g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Well the club is officially dead and buried now. We will become (or stay) in mid table mediocrity.

Like it or not the only way back to success and to balance/rebuild this club as a whole was somebody with a feck ton of money.
It really wasn't, we as a club have outspent most.

Our problem is we haven't spent wisely or properly... we need sound people in charge to compete not some sugar daddy.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
In business purchases you can essentially have "put options" that are triggered on specific dates.

Agreed staged purchases are a thing.
Ineos obviously don't have enough money (or don't agree with current price) to buy all shares now. What will change in future? Glazers will accept lower bid? Ineos will all of sudden find couple of billions?

Qwertymanutd

We can not use the transfer budget for 2~3 years because most of them should be for maintenance of our facilities.
That is the reason Jassim should take over MU instead of others

TsuWave

Yeah? They wanted 6 and apparently his last offer was between 5.2 to 5.5 with investment included depending on reports. Pennies to their wealth. He could have said yes we’ll pay the 6 and had it wrapped up months ago most likely. They’re the sellers they can demand what they want, rightly or wrongly, and he kept offering lower than they wanted. I get you are emotional because you clearly wanted Qatar but the reality is they have enough unlimited wealth to blow anyone out the water and chose not to, irrespective of the Glazers greed.
I find that reasoning comical, but I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, hence "fair enough" and I left it at that - hardly emotional.

meanwhile - you "Qatar didn't really want united" - despite them bidding way over the odds, and staying in this process for months - ignoring those facts because "they should have just paid w/e" - is to me, a much more emotional take and line of thinking

I mean, if you have a pair of trainers worth £20, I bid £50, you say you want £80 and I decided to walk away - the notion that I didn't really want it to be what you walk away with is odd and comical to me, but alas

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Ineos obviously don't have enough money (or don't agree with current price) to buy all shares now. What will change in future? Glazers will accept lower bid? Ineos will all of sudden find couple of billions?
Oh I'm sure they have more than enough money to buy 100% now, but I'd say most of it is tied up is assets etc

Tarrou

pretty big scoop for Romano, to be fair

I doubt it isn't true, he'd never risk going out on a limb this big

JagUTD

Qatar have more invested in the UK than the UK government itself haha they aren't sanctioning a damn thing.
Russia also invested heavily (legally and less so) and has been sanctioned.

Sanctions would be after the fact, aimed at new business rather than existing partnerships or investment.

Redstain

Quite a stark development unfortunately I don't see a way that Jim becomes the owner personally. The Glazers have maintained the intent of staying on, they wanted minority investment and I believe it's to reinvest into the stadium and stay on. The only real way they leave is if the teams performance absolutely plummet to a degree the club alienates itself being competitive at a high level but that's not happening. Glazers are 100% staying for the next decade.

ScholesyTheWise

There's just no way that it would have ended differently than how it is with City or PSG, or Newcastle in the future, if we were Qatar-owned.
Nobody would have given a feck about our future successes.
We would have had to perform serious mental gymnastics about everything.

And more importantly,
we would have been used as a political vessel for the UK-Qatar relationship.
even if we have huge revenues, there's every chance that they'd have tried to make sponsorship deals with themselves because why not?
We would have constantly had to worry about brown envelopes, about our very own 115 charges or so coming to light in the future...

no no no no.
Even the American gremlins are not as bad as that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There's just no way that it would have ended differently than how it is with City or PSG, or Newcastle in the future, if we were Qatar-owned.
Nobody would have given a feck about our future successes.
We would have had to perform serious mental gymnastics about everything.

And more importantly,
we would have been used as a political vessel for the UK-Qatar relationship.
even if we have huge revenues, there's every chance that they'd have tried to make sponsorship deals with themselves because why not?
We would have constantly had to worry about brown envelopes, about our very own 115 charges or so coming to light in the future...

no no no no.
Even the American gremlins are not as bad as that.
You are deluded. And one day you will regret your words as the incompetence continues

prateik

£6.6b
Stone using USD just to make the amount sound bigger

Glazers apparently value the club at 6b.. Jassim simply cant afford it.

Turns out Jassim is skint.. Daddy wont give him the money to play.. boofeckinghoo.

laughtersassassin

The Times article!!!! Looks like 25% sold will be agreed next week. With Ineos slowly getting majority control over next few years. That's better than nothing.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...aris-withdraw-from-race-to-buy-club-qmjkgm7gn

"Sir Jim Ratcliffe is set to complete a deal for a 25 per cent stake in Manchester United after the withdrawal of his main rival, Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani, from the bidding war to buy the club.

While the Qatari group stood alone as the only offer for a 100 per cent of United, Ratcliffe’s higher overall valuation has convinced the Glazers to sell to the British billionaire in what The Sunday Times understands will be the first stage of a full takeover.

Ratcliffe and his petrochemicals firm, Ineos, will pay up to £1.3 billion for an initial 25 per cent stake, with the agreement expected to be ratified at a board meeting this week."

cyberman

I wonder if the Glazers are going this way in the hope that within the next few years the Super Leage becomes a reality and they can cash in big time?

Or maybe they'd look to agree a fee then hope the value of the club falls so they can make that money due to a pre agreed fee? Unless Jimmy inserts a clause where if the value increases the fee stays the same but if it decreases then the money owed goes down too? I've no idea
Super league will never take off
All this nonsense about the club suddenly shooting up in value is just that, nonsense.
Right now we’re worth 3.5b. Only one club in the world has ever been sold that crossed the billion mark. United only had one bidder for a full takeover and that was oil state who thought 6b was too much.
Glazers haven’t a clue what they want and we’re more likely to collapse in value than rise.
I’m never expecting us to ever get back to where we were after this. Even if we nick a title City will just regroup and spend so it doesn’t happen again ala the Liverpool under Klopp cycle

gaffs

Kindly tell us
What is the point in buying 25% in MUFC?

Class A shares don't pay dividends, so no value there.
The club won't sell 100% any time soon as even Qatar cant get a deal done, so no return on investment for 25%.

Clearly Ineos's first step to full control. Remember, The Glazers increased their stake in MUFC incrementally. And that was at a time when the ownership structure was far simpler.

Sampy93

I’m gutted.
But let’s see some sort of positive to all get behind of.
We need SJR to buy this 25% with a guarantee for full control in coming years. He doesn’t fill me with confidence, but as some have said. We have spent the money on players, with the right owners and care for the club we could compete as long as the parasites are gone.
But yeah I’m not confident

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What is the point in buying 25% in MUFC?

Class A shares don't pay dividends, so no value there.
The club won't sell 100% any time soon as even Qatar cant get a deal done, so no return on investment for 25%.

Clearly Ineos's first step to full control. Remember, The Glazers increased their stake in MUFC incrementally. And that was at a time when the ownership structure was far simpler.
It's incredibly obvious that it's just a gradual takeover. Which is fine. Better than no takeover. This is very good news.

Amarsdd

Liquidity. Most billionaires don't have cash lying around other than probably Sheikhs.

hobbers

How? His cycling and F1 teams have been hugely successful?
Hah. No.

Ineos invested in teams that were already hugely successful. They took over Team Sky in 2019. They invested 33% in Mercedes in 2020 after they'd won 12 championships over the last 6 seasons.

His sports investments that were not teams that were already on top have been total fecking disasters.

Superunknown

On the one hand, at least we won't be another one of those 'dirty' clubs.

On the other hand, it's sickening knowing the Glazers will be around for longer. For now.

Just a pretty big meh to the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.