Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Alright, list the managers that have walked from a job at United, or in the PL, or any top job in Europe. Let's see how many people aren't 'motivated by money'.
Conte - Spurs
Curbishley - West Ham
Bielsa - Lazio

And if you count national teams then there's tons

Keegan and Capello for England are examples

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Conte - Spurs
Curbishley - West Ham
Bielsa - Lazio

Conte left with mutual agreement (Spurs paid 4 mil to him). Bielsa was two days in Lazio. Literally.

pastyfool

Wasn't Conte sacked or to put it into more diplomatic language 'left the club by mutual consent'? People seem to think he walked but I think I remember reading that he got a compensation package. Plus his contract was up that summer (think Spurs had about 10 games left that season).

mu4c_20le

Wasn't Conte sacked or to put it into more diplomatic language 'left the club by mutual consent'? People seem to think he walked but I think I remember reading that he got a compensation package. Plus his contract was up that summer (think Spurs had about 10 games left that season).
Yeah that was after he blew up in the press conference Jose style

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't get the "ETH may walk" arguments. They seem to imply that ETH is doing the club a massive favor by being here, as if he was Pep managing lowly Port Vale. This isn't even a criticism of him, just a reminder that he's a very well-paid employee of one of the biggest clubs in world football.

Tender Teacher

Have our esteemed football journalists given up trying to ascertain whether Ratcliffe will had a definite route to full ownership?

I've barely seen any mention of this critical issue recently.

croadyman

I feel Ratcliffes age will have a big bearing on this. Hes not in it for the long term, so it depends what hes after.
If he wants full ownerhip, he has to get a move on, so there must be something in the contracts drawn up.
If however he just wants to say at least I got my wish of having an hand running the club, it could end up with the Glazers stopping long term.
Praying it's not the last paragraph

Marcelinho87

Have our esteemed football journalists given up trying to ascertain whether Ratcliffe will had a definite route to full ownership?

Your problem is relying on sports journalists to cover a financial story.

They know nada.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good stuff. An executive overhaul is exactly what we need (to imitate change).a

Baxquux

Club should have looked into recruiting both of then,one as the Head of Recruitment and other as Sporting Director
Hasn't Edwards indicated previously that he wants to be a multi-club consultant for the moment, rather than a full-time employee at one club? That's what I've seen reported here anyway.

gaffs

Personal opinion, even after the 25% investment is announced, we may not know this for sure.

Ratcliffe and The Glazers will have to project an image of a happy family. I cant see a scenario where Jim comes out and says "I have 25% but intend to buy out the majority owners". Not only could that impact share prices of a publicly listed company, it could also upset the thin skinned Glazers and make a potential takeover more complicated.

Nor do I think there will be information made available about put/call options that have been pre-agreed. It is in both The Glazers and INEOS's best interest to keep that all under wraps.

Last edited:

croadyman

Personal opinion, even after the 25% investment is announced, we may not know this for sure.

Ratcliffe and The Glazers will have to project an image of a happy family. I cant see a scenario where Jim comes out and says "I have 25% but intend to buy out the majority owners". Not only could that impact share prices of a publicly listed company, it could also upset the thin skinned The Glazers and make a potential takeover more complicated.

Nor do I think there will be information made available about put/call options that have been pre-agreed. It is in both The Glazers and INEOS's best interest to keep that all under wraps.
Yeah unfortunately you are probably right

davidmichael

Club should have looked into recruiting both of then,one as the Head of Recruitment and other as Sporting Director
This times a million :drool: if we could get Jean Claude Blanc in as CEO, Edwards as Sporting Director and Mitchell as Head Of Recruitment then leave ETH to just coach we’d be in the best shape as far as the structure of the club that we’ve been in for a decade.

Baxquux

This times a million :drool: if we could get Jean Claude Blanc in as CEO, Edwards as Sporting Director and Mitchell as Head Of Recruitment then leave ETH to just coach we’d be in the best shape as far as the structure of the club that we’ve been in for a decade.
First three are fine. Jury is out on ETH, given how he has dealt with his (admittedly very mixed, some of which was luck) hand this season. It's not just the buys but then selections, holding players accountable (or not), taking or not taking calculated risks with bringing in fresh players with more dynamism. He had a good run last season thanks to Case being more mobile than he's been this season, and Rashford hitting one of his intermittent spells of form, but I don't think he's earned the right to guarantee himself another 2 years without serious scrutiny from fans and the new senior team...

crossy1686

career ending
Conte - Spurs
Curbishley - West Ham
Bielsa - Lazio

Conte was mutual consent, he got paid out, and you're going back some with Curbishley.

The pay outs these days don't make it worth it to just walk away. Like seriously, what's going to happen? "Erik, you've got to get Sancho back in the first team" - "Okay, I quit!".

He can just say no and force INEOS to sack him if they feel strongly enough about it.

Loon

:lol:

Ratcliffe and The Glazers will have to project an image of a happy family. I cant see a scenario where Jim comes out and says "I have 25% but intend to buy out the majority owners". Not only could that impact share prices of a publicly listed company, it could also upset the thin skinned Glazers and make a potential takeover more complicated.

This is likely the case, but if Ratcliffe is seen to be making positive moves on the club/infrastructure front, I doubt many will care.

Revaulx

Weird how Antony gets this kind of talk but Sancho who was signed for £9m less but is on way higher wages, has barely busted a gut in his entire Utd career, fallen out with the manager and chucked 6 months of his career in the bin is not seen in that way.
The media has spoken: Sancho is a Stout British Yeoman. Antony is a Filthy Foreigner.

Waynne

Arnold leaving, eh?

Well. We will always have the memory of him buying a round for a bunch of [insert whatever adjective you think is appropriate] United fans down his local.

I mean, that was a great moment in our history.

Other than that one unquestionably grand moment, I do struggle to find other instances worth mentioning in a eulogy (of sorts). Perhaps his open letter regarding the Greenwood situation. Granted, the letter was shit and likely AI generated, but it was something he did while in office.

Also, he wore jeans a lot (at least on a couple of occasions that we know of).

The sum total of these achievements (buying rounds, likely using AI to generate a shit open letter, wearing jeans) means that he was better than Woodward.

So, thanks. Nicely done. Wish him all the best in his future endeavours, I'm sure if they have anything to do with buying beer for random twats or wearing jeans, he'll do just fine.
:lol::lol:

davidmichael

First three are fine. Jury is out on ETH, given how he has dealt with his (admittedly very mixed, some of which was luck) hand this season. It's not just the buys but then selections, holding players accountable (or not), taking or not taking calculated risks with bringing in fresh players with more dynamism. He had a good run last season thanks to Case being more mobile than he's been this season, and Rashford hitting one of his intermittent spells of form, but I don't think he's earned the right to guarantee himself another 2 years without serious scrutiny from fans and the new senior team...
I’m not talking long term in regards to ETH as it’s impossible to talk long term in regards to managers/head coaches these days, I’m meaning that ETH for whilst he’s at the club can focus just on coaching with the other three as the structure above him.

As far as the buys that’s the whole point of the structure above him as ETH would then have little input in regards to our signings, with Edwards and Mitchell (if that were to happen but even with just one of them) they’d be the one identifying players and working on the deals whilst ETH or whoever at that time was head coach would be focused on coaching.

I think we’d be a lot more ruthless with players with Blanc and either both or one of Edwards and/or Mitchell as they’d have no bias or emotional attachment to a player like our managers have had over the years and the deadwood would be moved on, the structure above would have the time in their workload to move players on and surely would without bias.

C'est Moi Cantona

Regarding the 25 % thing, he's either buying a majority or we'll be sold fully in the next 5 years or so, it's impossible that he is putting the money in that has been talked about without some sort of cast iron guarantee either way.

Five hundred to one on that it'll be the former, but nothing would surprise me anymore with United.

Baxquux

Glazers are weird. On the one hand, 'skin thicker than rhinos' in terms of widespread derision from fans but also journalists criticizing their practices and even largely to supporters pressuring sponsors or trying to purposefully associate united with incompetence whilst the Glazers are still around and therefore the sponsor brand with a failing united brand; on the other hand, 'thin-skinned' , or so it would seem, to even the most moderate third-party leaks from prospective owners about 'improving processes' if and when they were to secure control of the club, as if the Glazers didn't recognize a basic PR strategy and winning consent. It's like the reports about even the two 'involved' Glazers being clueless about basic footballing matters and continually unresponsive when quick decisions need to be taken, but also micromanagers in other regards (to the point where it makes the club look a cheap racket), blocking sales or quibbling about fees when it ends up hurting us the most.

They'd rather the club spent large fees than employing a top of the range but comparatively cheaper RB-style DOF and surrounding team to source value players as well as developing more from the academy, but they won't even spend relatively small amounts on repairing structural issues around the stadium, despite this affecting the commercial 'brand'/corporate guest experience. It's all very figuratively 'bi-polar' , without casting aspersions on people with that condition. God knows what stories are going to emerge in the fullness of time if and when they're finally pried or exorcised from the club.

MadMike

Weird how Antony gets this kind of talk but Sancho who was signed for £9m less but is on way higher wages, has barely busted a gut in his entire Utd career, fallen out with the manager and chucked 6 months of his career in the bin is not seen in that way.
They’re both up there, if we’re honest. The reason the focus is on Antony more is because:
  1. recency bias. He is a more recent signing.
  2. the manager who signed him is still here and there’s even more criticism of the manager for this transfer than on Antony himself
  3. he is consistently getting game time, unlike Sancho, which serves as a frequent reminder of what a waste of money he was
  4. nobody thought he was worth the money in the first place, unlike Sancho.
All legitimate reasons, to be fair.

Brophs

The One and Only
Arnold leaving, eh?

Well. We will always have the memory of him buying a round for a bunch of [insert whatever adjective you think is appropriate] United fans down his local.

I mean, that was a great moment in our history.

Other than that one unquestionably grand moment, I do struggle to find other instances worth mentioning in a eulogy (of sorts). Perhaps his open letter regarding the Greenwood situation. Granted, the letter was shit and likely AI generated, but it was something he did while in office.

Also, he wore jeans a lot (at least on a couple of occasions that we know of).

The sum total of these achievements (buying rounds, likely using AI to generate a shit open letter, wearing jeans) means that he was better than Woodward.

So, thanks. Nicely done. Wish him all the best in his future endeavours, I'm sure if they have anything to do with buying beer for random twats or wearing jeans, he'll do just fine.
The level of disrespect on this forum for the man who implemented the club’s ultra successful ‘no dickheads’ policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.