Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying high

False equivalence. Nobody can avoid living in society unless they move to the mountains and live in a shack. People can stop supporting Utd if they feel morally conflicted by new owners.
I'm not sure your argument holds. Some would much rather go and live in a mountain hut than stop supporting United.

Personally I hate the idea of United being owned by a state. But I will do what small bit I can to help make sure they're held to account. I certainly won't cheer their arrival. And I hope to still be here long after they deem the club useful to their cause.

Moriarty

And we're off. Hitler annexes Austria then demands the Sudetanland. The leaders of Britain, France, Germany, and Italy meet in Munich to thrash out a peace deal.

DevilsOwn

Morality
Psychology
Economics
Stock markets
Business finance

And now History.

Has there ever been as educative thread as this on the cafe?

stw2022

I still think the lack of updates is because progress of which legally binding confidentiality means nobody dare speak nor leak has taken place

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Morality
Psychology
Economics
Stock markets
Business finance

And now History.

Negotiations, board governance, and business law as well. This thread is basically a mini-MBA.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Morality
Psychology
Economics
Stock markets
Business finance

And now History.

There are hundreds of them in the general and current events forums.:)

MDFC Manager

Registration of a company takes next to no time, I don't think there is any significance to stories relating to them.
No, but it just confirms Jassim's stated intentions - club will be acquired in it's entirety, taken off the stock market and made private.

putzmcgee123

I still think the lack of updates is because progress of which legally binding confidentiality means nobody dare speak nor leak has taken place
Same here. I think what we've gotten in the interim is simply the football journalists filling the space with noise and speculation. They have created the expectation of consistent news flow for this story, and now with there not being any recent publicly reported developments, some of the fans are going back to them like junkies looking for a fix. The journalists are happy to oblige, of course.

thebelfastboy

Totally agree. There will be a tight number of professionals, consultants, lawyers etc working over the fine details of this. All knowing that they will make a feck ton of money from the deal when it goes through.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You probably won't get an explanation.
Honestly, there’s about 250 people on my ignore list now. These threads see so many children put their head above the parapet. It’s the new Messi V Ronaldo thread.

Anyone writing gushing praise for either of our current bidders are on the same level as Musk or Trump stans. It’s utterly insane.

# Probably necessary to make my own feelings clear. I don’t want States to own football clubs. It’s wrong and doesn’t make the game better. Therefore I’d prefer the Radcliffe bid. But he’s still a nasty piece of work. The Glazers are probably better people, and they’ve been a cancer on this football club.

It’s all shit really.

Real Name

I spoke to some hardcore fans in their 50s-60s and was surprised how indifferent or more pro Qatar they were. 10-15 years ago I think it would be more against but the game is changing with Saudi Arabia entering, Qatar looking for a PL club and a former oil club still having a money cannon behind it. Really we need to be a serious operation at the top, perhaps Jassim Qatar is a better bet than Ratcliffe, the Glazers or some other fund without going into every aspect or PSG/Malaga/Nice/Lausanne.

I was expecting fan group protests to appear or at least visible stance against state ownership but I think we're past ideally this or that and are now facing reality of the game and how we've been put in a straight jacket operationally with this absolutely awful leveraged buyout by Mr Glazer 17 years ago. A billion of the clubs money gone on interest/payments, still a huge debt. We could've built a new Old Trafford 3 times and paid it all off by now.
Nice post. My only point you can't prove how many fans are pro or against Qatar based on social media. Talk was already over when a parachute jumped in a conversation all guns blazing.

Real Name

You seem in denial about the popularity of SJ bid. I've read plenty of posts by match going fans here saying that the majority of local fans favors SJ. If general perception of the match going fans and the social media and forum polls cant convince you, then I cant.
Not that I want you to. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Eugenius

It's also a listed company. Can't really leak anything explicit that would manipulate the share price.

stw2022

It's also a listed company. Can't really leak anything explicit that would manipulate the share price.
Very good point. There's criminal repercussions for leaking this. Which excellently explains why nothing has come out.

Yorke to Cole

Does anyone think that Jassim will do the "unthinkable" or, I suppose the unthinkable again, and place a higher 6th bid?

If so, what will the repercussions be? Will it then take even longer or will it be the finally the submit that wins it?

Woodzy

Diving into the historical archives for each page number has now become the most interesting thing about this club sale.

stevoc

Honestly, there’s about 250 people on my ignore list now. These threads see so many children put their head above the parapet. It’s the new Messi V Ronaldo thread.

Anyone writing gushing praise for either of our current bidders are on the same level as Musk or Trump stans. It’s utterly insane.

# Probably necessary to make my own feelings clear. I don’t want States to own football clubs. It’s wrong and doesn’t make the game better. Therefore I’d prefer the Radcliffe bid. But he’s still a nasty piece of work. The Glazers are probably better people, and they’ve been a cancer on this football club.

It’s all shit really.
That's where I'm at, I don't really want any of them.

mckenzie79

You have a trouble with reading too.

Look it up again.
Maybe it's you that need to write your posts more clearly.

Listen, you don't want Qatar, I get it, that's fine. But I have 3 points

1/ it's sad that this take over has split utd fans onto 2 groups, one Qatar, one Radcliffe. If Radcliffe had stated he'd clear all debts and remove the Glazers he'd be favourite by a mile, but he hasn't, far from it. Now, either side attacks the other for opposite views.

2/ All the fans in my section want Qatar for the above listed reasons, cleared debt and Glazers gone. We don't care about anything else, other than these 2 things. We don't need to be pumped full of cash by an outsider, we can support ourselves. If Jim could commit to this, great, but no, it's loan's and Glazers staying.

3/ We all support the same team, want the same things for Manchester United, to be debt free and Glazers gone, at least I hope we do. The way these cnuts are procceding over this process is dividing the fans and dragging out what is one of the most important phases of this clubs existence.

Don't be hard on Qatar supporters, in the end we all want the same thing, but one guy has said he'll do it, the other hasn't.

George The Best

I think they are walking a fine line with the NYSE by now. Clearly the listed shareholders are getting tetchy. Really think they need to make some sort of statement soon, even if it’s along the lines of ‘we are still exploring our options’, or ‘none of the bids have so far met our expectations’. Even better would be to reiterate what they stated at the outset ‘We are continuing to work towards a sale of the club and we are aware of our responsibilities with regards to listed shareholders’.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I spoke to some hardcore fans in their 50s-60s and was surprised how indifferent or more pro Qatar they were.
That demographic is also pretty right wing, generally things Net Zero is a waste of time, opposes LTN’s and doesn’t want to pay tax.

It’s hardly the place to take a straw poll of people that might find a Middle Eastern state ownership problematic.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That demographic is also pretty right wing, generally things Net Zero is a waste of time, opposes LTN’s and doesn’t want to pay tax.

It’s hardly the place to take a straw poll of people that might find a Middle Eastern state ownership problematic.
You really think your view is the only answer, don't you? Bloody ridiculous how much condescension is coming through in your posts.

stepic

It’s all shit really.
Who has been writing gushing praise?

your posts have this energy

UnrelatedPsuedo

You really think your view is the only answer, don't you? Bloody ridiculous how much condescension is coming through in your posts.
That’s because it IS the right answer. All of our options are shite. I don’t care how condescending that sounds to you.

That so many people are picking sides as if there wasn’t another option is pathetic.

Once again, The Glazers are fecking the club by just chasing cash (as all billionaires do) and somehow people are celebrating them leaving, regardless of who comes next.

You’ve all been brainwashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.