Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Barlow

Perhaps if the Raine Group were more honest and told them that they weren’t able to work together in realistically achieving the outcome the Glazers are haggling for, the bstards might finally give in and sell.
Good shout. They cannot be happy and there must be a point when they realise the damage to their reputation is costing more than whatever the fee is that they are charging.

gajender

Good shout. They cannot be happy and there must be a point when they realise the damage to their reputation is costing more than whatever the fee is that they are charging.
Get real there would be no damage to Raine's reputation stop thinking of this sale as some football transfer , time frame is nothing unusual whatsoever .

Ken Barlow

Get real there would be no damage to Raine's reputation stop thinking of this sale as some football transfer , time frame is nothing unusual whatsoever .
How is that not real, and how is that thinking about this like a football transfer?? Also, I didn't mention anything about a timeframe.

Raine are providing a service for a fee. Reputation/experience and quality of service are two main drivers for picking one service provider over another. Right now, the publicity around lack of communication to both buyers reported by both camps doesn't reflect too good on Raine. The media attention is starting to shift onto them, with CBS reporting yesterday that the Glazers are still waiting for more information and pointing the finger elsewhere at their contracted service providers.

As negative publicity continues to grow with billions of people watching, there must be a point where Raine take a step back and reflect if they want to be associated with continued bad publicity. When and where that line is could be round the corner, or months and years into the future, who knows, but one thing is certain, that companies like Raine will not want one project to impact potential new and existing business.

gajender

How is that not real, and how is that thinking about this like a football transfer?? Also, I didn't mention anything about a timeframe.

Raine are providing a service for a fee. Reputation/experience and quality of service are two main drivers for picking one service provider over another. Right now, the publicity around lack of communication to both buyers reported by both camps doesn't reflect too good on Raine. The media attention is starting to shift onto them, with CBS reporting yesterday that the Glazers are still waiting for more information and pointing the finger elsewhere at their contracted service providers.

As negative publicity continues to grow with billions of people watching, there must be a point where Raine take a step back and reflect if they want to be associated with continued bad publicity. When and where that line is could be round the corner, or months and years into the future, who knows, but one thing is certain, that companies like Raine will not want one project to impact potential new and existing business.
You just proved my point have any of the reputable Sources in world of finance said this or Just football journalist peddling this treating it like football transfer but not a billion Dollar Enterprise sale which it actually is . They are out of depth for this kind of thing it's not their fault after all the they are football journalists it's not their domain .

Raine would have cause of concern when people in their world start questioning their work and credibility .

Pes6Monster

"Manchester United Supporters' Clubs from all over the world are joining together to fight the Glazers and fly a banner over their stadium for the Tampa Bay season opener. Please help us and join this fight!"
I'd gladly contribute but not in the name of the Qatari regime. Specify no to sports-washing AND to any form of Glazer rule and name your price.

It makes the news, is peaceful and damages their appeal to sponsors.
Only if picked up on television and even then it won't significantly impact sponsorships. If you become too intrusive, Tampa Buc fans will turn on you.

Pro-Glazer media (if it exists) can disingenuously point to 'most succesful era' and 'billions spent on the playing staff - the most important aspect' not to mention the pro-Qatar element of our support (there goes our moral anti-Glazer arguments) and portray us as 'violent British soccer hooligans'.

Ken Barlow

You just proved my point have any of the reputable Sources in world of finance said this or Just football journalist peddling this treating it like football transfer but not a billion Dollar Enterprise sale which it actually is . They are out of depth for this kind of thing it's not their fault after all the they are football journalists it's not their domain .

Raine would have cause of concern when people in their world start questioning their work and credibility .
I'm not sure you have a point, it just seems like you are looking for an argument.

Somebody else raised the point that Raine, if they chose too, could/should pull out. I agreed its a good point, and potentially bad publicity eventually could cause Raine to reflect at some point.

JediSith

If you read the Messi money thread you'll get the reference.
No idea. I know he rejected big money in Saudi for less money in the MSL.

But I heard about Beckham. He went to the MSL and took less money, but agreed a deal where he by moving to the USA he would later on buy a franchise club for £25m. Inter Miami are valued at £500m today, who knows how much he makes yearly.

I thought maybe Messi was doing something similar? Less money now, but much much more later and also something more significant in regards to ownership and business/name legacy

georgieworst

1 million seconds = 11 and a half days.
1 billion seconds = 31.7 YEARS

1 million seconds ago this thread existed as did the majority of the pages.

1 billion seconds ago this site didn’t exist, neither did Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, most of our first team, many members on here, life as you exist.
3 billion seconds = 95 years ago.

That’s how big a billion is. So basically even if they have it, they are not going to be throwing it around willy nilly .
And some people don't realise that £6BN is one million pounds a week for a 115 years.

owlo

And some people don't realise that £6BN is one million pounds a week for a 115 years.
Numbers are funny, money is funnier. If you saved for 2 years then invested @ 9% for 45, you'd have near on 6B. Or save for 5 years then invest for 40 for near on 10. If you work the initial 15 years at a million a week then saved for 100 years, you'd have a cool 6.1T.

croadyman

I feel sick saying this because of him not clearing the debt but honestly I would take Ratcliffe right now,least it would mean getting rid of 4 Glazers

Infra-red

When was the last update we had of any significance?

The Bloomberg update?
The longer time goes on, the less significant that Bloomberg piece looks. Jassim is negotiating exclusivity? Well, four weeks later, exclusivity for either party is conspicuous by its absence.

The last real update was Jassim's fifth bid, which was 7th June.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This is going to have zero negative impact on their reputation or their business.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The longer time goes on, the less significant that Bloomberg piece looks. Jassim is negotiating exclusivity? Well, four weeks later, exclusivity for either party is conspicuous by its absence.

The last real update was Jassim's fifth bid, which was 7th June.
It was said at the time that leak likely came from Raine Group who will have had their own motivation. My guess is that they were lighting a fire under INEOS and it sounds like they responded with a new offer for 100%.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g2v196

Simon Stone podcast. Just started listening now.

Basically Simon comes across a right cnut defending the Glazers
Simon Stone knows feck all. This is way above the contacts he has at United, this is director level and under NDA. Completely different from being fed choice transfer information from the likes of Murtough and co.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Simon Stone knows feck all. This is way above the contacts he has at United, this is director level and under NDA. Completely different from being fed choice transfer information from the likes of Murtough and co.
Based on the last few minutes of the podcast, he doesn't even seem to know the basic fact that Raine were hired to advise the club, not the Glazers (who are being advised by Rothschild).

George The Best

It was said at the time that leak likely came from Raine Group who will have had their own motivation. My guess is that they were lighting a fire under INEOS and it sounds like they responded with a new offer for 100%.
I worry that Ineos are not going for 100%. They bid for 51% and 69% originally. It will be a major leap in additional loans to go for 100%. Just my opinion, but I think they may be re-structuring their bid to buy out the 4 want away siblings, plus the A class shareholders - leaving Avram and Joel still in place. For this to work it would still need A&J to relinquish their B class voting rights.

strandty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g2v196

Simon Stone podcast. Just started listening now.

Basically Simon comes across a right cnut defending the Glazers
Sounds like Souness 10 mins in going on about are United really in that bad of a position, they've spent £100m this season already etc. Then goes onto basically question the 1958 lads who are on with him about only questioning the Glazers because we've not won the League in a few years and if we start the season well all the protests will stop. Like you said, defending them almost.

croadyman

Sounds like Souness 10 mins in going on about are United really in that bad of a position, they've spent £100m this season already etc. Then goes onto basically question the 1958 lads who are on with him about only questioning the Glazers because we've not won the League in a few years and if we start the season well all the protests will stop. Like you said, defending them almost.
Jesus Stone has been brainwashed by them

croadyman

I worry that Ineos are not going for 100%. They bid for 51% and 69% originally. It will be a major leap in additional loans to go for 100%. Just my opinion, but I think they may be re-structuring their bid to buy out the 4 want away siblings, plus the A class shareholders - leaving Avram and Joel still in place. For this to work it would still need A&J to relinquish their B class voting rights.
Awful to say but it's probably the best we can hope for right now with zero movement in weeks now which is worrying

croadyman

Not Ratcliffe, never Ratcliffe.

He’ll be worse than the Glazers.

Better to keep them here abd hope for an ambitious owner to come in in the future.
Just don't see any sign of ambitious owner coming back for us in the future

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Just don't see any sign of ambitious owner coming back for us in the future
Of course they will mate.

But if we’re bought by that useless cnut Ratcliffe it’ll be another 10 years of crap ownership and what if he passes away as with Malcom Glazer…? His sons fecking ‘inherit’ us again!

feck that, Ratcliffe’s the absolute worse option.

cjg-888

Does/did anyone feel the £800m ($1b) Qatar pledge of investment may have been a dangling carrot to get into exclusivity? 'look, extra money we have here nudge nudge, willing to negotiate wink wink'.

Glazers wont care about investment after a sale. Other than fan appeal/PR, why specify the actual amount of planned investment and not just an intention to improve facilities etc.

Probably not the case at all and just a case of reading too much into it.

The rumours of no communication between Glazers/Raine & Qatar/INEOS does sound odd, you would think regular formal and informal talk back and forth would happen and not complete radio silence between parties.

Tarrou

Someone said many pages ago about doing transfers and announcing the takeover after the window, so the club doesn't get fleeced..

Waiting...

:lol:
I think that was me, although I didn't say anything about after the window. What I said was the club could be using this period of finalising the legal stuff to agree some transfer fees. Once the Qatar's are announced the fees will likely be quoted higher.

George The Best

Does/did anyone feel the £800m ($1b) Qatar pledge of investment may have been a dangling carrot to get into exclusivity? 'look, extra money we have here nudge nudge, willing to negotiate wink wink'.

Glazers wont care about investment after a sale. Other than fan appeal/PR, why specify the actual amount of planned investment and not just an intention to improve facilities etc.

Probably not the case at all and just a case of reading too much into it.

The rumours of no communication between Glazers/Raine & Qatar/INEOS does sound odd, you would think regular formal and informal talk back and forth would happen and not complete radio silence between parties.
Not me. I think Jassim tried to address the main points of the strategic review. Get money invested into the stadium/infrastructure and do whats best for all shareholders. This should be a Board decision, not just the Glazer’s. The 6 non-Glazer Board members should rightly consider what is right for the club and shareholders - not just the Glazer’s pockets.

croadyman

Of course they will mate.

But if we’re bought by that useless cnut Ratcliffe it’ll be another 10 years of crap ownership and what if he passes away as with Malcom Glazer…? His sons fecking ‘inherit’ us again!

feck that, Ratcliffe’s the absolute worse option.
I admire your optimism on that

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I admire your optimism on that
Nah, Glazers are obviously not here for the long haul now mate.

They can’t hang with the big boys and the PL has changed. They’re done.

If they don’t sell to Jassim now, I’d rather they held on to the club until another full sale buyer comes in who means business.

Ratcliffe’s bid is lame as feck, as is his running of Nice and as is everything he ever says about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.