in. He reported it was happening a day or so before any news broke which is where people have started giving him credibility.

Anywayyy, the same guy is claiming the deal with Sheikh Jassim is done and the Glazers have even gone as far as asking the Sheikh if they can use some of his investment money to put towards transfers right now.

He’s not revealed who his contact is til now but has said today it’s someone on the Qatar side. Anyway, interested to see if it’s true or complete bollocks. He claims that’s what’s going to be revealed this week.
Is it this guy here you are referring to in that post:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJ94JpcV/

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Take this with a pinch of salt and shit all over my post if you wish as it may be complete bollocks…there’s a guy on tiktok who’s been doing videos in the last couple of weeks on the sale. He claims to have a contact who’s very closely involved in the takeover.

Anyway, long story short he’s made a few ITK claims recently, in particular the fact Sheikh Jassim was going to put a 4th bid in. He reported it was happening a day or so before any news broke which is where people have started giving him credibility.

Anywayyy, the same guy is claiming the deal with Sheikh Jassim is done and the Glazers have even gone as far as asking the Sheikh if they can use some of his investment money to put towards transfers right now.

He’s not revealed who his contact is til now but has said today it’s someone on the Qatar side. Anyway, interested to see if it’s true or complete bollocks. He claims that’s what’s going to be revealed this week.
I find it hard to believe that the Glazers would give a feck on transfers if they are leaving. However ETH has not ruled out Neymar..

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So when we’re winning all is well, when we’re losing it’s time to bust out the pitchforks for the owners.
Seriously? No, it fecking doesn't.

The last 8 years of Fergie was a time when United were still dominant financially and we could afford to be complacent, mismanaged and still dominate due to the genius of the old man.

Once he was gone, it became quickly evident that the club was not fit for purpose (i.e. competing for trophies in the modern age) and we've not proven otherwise ever since.

FerociousCorgis

i think the biggest problems have not been our overall transfer spending, weve thrown out a good amount of money. Problems have been the incompetent leadership theyve provided, the huge lack of investment in facilities/maintenance, and the fact that not only is the debt not getting paid shit seems to be getting out of control.

Chief123

So when we’re winning all is well, when we’re losing it’s time to bust out the pitchforks for the owners.
The success under Fergie was due to Fergie, not due to Glazers ownership and running of the club. Similar to Liverpool’s recent success being down to Klopp getting the absolute maximum from some average players and despite lack of investment at key times in his reign.

Chief123

i think the biggest problems have not been our overall transfer spending, weve thrown out a good amount of money. Problems have been the incompetent leadership theyve provided, the huge lack of investment in facilities/maintenance, and the fact that not only is the debt not getting paid shit seems to be getting out of control.
I’ve said it before regarding this. The issue hasn’t been that we’ve not spent money. It’s been the fact the Glazers have allowed very incompetent people to blow large amounts. That’s poor ownership in not recognising the money is being managed badly. And if they did recognise it, not rectifying it soon enough.

Idxomer

The success under Fergie was due to Fergie, not due to Glazers ownership and running of the club. Similar to Liverpool’s recent success being down to Klopp getting the absolute maximum from some average players and despite lack of investment at key times in his reign.
Exactly but even more so than Klopp whose recruitment team was very good for a few years.

No other manager would've gotten 89 points twice with Fergie's last squad, definitely not someone like Pep.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The Glazers really don’t have any success story. Roman and Mansour have spending a lot of their own money, getting manager hirings and firing right more often than not, etc.
Whereas the Glazers‘ only successful „action“ actually is literally not doing anything, i.e. not firing SAF in 2005 or 2006 when it was the only time under them he didn’t challenge for the league title.
Apart from that they were just extremely lucky. Ronaldo and Rooney were already signed as teenagers before the Glazers took over. The first signing under them was Carrick (or was it already Evra/Vidic?), relatively cheap signings.
The only expensive signing was Berbatov but that was already after winning 2 league titles and the CL. After that a steep downward road. Getting rid of Ronaldo and Tevez and not replacing them. While Chelsea and City were signing Hazard, Yaya, Aguero, Silva we were signing Ashley Young.
It‘s a miracle we actually won two more titles under those circumstances. Purely down to Fergie.
Then once he retired they have very unsuccessfully spent the club’s money while not modernising the club at all. They have also spent 1 billion on interest and dividends which should have been spent on the stadium and training facilities.
Not a single success and that’s why they are disliked so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.