4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Glad he got his goal. Age is really catching up to him and it feels sad sometimes to watch him struggle against it.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
Kudos to his PR team what a work they had & still

this guy for sure have the best agent too

His overall game is average since 2012 & rely on this massive stats padding & still called goat while he’s not even a top 10

Hopefully he leaves in jan if there is a club wants him of course

Andersonson

He needs to adapt his game. He needs to be a fox in the box-type more. He is still world class in the air. He has some uses. IF he can be a super sub and rotation and adapts a bit he can be vital in the latter part of the season.

DutchCruijff

I will say, he makes A LOT of runs/moves that others don't pick on, attempt or just fluff.

That's not to say he'd finish the chances, but his movement isn't always being picked up on.

Marwood

2nd half I thought he did well coming short and speeding up our play. Without doing anything amazing it got us going a few times when the tempo was dropping.

But his body has really stiffened up now. Reminds me of how Rio looked towards his end.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Glad he score, much improved performance after getting all the shite lately. Whoscored gives him the 2nd highest rating in the game.

BTW, wonder why he doesn't do SUI celebration anymore. Whats up with his new Amen celebration?

Luka Mora

Glad he score, much improved performance after getting all the shite lately. Whoscored gives him the 2nd highest rating in the game.

BTW, wonder why he doesn't do SUI celebration anymore. Whats up with his new Amen celebration?
Its a prayer to the authorities so they don't haul him back in court.

The United

Ronaldo is well known for getting sharper in the later stages of the season, which showed that even in the last season.

But obviously, his age is becoming the main factor increasingly now and it is hard to say if he will get better as the season goes on now. But I think Rashford should be playing with him in the middle in some games where we can't score. They are more effective together than leading the attack alone.

mu4c_20le

Ronaldo is well known for getting sharper in the later stages of the season, which showed that even in the last season.

But obviously, his age is becoming the main factor increasingly now and it is hard to say if he will get better as the season goes on now. But I think Rashford should be playing with him in the middle in some games where we can't score. They are more effective together than leading the attack alone.
That slow start, and the dropping deep, he's turning into Kane.

Sgreddevil

Although i hope he will be out of the club soon, he is probably the few options we have at this point of time . He is still one of the best headers in the game at this age. We should play to his only strength he left and deliver pinpoint crosses which we are lacking. From yesterday game, we can see the impact if we are able to deliver pinpoint cross to him.
Unfortunately he is on wrong side of age , otherwise he would have gotten a hat trick in yesterday game.
We still need to find a backup as soon as possible

LoneStar

I enjoy our games less when he starts.
I feel the same way. Everyone tries to pander to him needlessly, like he's some 'Make A Wish' kid or something. We play so much better without him on the pitch.

Having said that, he was okay today. Missed a couple of chances again, but was otherwise okay.

AndySmith1990

We're a worse team with him in it. There's absolutely nothing positive to say about him anymore. He's a bad player, a bad professional and a bad influence. Hope he's gone in Jan

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's the shepherds pie that's made out of beef in this team.
Looks odd and out of place.

Devil81

Said it before and will say it again, having played football and played the position Ronaldo plays. Age kills your reaction speed, it slows you down.

It doesn't slow you down in your head though. Adjusting your body is harder and slower and that's his biggest problem.

He will score now and again but he's really struggling now, he must know in himself it's getting close to retirement now.

Glorio

He kept going there till he scored, which was good to see. While he's here, he should be able to do a job but hope Martial is back soon because we need a lot better. That CF position seems to be the major one holding this team back.

The most ineffective position in our side is his and he's the worst of our options - hope he's gone in Jan still.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am glad he scored but, to be honest, last night was more of the same averageness from Ronaldo. He's so far from his best self, he's so far even from his best moments last season, its actually shocking.

The team, as a whole, looks worse when he's in it. His tendency to drop off and go wandering messes up our attacking cohesion. Unlike when we have someone like Rashford or Martial up front, Ronaldo helps the opposition squeeze by continually coming short. It ends up with Bruno having to make the off the ball runs in behind from deep to try and stretch the game. Bruno becomes a lesser player trying his best Thomas Muller impression, while the team as a whole gets less creative.

If Ronaldo is unwilling or unable to stay up top, stretching the play, that is an even bigger argument for him leaving than refusing to come on as a sub. Tactically he creates issues that his upside, currently, doesn't justify.

Sylar

I am glad he scored but, to be honest, last night was more of the same averageness from Ronaldo. He's so far from his best self, he's so far even from his best moments last season, its actually shocking.

The team, as a whole, looks worse when he's in it. His tendency to drop off and go wandering messes up our attacking cohesion. Unlike when we have someone like Rashford or Martial up front, Ronaldo helps the opposition squeeze by continually coming short. It ends up with Bruno having to make the off the ball runs in behind from deep to try and stretch the game. Bruno becomes a lesser player trying his best Thomas Muller impression, while the team as a whole gets less creative.

If Ronaldo is unwilling or unable to stay up top, stretching the play, that is an even bigger argument for him leaving than refusing to come on as a sub. Tactically he creates issues that his upside, currently, doesn't justify.
Similar feeling.
It just seems like the team look to force passes into him when there are better options (because they want Ronaldo to score).
Ronaldo made good runs and glad he scored (great cross from bruno btw).
Just do think we are more unpredictable when hes not playing.

Josh 76

Said it before and will say it again, having played football and played the position Ronaldo plays. Age kills your reaction speed, it slows you down.

It doesn't slow you down in your head though. Adjusting your body is harder and slower and that's his biggest problem.

He will score now and again but he's really struggling now, he must know in himself it's getting close to retirement now.
That’s the problem. He doesn’t know in himself he’s coming to the end!

Foxbatt

He shouldn't be dropping back and he should take shots he would have taken in the past. I think he has lost his confidence and is taking an extra touch. But I think he is going to score against West Ham if he starts.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah I didn't think he was particularly great last night.

He was more involved than his last two starts but nothing special and even his finishing doesn't seem to be what it was.

He got his goal eventually though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wish he didn't come. And I wish our young fans didn't see him like this. Watching him trying to dribble yesterday was a sad sight. Many young fans will not know that this guys used to tear defenders' arseholes with his pace and skill.

mshnsh

I wish he didn't come. And I wish our young fans didn't see him like this. Watching him trying to dribble yesterday was a sad sight. Many young fans will not know that this guys used to tear defenders' arseholes with his pace and skill.
His dribbling ability is somewhat exaggerated. The only seasons that I remember him dribbling at a good (but not elite) level are 2006/7 and 2009/10. During the famous 07/08 season and his famed Madrid seasons 10/11 to 14/15 he was ok. After that his dribbling has not been good.

Strelok

Don't worry there's a thing called Youtube. And I'd bet most of his young fans have never actually watched him play but rather only highlights. And I'd also bet 90% of his current fans are under 25 yo. After that age most people stop worshiping idols. Same stuff with Kpop. Anyway agree on the didn't come back part.

Abraxas

Didn't think he was as poor as some of the readings here. It was okay. That's about it. He got his goal, a few poor dribbles, a really bad snatched chance. He should be encouraged to just stay high up the pitch at all times so as to stop wasting energy and getting involved in the ball carrying and passing that he's not especially great at anymore. He's a straight forward goalscorer if he's anything. You don't need him in overall play when you have the likes of Eriksen, Bruno, Sancho, Antony that can all create, it is redundant. I guess its partly his own reluctance to admit his limitations but if he just stays in goalscoring situations he'll do okay.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I suspect if ETH has at least one alternative to Ronaldo he won't start another game before the World Cup bar the Villa League Cup match (if he hasn't thrown another strop by then). We surely can find a way to get him out the door without having to pay out his contract - if we're more public about things.

steffyr2

I suspect if ETH has at least one alternative to Ronaldo he won't start another game before the World Cup bar the Villa League Cup match (if he hasn't thrown another strop by then). We surely can find a way to get him out the door without having to pay out his contract - if we're more public about things.
The word ‘contract’ does have a rather specific meaning.

themanguydude

That was one of his better performances this season, but I still feel we play worse with him in the team.

Shimo

One thing about Thursday I would say is it would be great if Rashford/Martial could take page out of his book in not wanting to score but, to do it by being in the box and in those closer positions to the goal. Rashford for instance was again on his back foot when Ronaldo's head got saved and Ronaldo was quick to pounce. That desire and instinct to just be in those positions where the ball may be coming would net them 4-5 goals easy.

And I know people harp on our players desperate to get him the ball so he can score but, that's the thing, he is getting in those positions, just not finishing or have the stregth/speed/agility as much. If Rasfhord/Martial get in those positions as striker, everyone will want to feed them as much, it's not just about it being Ronaldo is why they try so hard.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe it wasn't obvious enough, but I was referring to using his pride as leverage.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
One thing about Thursday I would say is it would be great if Rashford/Martial could take page out of his book in not wanting to score but, to do it by being in the box and in those closer positions to the goal. Rashford for instance was again on his back foot when Ronaldo's head got saved and Ronaldo was quick to pounce. That desire and instinct to just be in those positions where the ball may be coming would net them 4-5 goals easy.

And I know people harp on our players desperate to get him the ball so he can score but, that's the thing, he is getting in those positions, just not finishing or have the stregth/speed/agility as much. If Rasfhord/Martial get in those positions as striker, everyone will want to feed them as much, it's not just about it being Ronaldo is why they try so hard.
All of which keeps coming back to the same issue. This team desperately needs a proper, top class, number nine. Our various options for that position are all capable of doing some aspects of the job but not (for different reasons) all of the aspects we need. When we do fix this issue, the team could be unstoppable.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

In a take no prisoners mood today Cris? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.